• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1/2TB (512GB) micro SD card coming, and ebay tell crap @US$21 my balls

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sea.pcmag.com/news/19237/worlds-first-512gb-microsdxc-card-launches-february

World's First 512GB MicroSDXC Card Launches February
By Matthew Humphries Jan. 23, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Integral will be the first to market with this huge Class 10 card.
worlds-first-512gb-microsdxc-card-launches-february_6qbr.640.jpg

Memory cards continue to play an important and essential role alongside the gadgets we buy. Budget laptops need them to expand storage beyond the paltry 32GB and 64GB eMMC drives, digital cameras rely on them for storage, and even Nintendo's Switch hybrid console can't function for long without one.

Until now, the biggest available microSDXC card was a 400GB card from SanDisk, but 200/256GB is the much more common upper limit on storage. However, that all changes next month as Integral is set to launch the world's first 512GB card.

The Integral 512GB microSDXC V10 UHS-I U1 card meets the Video Speed Class 10 (V10) standard and can achieve up to 80MB/s read speeds for the 512GB card (90MB/s for the smaller Integral cards in the range), with the write speed not stated other than to say it will be lower. Included with card is a microSD card adapter, a protective case, and a five year warranty.

There's no word on pricing yet, but don't expect it to be cheap. SanDisk's 400GB card costs around $250, so Integral's card will likely cost significantly more than that. With the speed on offer and 512GB of storage, it should be the only card you ever need, especially if you are looking for a big card to stick inside a Switch or laptop.

The MicroSDXC format will support cards up to 2TB in size, but it's going to take a while to get there. I'd like to think the next storage bump will take us to 1TB, but 750GB cards may appear before that happens.

https://www.ebay.com/b/512GB-Cell-Phone-Memory-Cards/96991/bn_72909000

Sort::
View::
1-48 of 72 Results
Guaranteed 3 day delivery

scoldballs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Estimation at about S$500 per piece but +/- a big range depending on speed. The super fast ones can be double priced.

To have so much data on a tiny microSD card is very dangerous. Especially if you plug it out from your camera / phone, that spring loaded card slot can POP it out and fly to other planet and can NEVER BE FOUND!

It had happened to at least 2 of mine already, with Action Camera, in out-door environment. It is black color and so tiny. Even inside my own car, my dash camera microSD, also popped off and lost. I found it months later, no, I did not find it, I sent car for repair and the repair guy accidentally found it inside some shithole tiny gap. KNN!

512GB data is too much to lost, and $500 price tag, WTF! Bang Balls if lost.