• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Bundesliga Season 2015-16 ★

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola giving nothing away on Premier League suitors

11 January 2016

989107header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is in no rush to reveal his next club and says he will not make any announcements until he has put pen to paper.

The Bundesliga champions announced last month that Guardiola will leave at the end of this season and the club have already named Carlo Ancelotti as his successor.

Guardiola has confirmed he wants to coach in the Premier League, with Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal all being linked with the 44-year-old.

City are believed to be leading the race to secure Guardiola's services, but the former Barcelona man has refused to give any indication of where his next destination will be.

"I will reveal my new club once I have actually signed a contract," he said at a news conference during Bayern's training camp in Qatar.

"I have not talked with the players about my imminent move to England. We are only talking about football. But they all already know anyway."

Guardiola has already won numerous trophies throughout his coaching career, including La Liga, the Bundesliga and the Champions League, but said he cares more about playing style than silverware.

"I would rather be remembered for the football my teams play than for the trophies I won.

"In the end, titles are nothing but numbers and numbers are boring.

"When we win 4-0 or 5-0 and the fans go home happy, that's the greatest gift for me."

Bayern have won two Bundesliga titles under Guardiola, but have yet to taste Champions League success with the Spaniard at the helm.

Guardiola, though, is not worried about his lack of European trophies at the Allianz Arena.

"The Bundesliga is the most special title for me. You can play terrible in the Champions League, but then do well for six games and win the title.

"I don't think we are ready to win the Champions League yet. We still need to make steps forward. We have to learn how to stay focused for the full 90 minutes."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schalke rubbish talk of Sane exit clause

12 January 2016

989443header.jpg

Schalke have warned Leroy Sane's reported suitors there is no release clause that can be activated to trigger his release, as reports continue to link him with a move to Manchester City.

The 20-year-old Germany international has been heavily linked with the Premier League club in recent weeks, having become one of the Bundesliga's hottest prospects since making his Schalke debut in April 2014.

Sane's deal is due to expire in 2019, although general manager Horst Heldt recently suggested that even City did not have the financial capability to lure the Schalke man to the Etihad Stadium.

Amid fresh reports of an apparent exit clause in Sane's contract, Heldt denied the suggestion at Schalke's training camp in Florida.

"Leroy Sane has no exit clause that can be used during the winter nor the summer," he said.

Schalke play friendlies against Atletico Mineiro and Arminia Bielefeld before returning to league action against Werder Bremen on January 24.

However, Andre Breitenreiter will be without captain Benedikt Howedes for the restart after pulling his hamstring on Monday.

"The training camp is now over for the 27-year-old, who has returned home to Germany," read a Schalke statement.

"Howedes will miss the Bundesliga restart and will be out of action for the Royal Blues for several weeks."

Muller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Muller happy at Bayern although ´England offers a lot´

11 January 2016

988968header.jpg

Thomas Muller believes his contract renewal was a "statement" by both him and Bayern Munich, although he concedes the Premier League "offers a lot at the moment".

The Germany international penned a new deal in December which ties him to the Bundesliga champions until 2021, a move which should ward off interest from English clubs in the 26-year-old, at least in the short-term.

"The renewal was a statement by me and the club that we feel comfortable with each other and have huge ambitions. It is also a small sign that Bayern is not a club you simply leave," he told a news conference in Doha, where Bayern are holding a mid-season training camp ahead of coach Pep Guardiola's final five months in charge.

Guardiola has outlined his desire to work in England, although his destination remains uncertain with Manchester City favourites ahead of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Muller can understand the Spaniard's decision, although he was also keen to play up Bayern's appeal, adding: "The environment [at Bayern], the infrastructure, the history and the culture in recent years are incentives that not every club, or every city, has to offer.

"Of course England offers a lot at the moment, but Bayern does not have to hide."

Muller has scored 25 goals for club and country this season but is not resting on his laurels.

"Of course I am not satisfied with my own performances and goals, I make no secret of that," he said.

"We want to play a good second half of the season and challenge for titles. Then we will see what's left.

"I want to help the team. I try to be a player who is there for the team, even off the pitch. You always have to find the right mix of being serious and relaxed. And you have to be there when it counts."

Muller will be an interested observer when Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar fight it out for the Ballon d'Or later on Monday.

The unassuming Muller has been touted as a future winner of the biggest individual prize in the game but was eager to play down his chances.

He said: "I can imagine many things, but I would never see myself as a favourite one year. You can't compare my game with Messi's, Neymar's or Cristiano Ronaldo's. And apart from the last six months I have not reached their high figures.

"Ronaldo and Messi, in particular, are above everybody else. Barcelona won the treble, too, so it is justified they have two players in the shortlist."

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal treatment ´nothing personal´ - Hernandez

12 January 2016

989486header.jpg

Javier Hernandez insists Louis van Gaal's decision to phase him out of the Manchester United set-up was "nothing personal".

The Mexico international was sold to Bayer Leverkusen last August after failing to cement his place in the Dutchman's plans at Old Trafford, having spent much of the previous season on loan at Real Madrid.

Hernandez has scored 19 goals in an impressive campaign in Germany so far, while United's laboured attack has yielded just 10 goals in their last 11 fixtures.

The 27-year-old admits he is happy to hear suggestions that he was allowed to leave too early but says he holds no grudge over Van Gaal's decision to offload him.

"It's part of the game, only 11 players can start. It was nothing personal but every coach has his own plan," he told Bild.

"When people criticise Van Gaal, that's their opinion. I'm pleased that people think I could have stayed there longer. I had four great years in Manchester, I was champion twice."

Hernandez, linked with Arsenal earlier this year, would not rule out the prospect of moving on from Bayer Leverkusen in future, though he stressed he is enjoying life at the club.

"We'll see, you never know what will happen. For the last two or three years I've played for Manchester United, Real Madrid and now Leverkusen," he said.

"In this sport, it doesn't matter if you sign for 10, 12 years or if you extend by one season every year. Everything can change after six months.

"I'm happy to be at this great club. My goal is now to play a very good second half of the season.

"I want to finish in the top four. We want to go as far as we can in the Europa League and the Pokal. You have to think about the maximum in any competition you're in.

"The goal must always be the final, and then to win it."

Hernandez has also praised the team spirit within Rodger Schmidt's camp, adding: "It's not only on the pitch. We have good cohesion here, there are a lot of young players. Ninety per cent of them speak English and that for me is a great help.

"It's been much better for us in recent games - we need to continue that in the second half of the season."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gundogan refuses to commit to Dortmund

11 January 2016

988711header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan insists he has not made a decision on his future as he considers his options.

Gundogan's contract expires in June 2017 and the Germany international has been linked with Italian champions Juventus and Manchester City, who are reportedly planning for life with departing Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola.

The 25-year-old is no stranger to speculation, having resisted temptation to move to the Premier League as he signed a new two-year contract in 2015.

But Gundogan has offered no assurances about his future beyond next season, telling Bild: "There is still no decision, and of course, everything has to be considered very carefully, because your career is limited in time.

"But to be honest, everything is still open.

"I know what I have at my club, and I'm not going to lose sight of. But again, a decision is definitely not made."

Gundogan has scored two goals in all competitions this season as Dortmund sit second in the Bundesliga, while they are also preparing for the Europa League last 32.

Since arriving from Nuremberg in 2011, Gundogan has helped Dortmund to Bundesliga (2011-12), DFB-Pokal (2011-12) and DFL-Supercup (2013) glory as well as a Champions League final appearance in 2013.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fantastic Ancelotti the ideal man to replace Guardiola - Ziege

carlo-ancelotti_hxpx1tpsq5if1a2iuyvzy3x60.jpg

Jan 14, 2016 18:37:11

The 43-year-old believes the Bundesliga giants have made the right choice in opting for the Italian

Bayern Munich are set to swap one fantastic head coach for another by recruiting Carlo Ancelotti to replace Pep Guardiola, according to Christian Ziege.

Former Barcelona boss Guardiola will remain in charge of the Bundesliga champions until his contract expires at the end of the season, when he has revealed he is keen to take a job in the Premier League.

Ziege, who played for Bayern between 1990 and 1997, thinks his old club have made an excellent choice in ex-Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain head coach Ancelotti.

"I think [they] are fantastic coaches," Ziege told Omnisport.

"Pep Guardiola showed at Bayern Munich in the last two-and-a-half years how fantastic he is as a coach. How the team improved and the way they played football is outstanding.

"But at the same time Ancelotti proved a lot at different clubs how good he is as a coach. He can have success.

"I think the last thing he did was against Bayern Munich [in the semi-finals] when they [Madrid] won the Champions League for the 10th time. So one good coach is going and they have, already, a fantastic coach for the new season."

Ziege feels the one remaining question mark over Guardiola's coaching career is whether or not he will attempt to build a dynasty at one single club in the way Sir Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United.

The 43-year-old continued: "Guardiola says he wants to have another experience in another league in another country so I think you can do what you want.

"The question is if he wants to get like Alex Ferguson and stay in one club for years because he sees himself and the work he does after three years as a lot [of] work for the heads of the players.

"It takes a lot of patience to work with him. So this is the reason why maybe he doesn't want to stay too long in one place.

"I don't know which club he will train but everybody is saying it is Manchester City. If not, then it is Chelsea. Both clubs have enough money to buy the player he wants to.

"In the beginning it will be difficult again because adapting to the things he wants to see on the pitch is up to the players and it is not always easy.

"When he started at Barcelona they trained from the youth to the professional team all in the same way, so it was easier. But if you go to a foreign country and to a different team, then obviously they have to adapt to the work he does.

"If you think about Manchester City, I think [former Barca sporting director] Txiki Begiristain is there so Spanish people are there and they know how Barcelona work and they know how Guardiola works. So for me, it is the club where he will go and is able to fit in because there are already Spanish guys who know him.

"From all I have seen over the years, the way he thinks about football and creates his own stuff, I think it is outstanding. He will manage well in the Premier League."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Almeida set for Bundesliga return after Anzhi exit

13 January 2016

990278header.jpg

Hannover look set to complete the signing of Hugo Almeida after the Portuguese striker agreed to cancel his contract with Anzhi Makhachkala.

Almeida, 31, moved to Anzhi in July, but, after 14 appearances and four goals, has left the Russian Premier League side amid reports he is due to join up with the Bundesliga strugglers.

Thomas Schaaf - who took over at Hannover in December - worked with Almeida at Werder Bremen before the striker had spells at Besiktas, Cesena and Kuban Krasnodar.

German newspaper Bild reports that Almeida will link up with Hannover following their mid-season training camp in Turkey and finalise terms this week ahead of the Bundesliga restart.

With Schaaf's men 17th in the table and just a point above rock-bottom Hoffenheim, Hannover begin the second half of their campaign at home to Darmstadt in 10 days' time.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rafinha a doubt for Bayern's clash with Hamburg

rafinha-fc-bayern-munchen_izc2rlux6jun1vdd0wn9ed0y4.jpg

By Peter Hanson
Jan 17, 2016 14:14:26

Pep Guardiola's side will monitor the fitness of the Brazilian after he picked up a knee injury in a friendly loss to Karlsruher

Rafinha is a doubt for Bayern Munich's clash against Hamburg on Friday due to a knee injury.

The full-back sustained the knock in Bayern's 2-1 friendly defeat against Karlsruher and will be unable to train over the coming days.

"Rafinha sustained some knee bruising in [Saturday's] loss and be out of action for the next few days," Bayern confirmed via Twitter.

Champions Bayern are set to resume their Bundesliga campaign at Volksparkstadion having opened up an eight-point lead over Borussia Dortmund before the mid-season break.

Rafinha has made 14 league appearances for Bayern this season.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Henry was my childhood hero - Lewandowski

1965842_heroa.jpg

By Tom Davis
Jan 17, 2016 13:15:00

The Poland international, who believes his nation can spring a surprise at Euro 2016 next summer, hailed the former Gunners striker as a player he has always looked up to

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has cited Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as his childhood hero, saying he has always been impressed by the Frenchman.

The 27-year-old, who has been in sensational goalscoring form this season, recently finished fourth in the Ballon d'Or behind eventual winner Lionel Messi, runner-up Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar in third place.

And Lewandowski has spoken of his admiration for former Gunners striker Henry, who holds the record of being the club's all-time record goalscorer with 228 goals in 377 appearances.

He told Telefoot: "I've always tried to follow the example of Henry, my childhood hero. His technique, his celebrity, he has always impressed me."

The Poland international played a pivotal role in his country's qualification through to Euro 2016 in France this summer, finishing top goalscorer with 13 goals - and he insists they will fear no team.

"Winning the Euros? Perhaps it's too early," he continued. "But our team doesn't fear anyone. It will be a great event. I hope Poland will be the surprise."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Borussia Monchengladbach open to Xhaka sale

only-germany-granit-xhaka-borussia-monchengladbach_3ableecc0ybw1skomyfdufck9.jpg

Previous
Jan 17, 2016 10:35:04

The midfielder has been linked with both Liverpool and Arsenal and his club say they could be tempted to cash in

Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl says the club will be forced to consider any sizeable bids for highly-rated midfielder Granit Xhaka.

The Switzerland international has been linked with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool recently, having become a key part of Gladbach's plans since arriving from Basel in 2012.

Xhaka was also talked of as a possible long-term replacement for Bastian Schweinsteiger following his exit from Bayern Munich and was backed by former Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld to succeed at the Allianz Arena.

The 23-year-old agreed a new four-and-a-half-year deal in February 2015 but Eberl says the club could be tempted to sell for the right price.

"It depends a bit on our own sporting success, it depends on Granit's own performances and of course it depends on the figures," he told WDR2.

"If they reach a certain level, then you could start to get dizzy. There are always situations in which every club would have to make considerations.

"It is all in our own hands. As things stand, we are happy to have him with us and hopefully he will stay with us for a long time."

Xhaka has made 23 appearances in all competitions this term, with fourth-placed Gladbach returning to Bundesliga action against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kramaric to aid Hoffenheim´s relegation fight

20 January 2016

994443header.jpg

Leicester City striker Andrej Kramaric has moved to Hoffenheim on loan for the rest of the season after struggling for game time under Claudio Ranieri.

The 24-year-old arrived at the King Power Stadium for a club-record fee in January last year from HNK Rijeka and, having featured plenty under Nigel Pearson, has struggled to establish himself this term.

Kramaric has made just five appearances this season as the form of Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and Shinji Okazaki has helped Leicester to second in the Premier League.

Huub Stevens' men sit bottom of the Bundesliga but can call on Kramaric to boost their striking options ahead of Saturday's clash with Bayer Leverkusen.

"I am very excited about Hoffenheim and the Bundesliga, and I will play my part to ensure that we succeed in avoiding relegation," Kramaric told the German club's website.

Hoffenheim return for the second half of their Bundesliga campaign a point adrift of Hannover and having averaged just a goal a game in their opening 17 matches.

Stevens took over from Markus Gisdol in December and, with Hoffenheim having won just twice in the league all season, professional football director Alexander Rosen added: "We are pleased that we've been able to make this transfer happen.

"Andrej is a forward who offers a real goal threat and can hopefully provide a new impetus to our attacking game."

Ranieri revealed this month he had recommended Kramaric leave Leicester in a bid to play regularly and earn a place in Croatia's squad for Euro 2016.

In Leicester's statement, the Italian said: "Andrej has the European Championship to think about this summer, so it's important for him that he has the opportunity to play.

"He is a fantastic player and a great professional but, in this moment, we have other strikers that are playing well. I spoke with him to understand what he wants to do and a loan is a solution that works for everybody.

"We will watch him closely at Hoffenheim."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lewandowski does not fear potential Higuain arrival

20 January 2016
994184header.jpg

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski does not fear the potential arrival of Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain as he is convinced of his own qualities.

Chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed this month Bayern would be interested in signing the Argentina international if he were to become available, fuelling speculation over Lewandowski's future.

The former Borussia Dortmund striker's agent Maik Barthel was quick to warn Bayern not to look at other options, but Lewandowski himself is not too worried about the situation.

"I don't know what Bayern's plans for the future look like, but it would not be a problem for me if they signed another striker, regardless of whether that's Higuain or someone else," Lewandowski told Sport Bild.

"I will still be playing if another striker arrives. I'm convinced of my own qualities. I am strong enough."

Lewandowski has been linked with a switch to the Premier League on more than one occasion, but sees no reason to move as he believes Bayern have what it takes to hold their own against the top clubs from England regardless of their spending power.

"I don't seen any difference between Bayern and England's big clubs," he added.

"Of course, the English clubs have plenty of money to spend, but they have always had a lot of money and Bayern have always been able to compete.

"There is not a single club in England that will catch Bayern just because they have more money all of a sudden."

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sane not ready for bigger club - Breitenreiter

20 January 2016

994179header.jpg

Schalke coach Andre Breitenreiter believes Leroy Sane is not ready for a move to a bigger club yet amid ongoing speculation linking him with clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City and Liverpool.

The Germany international has been in sublime form this campaign, scoring four goals and providing four more in 17 Bundesliga appearances, and he has reportedly caught the attention of big clubs from Spain and England.

Schalke have been adamant they have no intention of selling Sane, though, and his coach has now also advised the 20-year-old to stay put.

"The public comments made by [CEO] Clemens Tonnies, [sporting director] Horst Heldt and Leroy's management are all crystal clear. That's why I am not thinking about a potential transfer for Leroy," Breitenreiter told Sport Bild.

"A transfer to a bigger club would come too soon for Leroy at this stage of his development. He still has plenty to learn, must continue to mature and needs games in order to be ready for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"On the other hand, it is a dream for many young players to play for a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid at some point."

Sane has a contract with Schalke until June 2019.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tuchel to disregard pre-Christmas form

22 January 2016 15:35

995566header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel will not obsess over Bayern Munich's form as the Bundesliga returns from the mid-season break.

Champions Bayern hold an eight-point advantage over second-placed Dortmund at the halfway stage, with action resuming this weekend.

Bayern travel to Hamburg while Tuchel's men visit Borussia Monchengladbach, but the Dortmund boss is keen to dismiss the relevance of all pre-Christmas form to the battles ahead.

"We played a very good first half term and we received a lot of praise for that, but we have to disregard that now," he told his pre-match news conference on Friday.

"Bayern have a comfortable lead, it's not our concern whether they will keep their level.

"I don't want my team to put itself too much under pressure. We have to have an open mind to exploit all our possibilities."

Dortmund have been strongly linked to a January move for Mainz's Yunus Malli and Christian Heidel, the sporting director of their Bundesliga counterparts, has confirmed interest but insists the attacking midfielder will feature against Ingolstadt this weekend.

Tuchel, who coached Mainz between 2009 and 2014, was keen to avoid further fuelling transfer talk.

"The full focus is on the current squad," he said. "Mainz manager Christian Heidel said everything there is to say. Patience is required."

A Henrikh Mkhitaryan brace helped Dortmund to a 4-0 win over Monchengladbach in August but Tuchel believes his team will face a different challenge against a team whose fortunes have transformed since Andre Schubert replaced Lucien Farve as head coach a month later.

"Schubert's Gladbach are more aggressive, they defend higher up the field," he added. "They play less passive than under Favre."

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp exit has boosted Dortmund - Chapuisat

22 January 2016 12:12

995429header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund have been better off since the departure of head coach Jurgen Klopp, according to Stephane Chapuisat.

Liverpool's 1-0 defeat to Manchester United has left them eight points adrift of the Champions League places, with Klopp only managing to take nine points from his first seven home matches since taking charge.

By contrast, Thomas Tuchel has led Dortmund to second place in the Bundesliga table with just three defeats from their first 17 league matches - a run of form which keeps them eight points behind leaders Bayern Munich.

And Chapuisat, who won two league titles during his BVB career between 1991 and 1999, says there is little argument that Klopp chose the right time to depart despite his success at Signal Iduna Park.

"It was a good time to make a change after seven years. Players who nobody believed in any longer have blossomed," he said, as quoted by Sport Bild.

"Jurgen Klopp probably felt it himself. It was simply the best for both parties.

"The most difficult thing [for Dortmund now] will be to keep all their players in the summer, so they can attack Bayern again."

The former Switzerland striker is now hoping to see Dortmund reach the final of the Europa League this season and admits it would be special for them to face Basel in the showpiece at St Jakob Park.

"Dortmund against Basel would be a very nice final, but when BVB get there, I wouldn't mind who they played," he added.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern´s Boateng suffers groin injury

23 January 2016 02:59

995907header.jpg

Jerome Boateng will be out of action for at least a week after the Bayern Munich defender suffered a groin injury on Friday.

The Germany international limped off in the 55th minute of Bayern’s 2-1 win over Hamburg, with further examinations set to take place over the course of the weekend.

Robert Lewandowski scored twice to continue the Bavarian’s dominant league form as the Bundesliga returned from a month-long winter break.

Bayern released a statement on their website confirming Boateng's injury.

"Jerome Boateng is doubtful for FC Bayern’s next Bundesliga match against Hoffenheim on 31 January," it read.

"The centre-back sustained a groin injury in the 2-1 victory away to Hamburg and had to be replaced 55 minutes into the contest. A detailed examination will follow in Munich at the weekend."

Boateng has been enjoying the most consistent form of his career this term and signed a new contract in December to keep him at the Allianz Arena until 2021.

Stuttgart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dortmund bullish over Aubameyang, claim €100m bid would be ´irrelevant´

25 January 2016 10:23

997172header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has made it clear that not even an offer in the region of €100million would suffice to lure Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang away from the club.

The Gabon international has been in stunning form this campaign and has been linked with clubs such as Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain in recent months, although Aubameyang himself has routinely stressed that he has no intention of leaving Dortmund any time soon.

Former Germany international Lothar Matthaus stated at the weekend that a Premier League club could pay in excess of €100m for the 26-year-old, but Dortmund insist not even an offer in that region would tempt them to cash in on the prolific striker.

"Matthaus appears to be in the know on this one...," Watzke told Bild.

"But in all serious, even if such an offer would come in, that would be irrelevant for us. We are simply not selling Auba."

Aubameyang enjoyed a successful spell in Ligue 1 with Saint-Etienne before joining Dortmund in 2013 and PSG are believed to be keen to lure him back to France.

Nevertheless, the striker has told the reigning Ligue 1 champions that he is not interested in a move to the Parc des Princes.

"A move to PSG might have been an option last year, but not right now. I have no intention of returning to France," Aubameyang told Canal+.

Aubameyang, who has a contract with BVB until June 2020, has netted 27 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions this campaign.

BasDost

Alfrescian
Loyal

Borussia Dortmund miss out on Malli

26 January 2016 17:21

997887header.jpg

Mainz have decided to pull the plug on Yunus Malli's proposed transfer to Borussia Dortmund.

Both clubs had already reached an agreement over a transfer fee and the 23-year-old seemed set to continue his career with Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.

However, the deal has now collapsed, with Mainz seemingly unwilling to part with the Turkey attacking midfielder during the January transfer window.

"I informed Dortmund on Monday evening that Yunus will remain in Mainz," sporting director Christian Heidel told the club's official website.

"The decision was not made based on finances, but rather we weren't sold on the overall idea. We had agreed a transfer fee with Dortmund, but the timing of the move isn't optimal for us.

"Yunus is not only our top scorer, but also an important part of the team. And we did not want to tear the team apart as it is."

Malli came through the ranks of the Borussia Monchengladbach youth academy, but left for Mainz in 2011 before breaking into the first team.

He has been one of the revelations of the Bundesliga season so far, scoring eight goals in 18 appearances and setting up one more.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Basel reject Wolfsburg bid for Embolo

26 January 2016 23:25

998110header.jpg

Basel have rejected a bid from Wolfsburg for rising forward star Breel Embolo, the club's president has confirmed.

The 18-year-old has reportedly attracted the interest of a host of European giants following his performances for the Swiss champions over the past 18 months.

Premier League sides including Manchester United and Tottenham have been linked with the striker, while Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs admitted earlier this month that negotiations for Embolo were underway.

However, Basel chief Bernhard Heusler - who has already sanctioned the sale of Mohamed Elneny to Arsenal in the January transfer window - says an offer from the Bundesliga side has been flatly rejected, meaning Embolo is likely to see out the season at St Jakob Park.

"After considering all the arguments, we decided to grant VFL a rejection without negotiating the economic conditions of the offer," he told Sport Bild of a transfer bid reported in Germany to be worth close to €27million.

"Of course, the deemed VFL's offer very interesting for him, but has accepted the decision of the clubs in a professional and fair manner."

Embolo, who is battling for a spot in Vladimir Petkovic's plans for Euro 2016, has scored eight goals in all competitions this season.

Guardiola

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola denies Bayern Munich mutiny

29 January 2016

999614header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has denied suggestions that the relationship with his players has turned sour following his decision not to renew his contract with the Bundesliga leaders.

Recent reports from Germany suggested a number of key players have had enough of Guardiola's strict approach and that the atmosphere in the dressing room has reached an all-time low in recent weeks, with one of the players allegedly leaking internal communication to the press.

Nevertheless, Guardiola has laughed off such claims and is adamant there are no problems between him and his players.

"My relationship with the players is better than ever before," Guardiola said at a news conference.

"Whenever I say something, it's in the papers the days after. I experienced something similar in my first year and in my second year as well, while it also happened in July.

"I am not too worried about it. I tried to fight it in my first year, but that doesn't lead to anything. I always want the best for my players with everything I do."

Guardiola reportedly admonished two players in front of the entire squad over a perceived lack of professionalism and weight problems, while the players supposedly also received an e-mail asking them to formally check in on their days off.

"I have read about the alleged lack of professionalism," the coach added.

"Over the past two seasons, some players returned to the club two to three kilograms overweight.

"But we trained really well this winter in Qatar. It's only normal to check your players' weight. Coaches across the world do the same. The names of the players with weight issues? We will keep that to ourselves.

"There is absolutely no problem with that e-mail. We get a lot of e-mails from the team manager.

"This is to make sure the players don't drive to Berlin for example when they have just one day off. I don't see a problem here."

Meanwhile, chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has insisted Guardiola still has the club's full backing irrespective of his imminent exit and alleged unrest in the dressing room.

"Guardiola will have the full support of everybody at Bayern right until his final day at the club," Rummenigge added.

"Everybody who has been writing lame duck stories should bear that in mind."