• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1 in 6 is a millionaire.

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
But why people still try to kill themselves?

Singapore has the world's highest percentage of millionaires, with one out of every six households having at least one million US dollars in disposable wealth. This excludes property, businesses, and luxury goods, which if included would further increase the number of millionaires, especially as property in Singapore is among the world's most expensive.[90] Despite its relative economic success, Singapore does not have a minimum wage, believing that it would lower its competitiveness. It also has one of the highest income inequality levels among developed countries, coming in just behind Hong Kong and in front of the United States.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Singapore has the world's highest percentage of millionaires, with one out of every six households having at least one million US dollars in disposable wealth ...
how many of dem stay in hdb flats? ...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But why people still try to kill themselves?

Singapore has the world's highest percentage of millionaires, with one out of every six households having at least one million US dollars in disposable wealth. This excludes property, businesses, and luxury goods, which if included would further increase the number of millionaires, especially as property in Singapore is among the world's most expensive.

With a population of 5.3 million where 2.3 million of them are foreigners, this is not surprising. Most of the millionaires are foreigners. That's why the property market has been in a bubble for years. Cut off the inflow of foreigners and everything blows up.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
With a population of 5.3 million where 2.3 million of them are foreigners, this is not surprising. Most of the millionaires are foreigners. That's why the property market has been in a bubble for years. Cut off the inflow of foreigners and everything blows up.
I seriously doubt the accuracy of this figure. If exclude properties most households don't have more than usd 1 mil sitting in stocks and cash.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
In terms of sperm count? Where are our guys?
Sperm_Emoticon_by_Fishstix1011.gif

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are asset rich but cash poor.

When 40 percent of the population are foreigners, most of the 16 percent of population who are millionaires are most likely to come from the 40 percent.

How can there be so many sinkee millionaires when the median take-home pay is $1700?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When 40 percent of the population are foreigners, most of the 16 percent of population who are millionaires are most likely to come from the 40 percent.

How can there be so many sinkee millionaires when the median take-home pay is $1700?

last checked, miss lau kway bu who lives in block 69, bedok and rents out 2 rooms is worth a million. her hdb flat is fully paid, has a market value of 696k. her savings in the bank are around 96k. cpf, not withdrawn yet, is about 69k. her pimping and loanshark business is worth 138k. her street code number is 5354. her rental income is 699 per room. 2 rooms bring in 1398 per month. minus late rents in some months. :eek: :biggrin: :p

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please. A piece of property will be a liability for its owner till the day you move out of it and rent it to another person for sufficient amount of money which will cover the expenses of upkeeping it or you sell it on to the next person. For many younger Singaporeans, this will be a very long time - they are not buying the flat for renting out their rooms but to build a home.

Saying we should feel happy because of the albatross hanging around our neck? Its like Zorro Lim saying "I feel rich when I look at my CPF statement"...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please. A piece of property will be a liability for its owner till the day.....
Saying we should feel happy because of the albatross hanging around our neck? Its like Zorro Lim saying "I feel rich when I look at my CPF statement"...

that was meant to explain the meaning of "asset rich cash poor".