• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2013-14 ║

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kiessling: I will never play under Low

308946_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu8
Aug 25, 2013 9:38:00 PM

The forward has ruled out a return to the international fold under the current national team coach, having been frozen out of the squad since 2010

Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling has announced that he will never play for Germany again under current boss Joachim Low.

The 29-year-old, who top scored in the Bundesliga last term, has not featured for his country since 2010, despite his stellar performances for his club in recent months.

And he has now announced that he is unwilling to play for his country again as long as the former Stuttgart boss is in charge.

"I've said before I'm done with the topic. I'll repeat it: I am not going to play under Joachim Low," he told Bild.

"After every goal, the questions return, but they are getting on my nerves."

However, Kiessling did emphasise that he could return to the international set up should there be a change in coaching.

He added: "I am the last person who would abandon his team."

Kiessling has won six caps for Germany but has never registered an international goal.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stuttgart record unwanted hat-trick

306848_heroa.jpg

James Willoughby6
Aug 26, 2013 12:17:00 AM

VFB are yet to pick up a point in the Bundesliga season after a dreadful start, while Frankfurt got back to winning ways

Stuttgart recorded an unwanted hat-trick on Sunday as they lost their third league match in as many games at Augsburg.

Halil Altintop and Jan Callsen-Bracker scored early for the home side, before Bosnian Vedad Ibisevic pulled a goal back just before half-time.

But Stuttgart were reduced to 10 men when Guinea international Ibrahima Traore was sent off in the 70th minute, minutes after coming on as a substitute, as the pressure continues to increase on coach Bruno Labbadia.

One side who enjoyed a positive weekend were Frankfurt, who were thrashed 6-1 by Hertha Berlin on the opening day of the season before losing 1-0 to Bayern, on the back of a sixth-placed finish last term.

But after winning in the first leg of their Uefa Europa League play-off against Qarabag on Thursday, they claimed their first league triumph of the season in Braunschweig.

After a goalless first half, midfielder Alexander Meier broke the deadlock in the 52nd minute. The striker, who was the third highest scorer in the Bundesliga last season, has already hit four goals in five matches in all competitions for his side in the current campaign.

Frankfurt's win was sealed in the 63rd minute when Stefan Aigner netted to pile more misery on the newly-promoted Braunschweig, who have lost all three of their opening Bundesliga games.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

309891_thumb.jpg

Kehl not interested in retirement
The 33-year-old has no intention of hanging up his boots just yet and wants to continue playing for as long as he can

305754_thumb.jpg

Neuer targets Chelsea revenge
The goalkeeper is eager to make amends for his side's Champions League final defeat to the Blues, while explaining the differences between Pep Guardiola and Jupp Heynckes

305099_thumb.jpg

Draxler calls for new signings
Schalke have won none of their opening three Bundesliga games and the teenager is eager to see fresh reinforcements join the club this summer

295488_thumb.jpg

Injured Gundogan in the dark over return date
The Germany international aggravated a back problem against Paraguay on August 14 and the source of the spinal pain has yet to be determined

294325_thumb.jpg

Mkhitaryan: Dortmund deal made me the happiest man in Europe
The Armenia international, who had previously been linked with Liverpool, has admitted that he always wanted to play in a pressurised environment at a top club

309632_thumb.jpg

Bundesliga: Stuttgart loss seals Labbadia fate
The coach was sacked shortly after they were beaten 2-1 by Augsburg while Eintracht Frankfurt returned to winning ways

309671_thumb.jpg

Stuttgart boss Labbadia sacked after three games
Die Schwaben were beaten 2-1 by Augsburg at the weekend, prompting them to relieve the 47-year-old of his post after less than two years in charge

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gomez: Enke's death has been forgotten by Germany fans

294143_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle27
Aug 26, 2013 9:34:00 AM

The Fiorentina forward was dismayed by the whistles he was subjected to after coming on as a replacement for Miroslav Klose in die Mannschaft's friendly against Paraguay

Mario Gomez has expressed his disappointment with the hostile reception he received during his last appearance for Germany, admitting he thought attitudes towards players in the country had changed following the tragic death of former team-mate Robert Enke.

The Fiorentina striker was roundly whistled as he came on in place of Miroslav Klose during die Mannschaft's 3-3 draw with Paraguay at the Fritz-Walter-Stadion on August 14.

Gomez says that he understands that there were mitigating circumstances, in that Klose, a former Kaiserslautern player, had been hoping to break Germany's all-time scoring record, but still felt the negative reaction was unwarranted.

"The people of Kaiserslautern had hoped that Miro would break Gerd Muller's goal record in his old stomping ground," Gomez acknowledged to Bild.

"But I didn't find the whistles very nice. After the death of Robert Enke, many people had been saying that something had to change.

"Just under four years later, apparently everything that was said at the time has been forgotten ..."

Enke, who was capped eight times by his country, tragically took his own life in 2009 after a lengthy battle with depression.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ribery: Mourinho wanted me at Chelsea

308991_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle58
Aug 26, 2013 11:17:00 AM

The Frenchman says that he is in constant contact with the Portuguese but insists he is relishing playing under Pep Guardiola at the Allianz Arena

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery has revealed that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wanted to take him to Stamford Bridge.

The France international was heavily linked with the English outfit in 2010 during Carlo Ancelotti's time at the helm, but the winger has revealed the new Blues boss was also keen to tempt him to move to London.

"We often talk," Ribery said of Mourinho in an interview with German magazine Kicker. "He wanted me to go to Chelsea."

Ribery is now fully focused on leading Bayern to victory over Mourinho's side in Friday's European Super Cup showdown.

"We have a good relationship and respect between us," the 30-year-old explained. "But I want to beat him!"

The Frenchman went on to admit that he is loving life under new Bayern boss Pep Guardiola, who replaced Jupp Heynckes at the helm earlier this summer.

"The contact with him and the players, the warmth he brings - I have all I need to feel good," he enthused.

"I have already had many conversations with him. I have got to know him well - and vice versa. It's not that I need to feel important but I need a relationship [with the coach].

"A hello, a little pat on the back, some praise - these things give me confidence, and only when I have that can I also give my best."

Ribery, one of the favourites to lift the Ballon d'Or following his exceptional form last season, joined Bayern from Marseille in 2007.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schneider replaces Labbadia at Stuttgart

309774_heroa.jpg

By David Lynch15
Aug 26, 2013 5:16:00 PM

The Swabians sacked the 47-year-old following a poor start to the season and have promptly appointed the former Under-17 coach, who is relishing the challenge

Stuttgart have announced that Thomas Schneider has taken over the vacant coaching job at the club following Bruno Labbadia's sacking.

It was confirmed on Monday that the 47-year-old had been relieved of his duties following three straight Bundesliga losses at the start of the season.

And they have wasted no time in replacing him with Schneider, who had been working with the club's Under-17 team, winning the B-Junioren championship during his first season in charge.

He had enjoyed a lengthy career with the Swabian giants as a player, first joining a club as a 10-year-old in 1983 and representing the first team between 1991 and 2003, winning the Bundesliga with them in 1992 and the DFB Pokal in 1997.

However, the 40-year-old's only senior coaching role was with minnows Dingolfing.

"I'm really looking forward to the job at hand and I'm full of confidence," he told reporters at his unveiling.

Sporting director Fredi Bobic added: "I'm glad we have found a solution so quickly. I'm sure we are well positioned with the coaching staff. [This is] not an interim solution."

Meanwhile, Alfons Higl and Tomislav Maric have joined Schneider as members of his coaching staff.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Freiburg - Bayern Munich Preview: Champions seek fourth win in four

The Bavarians have only conceded one goal so far in this season's Bundesliga but will face Christian Streich's men without the injured Thiago Alcantara

309416hp2.jpg

Bastian Schweinsteiger is confident Bayern Munich can continue their unbeaten start to the Bundesliga season against Freiburg on Tuesday.

The defending champions have conceded just one goal in the process of beating Borussia Monchengladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt and Nuremberg.

Pep Guardiola's men are included in a group of four teams who boast 100 per cent records, but Schweinsteiger insists that there is more to come from Bayern given their relative struggles in front of goal against their Bavarian rivals.

"I knew Nuremberg would basically defend in their own half," he said.

"We could certainly have scored a goal or two much earlier.

"We had to be a little bit patient, and we were. But we always stayed on the attack.

"Everyone saw that we shifted up a gear in the second half, and then we scored the vital opening goal. We know we can play even better, but that'll come."

Bayern were able to name Ribery in their starting line-up for the win over Nuremberg, despite suffering an ankle injury against Frankfurt, while Mario Gotze made his competitive debut for the club.

However, they will be without Thiago Alcantara for at least seven weeks after the Spanish midfielder tore ankle ligaments in Saturday's game at the Allianz Arena.

Bayern did not concede against Freiburg in the Bundesliga last season, winning 2-0 at the Mage Solar Stadion in November before taking three points at home thanks to an Emre Can goal.

Despite finishing fifth last season and qualifying for the Europa League, Christian Streich's men have endured a tough start to their league campaign this time around and are yet to record a win.

However, once they have taken on Guardiola's men on Tuesday, Freiburg will have faced three of the current top-four sides.

While striker Sebastian Freis is in good form, having scored two of Freiburg's five goals this season, the visitors' leaky defence will be a cause for concern going into the clash.

Having conceded eight goals in just three games, Freiburg will need to be on their mettle to keep Bayern's frontline at bay.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Freiburg 1-1 Bayern Munich: Hofler ends Guardiola's 100% record

Xherdan Shaqiri looked to have given the treble-winners a narrow victory but a late strike from Nicolas Hofler meant the Bavarians had to settle for a point

310179hp2.jpg

An under-strength Bayern Munich drew 1-1 with Freiburg on Tuesday night as Pep Guardiola's 100% start to the Bundesliga season came to an end.

Xherdan Shaqiri put the visitors ahead after 32 minutes when he fired past Oliver Baumann in the Freiburg goal.

But Bayern were pegged back five minutes from time when they conceded only their second goal of the season, as substitute Nicolas Hofler volleyed home from close range.

Guardiola made six changes to his side from the 2-0 win over Nurnberg ahead of Friday's Uefa Super Cup clash with Chelsea on Friday, with the likes of Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben and Mario Mandzukic all dropping to the bench.

The hosts were without the suspended Francis Coquelin, while Christian Gunter replaced Mensur Mudzja.

It was Freiburg who had the first goalscoring chance of the match when Julian Schuster's powerful strike forced a good save from Manuel Neuer after 11 minutes.

Soon after, Bayern’s Toni Kroos and Xherdan Shaqiri both stung the palms of Baumann during what was an entertaining opening period.

Guardiola’s much-changed side then began to control proceedings and were rewarded just after the half-hour mark when Shaqiri gave them the lead.

The Switzerland international controlled a Thomas Muller cross from the right, which evaded Oliver Sorg, and drove home past Baumann.

Despite dominating possession for the remainder of the half, the champions could not add to their slender lead before the break.

Shaqiri then almost doubled his tally for the game 10 minutes into the second period, forcing Baumann into a save with his feet, before Charles Laprevotte cut in from the left and hit the post with a curling effort for the home side.

With the game finely poised, Bayern should have doubled their lead when Kroos found himself clean through. However, the Germany international was thwarted one-on-one before the goalkeeper reacted well to deny Muller's follow up.

But, with just five minutes to go, the home side drew level, with substitute Hofler firing a left-foot volley past Neuer from close range.

Dante almost restored Bayern's lead three minutes later when he poked over from inside the six-yard box, but Guardiola was forced to settle for a share of the spoils for the first time this season.

KangTao

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eric_Lum said:
i am a moron :(
Also a gong cheebye because ultimately the forum host is the one who allowed the football betting advertisers here. lol

Banner sponsorship has reached a level where all the monthly overheads are now covered. I would like to thank all those here for helping to make this happen.

KotexFreedom said:
I'm a freeloader and a loser because i don't make soccer predictions while lurking in this forum for soccer tips. When results don't go my way, the world owes me a living sigh..
That explains your fucked up character in this forum and your life. :biggrin:

ImerysAsia said:
Yippee! I consider myself to be fortunate to be abused like a dog when i see the names of my clones mentioned in siggies when i come to this forum everyday :p

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kroos happy with rotation

27 August 2013

358799header.jpg

Bet <select class="amounts" id="id_42" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"> <option value="5" selected="selected" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£5</option> <option value="10" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£10</option> <option value="20" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£20</option> <option value="50" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£50</option> <option value="100" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£100</option> </select>Returns:
Bayern München
£9.15
Draw
£17.50
Chelsea
£21.65

<tbody>
</tbody>

Toni Kroos has no qualms about being used in a squad rotation system at Bayern Munich this season.

The 23-year-old midfielder played a key role in Bayern’s historic treble-winning campaign last term, which saw them sweep the board by landing the Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League and DFB-Pokal titles.

New manager Pep Guardiola also named Kroos in the starting line-up for his first two league games in charge, but the Germany international was left on the bench for the 2-0 win over Nuremberg last Saturday.

With the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez and Thiago Alcantara - who was recently ruled out for two months - competing for a place in Guardiola’s first-choice midfield, some reports had suggested Kroos may seek a move away.

However, the Germany international has dismissed such speculation, insisting he understands the need to keep players fresh.

"It's pretty usual to not start every match. We have to use a rotation scheme," he toldKicker-Sportmagazin.
Kroos - who came through the youth system at Bayern - went on to indicate he is also ready to begin discussions about extending his stay at the Allianz Arena.

"I have two years left on my contract and if the club wants to keep me, he (Guardiola) has to get in touch with me about that," he added.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gundogan out for a further four weeks
27 August 2013

358780header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is expected to out for four weeks with a back injury.

The Germany international suffered a recurrence of a previous injury while on international duty against Paraguay, the 22-year-old opened the scoring in the 3-3 draw but was withdrawn moments after hitting the back of the net.

He was initially expected to be out for two weeks, however the club have confirmed he is set for an extend spell on the sidelines in a statement released on their official website.

It read: "Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gündogan continues to be unavailable for selection for the next couple of weeks.

"Due to a stress reaction in the lower spine the Germany international will need an additional rehabilitation time of approximately one month, according to BVB team doctor Markus Braun.

"The extent of the injury was discovered after an examination at the Knappschaft Hospital on Monday following the midfielder´s return to Dortmund."

The midfielder made 45 appearances for Dortmund last season, and although he has started three matches during the current campaign, his back problems have meant he has been unable to finish a match.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schweinsteiger a doubt for Super Cup

28 August 2013

358816header.jpg

Bet <select class="amounts" id="id_84" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"> <option value="5" selected="selected" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£5</option> <option value="10" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£10</option> <option value="20" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£20</option> <option value="50" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£50</option> <option value="100" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£100</option> </select>Returns:
Bayern München
£9.00
Draw
£18.75
Chelsea
£21.66

<tbody>
</tbody>

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger could miss the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea on Friday with an ankle injury.

The 29-year-old limped off in the second half of Bayern's 1-1 draw at Freiburg on Tuesday.

And manager Pep Guardiola confirmed after the match that Schweinsteiger could miss the clash with Chelsea in Prague.

"He strained his ankle," the Spaniard said.
"Tomorrow there will be a medical check. I hope he can play on Friday but we do not know that yet."Captain Philipp Lahm added that the injury "does not look good".

Guardiola rested a number of players ahead of Friday's fixture, with Arjen Robben, Lahm, Franck Ribery and Mario Mandzukic all beginning the match at the Mage Solar Stadion on the bench, with the latter three making appearances.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ribery wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award
30 August 2013

358997header.jpg

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been named UEFA's Best Player in Europe for the 2012-13 season

The Frenchman, who was nominated alongside Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo and four-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi, was named the victor at the UEFA Champions League draw on Thursday.

"It's always nice to win this trophy; it's a special moment for me to be here this evening. I want to thank all my team-mates and the directors at Bayern, and the supporters. We've had a fantastic year," he said.

"It's recognition for the work that you have done well well, and that people are proud and have faith in what you do. And that is really nice, and very important for a player.

"It was an extraordinary year for us, we'd wanted that (Champions League) trophy for so long and to play at Wembley was fantastic. I think Bayern deserved to win the cup after such a long time."

Ribery played a prominent role in Bayern's unprecedented treble-winning campaign under Jupp Heynckes, as they lifted the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and Champions League titles.

He scored 11 goals in 43 appearances for the German club throughout the campaign, helping them eliminate Messi's Barca at the semi-final stage of Europe's premier cup competition in the process.

And his performances have now been rewarded with recognition ahead of two of football's leading lights in a prize voted for by 53 European sports journalists.

Messi won the gong the first time it was awarded, but was pushed into second by Barca team-mate Andres Iniesta in 2011-12.

And the Argentine forward also finished runner-up in this year's edition, with Ronaldo coming in third for the third consecutive time.

Ribery's Bayern colleagues Arjen Robben, Thomas Muller and Bastian Schweinsteiger finished fourth, sixth and seventh respectively, with Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski in fifth.

Gareth Bale, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robin van Persie rounded out the top ten.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hoeness attacks Mourinho over 'unqualified comments'

310602_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle61
Aug 30, 2013 8:06:00 AM

The Portuguese coach was irked by the fact that his losing record against the Bavarians' trainer, Pep Guardiola, was brought up in a pre-game press conference

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has hit out at allegedly "unqualified comments" made by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho ahead of Friday's Super Cup showdown between the two sides.

During the pre-game press conference, the Portuguese reacted angrily to a journalist stating that he had won just three of his 15 previous meetings with the Bavarians' new coach, Pep Guardiola, telling his inquisitor, "Your statistics are wrong".

Mourinho later conceded that perhaps it was he who had erred in terms of the head-to-head record but Hoeness was still less than impressed by the way in which the former Inter and Madrid trainer had responded to the line of questioning.

"I do think that the match [against Chelsea] is about prestige," the World Cup winner is quoted as saying by Kicker.

"Especially since Mourinho has, again, made some unqualified comments ahead of the match.

"So, I think our coach will be fired up about this game."

Hoeness has the utmost faith in Guardiola to bring home the trophy, but he did admit that he fears that fortune might once again favour Chelsea, who edged out Bayern on penalties in a dramatic 2012 Champions League final.

"I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope he will win it," he admitted. "However, I'm not sure there won't be certain forces working against the Germans again."

Bayern's eagerly-awaited meeting with Chelsea in Prague is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schalke set to sign Boateng from AC Milan

310663_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle230
Aug 30, 2013 10:15:00 AM

The Ghana international played a key role in sealing the Rossoneri's place in the Champions League group stages earlier this week but is now set to return to Germany

Schalke have announced that they are on the verge of signing Kevin-Prince Boateng from AC Milan, with the attacking midfielder set to undergo a medical with the Bundesliga outfit.

The Ghana international hinted at a return to Germany earlier this month, admitting that he was open to the idea of being reunited with Jurgen Klopp at Borussia Dortmund.

However, the former Hertha Berlin ace is now set to link up with Schalke, with die Knappen taking to Twitter on Friday morning to announce that a deal was imminent.

"Kevin-Prince Boateng is in Gelsenkirchen for a medical check - S04 are about to sign him!"

Boateng's surprise San Siro departure will only intensify speculation that Milan are set to re-sign former idol Kaka, who expressed his wish to leave Real Madrid on Thursday evening.

However, the Rossoneri have also been trying to bring forward the arrival of CSKA Moscow playmaker Keisuke Honda, who has already agreed to move to the Giuseppe Meazza on a free transfer in January.

Boateng, who was born in Germany but represents Ghana at international level, joined Milan from Portsmouth via Genoa in 2010.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

311448_thumb.jpg

Sammer: Guardiola proved he is a magnificent leader
The Bayern Munich coach oversaw a thrilling victory, while Manuel Neuer believes the win represents an important psychological step

310846_thumb.jpg

Guardiola: Lahm cleverest I've coached
The Spaniard led his side to victory on Friday night and praised the full-back as a cut above any professional he has taken charge of in his career to date

311448_thumb.jpg

Ribery: Super Cup for Pep
The winger added another medal to his CV on Friday night and believes the club's latest success is a massive boost for their new coach

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Klopp: Gotze loss irrelevant

304389_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn36
Aug 30, 2013 9:29:00 PM

The midfielder dealt the Champions League runners-up a blow by joining their arch-rivals earlier this summer, but the 46-year-old insists his side are over his departure

Jurgen Klopp says the sale of Mario Gotze to Bayern Munich is already "irrelevant" and backed his Borussia Dortmund side to be even stronger without him.

The 21-year-old stunned BVB by agreeing to move to the Allianz Arena after Bayern met the midfielder's €37 million release clause back in April.

But after guiding Dortmund to three straight wins in as many games at the start of the new Bundesliga season, Klopp insists he is more than over Gotze's departure.

The 46-year-old told reporters: "One can say that there is a chance the team will play even better.
"Mario's transfer has not had a negative impact on us. It would have been nice if it had not happened but from a sporting point of view, his loss is already irrelevant."

Klopp was allowed to reinvest the proceeds of that sale into reinforcing a squad that finished runners-up to Bayern in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League last term.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan was brought in from Shakhtar Donetsk as Gotze's replacement in a €27.5 million deal, while striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang arrived from Saint-Etienne for an undisclosed fee.

And Dortmund were successful in preventing the Bavarians from taking another of their star men, Robert Lewandowski, by insisting the Poland striker see out the remaining 12 months of his contract.

BVB travel to Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday as they bid to make it four wins out of four in the league.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eintracht Frankfurt-Borussia Dortmund Preview: Visitors aiming to go top

Jurgen Klopp's men will be looking to keep up their perfect start to the new Bundesliga season when they travel to the Commerzbank Arena

311380hp2.jpg

By Nicholas McGee

Borussia Dortmund head to Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday knowing that a victory will propel them above Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich.

Jurgen Klopp's men, who were deposed as German champions by Bayern last season before losing to them in the final of the Champions League, go into the game with a 100 per cent record following their 1-0 win against Werder Bremen last Friday.

Dortmund have yet to lose in any form of competitive football this season, also claiming a 4-2 victory against Bayern in the DFL Supercup in July.

Still, Klopp's men will have unhappy memories of this fixture from the previous campaign, when Frankfurt twice came from behind to claim a 3-3 draw in a thrilling encounter.

The visitors are likely to be heavy favourites going into this one, though, with Armin Veh's side's only league win coming against Eintracht Braunschweig last Sunday.

Klopp still expects a tough game against Frankfurt - who should be in buoyant mood after securing qualification for the group stages of the UEFA Europa League with a 4-1 aggregate win over Qarabag.

"I saw the Frankfurt game yesterday (Thursday), they looked fairly good," Klopp said.

"We not only have to play against Eintracht Frankfurt, but also against their huge euphoria.

"I expect an intense game."

Dortmund approach the game with a near fully fit squad, midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (back) and Lukasz Piszczek (hip) their only absentees.

Frankfurt are still without striker Srdjan Lakic (back) - on loan from Wolfsburg - while right-back Sebastian Jung (muscle tear) and attacking midfielder Marc Stendera (knee ligament) are both definitely out.

Robert Lewandowski has put the fallout from his failed move to Bayern behind him to net two goals in his opening three games.

The Pole is not the only star in the Dortmund attack, with the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Marco Reus all in line to feature, and they should be confident of hitting the target against a Frankfurt side that has already conceded seven goals this term.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga Wrap: Stuttgart cruise, Dortmund go top
2 September 2013

359251header.jpg

Stuttgart posted their first Bundesliga win of the season with a 6-2 thrashing of Hoffenheim, while Borussia Dortmund also won on Sunday.

After three successive losses, Stuttgart coach Bruno Labbadia was sacked, with former player Thomas Schneider taking on the job.

And the new man would have been delighted with what he saw, as they cruised to victory thanks to a Vedad Ibisevic hat-trick.

Antonio Rudiger opened the scoring in the 11th minute for the winners, tapping Alexandru Maxim's low cross into an empty net, before Ibisevic opened his account against his former team.

Kevin Volland produced a quick response for Hoffenheim but Romanian Maxim pounced on a mistake by Hoffenheim goalkeeper Koen Casteels to restore Stuttgart's two-goal lead.

And Bosnia international Ibisevic's second – scored just after the break when another Hoffenheim error was capitalised on – effectively sealed the result.

Maxim's excellent afternoon continued when he scored Stuttgart's fifth with a delightful curling effort before Ibisevic netted his third goal of the match from a header.

And although Roberto Firmino scored a late goal for the visitors, it was of little consolation as Stuttgart climbed out of the relegation zone in emphatic style.

The day's other fixture saw Dortmund post a 2-1 win at Eintracht Frankfurt as they made it four wins from as many matches this season.

Dortmund – who have lost just twice on the road since September 2011 – took an early lead through Armenian Henrikh Mkhitaryan, when he slotted past Kevin Trapp after a delightful Jakub Blaszczykowski through-ball.

Vaclav Kadlec was a permanent threat for Frankfurt, and went close to scoring twice in the early stages.

Kadlec eventually got his goal shortly before half-time when he pounced quickly to net the rebound after Stefan Aigner's header hit the post.

But Dortmund were well worth their win, as Mkhitaryan got his second with an outstanding left-foot finish after cutting in from the right.

Neven Subotic hit the post with a header as Dortmund pressed for a third goal, but in the end two was enough as Jurgen Klopp's men moved to the top of the league.

BayernMunich

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

287861_thumb.jpg

Robben: Sneijder brings something extra to Netherlands
The Bayern Munich star has lavished praise on the attacking midfielder and is pleased with the Galatasaray man's return to the national team

262934_thumb.jpg

Germany can neutralise Brazil - Beckenbauer
The former Mannschaft boss has backed his nation to be able to "neutralise" Luiz Felipe Scolari's selection in the World Cup finals next year

198220_thumb.jpg

Official: Schalke loan Barnetta to Frankfurt
The Switzerland international is ecstatic about taking on a new challenge at the Hessian outfit this season, after S04's new arrivals reduced his chances of a starting berth

298050_thumb.jpg

Hofmann set to sign Dortmund extension
BVB have confirmed the talented midfielder is on the verge of signing a new deal at Signal Iduna Park

235661_thumb.jpg

Stoke sign Arnautovic from Werder Bremen
The 24-year-old Austria forward joins Erik Pieters, Marc Muniesa and Oussama Assaidi in moving to the Britannia Stadium this summer after putting pen to paper on a four-year deal

312183_thumb.jpg

Klopp: We have a weapon in Mkhitaryan
The BVB coach was quick to praise the 24-year-old after his double salvo steered Die Schwarzgelben to their fourth win on the trot

312121_thumb.jpg

Frankfurt 1-2 Borussia Dortmund: Magical Mkhitaryan fires Klopp's side top
The Armenian star struck in each half to cancel out Vaclav Kadlec's goal and see BVB leapfrog Bayern Munich with four wins from four in the Bundesliga

279364_thumb.jpg

Grosskreutz: Borussia Dortmund have score to settle in Europe
The Dortmund midfielder admits that his side are hungry for Champions League success after finishing last season as beaten finalists

311015_thumb.jpg

Netzer: Ribery can win the Ballon d'Or
The Borussia Monchengladbach legend backs the France winger to go on to be named world's top player in 2013 after he claimed the Uefa Best Player in Europe award on Thursday

232504_thumb.jpg

Kroos baffled by Mourinho claims
The Bayern Munich midfielder rejects the Portuguese coach's assertions that Chelsea were the better team in Friday's Uefa Super Cup encounter even after Ramires' dismissal

308121_thumb.jpg

Draxler: If Schalke want to sell me, I'll leave
The attacking midfielder expects to still be with the Bundesliga club when the transfer window closes, unless something "extraordinary" happens before Monday night

311863_thumb.jpg

Hamburg ease pressure on Fink
HSV recorded their first victory of the campaign, while Mainz's 100% start came to a crashing end

308942_thumb.jpg

Gotze & Schweinsteiger out of World Cup qualifiers
The duo have both been forced to pull out of Joachim Low's squad for next week's games due to ankle injuries

298833_thumb.jpg

Celtic sign Pukki from Schalke
The 23-year-old Finland international puts pen to paper on a four-year contract, becoming Neil Lennon's sixth signing this summer for the reigning Scottish champions

311448_thumb.jpg

Sammer: Guardiola proved he is a magnificent leader
The Bayern Munich coach oversaw a thrilling victory, while Manuel Neuer believes the win represents an important psychological step

310846_thumb.jpg

Guardiola: Lahm cleverest I've coached
The Spaniard led his side to victory on Friday night and praised the full-back as a cut above any professional he has taken charge of in his career to date