• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ UEFA Champions League 2014-15 ☆

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Picking Ronaldo or Messi is like choosing your favourite parent, says Del Piero

lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-barcelona-real-madrid-la-liga-03232014_xjp3o5qa23d91p8gjgivuhcgm.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 09:18:50

The Juventus legend believes the two stars drive each other on by constantly raising the bar and says their rivalry will go down as one of the best in sporting history

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero has compared picking between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to deciding your favourite parent.

The Barcelona and Real Madrid stars have won the Ballon d'Or seven times between them in as many years and broken a host of goalscoring records.

Though both players have repeatedly denied any rivalry, Del Piero is convinced the pair drive each other on with their continued excellence.

"I think that one of them makes the other want to better him, like all great rivalries in sport," he told AS.

"They are the two players who fight to be the best, like John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg, like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

"Who's the best? That's like asking whether I like mum or dad more! I'd prefer not to say."

Del Piero also lauded Juve midfielder Paul Pogba, praising the France midfielder's physicality and predicting he will be among the next generation of great players.

"He's the player of the future. He has technical skill, physical strength and the height on an NBA player.

"He's extremely modern and is destined to be the best midfielder. And he's already come a long way to achieving it."

Juventus lead Real Madrid 2-1 from the first leg of their Champions League semi-final ahead of Wednesday's return game at the Bernabeu and Del Piero feels Madrid have suffered without Luka Modric.

"Xabi Alonso was difficult to replace. But all big teams move on, it's an unwritten law.

"However, I think the Modric injury is having a big impact on the Madrid midfield.

"Madrid have great champions. It's a pleasure to see them all. I've always been eager to watch James Rodriguez. I enjoy him. I was struck by him at the World Cup in Brazil. With experience, he'll become an even better player."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Neymar: I don't care who we play in the Champions League final

neymar-bayern-munich-barcelona-champions-league-12052015_s2hnsm61xhzn1g1biof2sf7zs.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 09:51:00

The Brazil star is confident his side will beat Juventus or Real Madrid in Berlin on June 6

Barcelona star Neymar insists he doesn't mind who his side face in the Champions League final next month.

The Catalans reached the showpiece for the first time in four years thanks to a 5-3 aggregate victory over Bayern Munich.

After winning the first leg 3-0, Barca advanced despite losing 3-2 at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday night, with Neymar scoring twice to add to his goal at Camp Nou.

They will meet either Juventus or Real Madrid in Berlin on June 6 but Neymar says his team-mates are ready to deal with the threat posed by both teams.

"I don't have any preference for the final," he told reporters.

"May the best team win and we will be waiting for them in the final.

"It's a new feeling. It's my first Champions League final and I'm very happy about that but I'm also happy for my team-mates."

Juventus take a 2-1 lead from the first leg to the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, with Madrid hoping to overturn the deficit and retain their European crown.

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buffon labels Madrid fans 'ingrates' over 'outrageous' Casillas boos

iker-casillas-real-madrid-champions-league-10042015_1a14zhhsflwla1g4782sc805ad.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 10:30:00

The goalkeeper has been jeered by his own supporters after making a string of high-profile mistakes this season

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon has labelled Real Madrid fans "ingrates" for their "outrageous" booing of goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

The Spain skipper has spent his entire professional career at the Santiago Bernabeu, winning three Champions Leagues trophies and La Liga five times amongst a host of other honours.

However, a slump in form over the last couple of years has seen him become the target of jeers from the stands but Buffon has leapt to his defence.

"There are certain iconic figures who don't deserve this attitude," he said at a press conference.

"It is an unpleasant and outrageous thing for a professional like him, who has always given his all. The protest against him is an unprecedented gesture from ingrates.

"For 20 years he has given so much for the Real Madrid shirt. Regardless of whether things are going well or not, there are icons who don't deserve this kind of treatment."

Juventus travel to Madrid on Wednesday with a 2-1 lead from the first leg of their Champions League semi-final in Turin last week but Buffon says their job is only half done.

"We have gone beyond our expectations. We are 90 minutes from the final," he continued.

"I'm more mature now than when I was playing in the 2006 World Cup final in Berlin but it's still too early to dream about going through to Berlin."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Messi: Barcelona must win the Champions League

messi-boeteng-yellow-bayern-munich-barcelona-champions-league-12052015_qvbm5og0tv2w1cozrudsjpnjv.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 11:32:25

The 27-year-old isn't content with just reaching the final and is determined to win the competition for a fourth time

Barcelona star Lionel Messi says the club must now go on and win the Champions League after reaching the final on Tuesday.

Luis Enrique's side lost 3-2 to Bayern Munich but progressed thanks to their 3-0 first-leg win at Camp Nou last week, in which the Argentine scored twice.

The 27-year-old has won the competition three times in his career but is determined to add a fourth medal to his collection.

"We're happy as we wanted to reach the Champions League final," he wrote on his Facebook page.

"But our objective is still the same: to win it."

Barca will face either Real Madrid or Juventus in Berlin next month, with the Bianconeri winning the first leg 2-1 ahead of Wednesday's return clash at the Bernabeu.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone is picking on Gotze, says Bierhoff

mario-gotze-shakhtar-donetsk-bayern-munich-champions-league-11042015_xvsxchb5spqe12pzxhgzh24au.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 11:41:50

The Germany team manager believes the 22-year-old has been the subject of undeserved criticism, despite his poor run of form over the last few months

Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff says Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze has unfairly been made a scapegoat for the club's recent struggles.

The former Borussia Dortmund playmaker has been far from his best in recent months and often failed to make Pep Guardiola's starting XI despite their current injury crisis.

Gotze was left on the bench again as Bayern beat Barcelona 3-2 on Tuesday night in the second leg of their Champions League final but exited the competition 5-3 on aggregate

Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer accused Gotze of not being immature last week before saying that "he could play for another 30 years without matching Lionel Messi".

However, Bierhoff feels that assessment is unfair on the 22-year-old, saying the World Cup winner has always been the model professional.

"In principle, I just have to say that I find it unspeakable that everyone is picking on Mario," he told Sky.

"He is an incredibly professional player with us and is insanely busy. He's a very young player but has already made great strides.

"That there are moments when things aren't going so well is perfectly normal. I am firmly convinced that he will succeed at Bayern."

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vidal: I won't stop until I win the Champions League

arturo-vidal-juventus-serie-a-02052015_15qht8vrkcgto1f0qkabhb4gyr.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 12:10:19

The Chilean says it is a dream for him to even reach the semi-finals but has vowed to give his all to lift the European Cup in Berlin next month

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has promised he will not rest until he has his hands on the Champions League trophy.

The Bianconeri hold a slender 2-1 lead from the first leg of their Champions League semi-final tie with Real Madrid heading into the Santiago Bernabeu return.

The Chile international says reaching the last four was a dream come true but is now hoping his side can seal a place in the Berlin final next month.

"It is a dream, because I have always dreamt of being in a Champions League semi-final," he told Uefa.com ahead of Wednesday's second leg.

"I watched it at home as a boy, and now I am really here, that is the thing I have been enjoying the most. And we will try to become champions.

"I know it's very difficult, but I've made it here, and that is difficult too. So I hope to not stop until I lift the trophy.

"When you play against Madrid, you play against the best players in the world, and we know that. We'll try to give our utmost.

"But we also have first-class players, and we hope we can show that over the two legs and reach the final."

Vidal scored the only goal of the quarter-final meeting with Monaco to send his side through to the semi-finals and has now revealed the nerves he had before taking the ultimately decisive spot kick.

"I was very emotional at first, because it was very hard to score in the Champions League. Last year I scored a lot, and the year before I scored as well, but this year it was a lot harder because of various problems.

"But many beautiful things, and also bad [feelings] came together in that moment. I like to let my heart speak when I score and celebrate it to the maximum. And thankfully we qualified for the semi-final with that goal."

Juventus lost two of their three opening group stage matches at the start of the season and Vidal has admitted he and his team-mates underestimated their opponents.

"That was a very ugly moment we went through with Juventus in those first games, as we never expected to lose.

"And yes, we lost in a way that we didn't like. We thought it would be an easier group, but it got complicated and in the end we had to give everything to get through."

Marchisio

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pogba is no Ronaldo or Messi, says Trapattoni

paul-pogba-juventus-cagliari-serie-a_1xwglscm02mec1x1jhjwlb344l.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 12:38:37

The 76-year-old says that while the midfielder is a tremendous prospect he is still some distance away from joining the game's elite

Former Juventus boss Giovanni Trapattoni says Paul Pogba is a great player but not yet as influential as Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.

The Frenchman made a long-awaited comeback from injury at the weekend, scoring in the 1-1 draw against Cagliari on Saturday before coming off after an hour.

Pogba is in the running to start in the Champions League on Wednesday against Real Madrid in the second leg of their semi-final, but Trapattoni questioned the impact he will make.

"Pogba is a great player and he will help a lot," he told AS.

"But he's not Cristiano or Messi. They make the difference, just like Diego Maradona and the greatest players."

The game will also see goalkeepers Gianluigi Buffon and Iker Casillas line up for Juve and Madrid and Trapattoni offered his backing to the Spaniard in light of recent criticism of his displays.

"I think they are both of the same level, two great goalkeepers," he added. "The value of these players is undeniable. Just look at their careers.

"Iker deserves more respect. You cannot say that he has been a great goalkeeper - he still is one. All the greats make mistakes.

"A player like him should use the criticism to show his quality."

Finally, the former Republic of Ireland boss suggested Juventus would travel to the Bernabeu looking to attack Madrid rather than sit on their 2-1 first leg lead.

"They won't start with the idea of defending the 2-1. Juventus never have that attitude. They know their strength and will do everything to get a goal. They have respect but not fear.

"Juventus have experience and can withstand the pressure of 90,000 fans, who could be decisive."

Marchisio

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sammer: Bayern Munich will stand by Gotze

mario-gotze-bayern-munich-shakhtar-donetsk-champions-league_19telplna10jv1m3c33dv6ac12.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 13, 2015 13:27:06

The Germany playmaker is struggling to find his best form in Bavaria but the club's sporting director has promised to give him time to prove his worth

Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer has vowed to stand by struggling playmaker Mario Gotze following the 22-year-old's poor run of form.

The Germany star has fallen down the pecking order at the Allianz Arena and only featured for the final few minutes of the Champions League game against Barcelona on Tuesday, despite the Bavarians' current injury crisis.

Honorary club president Franz Beckenbauer has been a vocal critic of the former Dortmund man's attitude and performances, but Sammer has pledged to give Gotze time to prove himself.

"Mario has a contract, so why should he have no future?" Sammer told Bild.

"He is a young player and many of them need a bit of time. We are by his side, we'll help him. He has our full support and of course we need him."

Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, meanwhile, says he has sympathy for Gotze's struggles and backed him to prove his detractors wrong.

"It's never easy, especially at a top club when there are 13, 14, 15 players at the same level," he added.

"It's not easy for the coach or the players. Any player in our squad does a good job. He's just a young player who needs a bit of faith.

"I can speak from experience. When I was young, there were several times when I didn't play either.

"He's a good guy. He has the right character."

Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff also pledged his support to the World Cup winner who has recently been linked with a move away from the German champions.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Real Madrid 1-1 Juventus (agg 2-3): Morata strikes on Bernabeu return to send holders out

1380612_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 21:39:00

The striker levelled after Cristiano Ronaldo's first-half penalty to send the Italian champions into the final to face Barcelona

Alvaro Morata returned to haunt Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu as his goal sent the Champions League holders out of the tournament and put Juventus in the final.

Juve went into Wednesday's second leg of their semi-final at the Santiago Bernabeu holding a 2-1 advantage, but they were on the back foot throughout the first half in Madrid.

Cristiano Ronaldo gave the hosts an away-goal advantage from the penalty spot in the 23rd minute after Giorgio Chiellini had felled James Rodriguez in the area, and at that stage they looked good value for their lead.

Carlo Ancelotti's men continued to threaten at the beginning of the second period too, but it was Morata - who played in last year's final for Madrid before being allowed to leave the club - who proved the difference.

Having also scored in the first leg, he found the net against the run of play shortly before the hour mark this time to stun a partisan crowd into silence.

Real pushed hard for the goal that would have forced the match into an additional 30 minutes and preserve their hopes of a mouthwatering Clasico final, but Juve clung on to book their meeting with Barcelona in Berlin on June 6 with the

The Madrid team bus was welcomed to the stadium by the kind of throng usually reserved for a victory parade ahead of the match and Marcelo, roared on by an equally fervent crowd inside the Bernabeu, carved out the hosts' first opportunity.

The full-back raced down the left before whipping in a cross for Gareth Bale, but the Welshman – in need of a strong showing following heavy criticism of his first-leg display – headed harmlessly over.

Madrid continued to look the more likely to break the deadlock in the early stages and, after bringing the ball down well in the box, Karim Benzema, who was back in the team following seven matches out with a knee injury, fired high and wide.

Ronaldo saw a free kick drift over off the arm of Arturo Vidal, although there were few Real appeals for handball, before the Chilean drew a diving save from Iker Casillas with Juve's first shot at goal.

A dipping Bale effort had Gianluigi Buffon sprawling after 20 minutes, but the goalkeeper was unable to keep out Ronaldo's spot-kick soon afterwards – diving right as the ball flew straight down the middle.

The penalty had been awarded for Chiellini's clumsy tackle on James, and chances for Ronaldo and Benzema threatened to compound Juve's misery as Madrid ended the half in the ascendancy.

James went down in the box again shortly before the break, but this time he was shown a yellow card for simulation having tumbled under the challenge of Vidal.

Claudio Marchisio sent an effort just wide of the left-hand post at the beginning of the second period, but Marcelo reminded Juve of the threat posed by the home side with a shot that veered just off target.

However, the visitors re-established their aggregate advantage three minutes from the hour. And it was that man Morata who took centre-stage.

Casillas punched clear from a cross, but Juve kept the ball alive and Morata eventually sent a shot bouncing over the head of the Spanish goalkeeper and into the back of the net from Paul Pogba's nod down.

As had been the case when he opened the scoring in the first leg, Morata opted not to celebrate.

Bale saw numerous chances to test Buffon come and go as Real sought the goal that would bring about extra-time, while Marchisio had a golden opportunity to put the match beyond doubt kept out by Casillas.

That missed chance mattered little at the final whistle, though, as Juventus, who survived late penalty appeals for a Patrice Evra challenge on substitute Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez, celebrated a first final since 2003, having last won the tournament back in 1996.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buffon: Juventus will not be tourists in Champions League final

1380582_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 22:16:00

The 37-year-old is determined to end his wait to lift Europe's greatest club prize after his side put out holders Real Madrid

Gianluigi Buffon says Juventus "will not be tourists" in next month's Champions League final against Barcelona in Berlin and will do their utmost to win their third European title.

The Serie A champions recorded a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday to book their ticket for the showpiece on June 6 after a 2-1 home win last week.

Cristiano Ronaldo gifted Carlo Ancelotti's side the lead in the first half when he converted a spot-kick, only for former Madrid man Alvaro Morata to level the scoring with a volleyed shot from close range.

The 3-2 aggregate win saw Juventus reach their first Champions League final since 2002-03 and Buffon is confident they can cause an upset against Barca, who knocked out Bayern Munich.

"We will not be tourists in Berlin," the veteran goalkeeper told the official Uefa website.

"When you have the chance to play a Champions League final, you have to win it."

Juventus last met Barcelona in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in 2002-03, when they beat the Catalans 3-2 on aggregate, before eventually losing the final to AC Milan after penalties.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was hard not to celebrate 'bittersweet' Bernabeu goal, admits Morata

1380612_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 22:40:00

The Spanish striker found it tough to face his old club on Wednesday but insists his decision not to celebrate his strike was the right one

Juventus striker Alvaro Morata struggled to contain mixed emotions after eliminating boyhood club Real Madrid in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

The 22-year-old opted to leave the Santiago Bernabeu side for the Serie A champions in July 2014 after failing to win over head coach Carlo Ancelotti, and has since reignited his career in Turin.

Madrid's decision to let go of Morata came back to haunt them in the Champions League, with the attacker scoring in both Juventus' 2-1 home win as well as Wednesday's 1-1 draw in the return which saw their title defence come to an end.

"This is exceptional. I was very emotional to score a goal, but it was a bittersweet feeling," Morata told Canal+.

"It was quite hard not to celebrate the goal. It was a weird feeling. But I would react the same again a thousand times.

"It was hard to play against Madrid. I have to thank the fans who have always supported me."

The striker went on to admit that Barcelona will be tough opponents in next month's final but is adamant there are no favourites in such a game.

"We have fought hard to make it to the final, but it does not end here. We now want to win the Champions League and make history.

"The match against Barcelona will be different because they are a great team. But we must not stop dreaming. They are not favourites when one game decides it all. We are a great team as well."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ramos rues profligate Madrid as defending champions crash out

1381032_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 22:24:00

The Spain international blamed poor finishing for his side's European exit at the hands of the Serie A kings

Sergio Ramos conceded Juventus were worthy Champions League finalists and blamed wastefulness in front of goal for the reason why Real Madrid's title defence ended on Wednesday.

Madrid went into the second leg of their semi-final 2-1 down but Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty put them back on level terms on aggregate.

The Portuguese star then had another chance to put Madrid in complete control but opted to cross instead of shoot and the opportunity went begging, before Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema also narrowly missed out on scoring a crucial second.

Juve made the most of their good fortune when former Madrid striker Alvaro Morata pinched a second-half equaliser to put the Italian champions through and leave Ramos in reflective mood.

He told Canal+: "Juventus deserve to be in the final. We had the opportunity in the first half, not just the goal, but we failed and we paid for that. After Morata's goal the team went down mentally, we were knocked down."

It has been a damaging few days for Madrid, and coach Carlo Ancelotti in particular, with Wednesday's European exit following hot on the heels of Saturday's home draw with Valencia which means they are unlikely to reclaim the Liga crown.

"It hurts to throw away the season. After paddling so much we will stay on the shore. The defeats stay longer than the victories and if you lose, you go home," added defender Ramos.

"There was a brilliant atmosphere in the Bernabeu. We are grateful and indebted to our fans."

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti: Talks over Real Madrid future will happen in the summer

1381222_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 22:49:00

The Italian is now widely expected to lose his job at the end of the season after a disappointing few days for the deposed European champions

Carlo Ancelotti refused to speculate over his Real Madrid future following their Champions League exit on Wednesday.

Ancelotti's side were unable to overcome a 2-1 first-leg deficit against Juventus, with the 1-1 draw in Spain enough to send the Serie A champions through to a final clash with Barcelona.

The setback comes just four days after a 2-2 draw with Valencia at the Santiago Bernabeu which meant Madrid's Liga title challenge is all but over, with Barca now odds-on to reclaim the Liga title from Atletico Madrid.

Ancelotti's future is subsequently the subject of intense speculation once more but the Italian was not giving any hints as to his plans after the final whistle.

He told Sky: "I don't know, we have 15 days to work for two games. Then we close out the season and, after that, we can talk to the club.

"Today, speaking about the future doesn't matter. We have to finish the season as best as possible."

On the game itself, former Juve boss Ancelotti felt defending champions Madrid had not had the rub of the green.

"We lost the tie in the first game," he said. "Tonight we played at our best but we had no luck. We had control and a lot of opportunities. We were a little bit unlucky in the game. We should not just focus on their goal, we had plenty of chances but weren’t able to score that second goal."

He added on Canal+: "Who failed, it's hard to say. The team did everything we had to do. We attacked a lot and had chances to score the second. If we have to blame something it was our intensity in the first match in Turin.

"Football is about small details. Last year we won thanks to a goal in the last minute and everyone said it was luck. In this round we have not had much luck. Overall I'm proud of these players."

Gareth Bale turned in another disappointing performance which earned him sporadic jeers from the home faithful but Ancelotti stuck up for his record signing.

"He played better, he worked hard, as did all the team," he said. "We did our best but it was not enough to reach the final."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kroos: Ancelotti not to blame for Champions League exit

1381222_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 23:00:00

The Germany international has given his coach his support in the wake of Wednesday's draw with Juventus and says poor finishing cost his side

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has refused to point the finger at head coach Carlo Ancelotti following the titleholders' Champions League semi-final exit at the hands of Juventus.

The Santiago Bernabeu side needed to overcome a 2-1 first-leg defeat in Wednesday's return at home and appeared to be on their way to the final in Berlin halfway through following Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty.

Alvaro Morata then dealt Madrid a huge blow with his 57th-minute equaliser and Madrid failed to find a second to force extra-time.

Wednesday's result means Madrid are likely to end the 2014-15 campaign trophyless, with Barcelona four points clear at the top of La Liga with two games to play, yet Kroos feels Ancelotti should not be blamed for what looks set to be a disappointing season.

"It is not up to the team to decide the coach's future," the Germany international told Sky.

"All I can say on the matter is that Ancelotti is a great coach.

"We came very close to reaching the final and when you look at the way we played, this would not have been possible had we had a bad coach. I hope everybody realises that."

The former Bayern Munich midfielder admits his side were too wayward with their finishing after creating a number of chances against Juventus in each half.

"We put in a very good performance in the first half. We should have scored more goals as we created a lot of chances, just like we did in the second half.

"Our inability to convert our chances was decisive in the end. We had every chance of making it to the final here.

"Our goal this season was to win titles, so it is clear that his is very bitter."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

I must improve on rusty finishing, admits Bale

1380602_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 23:21:00

The under-fire Wales star had a number of chances against Juventus but failed to beat Gianluigi Buffon as the Champions League holders crashed out

Gareth Bale has admitted that his finishing has let him down this season in the wake of Real Madrid's Champions League semi-final exit at the hands of Juventus.

The reigning European champions needed a win at the Santiago Bernabeu to turn things around after their 2-1 first-leg loss in Turin last week, but they eventually had to settle for a 1-1 draw as Juventus progressed.

Bale had a number of chances to find the net - both before and after Alvaro Morata cancelled out Cristiano Ronaldo's opener - but he failed to add his name to the score sheet and incurred the wrath of sections of the home support once again.

And the world's most expensive player accepts he must work on improving his finishing heading into next season.

"I haven't scored as many important chances as I would like this season," Bale told Sky Sports.

"I feel my general play has been good, but my finishing has been a bit rusty this year and it's something to work on for next year.

"I was unlucky not to score one versus Juventus. As long as I keep trying usually one goes in, but unfortunately one didn't now.

"I think the back-post header was the most frustrating miss. I think I slightly got a touch, I couldn't quite get over the ball which was disappointing but it’s one of those things that happen in football and you move on."

The 25-year-old went on to stress that he is happy with his performances this season, irrespective of all the criticism, and he is confident he will only be better in 2015-16.

"There have been some ups and downs this season, but I feel I've played well in general," he added.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'll learn from this season a lot, take it into next season and have a good season."

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Allegri hails 'extraordinary result' as Juventus see off Real Madrid

1381022_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2015 23:38:00

The Bianconeri will meet Barcelona in the Berlin final after a deserved two-legged success over the defending champions which keeps their treble hopes alive

Massimiliano Allegri was happy to delay talk of a treble for Juventus and focus on an "extraordinary result" for his side against Real Madrid on Wednesday.

Allegri masterminded a 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu which put Juve through 3-2 on aggregate to set up a meeting with Barcelona in the Champions League final in Berlin on June 6.

Both teams could come into the match needing to win to land a domestic and European treble. Barca are on the cusp of reclaiming the Liga title and will meet Athletic Bilbao in the final of the Copa del Rey, while Scudetto champions Juve will take on Lazio in the final of the Coppa Italia.

Allegri, however, is happy to celebrate the triumph in the Spanish capital for the time being.

He told Mediaset: "It is an extraordinary result, to eliminate Real Madrid. This team has overcome lots of hurdles. Apart from the Monaco game we always played well. The team is very secure in itself and improving all time.

"Getting to the final is a great satisfaction for us, we deserved this result. We played a great match and perhaps we could have taken advantage of our opportunities in the first half.

"It is not easy to play at the Bernabeu but the boys played with great concentration and for this they deserve praise. I think it's important for our football to have an Italian team in the Champions League final."

As for the treble, Allegri added: "I'm not thinking about that. On Wednesday we have the Coppa final, another important objective."

Allegri accepted facing a Barcelona side that beat Bayern Munich in the last four looks a daunting prospect, but he retains hope that the trophy can return to Italy for the first time since 2010.

"We know Barcelona are a team against which it is almost impossible to play but we aware of our capabilities. In a single match anything can happen. They are deadly in front of goal but we know what we can do and will try to bring home the cup."

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tevez: Messi is from another planet - but Juventus are ready for Barcelona

1340212_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
May 14, 2015 00:19:00

The Argentine striker is relishing the prospect of facing the Catalans and their talisman and has praised the tactical approach of Massimiliano Allegri

Carlos Tevez says compatriot Lionel Messi is "a player from another planet" - but is looking forward to facing Barcelona in the Champions League final.

Juventus secured a place in their first European final since 2003 following a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid on Wednesday which sealed a 3-2 aggregate victory.

Messi helped inspire Barcelona to a 5-3 aggregate triumph over Bayern Munich in the other semi-final but, while Tevez admits the 27-year-old can do "crazy things", he is confident in his own side's chances.

"Messi is the best player in the world, even in the semi-finals he did crazy things. He is a player from another planet. I never had problems with him," Tevez told Sky.

"We deserve this final. Now we go to Berlin for a big challenge against Barcelona. Ours is really a team, no one would have bet on us but we've done something great."

Tevez was also keen to praise the tactical planning of head coach Massimiliano Allegri as Juve continue to chase an historic treble.

"Allegri prepared these two games perfectly. He always gives all the credit to us but much of it belongs to him," he said.

The former Manchester City striker has been linked with a return to Argentina in the summer but he insists his future remains far from certain.

"I've not decided anything," he said simply.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Butragueno refuses to back Ancelotti

1381412_heroa.jpg

By Ben Hayward
May 14, 2015 00:13:00

Real Madrid's director of institutional relations was asked twice whether the Italian coach would be at the club next season, but declined to answer the question on both occasions

Real Madrid director Emilio Butragueno refused to ratify coach Carlo Ancelotti after the club's Champions League elimination at the hands of Juventus on Wednesday.

Ancelotti admitted he would like to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu after Madrid were held to a 1-1 draw by the Italian champions and lost 3-2 on aggregate, but his future is in the balance as Real end the current campaign without a major trophy.

Asked whether he could confirm the Italian - who led Madrid to four titles in 2014 - would be at the club next season, Butragueno told Canal +: "Today we have to be together. We all win and we all lose. The feeling of sadness is a general one.

"We congratulate Juventus for the way they played the tie. We have two league games left and now we have to concentrate on that."

Pressed again on the future of the Italian and the Madrid players, Butragueno was non-committal once more.

"Tonight we have lost and that is the important thing at the moment," he said. "We are all sad and everything else is secondary."

And he added: "We felt we had the opportunity to get to the final. The atmosphere was sensational. But it didn't work out as we had wanted.

"We deserved more. After all that effort, scoring only once leaves you cold. We haven't had luck lately, but when you give everything, there can be no reproach. The players gave everything and I would also like to thank the fans for their support."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Evra warns Suarez: I'll shake your hand, but you'll feel my presence!

451758_heroa.jpg

May 14, 2015 07:20:00

The Uruguayan was banned for racially abusing the France left-back during their time in the Premier League and they are set to cross paths again in the Champions League final

Juventus left-back Patrice Evra has hinted that Barcelona striker Luis Suarez is in for a rough ride when they cross paths in the Champions League final.

Suarez was banned for eight matches by the Football Association during his time at Liverpool after he was found guilty of racially abusing Evra while playing against Manchester United at Anfield in October 2011.

The Uruguay striker has always maintained his innocence, however, and upon returning from his suspension he refused to shake the defender's hand ahead of a match at Old Trafford.

The two are now set to face off once again when Juve take on Barca in Berlin in June and Evra has suggested that it could be a lively affair.

"A lot of people ask me this question; it doesn't matter," he replied when asked by reporters about the prospect of playing against Suarez, who will also cross paths with Giorgio Chiellini, the Italy defender whom he bit at the World Cup.

"The most important thing is I play the final, you know. I am proud to be what I am, I am proud about my colour and I will shake his hand, it is no problem, but I will make sure he will feel me on the pitch."

Having played in the 2004 final for Monaco, as well as three during his time at United, Evra is set to line up for his fifth Champions League final in Berlin.

And the France international has insistsed Juve have nothing to fear despite facing a Barcelona team spearheaded by the prolific trio of Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi.

"They are human beings. People forget that on Juventus' team a lot of players have already won the Champions League. They play as well in [other] finals, like myself, my fifth final.

"You never know. I believe in everything because, if I don't believe we can win against Barcelona, I will ask the manager not to play me."