• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

马英九:Abolishing NSF into ROC history by 2016

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except of 4 months of BMT, no more NSF for Taiwanese. But reservist system for training will be there. So after 4 month of BMT - which you can chose the time frame (e.g. during university vacations), you then become a reservist until discharged by age. 马英九 ensured that this change can not be reversed even by political change of government by next presidential election at 2012.

This is a phase by phase change starting now and be fully in place by year 2016 which is 民国104年.

This is a change without touching the constitution.

The system actually means the regular forces will be the main force and not the NS forces because NS are all reservists.

:wink::rolleyes::cool:

I support this system. But I have way better ideas. I will at a suitable time publish it in my Manifesto Blog.

:wink:

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090309/4/1fp84.html

受訓4月104年起免當兵

<label> </label> 更新日期:<q>2009/03/09 03:03</q> 吳明杰/台北報導
為落實馬英九總統政見,縮減兵源,軍方已確定在不修憲的前提下,規畫役男將從民國一○四年開始,受訓四個月後直接編列「後備役」;役男將不需抽籤直接依專長分發後備軍種單位,並可選擇入訓時間,而在此之前的一年義務役役期也確定不會再縮短。

馬總統在選舉時曾提出役男不當兵、只需受訓三個月的政見,但經國防部評估,三個月時間過短無法完成專長訓練,因此建議增加一個月受訓時間,而這項調整日前經國防部長陳肇敏向馬總統面報後,馬總統已首允同意。

據了解,為配合全募兵制而規畫的義務役役期相關修正做法,國防部要求一切依法行事,因此希望最晚在今年底以前能通過所有相關法令修正。不過綠營人士質疑,只要法令一通過,就算二○一二年總統大選換黨執政,這項政策如有問題也不可能再回頭,馬政府等於把全募兵制「做死」。

至於役男改成只受訓、不當兵的政策是否違憲,軍方認為,由於憲法只規定人民有服兵役的義務,並未指明哪種兵役制度,經軍法專家研究,過去服役義務是指「常備役」,未來雖不用當兵,但受訓後還是編入「後備役」,因此還是符合憲法精神,所以不需大費周章再修憲。此外,為避免受訓耽誤大專畢業役男投入職場時間,未來大專以上程度役男也可選擇入訓時間,包括學測後入學前、大學寒暑假和畢業後。但據軍方民調顯示,大專、大學役男多數希望在畢業後再一次接受四個月軍事訓練,至於選擇寒暑假受訓者,則可分兩階段接受模組化訓練。

據軍方規畫,民國一○三年的徵募比例將調整為一比九,屆時將徵召最後一批役期一年的義務役男約一萬八千人,這批役男在年底退伍後,國軍的義務役兵役制度將走入歷史,並在一○四年正式推動全募兵制。

軍方認為,如果目前一年役期再縮短,軍中將會出現一堆未接受完整訓練的「無用兵力」,不啻是國防資源浪費,因此一年役期已經是底線,將會維持到一○三年,並在隔年一次到位,直接改為四個月軍事訓練,役男受完訓以不需下部隊再當兵,直接退伍成為後備兵,只有教召時才需再接受軍事訓練。