• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

安邦酿豆腐 chased customer when boy eats chicken rice from next-door

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a idiotic family. If I were to pull that stunt with my parents, I would be whipped. We are a family of "everyone eats whatever we are eating".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree with you.
KNN, this LJ Kia had too much education and with some achievements in his career, decides to swing his Tua LP. Notice his style of writing is somewhat purposely aligned to his inner ego by throwing seemingly cheem terms irrelevant to his complain like "10 key attributes of the business excellence framework", "Customer-centric excellence" & " Business Times on my Desk" etc.... Using one's backside to think also can tell he wants to let people know he is some big shot in business world and whatever he says is justified no matter what.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what is interesting about this story is that we have taken for granted how well we have raised our own kids. I am sure most of us have never ever encountered a situation where our kids insisted to have something from a neighbouring shop. It tells us that at such a young age, they know what is right.

Occasionally I have come across spoil brats refusing to eat and throwing tantrums in a restaurant but it usually rare.

I recall a conference in Johannesburg and one of attendees badly wanted to try KFC as she came from an African country that did not have KFC. As the informal dinner was held at a restaurant next to a KFC, one of the delegates spoke to the restaurant staff and they graciously provided her a plate while another delegate went and got her some to try. Now thats class and good uprbringing.

Z

Zombie

I recall a conference in Johannesburg and one of attendees badly wanted to try KFC as she came from an African country that did not have KFC. As the informal dinner was held at a restaurant next to a KFC, one of the delegates spoke to the restaurant staff and they graciously provided her a plate while another delegate went and got her some to try. Now thats class and good uprbringing.

certain places sell dining experience..
certain places sell only food, like 安邦酿豆腐..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so uptight about keeping to rules, etc?

Say the family spend $50 eating yong tau foo, seriously what is the issue if a child wants to eat something different??? It's not as if the bunch tah-pao all kinds of food there and only one of the members spend $10 at the YTF shop.

The worries that once an exception is made everyone follows suit - this argument is purely academic. The particular situation is an exception. I eat at the Thai restaurant at Siglap, and i buy HK milk tea from next door - the shop has no issue about this.

Agree the right thing to do is to ask the shop before proceeding.

If you are not going to keep to rules, why have rules in the 1st place? It's like redundant.

Again you have to see for your example who is manning the thai restaurant. There are some who will bend over for money while there are some who will not bend over for keeping to their principles.

If people have their principles in running their business, you either eat and respect their principles in running their business or you don't eat.

Now its like eating and drinking in a mrt. Just tell the warden you are sipping water from water bottle, if the warden allows you to drink, and wants to catch the other offender which is a student. The student can just tell you, why let that offender off and cannot let him off? Rules are there for a reason. If not going to keep to it, don't set them in the 1st place.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what is interesting about this story is that we have taken for granted how well we have raised our own kids. I am sure most of us have never ever encountered a situation where our kids insisted to have something from a neighbouring shop. It tells us that at such a young age, they know what is right.

Occasionally I have come across spoil brats refusing to eat and throwing tantrums in a restaurant but it usually rare.

Guess what that parent will teach his kid?

You are not wrong to eat chicken rice. If you are hungry, you must eat. If they stop you from eating, they are at fault, if they do not allow you further, complain to the media. Bring down their business and see who is king.

That is the wrong message we are seeing.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Businesses these days are Kiasu Bastard Selfish Disgraceful and ARROGANT. In the good old days of villages in Singapore we would had beaten up the bastard with the whole village people standing around to scold at the shop. To society and education produce only Kiasu Bastards today. This thread is full of examples of such crap products of this rotten education. Pui!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talk is easy but this is not practical if the child is young, bring the child for his meal later? What kind of parent are you? You expect the child to starve while waiting for you to eat?

Then bring the child to eat first and the parents wait. Simple!!

:o

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=225+East+Coast+Road+Singapore&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=225+E+Coast+Rd,+Singapore+428922&amp;ll=1.30759,103.907213&amp;spn=0.015724,0.006641&amp;z=14&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=1.307587,103.907238&amp;panoid=Woh45CJXD7IeqAJKZ-Er7w&amp;cbp=12,293.51,,2,8.91&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=225+East+Coast+Road+Singapore&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=225+E+Coast+Rd,+Singapore+428922&amp;ll=1.30759,103.907213&amp;spn=0.015724,0.006641&amp;z=14&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=1.307587,103.907238&amp;panoid=Woh45CJXD7IeqAJKZ-Er7w&amp;cbp=12,293.51,,2,8.91" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=Woh45CJXD7IeqAJKZ-Er7w&cbp=12,293.51,,2,8.91

拒绝调上“人情味” 的酿豆腐专卖店

The problem started when my younger boy decided he preferred chicken rice.

While I sat down in this simple, no-fuss shop with my older boy waiting for our order to be served, my younger son came in with his packed chicken rice which he bought from the coffee shop a couple of units away. He did not want to eat alone. Mindful of the feeling of most food sellers but not wanting to reject my son’s desire to be with us, I told him to eat in such a way that the table would not be dirtied. He began eating sheepishly.

She did what she did deliberately to pick a fight....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame shop owner too strict and customer too fussy.
If customer want to eat different food as in this case. She can always tell his children 12 year old to eat the same meal. Why want to have so much trouble eating different food from other shop. Either ask his son to eat alone at the shop or she can eat chicken rice with his children.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Blame shop owner too strict and customer too fussy.
If customer want to eat different food as in this case. She can always tell his children 12 year old to eat the same meal. Why want to have so much trouble eating different food from other shop. Either ask his son to eat alone at the shop or she can eat chicken rice with his children.

hi there

1. i am from the east too.
2. well, long enough to know something about the place.
3. yes, the shop in question sucks big time.
4. it is just some ordinary yong tau fu, nothing much to offer.
5. yes, its staff do have some attitude.
6. btw, the customer should have asked first.

hossey

Alfrescian
Loyal
he writer Mee_Siam_Hum imagines she is some kind of high and mighty Putri ! Quite similar to the Queen of Everitt road in behaviour , even our President & Ministers dont dare to demand such service from food operators , but she thinks differently ???? If I happen to have diarrhea and dont feel like pooing at the coffeeshop toilet and Mee_Siam_Hum's house is next door , can I dash inside and use her toilet? She may be graceful enough to open her toilet door for me to poo poo , since she is so cultured and portraying to be graceful.

Start her own food joint and I will go with a dozen kids who will bring Hot dogs, Hum Chee Pang , Lou Kai Yeak etc into her shop and I will still order food enough for a dozen from her shop - let's see if she minds ?

Her upbringing of the boy will only pave the way for him to join a gang in Pasir Ris or Bt.Panjang , her arrogance and poor behaviour in front of her son will send a wrong message. She is encouraging him to be a hooligan NOT to respect house rules and the Law . Try telling her son to go into the girl's toilet instead of walking further up to the boy's and see if it is alright?

She is like someone brought up from the jungle , no respect for the law and yet scream abuse and try to sabotage the YTF shop . With some education bully the lesser educated , isnt this bitchy !

Balek Kampong la dont do what you dont wish others do to you.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg ppl, once dey pay for sumting, dey are not wrong demanding anyting.
imho, these ppl are the ppl who are slightly above average income earner and act like one big millionaire. snobbish.

imho, sumtimg must be said that caused the boss to return the money and cancel her order.