• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$192,500 pa and the immense generosity of our PAP MPs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Under the recommendations of the committee to review ministerial salaries, MPs will see an allowance cut to $192,500.

This is about a 3 per cent cut from their 2010 allowance, a relatively small cut compared to the pay cut of 36 to 37 per cent the Prime Minister and ministers are facing.

However, MPs say the job expenses are diverse and often hefty, and just like regular salaries, their allowances are subject to income tax deductions.

In addition, it is the norm for MPs to contribute a percentage of their allowance to their political party, if they are affiliated to one.

For the People's Action Party, MPs donate 10 per cent of their allowance to the party. The same applied for Mr Chiam See Tong of Singapore Democratic Party when he was an MP, Mr Sin Kek Tong, 64, founder of SPP previously said.

The Straits Times (ST) interviewed 10 MPs to see where their monthly allowance goes to.

Mr Edwin Tong, MP for Moulmein-Kallang GRC, told ST that when he became MP, he opened a separate bank account for his monthly MP allowance, which he only uses for MP-related purposes.

These include dinners with grassroots activists and charitable donations.

He does not see the allowance as income for himself, and having a separate bank account makes it more transparent, he said.

Mr Zainudin Nordin, MP of Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, said MPs may make regular donations to charitable causes, as well as ad-hoc donations made to individuals and organisations.

Other expenses include constituency-related donations, such as to welfare funds, he said.

He added that he also pays for retreats and gatherings for grassroots activists to build teamwork.

Ms Ellen Lee, MP of Sembawang GRC, told ST that she donated $20,000 to the building fund of her ward's community centre.

It appears that this altruistic behaviour is the norm, according to the MPs. Mr David Ong, MP of Jurong GRC, said the MPs take every chance to give back to the community.

Dr Janil Puthucheary, MP of Pasir-Ris-Punggol GRC, said he donates portions of his allowance anonymously.

Ms Tin Pei Ling, MP of Marine Parade GRC, said she spends about half her MP allowance on donations and grassroots activities.

She comes out several thousand dollars each month to grassroots functions. For example, she is forking out almost $10,000 for the upcoming Chinese New Year dinner.

The average dinner for activists cost $5,000 to $6,000.

For what is left of her allowance, she said she is planning to use the money to fund a new social project in her ward, which she will launch soon.

She added that she uses her personal savings for expenses such as travel.

Mr Lim Biow Chuan, MP for Mountbatten, said about 10 per cent of his monthly allowance goes towards more personal causes, such as the weddings or funerals of grassroots activists and volunteers.

Dr Lily Neo, MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, has been previously reported to have donated her increase in MP allowance back in 2011 to Public Assistance receipients in her constituency.

Mr Ang Hin Kee, MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, told Chinese daily Zaobao that MPs all have issues they are close with. He is personally concerned with the disadvantaged in society and reintegrating ex-convicts into society.

Therefore, he will donate to related projects. Even though the sums may be small, by doing so, Mr Ang hopes that he will attract others to do likewise.

Marine Parade GRC MP Seah Kian Peng also told Zaobao that he helped foot part of the renovation bill for his ward's Braddell Heights Community Centre. Other than that, he will also take care of the expenses for dinners held in appreciation of his ward's volunteers.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest...tory20120107-320436.html#sthash.hBX4zqrx.dpuf

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is cheap ...let's see the audited financial statements.

Ms Tin doesn't need the allowance ...her $68-million scholar husband has more than enough dough. Anyway, the MP stint is to help her make the big jump when she goes looking for a real job. The climb to managing director in a consulting firm from associate is a long one. With her short stint as an MP, she can become one in her next job.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ms Tin doesn't need the allowance ...her $68-million scholar husband has more than enough dough. Anyway, the MP stint is to help her make the big jump when she goes looking for a real job. The climb to managing director in a consulting firm from associate is a long one. With her short stint as an MP, she can become one in her next job.

Crony crony so consult for temasek and all its other kakis?

Wah sure gala man like that....... All the doors opened ......

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their bonuses have increased and related KPIs have been made much easier. Everything seems like a scam when the PAPzis dip their hands into the pot. :oIo:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Typical useless Braddell Street prostitute article. What is this article talking about? What is this allowance? Is this separate from their salaries? Because an allowance is a totally different thing from a salary. If this is their allowance, than what is their real salary? Or are we to assume the Shit Times is using allowance synonymous with salary?

Of course, Shit Times has forgotten to mention that this $192,500 pay (assuming its a salary) is for part time work only. Most of these MPs have busy full time jobs. Do they care to track the MP's hours and see on an average week, how much time is spend on constituency and MP duties? I would venture to say that in some cases like Old Goat and Wooden, zero hours are spend. I would further venture to say that if 10 hours a week is the average that an MP spends, this little pay works out to $370 per hour. Not a bad scam if you can get it. By the way, do they even get CPF deductions?

If Edwin Tong claims to open a separate bank account for his MP pay for more transparency, and that this account is used for grassroot dinners and charitable donations, surely than he should have no problem publishing the monthly statements of his accounts. After all, he is a lawyer, and I am sure he knows the meaning of the word "transparent". Talk is cheap, put your money where your is. I guess that would never happen. why? The public will start calling for all the other MPs to publish their bank accounts too, and that would be a no no. By the way, he is another of those Roman Catholics that seem to run around in the PAP. Someone should tell him his soul is going to burn in hell.

It seems that alot of the money these leeches have sucked from us taxpayers go back to rewarding their grassroot committees and various PAP porlumpars in the form of dinners, and donations. Glad to see that pork barelling is alive and well. Seems to me that Shit Times has also failed to reveal what is the budget for their constituency offices. I am sure there is a lot of fat there for rewarding the crass looters too.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical useless Braddell Street prostitute article. What is this article talking about? What is this allowance? Is this separate from their salaries? Because an allowance is a totally different thing from a salary. If this is their allowance, than what is their real salary? Or are we to assume the Shit Times is using allowance synonymous with salary?

Of course, Shit Times has forgotten to mention that this $192,500 pay (assuming its a salary) is for part time work only. Most of these MPs have busy full time jobs. Do they care to track the MP's hours and see on an average week, how much time is spend on constituency and MP duties? I would venture to say that in some cases like Old Goat and Wooden, zero hours are spend. I would further venture to say that if 10 hours a week is the average that an MP spends, this little pay works out to $370 per hour. Not a bad scam if you can get it. By the way, do they even get CPF deductions?

If Edwin Tong claims to open a separate bank account for his MP pay for more transparency, and that this account is used for grassroot dinners and charitable donations, surely than he should have no problem publishing the monthly statements of his accounts. After all, he is a lawyer, and I am sure he knows the meaning of the word "transparent". Talk is cheap, put your money where your is. I guess that would never happen. why? The public will start calling for all the other MPs to publish their bank accounts too, and that would be a no no. By the way, he is another of those Roman Catholics that seem to run around in the PAP. Someone should tell him his soul is going to burn in hell.

It seems that alot of the money these leeches have sucked from us taxpayers go back to rewarding their grassroot committees and various PAP porlumpars in the form of dinners, and donations. Glad to see that pork barelling is alive and well. Seems to me that Shit Times has also failed to reveal what is the budget for their constituency offices. I am sure there is a lot of fat there for rewarding the crass looters too.

The PA has an annual budget in excess of $500 million. MPs do not have to dip into their bank accounts or pockets for PA or grassroots activities.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PA has an annual budget in excess of $500 million. MPs do not have to dip into their bank accounts or pockets for PA or grassroots activities.

This is meant to throw at the grassroot sycophants. The top makan so much, must give some peanuts to the monkeys below, otherwise there will be no foot soldiers.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1 also donation,,,,,

10% back to party,,,, like church tithing,,,,,,

donate anon, is like saying i donate or nor, you also no need to know,,,,

$6000/$192,000 ,,,,,, oh,,, yah,,,, sure,,,, still higher than full time pay in accountancy firm,,,,,,

one directorship appointment enough for any fonations liao,,,,

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNBCCB if you think you are getting the right salary why need reviewing? fuck you lah. from now if mps came to me and utter the rubbish of saying I served the people I will tell them KNNBCCB you are serving for the fucking pay, not us.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dont need audit.if they are truly sincere,ask them to donated 90% of their salary like president mujica.open another account for fuck?after all they going to keep the money anyway so what difference it makes?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QUOTE]

Quite frankly, what the Kong Hee lackey Edwin Tong does with his allowance is nobody's business. What he does not tell you are the lucrative litigation deals that his law firm gets; he has the blessings of his employers to be an MP, and taking time off from billable hours.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
No talk is even cheaper. Let us see how much money the WP MPs donated.

PAP chooses MPs who have made something for themselves and do not see the MP allowance as a windfall. WP has MPs like Lee Li Lian, Png Eng Huat and Faisal Abdul Manap who have never seen a 5 figure paycheck before.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, these fuckers interviewed are lying?

He has to be queried why an organization that has a budget of more than half a billion still needs its MP's donation. Then ask the fucker how much he has donated for each of his donations. The trick with the PAPzis is to always think ahead and have additional questions for them. The PA is headed by Transgender Loong who has gone on record as declaring that he will BUY support and FIX his adversaries. WHere does the half billion dollars go to? :cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No talk is even cheaper. Let us see how much money the WP MPs donated.

PAP chooses MPs who have made something for themselves and do not see the MP allowance as a windfall. WP has MPs like Lee Li Lian, Png Eng Huat and Faisal Abdul Manap who have never seen a 5 figure paycheck before.

obviously its windfall to them since old fart,ass loong and the rest of the dogs are so hard up over defending their sky high pay and million dollar salaries and amazing dignity....u retarded braindead dog.

im pretty damn sure Lee Li lian png eng huat and faisal abdul would have been perfectly content with a mp pay of 3k per month serving the people.....only some idiots in white can never be satiated even with the silk clothes of heaven and gold embroidered cashmere.....these people will not lift a finger or their ass for anything less than $1000 a day.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really clueless about the real world and think $13k chin choi lui.

People like Lam Pin Min, Chia Shi Lu, Hri Kumar, Teo Ser Luck, Foo Mee Har and Baey Yam Keng, Gan Thiam Poh, Indranee Rajah, K Shanmugam, Lim Wee Kiak, Sitoh Yih Pin, Alvin Yeo, Edwin Tong (just to name a few) were earning that kind of money long before they became MPs. That is why many of them spend most of their MP allowance on their grassroots activities.

obviously its windfall to them since old fart,ass loong and the rest of the dogs are so hard up over defending their sky high pay and million dollar salaries and amazing dignity....u retarded braindead dog.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their bonuses have increased and related KPIs have been made much easier. Everything seems like a scam when the PAPzis dip their hands into the pot. :oIo:

WHEN THEY ARE DANCING UNDER THE LAMP POSTS
OR WEARING A NECKLACE OF BURNING CAR TYRE

WE THEN DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THEIR HANDS IN THE POT OF OUR MONEY

GET RID OF THE POISON IN SINGAPORE
HANG ALL THOSE FUCKING PAPs AND THEIR COLLABORATORS
BBQ THE BASTARD PAPs

AND SINGAPORE CAN BE AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN SWITZERLAND

OR REMAIN HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED TO BE TIEWED TO BE KANNED BY THE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES

Kill them all PAPs
Let GOD sort out the good from the really bad ones
The good PAPs can then eat joss sticks and candle wax from time to time
The bad PAPs like smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY will be raped and tiewed and kanned by legions of ghouls and demons and not ever
get time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

None of those in PAP work for anyone but that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY, to help him hold down Singaporeans to screw and fuck hundreds of BILLIONs from us all into smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds.

They are there in PAP because LKY know that they are a bunch of self serving greedy bastards and scrapings of scums of society. To call them maggots cockroaches will be to insult real maggots and real cockroaches.
LKY will never allow good decent people into the PAP and good decent people will not want to get into the PAP.

Those in PAP are the most corrupt and moral degenerates and moral bankrupts and moral filths that are being presented to stinkaporeans as moral compasses.

Despite the leeching and fucking of singaporeans by the cheebye PAP and LKY, Singapore still managed to survive to date.
Despite their being hung as a fucking millstones around the necks of Singaporeans and the idiocy and corrupt manipulations of PAP and LKY, Singapore still not dead yet.

WE ALL ARE NOW WAITING FOR THE DEATH OF LKY IN COMING DAYS OR WEEKS.
WE ALL WILL YUM SENG AND YUM SENG AND YUM SENG AGAIN AND AGAIN DANCING SINGING ON TABLE TOPS AND STREETS

WE THEN WILL SEE THOSE IN PAP WITH SHARPENED KNIVES HOOTING ARSEHLOON A DOZEN NEW ARSEHOLES AND THE DEATH OF THE ENTIRE LEE KWA CLAN

WE THEN WILL PICK UP PIANO WIRES AND HANG ALL THOSE REMAINING PAP AND THEIR COLLABORATORS FROM LAMP POSTS AND SEE THOSE BASTARDS AND BITCHES DANCE.
AND HAPPINESS WILL RETURN TO OUR LAND.

AND STINKAPORE WILL BECOME SINGAPORE ONCE MORE.

https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

People like Lam Pin Min, Chia Shi Lu, Hri Kumar, Teo Ser Luck, Foo Mee Har and Baey Yam Keng, Gan Thiam Poh, Indranee Rajah, K Shanmugam, Lim Wee Kiak, Sitoh Yih Pin, Alvin Yeo, Edwin Tong (just to name a few) were earning that kind of money long before they became MPs. That is why many of them spend most of their MP allowance on their grassroots activities.

yeah ok doesnt change the fact they are overpaid useless fucks and borderline clowns.i know teo ser luck,foo mee har and baey yam keng are clowns for sure.

the fact remains everytime i hear these PAP dogs argue in parliament it just smacks of nothing but self serving,narcisstic,egotistic,living in ivory tower hogwash.u can tell from their mindsets and the background they come from these are no ordinary scumbags.they are hundred percent thoroughbred scumbags.

anyway its no biggie to earn 100k+ a year.....20% of singaporeans earn that thats 1 million people...out of these 1million theres bound to be clowns here and there,no biggie to be rich,lots of stupid people out there with lots of money.i once saw a stupid idiot in a chatroom show off 50k USD in cash....and im sure hes iq is nothing above 90.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

talk simi lancheow, u fucking retard? Show the accounts if you claim they spend most of their MP allowance on grassroot activities. Bitches like Tin Pei Ling probably spend most of their money on kate spade. edwin tong claim he is transaparent. Ok, show the accounts, or else shut up.