• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th Praised SPG's Pre-Nup Agreement with Ang Moh! CHEEPSKATE!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Saying 'I do' to prenups
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Lawyers expect more couples to sign such pacts after recent court ruling </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Debbie Yong
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_11241519.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Ms Tan and Mr de Ferrieres de Sauveboeuf in front of the historic castle his family owns in France. Ms Judy Tan was approached by her future mother-in-law to sign a prenuptial agreement before her marriage to Frenchman Matthias de Ferrieres de Sauveboeuf, who has aristocratic roots. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF JUDY TAN ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->She is Singaporean. He is French, and aristocratic too. But she found that out only later, after a year of dating.
So Ms Judy Tan was somewhat prepared when a prenuptial agreement, or a 'prenup', was broached to her by his mother.
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>Not about wealth

'His mother explained that it was to ensure that the family heritage and history was passed on. She too signed one when she married my father-in-law. When my daughter gets married, I would probably get her to sign one too.'
MS JUDY TAN, on how her mother-in-law explained the reason behind the prenuptial agreement

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The 31-year-old branding manager and Frenchman Matthias de Ferrieres de Sauveboeuf, also 31, met at a party in Singapore in 2002 and fell in love.
A business strategist for an insurance company, he has lived and worked here for the past eight years.
While dating, Ms Tan, who grew up in a three-room HDB flat, learnt that he is a lord and his family home is a historical castle-turned- private museum in Angers, France.
When it came to their marriage, her future mother-in-law asked if she would sign a prenuptial agreement with him.
'I was expecting it. It's not a big deal if you understand the principle behind it,' Ms Tan said.
The prenuptial matter was nicely explained to her.
'If his parents had made it seem as though I was out to get the family wealth, I might have objected. We're both working and can earn our own upkeep,' she said.
She signed the 20-page legal papers drafted by French lawyers one week before their wedding in France in July 2006.
'His mother explained that it was to ensure that the family heritage and history was passed on. She too signed one when she married my father-in-law,' she said.
'When my daughter gets married, I would probably get her to sign one too.'
The couple and their three-month-old daughter, Sybelle, now live in a Joo Chiat condominium apartment.
Under the prenuptial agreement, only assets that the couple accumulated together during their marriage would be divided in the case of a divorce.
Assets and liabilities from the de Ferrieres de Sauveboeuf or Tan families would not be factored in.
'Their family owned the properties for several generations. Coming from a different nationality, I will make no claim to a French historical monument, so the terms make no difference to our marriage,' said Ms Tan.
The issue of prenuptial agreements was raised in a 30-page Court of Appeal judgment passed last Monday.
In its decision, Singapore's highest court said contracts made before marriage regarding a couple's assets, maintenance and the custody and care of children will be considered by the courts in a divorce but not automatically upheld.
The decision arose from a divorce between a Dutch man and a Swedish woman who had lived here for the past 12 years. The couple had signed such an agreement, prepared by a notary, before they got married in 1991 in the Netherlands.
When they filed for divorce in Singapore in March 2004, both contested the prenuptial pact.
With the landmark ruling, family lawyers The Sunday Times spoke to said they expected more Singaporeans to sign prenuptial pacts.
Previously, foreigners made up the bulk of such clients, as most Singaporeans were sceptical about the legality of such documents.
In Singapore, divorces are governed by the Women's Charter, which seeks to protect the more vulnerable party in a split.
But there have been more inquiries about prenuptial pacts in the past three to five years, said lawyers, which they attribute to greater awareness, growing affluence and more late marriages here.
Few have followed through on their inquiries.
'With the court's clarification, couples are now better prepared for what they are getting into when they sign a prenup,' said Mr Gopinath Pillai, head of the criminal and family law practice group of Tan Peng Chin LLC.
He drafts about two such contracts a year. Since the court's decision last week, he has received about 10 calls from interested clients.
He said the clients are often either well-off or have been through a previous divorce.
He sees an equal number of male and female clients. Most of the women are Singaporeans who married foreigners and are migrating. They want assurance that they will be protected as they are unfamiliar with foreign laws.
His strangest request? There was a couple that wanted a pact in which each time they acquired a new asset, they would determine its value and the share each party gets in the event of a divorce.
'It seems to go against the marriage ideal of sharing everything you have with each other,' said Mr Pillai.
Ms Foo Siew Fong, head of the matrimonial department at Harry Elias Partnership, agreed with this view.
She said she frequently advises clients to reconsider their decision to draft the contract and to broach the topic gently with their future spouses if they choose to go ahead.
Ms Foo, who drafted four pre- nuptial agreements last year, said: 'It may sour the marriage even before it has begun. In some cases, it can be a self-fufilling prophecy as one party may feel that the marriage does not start on a platform of trust.'
One bride-to-be, private tutor Joanne Lim, 28, said that she thought such contracts made practical sense.
Though she and her future husband will not be signing a prenuptial pact before their wedding in July, she said: 'You could also look at it as an act of love. It's proof that you're not marrying your spouse just for the money.'
[email protected] Would you and your spouse sign a prenuptial agreement? Send your views to [email protected]

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... 'It seems to go against the marriage ideal of sharing everything you have with each other,' said Mr Pillai.
Ms Foo, who drafted four pre- nuptial agreements last year, said: 'It may sour the marriage even before it has begun. In some cases, it can be a self-fufilling prophecy as one party may feel that the marriage does not start on a platform of trust.'

watz wrong wif dat? ... share wat u hv wen u r 2gether ... not wen u separate ...

u wun noe watz in ze other person's mind ... sum ppl hv scheming, ulterior motifs ... dun believe? ask dose ah peks who lost moni to prc mei-mei ...

wen true color reveals ... tings turn ugly ... ppl turn nasty ... horns wil appear ... u tok abt trust? ...

n women's charter is biased 2wards women ... n men find half their 4tune gone! ...

Last edited:

glock

Alfrescian
Loyal
this news story very interesting

reporter come ask interview you you can say no right?

so what for want to tell people "hello i have prenup you know"?????

ever anyone wants to tell everyone "my husband dont trust me i want his money only"???? also dont need to advertise right??

so what for give interview? is the interview to tell people she have prenup or is the interview to tell everyone she have LORD for husband????

fucking singapore girl all the same kind of fuck

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Singaporean male sign a pre nup agreement with another singke ladies ? i don think so right ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pre nup is not applicable under sinkee law right? If both parties are sinkees. Remember some of you guys said that. Anyway look at this sinkee whore so willing to sign this pre nup now if she had married a sinkee man and he told her to do the same would she have complied? I think she would have bitched he did not love her. This whore must have been proud to marry a lord. Good for her bad for him

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can Singaporean male sign a pre nup agreement with another singke ladies ? i don think so right ?

french law different from sinkies law.

so you can sign pre nup with sinkies ladies if you register to marry in France.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes woman charter forbid it. But SIngapore's woman charter do not have enough power to challenge the French COURT !

glock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pre nup is not applicable under sinkee law right? If both parties are sinkees. Remember some of you guys said that. Anyway look at this sinkee whore so willing to sign this pre nup now if she had married a sinkee man and he told her to do the same would she have complied? I think she would have bitched he did not love her. This whore must have been proud to marry a lord. Good for her bad for him

if sinkee man ask her to sign prenup she will kow beh kow bu until he cannot take it and apologize on his hand and knees "darling pls marry me i am so sorry i so stupid"

this whore so happy she marrying a LORD she decide she dont even need the money! "I marry LORD , I win already , dont need any more!!!!"

she happy as fuck

she marry ang moh , she can look down on all the other sinkee whores never manage to catch angmoh to marry and have to settle for sinkee man

she marry a ang moh LORD , she can look down on all the other sinkee whores who only have a low class ang moh cock to suck while she can suck a LORD cock

she win already!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if sinkee man ask her to sign prenup she will kow beh kow bu until he cannot take it and apologize on his hand and knees "darling pls marry me i am so sorry i so stupid"

this whore so happy she marrying a LORD she decide she dont even need the money! "I marry LORD , I win already , dont need any more!!!!"

she happy as fuck

she marry ang moh , she can look down on all the other sinkee whores never manage to catch angmoh to marry and have to settle for sinkee man

she marry a ang moh LORD , she can look down on all the other sinkee whores who only have a low class ang moh cock to suck while she can suck a LORD cock

she win already!

That's right. What u wrote here is so right and that's quite a stupid mentality this whore has.

Where got sinkee whore soo happy as fuck to sign pre nup stating cannot get his frenchy aristocrap!!! assets??

I guess it's not easy to get a lord. Knn what kind of lord is this?? Dun aristocraptic ppl want to keep their bloodline pure? Now got chinese in their blood and sinkee one at that!!! U still think his blood line pure or not? I think maybe he marry or have another child with any french blue blood gal as to have a "pure" french aristocrap bloodline. :biggrin:

If it was a china lady i think she would have been pissed.

This shows again the double standards with sinkee whores.

Anyway she also "earn" even if she sign pre nup can get butt slammed by blue blood and have blue blood kids. Good for her, bad for him. :biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this news story very interesting

reporter come ask interview you you can say no right?

so what for want to tell people "hello i have prenup you know"?????

ever anyone wants to tell everyone "my husband dont trust me i want his money only"???? also dont need to advertise right??

so what for give interview? is the interview to tell people she have prenup or is the interview to tell everyone she have LORD for husband????

fucking singapore girl all the same kind of fuck

Recall Some Tan Yong Sux perm sec cum part-time cook boasting his wife is some investment counsellor and his son from Ivy Leg uni?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually look from the angle of the husband. She signs the pre nup he dun have to worry half his family assets go to her. What does this mean? He has other plans in future. :biggrin:

I think maybe 4-5 yrs down the rd it's going to be a divorce then he marry another blue blood french gal and keep his blood line pure.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can have a pre nup agreement, nothing stopping you. but it may not be honored by the court of law in SG. This was the warning that was issued last week.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was her future mother-in-law that approached her to sign off the pre nup. I'm certain the lord's good mother made it very clear to the Chinese SPG that under no circumstances is this wedding going to happen until she signs off on the dotted line.

Ms Tan had only 2 options: Sign the pre nup and marry a wealthy amgmoh lord or remain in her 3 room HDB flat with her parents and settle for a Singaporean Ah Beng.

I think given the choices its quite easy for her to arrive at the decision which wouldn't have taken more than a split second.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was a china lady i think she would have been pissed.

Yes like Ms Tan the PRC lady would have been pissed.

But you have to remember its not a Singaporean Chinese male the PRC is dealing with but a Frenchman with royal descent. You can easily fool the gullible Singaporean Chinese male but it does not work the same with other nationalities. I'm sure the China lady is cognizant of that, assessed her situation and would have signed the pre nup given the lack of viable options.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid Singaporean girl ! Just being a cheap fuck-hole !

May as well be a fillipino maid !

It's news like these that brought shame to pheasants of Singapore.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes like Ms Tan the PRC lady would have been pissed.

But you have to remember its not a Singaporean Chinese male the PRC is dealing with but a Frenchman with royal descent. You can easily fool the gullible Singaporean Chinese male but it does not work the same with other nationalities. I'm sure the China lady is cognizant of that, assessed her situation and would have signed the pre nup given the lack of viable options.

eh keling who's talking fooling anyone here?????

I was talking in reference to what her feelings were like to the press.

Keling quit mentioning chinese this and that. Keling scum like you begging to go for prc and even having to pay more and get cheated and not only that borrow money from friends somemore, chinese friends of course since when are kelings generous??:biggrin:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The couple and their three-month-old daughter, Sybelle, now live in a Joo Chiat condominium apartment.

Since their legal residence is in SG, the prenup signed in France can always be legally challenged as "Invalid, Null and Void" by the SPG's lawyer in SG court in the event of divorce. SG court can always freeze and redistribute the assets of the Ang Mo husband that are located in SG, but not in France. Assets located elsewhere can always be ordered by the SG court to transfer half to the SPG if he wants to keep his SG PR, or face losing his PR plus serving jail time to be followed by deportation.

If I were the Ang Mo husband, I wouldn't want to keep any substantial assets under my name in SG like private properties, luxury cars, luxury yachts, private jets, luxury watches & jewelries, and large bank and brokerage account balances, since the Women's Charter doesn't recognize prenup.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read between the lines, the French family were taking pre-emptive action against the SPG gold digging. However, the SPG choose to swallow the blue pill since ang mo always tua kee.