• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

13 tyres on 9 vehicles punctured in one day

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20101023.011058_taxi_punctured.jpg

SOMEONE went around puncturing tyres in Telok Blangah yesterday.

At least 13 tyres belonging to nine vehicles - including a taxi - were hit.

The worst hit was a Comfort taxi, which had three of its tyres punctured.

The driver, Mr Chye Ah Choi, 60, told The New Paper he had parked his taxi for less than 10 minutes to grab a bite at a nearby coffee shop.

He said: "I came back to my taxi at about 3.10pm and was shocked to find three of my tyres punctured.

"I just happened to stop here for a meal after dropping a passenger off. It's just so unlucky."

Mr Chye, who has been a taxi driver for more than 20 years, added: "It was about time for me to change shifts, so I lost only about $50 in earnings.

"But I told my partner that he would have to take the night off as the car is at the workshop."

Another victim, Ms Yvonne Yoong, 26, a purchaser, had two of her car tyres punctured.

She said: "My Mazda 2 is less than two years old and I happened to come home early from work because I wasn't feeling well."

Her boyfriend, Mr Henry Lee, 29, who is self-employed, said that a neighbour had informed them of the incident.

taximan.jpg

Said Ms Yoong: "It's one thing to puncture one tyre, but it's very frustrating that it's two tyres.

"We have only one spare tyre so we can't even drive to the workshop."

The couple managed to borrow a spare tyre from Mr Lee's brother, who lives a few blocks away.

Mr Lee said: "Because the tyres are high-performance tyres, a workshop mechanic who was changing tyres for one of the other victims told me it will cost about $200 each to replace."

The vehicles hit were in two carparks - one next to Block 8 at Telok Blangah Crescent, and the other next to Block 7.

The culprit punctured the tyres of six vehicles in the first carpark, and three vehicles in the second carpark.

When The New Paper arrived at the scene at 3.45pm yesterday, more than 50 residents had gathered, and the police had been called in.

uncle.jpg

Witnesses said that the culprit lives in the estate.

They claimed he is mentally unsound and is in his 50s.

Mr See Chuan Lam, 55, who does odd jobs, claimed he saw the man puncture the tyres.

He said: "The man punctured the tyres of a lorry, a minivan and a black car at about 7am in the morning.

"When I was having lunch at a nearby coffee shop at 2.45pm, I saw the man again and told my friend that he was the culprit.

"Then we saw him puncture the tyres of more cars in the carpark with a sharp, white object of about a foot (33cm) long before running to the opposite carpark."

He claimed that he saw the man puncture more car tyres before running up the staircase of a nearby block of flats.

"Other witnesses who saw him run off said he lives in a fourth-floor unit of a nearby block, and is mentally unsound,"added Mr See.

"I didn't shout at him to stop or approach him because I was afraid he might turn around and attack me."

When The New Paper visited the unit, we heard a man talking loudly.

But when we knocked on the door, no one responded and the flat suddenly became quiet.

Neighbours we spoke to said that the man lives alone.

A resident who lives two doors away said she finds him "scary".

"He often disturbs neighbours by screaming, shouting and throwing things, both during the day and at night.

"Sometimes, he sleeps on the floor outside his door," said the resident, who's in her 70s and who wanted to be known only as Mrs Yap.

Police has classified the case as one of mischief. Those found guilty can be jailed up to one year, fined, or both. If the loss or damage amounts to $500 and above, the person can be jailed up to two years, fined, or both.

By 7pm yesterday, some of the victims were still unaware of the incident.

Letters urging them to get in touch with the police were left on their vehicle windscreens.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<<"Other witnesses who saw him run off said he lives in a fourth-floor unit of a nearby block, and is mentally unsound,"added Mr See............

Police has classified the case as one of mischief. Those found guilty can be jailed up to one year, fined, or both.>>>>>

KNN, how can the police classify it as "one of mischief" it should be "VANDALISM" like Michael Frey, the Americian boy. Can him for 6 strokes of the rotten and see whether he is really "mentally unsound".....if after the 3rd cane, he can still laugh, then it is likely he is mentally unsound.

After the 6 can he still laugh then it is confirmed he is mentally insane. Send him to the Woodbridge and get screw by those more mentally insane to "sane" him up, period.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, how can the police classify it as "one of mischief" it should be "VANDALISM" like Michael Frey, the Americian boy. Can him for 6 strokes of the rotten and see whether he is really "mentally unsound".....if after the 3rd cane, he can still laugh, then it is likely he is mentally unsound.

Think vandalism requires paint. Something we inherited from England.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
exSINgaporean: Mischief is correct classification for this case. If the damaged vehicles were QXs, meaning police cars, then no longer mischief but vandalism. If SPF 1 involved (CP's car), also vandalism. But accused can always argue who the hell knows what SPF 1 stands for. May be downgraded to a mischief charge then. Mischief or vandalism usually depends on ownership. If govt properties, vandalism. Others, mischief.

cass888: The paint, if washable, won't be vandalism but mischief. The paint must be permanent, meaning you cant wash it off. That was what happened to Michael Fay and his buddies.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TemaseX: My hunch is that the culprit mistook the Ministers and MPs for cars or vice versa. No significant difference really. Auto is the way to go.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Lee said: "Because the tyres are high-performance tyres, a workshop mechanic who was changing tyres for one of the other victims told me it will cost about $200 each to replace."

what a joke. he kena chop also still don't know. Mazda 2 with performance tires @ $200 each?? i seriously doubt his gf's Mazda 2 is running on 16" ad08s or RE050s, which cost around 200ish each.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
He needs to be assessed by a psychiatrist to see if long term rehab and medication is necessary

There are many people like that around. As a society we need to be more compassionate while keeping in mind the well being of gen pop

Looks like Buangkok grounds must be expanded to take in the rising numbers

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
exSINgaporean: Mischief is correct classification for this case. If the damaged vehicles were QXs, meaning police cars, then no longer mischief but vandalism. If SPF 1 involved (CP's car), also vandalism. But accused can always argue who the hell knows what SPF 1 stands for. May be downgraded to a mischief charge then. Mischief or vandalism usually depends on ownership. If govt properties, vandalism. Others, mischief.

cass888: The paint, if washable, won't be vandalism but mischief. The paint must be permanent, meaning you cant wash it off. That was what happened to Michael Fay and his buddies.

You know, as an ex-KTV operator, your knowledge of the law is impressive. Solid!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fay vandalism charge was not for the cars but for damage to pubic property such as road signs. Nothing to do with washable or permanent paint. Fay also faced mischief charges for cars.

<<<"Other witnesses who saw him run off said he lives in a fourth-floor unit of a nearby block, and is mentally unsound,"added Mr See............

Police has classified the case as one of mischief. Those found guilty can be jailed up to one year, fined, or both.>>>>>

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fay vandalism charge was not for the cars but for damage to pubic property such as road signs. Nothing to do with washable or permanent paint. Fay also faced mischief charges for cars.

Scroobal: The issue in court was over whether the paint jobs on the cars were washable or permanent. Wrt to road signs, not too sure if they were classified as mischief or theft charges. Amarjeet Singh's vehicle was one of those affected.

The late Palakrishnan defended Fay and if I recall correctly, it was the paint issue. Maybe others can assist in verifying.

This case happenend during Tee Tua Bah's time as CP. At least 5 police officers were made scapegoats, including an overseas scholar.