• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

浪子心聲 by Kit Chan

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kit Chan's version of 浪子心聲. Classic song for the old dudes in here

[video=youtube;YEhNGJzNmUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YEhNGJzNmUw#![/video]

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her singing is crap, and i was never impressed with her anyway,,I wonder who are her supporters? Singapore really lacks talent if Kit chan is considered a 'good' singer and actress.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Kit Chan's version of 浪子心聲. Classic song for the old dudes in here

Char_Azn, not nice at all unfortunately.
Nobody can beat Sam Hui's original version and this version certainly falls far short.

Although I rather like Kit Chan, much more than Stephanie Sun.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char_Azn, not nice at all unfortunately.
Nobody can beat Sam Hui's original version and this version certainly falls far short.

Although I rather like Kit Chan, much more than Stephanie Sun.

U guys and me got generation gap lah. I like the jazzy tone of Kit's version, modernize the song. Sam Hui's version too old fashion-ish for me although I like some of his other songs.

jw5

Loyal
Her singing is crap, and i was never impressed with her anyway,,I wonder who are her supporters? Singapore really lacks talent if Kit chan is considered a 'good' singer and actress.

Bro, her early mandarin songs are quite easy to listen to, her "Heartache" album was quite good in my opinion.

But then again, u don't like mandarin songs, hahaha........................

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, her early mandarin songs are quite easy to listen to, her "Heartache" album was quite good in my opinion.

But then again, u don't like mandarin songs, hahaha........................

The song which cast her into stardom in Taiwan - 心痛
[video=youtube;oIJbpv2mWf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIJbpv2mWf4[/video]

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The song which cast her into stardom in Taiwan - 心痛

She also have a few cantonese songs coz she went to Hong Kong and she is cantonese herself
This one should be familiar
[video=youtube;RSQpu_K7c6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQpu_K7c6s&feature=related[/video]

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Listening to Anita, Leslie or Danny always make me sad. :(

I probably shouldn't tell U she remade this song as well. For the record I like Leslie's version better
[video=youtube;mkRr8WjmpSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkRr8WjmpSE&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I probably shouldn't tell U she remade this song as well. For the record I like Leslie's version better

Leslie's version is better, but her version isn't too bad either. Actually listened to the whole song. The Sam Hui song stopped halfway.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing but somehow the lyrics are meant to be more profound and humane and doing bossa nova to it immediately renders this version to lacking in sincerity in all the areas.

Cantonese pronunciation also off when compared to the Sam Hui version, words too lightly pronounced, some words too heavy, very obvious at the start, probbaly she wants to put her jazz vocal phrasing in but it doesn't work well and she mangles the first few lines quite badly.

There's no lack of cover songs to be placed to smooth jazzy tempo music, chose with more sensibility, this fails in all counts, even in artistic rebellious.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt Kit Chan is talented. The original song is about resignation to the vagaries of life, while lighthearted in it there is a tinge of sadness. It is a worldly kind of bo chup, but nevertheless clear-minded about things.

The Kit Chan rendition really cmi. Too frivolous. Too naive. Part of the deeper meaning not expressed. I think maybe the rhythm not suitable.