• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th Purposely Misquotes CSJ!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SDP Chee: SPH leeporter misquote me</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>2:53 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30214.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Mar 17, 2010

Chee claims ZB interview implied he was anti-S'pore

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
THE report, 'Chee on foreign funds, Chiam's exit from SDP' (March 1), stated: 'In the (Lianhe Zaobao) article, the interviewer asked him (Dr Chee Soon Juan) about rumours that he had been able to engage in civil disobedience and other activities here because he received financing from foreign donors.
'The article said that, after much probing, he replied: 'I am an academic, and will occasionally receive research funding from overseas. I have written award-winning books, and have taken part in overseas research programmes.'�
'But Dr Chee did not say what the research entailed. All he would say was: 'Maybe research like human behaviour.''
The way that the report is written is clearly an attempt to portray me as being evasive about my income. I had told the Zaobao reporter, Ms Yew Lun Tian, clearly that I depended on my books and from time to time, help from my relatives for survival.
Because she found it hard to believe that this was sufficient, I told her that we lived simply and frugally.
At one point, she said she felt embarrassed about having to ask me where I lived and what kind of HDB flat I lived in.
This is an indication that she was aware that she was probing into my personal matters. Nonetheless, I obliged her by answering her question.
Yet Ms Yew reported it in such a way that I was trying to avoid her answer and had something to hide.
What is left unsaid, although clearly implied, is that I may be a stooge of a foreign agent conducting activities against Singapore.
This is the favoured line of an autocratic regime and its controlled media: They portray their opponents as traitorous individuals in cahoots with foreigners to undermine the country.
In all my years of service to this country, I have always worked with one and only one objective in mind: To speak up for my fellow citizens and empower them so that they can stand up for themselves.�
In what way do I harm Singapore's interests by fighting for democracy and the political rights of Singaporeans?
Chee Soon Juan
Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party

EDITOR'S NOTE: Our report was based on an article in Lianhe Zaobao. The editor of Zaobao has said that he stands by the article.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well....SPH is just good at that especially when it comes to reporting about alternative camp. The lies of PAP was painted so rosy and the truth of alternative parties were skewed to look bad. The last time they interviewed JBJ youngest son was to set his tone differently against his elder son (as if the two sons were at war on ideaology) only to have the former came out to clarify the mistake in the report. Classic journalist who seems unabashed by their 154th ranking. That is the kind of price LKY is willing to pay to benefit him and his party only. To make up for such a loss in status, they will self-masturbate by giving out rewards to themselves claiming to be the world first.:confused:

X

Xiahou Dun

no[lan];425109 said:
there is no misquote
read carefully

I know you are a dog from the civil service. Becareful or i may ass you. :biggrin:

X

Xiahou Yuan

Dog? Where? I have an appetite for dog meat but they not tasty. :biggrin:

Y

Yuan Shao

no[lan];425109 said:
there is no misquote
read carefully

Do you know how i know that you are a PAP dog? There was an old posting by you in which you defended the senior ICA officer caught for corruption. You said "u need to pay them a lot more to prevent corruption".

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=43042

But since scroobal has deleted your postings, you have to thank him for ridding off the evidence. :biggrin:

no[lan]

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know how i know that you are a PAP dog? There was an old posting by you in which you defended the senior ICA officer caught for corruption. You said "u need to pay them a lot more to prevent corruption".

Thank you for pointing that out. Indeed i remember what i said, that post was meant as a sarcastic remark. Use your bloody common sense. Rtard:biggrin: