• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 1991 Oppie by-election strategy

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opposition’s by-election strategy of allowing the PAP to return to power on Nomination Day that would embolden the people to take their chances and elect opposition candidates.

In 1991, all the oppies agreed to field less candidates to give the ruling party a huge walkovers :biggrin:

4 opposition candidates were elected :thumbsup:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The opposition’s by-election strategy of allowing the PAP to return to power on Nomination Day that would embolden the people to take their chances and elect opposition candidates.

Fat chance!

Why would the other voters want to take their chance and be stuck with oppie duds like parrot man or people who reward their party supporters with cushy town council contracts?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Brudder, don't put your hopes too high lah. 1991 and present day more 25 years ago. Voters profile and socio economic conditions have changed.

PAP will have clean sweep next GE... It will be landslide victory. Earn your money, have dual residence in Singapore and elsewhere, whether Thailand, China or whatever. Spend a few months here and there and enjoy your life while it lasts. Politics is not my cup of tea after years of voting and the candidate(s) I voted for, including EP candidate, had never emerged victorious before. It's time for the younger generation to decide what the FUG country they want, and meanwhile, I spend my own money and enjoy my last 20 to 30 years of my life, barring accidental death or early diseased death ... :biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudder, don't put your hopes too high lah. 1991 and present day more 25 years ago. Voters profile and socio economic conditions have changed.

PAP will have clean sweep next GE... It will be landslide victory. Earn your money, have dual residence in Singapore and elsewhere, whether Thailand, China or whatever. Spend a few months here and there and enjoy your life while it lasts. Politics is not my cup of tea after years of voting and the candidate(s) I voted for, including EP candidate, had never emerged victorious before. It's time for the younger generation to decide what the FUG country they want, and meanwhile, I spend my own money and enjoy my last 20 to 30 years of my life, barring accidental death or early diseased death ... :biggrin:

Bro, I am just sharing our history to our fellow citizens in this forum :biggrin:

Relax :roflmao:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha :biggrin:

Then why you so worry about oppies using the old by-election strategy again :laugh:

I'm actually hoping that the oppies do.

It would make winning for the PAP so much easier. If PM Lee and Bro Chun Sing win by walkover, they will come over to Hougang and Aljunied more often to give support for the PAP grassroots advisers contesting in those wards.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually hoping that the oppies do.

It would make winning for the PAP so much easier. If PM Lee and Bro Chun Sing win by walkover, they will come over to Hougang and Aljunied more often to give support for the PAP grassroots advisers contesting in those wards.

Okay okay I wish you and your teams good luck too :tongue:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you jinx !

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-25 Serious - Cheng Bock Caught Red Handed Plotting Mischief With The Oppies...png
    Screenshot_2018-10-25 Serious - Cheng Bock Caught Red Handed Plotting Mischief With The Oppies...png
    154.2 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food for Thought:

Visualise what would be happening in Singapore, especially with the PAP LEEders and the People [meaning YOU and I], if the arrogant, complacent, incompetent and $$$elf-$$$erving PAP were to win all seats at the next General Election!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Food for Thought:

Visualise what would be happening in Singapore, especially with the PAP LEEders and the People [meaning YOU and I], if the arrogant, complacent, incompetent and $$$elf-$$$erving PAP were to win all seats at the next General Election!
Nothing much. I still get to live my life peacefully, though more expensive but I shall spend less time here lor. 70% loves PAP so I also LAN LAN when this becomes 85%. :biggrin:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Led? Nope. I have no descendants so I am not worried about next gen. I have enough to live till I die. Let the next gen sort out what they want ..I don't care anymore. :biggrin:

When the YOU and I give in and not show our non-acceptance of the arrogant PAP LEEdership by voting against it, then we are but part of the domesticated animals, led and waiting to be abused and slaughtered.

Yes, the next gen must do their part, regardless of who or what they may be. We WILL continue to live and enjoy our way of life. However, the very least that the YOU and I could do is to not give the arrogant and abuse LEEders our endorsement VOTEs.