• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

19 year-old SG PR in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia is a Fraud?!

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brave and good work by Tech in Asia.

Over the past few weeks, I have also been conducting my own independent research on Harsh, and attest to all of the claims made in the article. Further, I came to the following conclusions:

1. Harsh claims to have received funding from several different venture funds but has not actually been funded by any of them. (He has now entirely retracted this claim).
  2. Harsh has entirely made up a fake venture capital fund called Grand Canyon Capital and claims he has been funded by them.
  3. Harsh has either fabricated fake people out of whole cloth (as employees of his company), or at the very least faked the credentials of those employees. He refers to them like they exist in a video interview with CNA Insider (“Matt” and “Yoon Jin” who is mistakenly captioned as Eugene):

4. Harsh has significantly exaggerated the size and traction of his company. Harsh does not have 120 employees or 70,000 users or 9,000 projects with Carbon or 6,000 teams created with Workspace etc. Xenon, Carbon, and Workspace most probably do not exist.

EVIDENCE HERE: https://rentry.co/harsh-dalal-is-a-fraud

Over the past few weeks Harsh has attempted to cover his tracks by changing his website, deleting incriminating LinkedIn pages, etc. (Forbes, CNA, etc have all updated their statements after "clarifications by Harsh Dalal).

Initially, I was quite sympathetic to Harsh. I thought that it was possible that it could have been a small lie that has slowly snowballed. But the more I dug, the more I was convinced that Harsh is not just a young boy who doesn't know any better, but in fact a deliberate liar and fraudster who---even now---is continuing to lie even as his outrageous claims are unraveled around him. Harsh has put so much effort into lying: fabricating not just fake claims and fake users, but also fake screenshots, fake employees, and fake VCs. He has even used the name of a (presumably real) person in order to lend his fake VC legitimacy.

This is not a young boy not knowing any better. This is the systematic work of a person with no moral scruples whatsoever who is deliberately setting out to deceive. In fact it seems to me that Harsh probably expended more effort building his edifice of lies than he would have actually spent building the company!

I want to lambast the journalists at CNA/Forbes/Money FM/Tech Blitz, who gave Harsh so much attention and traction on their platforms without doing the basic due diligence on Harsh. As long as these media companies uncritically accept and promote stories like this, fraudsters will continue to have a platform to peddle their lies, at the expense of hardworking, honest CEOs and CTOs.

Good on Tech In Asia for publishing their expose. I applaud their bravery.

https://mothership.sg/2021/04/harsh-dalal-forbes-list/

https://rentry.co/harsh-dalal-is-a-fraud

https://vnexplorer.net/scrutinizing...-forbes-30-under-30-inductee-a2021161201.html

jw5

Loyal
Even though he appears to be a scammer, please do not be too Harsh on Harsh. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is why they're ranked 160th. And obviously there was an agenda behind featuring people like him. :cool:

By the way, Forbes is mostly clickbait garbage these days. Refer to its coverage of tech news e.g. new/upcoming smartphones and the headlines used.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
indian again
am i racist for saying this?
Yes

Singapore court approves winding up of oil trader Hin Leong — sources
Jessica Jaganathan & Roslan Khasawneh
/
Reuters

March 09, 2021 10:56 am +08

Singapore court approves winding up of oil trader Hin Leong — sources

-A
a.gif
+A

SINGAPORE (March 8): Singapore's High Court on Monday approved an application to wind up collapsed oil trading firm Hin Leong Trading Pte Ltd, marking the end of what was once one of Asia's top oil traders, three sources familiar with the matter said.
Hin Leong, owned by Singaporean tycoon Lim Oon Kuin and his children, racked up some $4 billion in debt and entered court restructuring nearly a year ago.
The company had been seeking to restructure its debts after the oil price crash last year when Lim admitted in a court document to directing the firm not to disclose hundreds of millions of dollars in losses over several years