• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 150,000 Singapore workers have had their pay cut by 25% since mid-March

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
150,000 Singapore workers have had their pay cut by 25% since mid-March - ---- safe to multiply it by x2 or x3 times to get the actual numbers.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's probably another 300,000 more who got cut by anywhere from 5% - 24%. Anecdotally I hear of many companies instituting 5% - 15% cuts from top to junior management levels. There are also a lot of other initiatives undertaken by companies that result in reduction in take home pay although they may not officially be classified as pay cuts. These include reduction in OT opportunities, removal of various allowances, removal of reimbursement of certain items that can usually be expensed as part of work.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
150 000 paycut up to 25% also interprtete as 150 000 sinkie cannot receive $500 relief fund and $2400($800 x 3) relief fund.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think should be much more then 150,000 people getting pay cut since February.
Many of my friends are affected.
This joker MOM minister how to believe her?

Especially during April and May companies not operation.
Where they get the cash to fund manpower costs?

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think should be much more then 150,000 people getting pay cut since February.
Many of my friends are affected.
This joker MOM minister how to believe her?

Especially during April and May companies not operation.
Where they get the cash to fund manpower costs?
May I know what industry your friends are in?