• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$12 Wanton Noodle Meal

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! It's the June holidays. Brought the family and some relatives overseas for holiday. And thanks to the SG50 $500 bonus for civil servants, some of my wife's relatives decided to treat us all to free entry to amusement parks and tourist attractions. My kids and wife were thanking PAP as they screamed on the roller-coaster rides. I was thanking PAP for free entry to some of the best art museums I ever visited. The wife and kids didn't appreciate art like I do.

$12 for a restaurant meal is reasonable in Singapore. If you cannot afford the prices, then stick to eating at coffee shops. You can even eat at the bus captains' canteen at the bus interchange if you really want to save more money. We are a First World country. So, expect to pay First World prices for good food.

Scare me ...tot u floating at jurong lake.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An Ippudo ramen in Tokyo cost about 750 Japanese Yen, which works out to be around $8.00 ( including free green tea ) Having that in Singapore’s Mandarin Gallery would set you back double or even more :wink: .

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like Malaysian style prawn noodle soup!

kuro ramen has blackish oil from roasted garlic floating in the soup base, unlike malaysian prawn noodle soup which has rich reddish bisque-like soup base. i love both as both are ultra rich and unique in flavor, unlike plain old clear wanton soup.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive

Meals in Singapore are a major fucking ripoff.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
not so much with $1 curry puff from minah selling at the void deck. :p

Those puffs are prepared under unhygienic conditions. Why not eat $1.50 old chang kee puffs? They are quite delicious and it is a local company. Support sinkie company!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those puffs are prepared under unhygienic conditions. Why not eat $1.50 old chang kee puffs? They are quite delicious and it is a local company. Support sinkie company!!

agree. for 50 cents more, it's tummy-friendly and hardly considered a rip-off. a rip-off will be a meal that causes one to flush the gi tract on several runs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agree. for 50 cents more, it's tummy-friendly and hardly considered a rip-off. a rip-off will be a meal that causes one to flush the gi tract on several runs.

Special ingredient in Old Junky curry puff. :biggrin:

ock.jpg

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sin...ne-puff-reveals-nasty-surprise-234710682.html

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive

Lucky it was rounded at $12.20 and not $12.25! The restaurant is so "fair"!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
no surprise

even roti prata kosong is around $10!!!

everything is going up and if you don't want to eat out

just buy from the supermarket and do your own thing

much cheaper

no need to comprain

the rentals up and up, the car park up and up, everything up and up

our ordinary yongtaufu up and up......upmarket yongtaufu run by yummies are now around $10

the young professional hawkers and owners are upping everything - taking over from their parents and grandparents

teochew porridge - easily $10!!!!!!!!!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
check out my $16 thai green curry chicken meal

Hey nigger, I saw a packet of tissue paper at top right hand corner and a can of 100Plus left hand corner, these two included in the $16 not? Dhey, they don't charge GST and Service Charge?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey nigger, I saw a packet of tissue paper at top right hand corner and a can of 100Plus left hand corner, these two included in the $16 not? Dhey, they don't charge GST and Service Charge?

No la. Wah piang that's a food court. Tissue and drinks sold at seperate stall. 4.20 for 1 100 plus SG50 design and 1 hot kopi.