• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ Serie A Season 2012-13 ║║

Givanildo

Alfrescian
Loyal

254926_thumb.jpg

Pirlo: I'm using Liverpool defeat to prepare for Celtic
The Italian refuses to believe the Champions League tie against the Scots is over, and insists the Old Lady must put in a good performance to avoid a shock defeat like in Istanbul

213403_thumb.jpg

Galliani: We nearly signed Xavi and Totti
The AC Milan chief has revealed how close the club came to securing the services of Francesco Totti and Xavi, and reflects on what could have been for Andriy Shevchenko

259570_thumb.jpg

Juventus will win the Scudetto, says Sergio Brio
The retired defender is convinced that no team in Italy can match the Bianconeri and believes they are destined to retain their title this term

20376_thumb.jpg

Suarez would be ideal for Juventus, says Tardelli
The Republic of Ireland assistant coach believes that the former Ajax star would be a fine addition for the Bianconeri, and thinks they can go far in the Champions League this year

260200_thumb.jpg

Comeback kings Stramaccioni & Palacio cover up Inter's gaping holes
The Nerazzurri dug themselves out of a deep hole on Sunday in Catania, yet their gameof two halves showed the size of the task ahead of Andrea Stramaccioni is still huge

240323_thumb.jpg

Galliani: Robinho will only leave Milan for Santos
The former Real Madrid and Manchester City man is happy to stay at his current club, and is specific about where he wishes to return to in his native country

241604_thumb.jpg

Cambiasso: Catania win crucial for Inter
The Argentine midfielder has hailed his side's victory over the Sicilians and is optimistic about the Nerazzurri's chances in Serie A

260289_thumb.jpg

Totti targets Champions League
The 36-year-old, who equalled Gunnar Nordahl's record of 225 goals in Serie A on Sunday, believes a top-three finish is still possible for Roma this season

260200_thumb.jpg

'If the team didn't have guts, there would have been no way back' - Stramaccioni hails Inter resolve
The 37-year-old highlighted the importance of beating Serie A's in-form side, and played down the reported bust-up with Antonio Cassano

260181_thumb.jpg

Palacio hails 'important' Inter win
The Argentine struck twice to seal an incredible comeback win for the Nerazzurri, and is hopeful that his side can use the result as a springboard for the rest of the season

260131_thumb.jpg

Catania 2-3 Inter: Palacio inspires incredible Nerazzurri fightback
Andrea Stramaccioni's side recovered from a disastrous start to snatch victory at the death, with the Argentine's late strike securing all three points

256935_thumb.jpg

Napoli still vying for Serie A title, insists Hamsik
The Slovakian midfielder believes there is still enough time for the Partenopei to close the gap on the league leaders

259858_thumb.jpg

Rizzoli robs supporters of a spectacle as Milan march towards top-three finish
The Rossoneri cruised to victory over 10-man Lazio, but the referee's decision to send off Antonio Candreva and not award a penalty made a mockery of Saturday's big clash

248364_thumb.jpg

Niang: Milan now aiming for second place
The Rossoneri youngster has urged the side to chase the runner-up spot in Serie A this season after overhauling Lazio, and believes they have the quality to secure this ambition

246468_thumb.jpg

AC Milan deserve third place, says Allegri
The 45-year-old has expressed his delight at the resurgence of his side following their disastrous start to the campaign

259890_thumb.jpg

AC Milan 3-0 Lazio: Pazzini double raises Rossoneri into Champions League positions
Massimiliano Allegri's men cruised to victory in a match that they dominated from start to finish against the Biancocelsti, who were reduced to 10 men early in the first half

256817_thumb.jpg

Roma can still finish third, says Andreazzoli
The Italian coach believes that a Champions League qualification place is not out of reach for his Giallorossi side - as long as their good form continues

259664_thumb.jpg

Cassano left out of Inter squad after dressing room bust-up
The former AC Milan forward will miss this weekend's match versus Catania after he was axed from the team following an incident in the locker room

259575_thumb.jpg

Juventus strengthen grip on Scudetto but brutal Cavani elbow proves review rules must change
The Bianconeri moved closer to a second straight title with a 1-1 draw at San Paolo, but the evening's flashpoint reminded football of a point of law that needs to be addressed

259552_thumb.jpg

Peluso: Juventus must always win
The utility player has made it clear that the reigning champions always aim to win and is pleased with their return to form in recent weeks

259568_thumb.jpg

We had more opportunites and deserved three points - Mazzarri
The Partenopei boss feels his side did enough to win against the league leaders and revealed his players thought they should have had two penalties

259570_thumb.jpg

My battle with Cavani was only on the field, says Chiellini
The Italian defender left everything on the pitch between him and the Uruguayan star despite some heated exchanges and feisty clashes at the San Paolo

256056_thumb.jpg

Zanzi wants to make Roma 'biggest club in the world'
The Giallorossi CEO has outlined the club's ambitious plans for world domination while revealing he agreed with the decision to sack former coach Zdenek Zeman

256443_thumb.jpg

Conte satisfied after 'strong' display in Napoli draw
The Italian tactician was happy with his side's performance but lamented his team's inability not to take advantage of their impressive first-half display

258345_thumb.jpg

Inter must secure Champions League place, says Schelotto
The Argentine reflected on his scoring derby debut last weekend, while also speaking about the importance of his side's European hopes

239088_thumb.jpg

Cvitanich dreams of playing in England, Spain or Italy
The 28-year-old Nice striker spoke of his enjoyment of playing in Ligue 1, but stressed his admiration for La Liga, the Premier League and Serie A

258701_thumb.jpg

Inter could sign Icardi, says Moratti
The Nerazzurri supremo has revealed they are keen to sign the former Barca youngster, and has laughed off reports that Javier Zanetti could retire this season

254154_thumb.jpg

Mazzarri: Juventus are more than just Pirlo
The 51-year-old is eagerly anticipating Friday's game against the reigning champions, and is pleased with the Partenopei's return to the top in recent years

254131_thumb.jpg

Juventus could make Sanchez bid as early as next week
The Chilean attacker has been struggling to make an impact at Barca and could be set for a return to Italy this summer

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

260897_thumb.jpg

Maradona: I'd like to coach Napoli one day
The former Argentina trainer feels young coaches, such as himself, are being kept out of the big jobs because of their apparent lack of experience

226708_thumb.jpg

Barzagli: Juventus success built on defence
The Italy centre-back believes the work of the whole side on the defensive side of their game has helped them become one of the best sides in Europe over the past few years

199273_thumb.jpg

De Sciglio: AC Milan want to put the pressure on Napoli
The promising youngster has set his sights on second spot in the table, and is happy to play wherever the coach needs him

246743_thumb.jpg

Capello: Cassano does not know the limits of respect
The Russia boss has had his say on the flamboyant attacker's behaviour after he was dropped from the Inter squad for the match versus Catania

258429_thumb.jpg

Cristante inks AC Milan extension until 2018
The highly-rated youngster has signed a new long-term deal with the San Siro giants as he aims to secure regular first team football in the upcoming years

219114_thumb.jpg

Cassano is a bit special, says Moratti
The Inter supremo feels last week's events should not be given too much attention as the controversial attacker deserves some special treatment

258171_thumb.jpg

Barcelona & Inter wanted to sign El Shaarawy, claims agent
The young attacker's representative has revealed that the Spanish league leaders and the Nerazzurri were keen to sign the 20-year-old

240825_thumb.jpg

Chiellini doubtful for Celtic clash
The experienced defender is being plagued by physical problems and could miss the Champions League encounter versus the Scottish champions

Givanildo

Alfrescian
Loyal

'This is the worst day of my life' - Bendtner apologises after drink-driving arrest

By Nicholas McGee
Mar 6, 2013 1:00:00 AM

239425hp2.jpg

The Danish forward has expressed his regret in court after being found under the influence while behind the wheel, which has seen him banned from international football

Juventus striker Nicklas Bendtner has apologised after being banned from international football for six months following a drink-driving offence.

The Denmark international, who is on loan at the Serie A club from Arsenal, has scored 22 goals in 55 games for his country but will not play international football for six months after being caught driving on the wrong side of the road on Saturday evening.

Speaking in front of the Copenhagen District Court, Bendtner said: "I am incredibly sorry for my actions. I can truly say, that this is the worst day of my life.

"At the same time I take full responsibility for it, for what I have done, but I must go on. I cannot describe how much pain I am going through, but now I want to do all I can to come back strong."

Bendtner's spell with the Italian champions has been blighted by injury. The 25-year-old is yet to score since moving to Turin and has made just eight appearances in Serie A.

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boateng details mature approach

7 March 2013

306788header.jpg

Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng said he is focussing on keeping a positive attitude to his football - both on and off the pitch.

The Ghana international is enjoying a purple patch, having scored twice in his past three matches - including the crucial first goal in their round-of-16 first-leg victory over Barcelona in the Champions League.

But reflecting on his earlier attitudes to professional football on Wednesday, the 26-year-old admitted he made mistakes due to wealth and fame going to his head.

"Only three years ago I realised what I am capable of and what level I could reach," Boateng conceded.

"Beforehand I was only a football player, I loved to play football but I was a child, I was young and I did many things you shouldn't do. So what could I say to a young player? It is difficult.

"If you are thrown into a pool full of money and you are playing in front of 80,000 people, it isn't easy, it wasn't easy for me. It was difficult.

"The only thing I can recommend is to keep your feet on the ground and keep working hard. That is the most important thing."

Boateng said he has developed a 'don't worry, be happy' philosophy that helps him keep his performances in perspective.

"I have always said you should laugh now and leave your crying till later. That's my motto in life, every day you should just laugh because there will always be time for crying later," he said.

"Well, I can't honestly say that I get up every morning and just laugh, needless to say there are sometimes things that annoy me, but I just try to look at everything positively and be happy.

"In any case the most important thing of all is to be healthy. Everything else - winning games, playing well, having the best partner in the world, your lad growing up nice and healthy - is a bonus.

"These are all things that make me happy. What's more, I don't want to see loads of negative things, and I try to shut out negative thoughts as quickly as possible."

Boateng has helped Milan into third spot in Serie A, while they are well poised to oust Barcelona from the Champions League in the last-16 ahead of their second leg at Camp Nou on March 12.

Milan are next in action on Friday night, when they visit Genoa in Serie A.

Bolocks

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Away form worries Petkovic

7 March 2013

306818header.jpg

Lazio coach Vladimir Petkovic has called on his team to improve their away form ahead of their Europa league clash with Stuttgart on Thursday.

Lazio head into the last-16 tie without a win in six away games in all competitions, a run that has seen them slip to fourth in Serie A.

However, an unbeaten record in Europe this season means they will still start favourites in Germany.

"I still have the feeling that Lazio had some difficulties in the past during the away games. This fear has been demonstrated in both the championship and the cup," Petkovic said.

"The performances at home and away are not always the same but that is not a problem that only affects Lazio.

"The opponent has always some advantages if the side plays in front of a home crowd. But great teams solve these problems and play away as strong as they play at home.

"This step is still missing but that is what I expect from my team."

Stuttgart have struggled in recent times and sit 11th in the Bundesliga as a result, but Petkovic still sees plenty of strengths to contend with.

"I think VfB Stuttgart is a good team," he said. "Even though they've had some problems in the past.

"This is a compact team that always works very physically against their opponent. We have to assume that VfB Stuttgart will not lose many home games but we must start with the belief which we have since the past games at international level.

"I do not know if the first leg is set up as a fall. Ahead of the second leg we can give the correct answer."

Bolocks

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
249279_thumb.jpg

Isla can succeed in time at Juventus, insists Marino
The former Udinese coach believes that the Chilean has the technical and tactical nous to succeed at the Bianconeri despite struggling to cement a first-team spot this season

130716_thumb.jpg

Lazio keeping tabs on Sevilla duo Rakitic & Perotti
The Biancocelesti are already planning for next season and have set their sights on the Croatia international and Argentine winger

249394_thumb.jpg

Maldini: De Sciglio still has room for improvement
The Rossoneri legend has offered the youngster words of encouragement, and feels he has the potential to become an even better player over time

250007_thumb.jpg

Quagliarella wants to stay at Juventus, says agent
The former Napoli attacker has been linked with a move away from the Bianconeri, but his representative has insisted he is happy to stay put

Bolocks

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bucchi replaces Bergodi at Pescara

By James Coveney
Mar 6, 2013 10:16:00 PM

260456hp2.jpg

The 36-year-old, who had previously managed the club's youth side, has been appointed ahead of Sunday's game against Atalanta

Pescara have confirmed that their youth team coach, Christian Bucchi, will take over from the sacked Cristiano Bergodi.

The 36-year-old Italian will become the youngest boss in Serie A, taking that title from Inter's Andrea Stramaccioni, and in turn become Pescara’s third coach of the season.

Pescara had previously attempted to enter negotiations with Giovanni Galeone and Marco Giampaolo but were unable to come to a deal with either coach.

“Pescara announced that the team will be headed by Christian Bucchi, who will conduct the first training session this afternoon and will then be presented to the press,” read a statement on the club’s website.

Bergodi was sacked after a 1-0 home defeat to Udinese last weekend, which saw the Serie A newcomers slip to the bottom of the table, level on points with Siena and Palermo.

Bucchi’s first game in charge will be on Sunday, when his new team will travel to Atalanta.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

258075_thumb.jpg

Juventus want to avoid Bayern, says Lichtsteiner
The Turin giants booked their ticket for the Champions League last eight by beating Celtic and the Swiss would rather not meet the Bundesliga leaders in the next round

253326_thumb.jpg

Saha enjoying Lazio challenge
The former France international is trying to adapt to a new country and new league after spending years in the England's top flight but is confident he will succeed

259904_thumb.jpg

Allegri: Red card cost us energy for Barcelona
The AC Milan coach is frustrated with his defender's sending off in their Serie A match as they had to over exert themselves ahead of a crucial European tie against the Blaugrana

261432_thumb.jpg

Antonsson: I'm glad Diamanti and Gilardino play on my team!
The Sweden centre-back has said two of the Italy internationals who play on his team are fantastic players, and believes Manolo Gabbiadini has the potential to be just as good

208486_thumb.jpg

Zanetti: Early Tottenham goal was crucial
The experienced defender rued conceding a goal early in the game but added that the Nerazzurri do not have time to "feel sorry for themselves"

261834_thumb.jpg

Genoa 0-2 AC Milan: Resilient Rossoneri maintain momentum to close on second place
Giampaolo Pazzini scored the opener only to be then forced off through injury, but his replacement, Mario Balotelli, added a second before Kevin Constant saw red

254937_thumb.jpg

Marchisio 'dreams' of Champions League glory
The Bianconeri midfielder says nothing would make him more happier than winning Europe's most prestigious trophy

261520_thumb.jpg

Spurs were far superior to Inter, admits Cambiasso
Inter's veteran midfielder admits his side were outplayed on every level during their 3-0 defeat at White Hart Lane on Thursday evening

252206_thumb.jpg

Bonucci: Conte will not leave Juventus
The 25-year-old defender says that the Italian coach has a deep-rooted love for the Old Lady and will not be tempted away by offers from some of Europe's elite clubs

156548_thumb.jpg

Barcelona have become too relaxed, says Sacchi
The former Milan coach believes that the Blaugrana's success in La Liga leaves them complacent and warns the Rossoneri not to fear the Catalan giants in the Champions League

252149_thumb.jpg

Fiorentina prefer to sell Jovetic abroad, says Prade
The Montenegro international has attracted the interest of a number of big clubs, and a decision on his future will be made this summer

204097_thumb.jpg

Catania will cause Juventus problems, says Padoin
The former Atalanta man has insisted that this weekend's clash should be taken seriously as the Etnei will pose a stern test

256945_thumb.jpg

Stramaccioni frustrated by Inter's failure to score an away goal
The Nerazzurri were well beaten at White Hart Lane on Thursday in the Europa League but the young coach was left to ponder what could have been had they taken their chances

256252_thumb.jpg

Manchester City interested in Jovetic & Berardi, reveals Fiorentina coach
The 23-year-old Viola star is a long-term target for the Premier League champions after failing with a summer move, while the Sassuolo striker has impressed in Serie B this season

255287_thumb.jpg

Lamela: Roma are on the rise
The Giallorossi attacker has stressed he is happy with life at the capital club despite reported interest from Manchester City, and has played down comparisons with Kaka

217923_thumb.jpg

Inter do not fear Bale, says Juan Jesus
The 21-year-old is eagerly anticipating Thursday's match at White Hart Lane, and feels the Giuseppe Meazza side are feeling the absence of Walter Samuel

261240_thumb.jpg

Juventus are always hungry for success, says Conte
The Bianconeri trainer has stressed that the Italian champions are desperate for silverware, but has warned that they must remain focused to achieve their goals

252207_thumb.jpg

Bonucci: Juventus can go all the way in Champions League
The defender is confident that the Bianconeri can spring a surprise in Europe, and has urged them to turn their focus to Serie A again

249072_thumb.jpg

Buffon: Tactical awareness Juventus' biggest strength
The experienced goalkeeper has voiced his delight with the Bianconeri's performance, and believes they need a bit of luck if they are to win the competition

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Battle for Scudetto heats up

7 March 2013

306854header.jpg

The top sides in Serie A will fancy their chances of victory this weekend, with the top three each tackling teams well below them in the table.

Champions Juventus, fresh from securing their place in the last eight of the Champions League at the expense of Scottish club Celtic, host eighth-placed Catania.

Catania are in reasonable touch at the moment - winning two of their past three matches before going down 3-2 to Inter Milan in a thriller last weekend.

Juventus, meanwhile, have taken only four points from a possible nine in their past three matches, probably the worst run of form for Antonio Conte's side this season.

Second-placed Napoli, who are six points behind Juve, visit 16th-placed Chievo on Sunday, while on Friday Milan, who are in third place and 11 points behind Juventus, visit 17th-placed Genoa.

Milan are unbeaten in nine Serie A matches, and during that time posted a 2-0 win over Barcelona in the Champions League to make them the form team of Serie A at the moment.

On Saturday, Roma try and continue their three-match winning run under new coach Aurelio Andreazzoli when they visit Udinese, and Atalanta host second-bottom Pescara in the day's other game.

Fourth meets sixth on Sunday when Vladimir Petkovic's Lazio entertain Fiorentina, with the Rome-based club keen to bounce back from their 3-0 thumping from Milan in their last league game.

Inter Milan are level with Lazio on 47 points, one behind Milan, and they welcome 11th-placed Bologna to San Siro, while Sampdoria visit Cagliari.

Other Sunday matches see Siena visit Palermo, with both teams desperate to escape the relegation zone, and Torino journey to Parma.

Bolocks

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Genoa 0 Milan 2

9 March 2013

307013header.jpg

AC Milan consolidated third position in Serie A with a hard-fought 2-0 victory over relegation-threatened Genoa on Friday.

Milan were nowhere near their best at the Luigi Ferraris and had Kevin Constant sent off in the second half but did enough to claim all three points courtesy of goals from Giampaolo Pazzini and Mario Balotelli.

Massimiliano Allegri's men, heading into the game on the back of a rousing win against rivals Lazio, made a subdued start with Genoa looking the more likely during a cagey opening quarter.

The visitors suddenly sparked into life midway through the first half when M'baye Niang unleashed a curling effort from the right-hand side of the area that Sebastien Frey pushed away to safety.

But in the 22nd minute Milan went ahead after Pazzini crashed home a wonderful drive from the edge of the area.

It was a terrific strike made all the more remarkable by the fact that Pazzini had, just moments beforehand, suffered an ankle injury that would force him from the field immediately after his goal.

Pazzini's withdrawal resulted in an early introduction for the fit-again Balotelli, who announced his return with a needless push on Juan Manuel Vargas that earned the volatile striker a booking.

Genoa emerged from the interval full of enthusiasm as they went in search of an equaliser but Milan were always dangerous on the counter attack.

And the hosts' chances of salvaging a point were dashed on the hour mark when Balotelli whipped the ball past Frey and into the bottom left corner for his fifth goal since leaving Manchester City in January.

Genoa received a glimmer of hope seven minutes later after Constant was shown a second yellow card for throwing his forehand into the face of Cesare Bovo but Milan held firm to keep their seventh clean sheet of the season.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Udinese 1 Roma 1
10 March 2013

307133header.jpg

Roma and Udinese played out an entertaining 1-1 draw in their Serie A clash at Stadio Friuli on Saturday.

Erik Lamela's 20th-minute opener was cancelled out by Luis Muriel just after the hour-mark as Aurelio Andreazzoli's side had to settle for a point.

Thomas Heurtaux was sent off for the hosts in the 73rd minute, but Roma were unable to find a winner in the wet conditions.

After their fourth consecutive league match without tasting defeat, Roma are seventh, while Udinese sit ninth after their 11th draw of the campaign.

Roma started well and after Alessandro Florenzi had wasted a good chance, he was involved in the opener.

Florenzi met a cross from Francesco Totti but saw his header saved by Zeljko Brkic, with the rebound bouncing off the crossbar.

But Lamela reacted quickest, scrambling home the rebound from an angle to give Roma the lead.

Udinese created several opportunities in the second half and equalised thanks to a fine goal from Muriel on 62 minutes.

The Colombian beat two markers before firing a powerful low strike at goal, his effort going through the legs of Maarten Stekelenburg.

Despite Heurtaux being sent off for a reckless challenge on Florenzi, Roma were unable to find a winner.

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Chievo upset slumping Napoli, Juve extend lead
11 March 2013

307217header.jpg

A scorching long-range goal from Boukary Drame has inspired Chievo to a 2-0 win over Napoli, allowing Juventus to extend their lead in Serie A.

Chievo scored twice in the first half on Sunday to set up their victory, while Napoli extended their winless streak to six games in all competitions after Edinson Cavani missed a second-half penalty.

Drame's thumping left-foot strike gave Chievo the lead in the 12th minute as he blasted the ball past Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis from over 30 metres out.

Chievo made it 2-0 just before half-time when Cyril Thereau brought down Nicolas Frey's long ball and finished from a tight angle under De Sanctis.

The visitors' day went from bad to worse in the second half as Cavani's spot kick was saved by Chievo goalkeeper Christian Puggioni in the 59th minute - Napoli's Uruguayan striker extending his goalless streak to eight games for his club.

Napoli's loss allowed Serie A leaders Juventus to move nine points clear at the top of the table after Emanuele Giaccherini's goal in second-half stoppage time saw them beat Catania 1-0.

After dominating the match in Turin, Juventus finally found a way through the visitors' defence in the 91st minute when Giaccherini controlled a loose ball in Catania's penalty area and thumped it into the net.

Paul Pogba was the creator, bringing down a high ball on the right-hand side of the penalty area and then chipping it to the back post, causing panic in Catania's defence, which Giaccherini took advantage of.

Parma was the biggest winner of the day with Amauri scoring a hat-trick in a 4-1 demolition of Torino.

After a goalless first half, Torino opened the scoring in the 56th minute but Parma produced a breathtaking final 13 minutes to destroy the visitors with Amauri scoring three of the home side's four goals.

In other results, Cagliari thumped Sampdoria 3-1, Siena triumphed 2-1 in Sicily against Palermo and Atalanta defeated Pescara also 2-1.

In Sunday's later games, Inter Milan suffered a shock 1-0 loss at home to Bologna while Fiorentina recorded a vital 2-0 win over Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico.

The results see Fiorentina move into fourth place on the table with 48 points, leapfrogging both Inter and Lazio, who are locked on 47 points after 28 games.

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

256809_thumb.jpg

Title race not over yet, insists Mazzarri
The 51-year-old coach is not giving up Napoli's pursuit of the Scudetto this season, despite their chances being dealt a huge blow by falling nine points behind Juventus

256945_thumb.jpg

It would be unforgivable for Inter to throw in the towel, says Stramaccioni
The Nerazzurri head coach defended his team after Sunday night's 1-0 defeat at San Siro to Bologna, and says the side are "angry and sad" with second loss in three days

249072_thumb.jpg

Buffon: Juventus won six points
The Bianconeri goalkeeper is delighted with how the side's 1-0 win over Catania has propelled them nine points clear at the top of the Serie A table

262562_thumb.jpg

Inter 0-1 Bologna: Gilardino dents Nerazzurri's top-three aspirations
The hitman condemned Andrea Stramaccioni's men to defeat in Javier Zanetti's 600th match, in what was another poor showing that leaves them adrift of third place

262437_thumb.jpg

My goal could have ended title race, says Giaccherini
The winger's stoppage-time strike ensured that the Bianconeri's blushes were saved and put nine points between the reigning Serie A champions and second-placed Napoli

262376_thumb.jpg

Juventus 1-0 Catania: Late Giaccherini strike moves hosts nine points clear
The substitute's last-gasp winner broke the visitors' hearts after a superb defensive display had frustrated Antonio Conte's team for much of the match

261954_thumb.jpg

Pazzini out of Barcelona clash
The striker was forced off with an ankle injury after scoring in the win over Genoa, and has been omitted from Massimiliano Allegri's 22-man squad for the trip to Camp Nou

257516_thumb.jpg

Zanetti: I am proud to be part of this Inter family
The Nerazzurri captain spoke of his great affection for the club as he prepares to reach the remarkable milestone of his 600th Serie A appearance

258425_thumb.jpg

Where would Juventus’ second-choice team finish in Serie A?
The Bianconeri have built a fantastic squad over the past two years, giving them plenty of chance to rotate, but would Italy's big clubs benefit from being allowed a second side?

261946_thumb.jpg

Balotelli reveals Milan derby frustration
The Italy front man has spoken of his happiness at the way he has fitted in at his new club but has admitted that there have already been some frustrating moments

213450_thumb.jpg

Without Pazzini, Milan have a problem - Tassotti
The Rossoneri assistant coach has stated that he believes the Italian striker is vital to the team's success and that his absence against Barcelona would present a major problem

262156_thumb.jpg

Barcelona are 'psyched' for AC Milan game, says Roura
The temporary coach insists the routine win over Deportivo has left his men fired up ahead of the Champions League second leg game against the Rossoneri

248346_thumb.jpg

Raiola promises that Pogba will not leave Juventus
The influential agent has quashed talk that the French midfielder is heading for an exit from the Serie A side, adding that the former Manchester United player is settled in Turin

261225_thumb.jpg

Stramaccioni targets Champions League place
The Inter coach has admitted that the aim for his side is to make a return to the Champions League, but he acknowledged that it will not be an easy target to hit

190515_thumb.jpg

Platini: Champions League wide open if Barcelona exit
The Uefa president hailed Juventus' faith in homegrown players, while professing his belief that the Blaugrana will struggle to overcome their two-goal deficit

258168_thumb.jpg

Boateng: El Shaarawy has huge potential
The attacking midfielder believes his young team-mate is destined for greatness, and has admitted he has made mistakes in the past

233025_thumb.jpg

Montolivo: Milan must make sacrifices against Barcelona
The midfielder is looking forward to the second leg of their Champions League tie, and has voiced his satisfaction with the league win over Genoa

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Palermo sack Gasperini

Mar 11, 2013 4:44:00 PM

260069hp2.jpg

The 55-year-old, who was recalled to the post after his successor Alberto Malesani was dismissed at the end of February, survived just two games in his latest spell with the club

Palermo have confirmed that they have parted company with coach Gian Piero Gasperini just two games into the coach's latest stint at the club.

The former Inter boss was re-appointed as the Serie A bottom club's boss at the end of last month, replacing Alberto Malesani, who himself had only been at the helm for 19 days.

However, following a 0-0 draw with Torino and a 2-1 defeat to Siena on Sunday, club president Maurizio Zamparini has decided once more to part ways with the 55-year-old.

"After a meeting between the board of directors, Giorgio Perinetti and Gian Piero Gasperini, Palermo announces that an agreement has been reached with the coach for the consensual termination of his contract," a statement read.

Gasperini's previous spell at the club only ended on February 4, before Malesani was placed in charge for less than three weeks.

Early reports in Italy suggest Giuseppe Sannino, who was sacked by Zamparini in September last year, could be recalled to replace Gasperini at the helm. He would become the 27th coaching appointment at the club since 2002.

Earlier on Monday, Zamparini launched a tirade against his players following their defeat to fellow strugglers Siena.

"We cannot do anything to attain salvation, I think it's crazy just to think that. We need a lot of luck, and my players have not proven themselves to be real men on the pitch this year," he told Itasportpress.

"In the 30 years I've been in football, I have only been relegated twice with Venezia, and twice we came back to Serie A. I will only be resigned [to relegation] through mathematics, but the current situation is really bad."

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Inter deluded & angry over poor form' - Moratti

By Chris Kvesa
Mar 11, 2013 4:35:00 PM

258701hp2.jpg

The Nerazzurri president has conceded that morale is low in Andrea Stramaccioni's squad and admitted his distaste at their 1-0 loss to Bologna

Inter president Massimo Moratti has voiced his displeasure over his side's poor run of form, saying they need to overcome the "delusion and anger" that has built up recently.

The Nerazzurri have seen their pursuit of a top-three finish rocked by a 1-0 home defeat to Bologna on Saturday, while they stare Europa League elimination in the face after a 3-0 first-leg loss to Tottenham in the round of 16.

"Yesterday was a real collapse, especially in the first half," the 67-year-old told reporters.

"There is great delusion and anger, but we also need to be cool in evaluating things and searching to rebuild morale and rebuild physically.

"A question of psychology or preparation for the game? Maybe both those things; then everything adds up, but yesterday everything was thrown away at once and that is a serious thing."

The president also refused to offer any guarantees over the long-term futures of coach Andrea Stramaccioni and sporting director Marco Branca.

"Branca has said he and Stramaccioni will remain? He said that the president will decide, and I am of the same opinion."

Edinson Cavani

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jovetic unwilling to increase buy-out clause

15 March 2013

307567header.jpg

Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic will not discuss a new release clause being inserted into his contract, according to his agent.

Manchester City reportedly have first option on the Montenegrin, having negotiated such as part of the deal that saw them sign centre-back Matija Nastasic in the off-season.

And with plenty of Europe's biggest clubs likely to be interested in the 23-year-old at the end of the season, his representative Fali Ramadani said there was no need to increase his client's current 30-million euro buy-out trigger.

"A new clause with Fiorentina? There is already one valid at 30 million euros and we won't change that," Ramadani told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Jovetic has failed to hit the same heady heights as last season so far this campaign but has still contributed 12 goals in 23 league appearances for the Serie A outfit.

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

263741_thumb.jpg

Gallas ‘disappointed’ with racist chants endured in Milan
The Tottenham defender has voiced his displeasure at racial taunts suffered by Spurs players at San Siro on Thursday and understands why abused players walk off the pitch

252284_thumb.jpg

Seedorf eyes coaching future
The former Rossoneri star has started to think about life after he has hung up his boots, while discussing a potential return to the San Siro in the future

263901_thumb.jpg

Conte: Juventus are underdogs for Bayern clash
The Bianconeri coach believes the showdown between the current league leaders in Italy and Germany will be a terrific contest and insists die Roten will have the advantage

143471_thumb.jpg

Kick It Out urge Uefa to act over Tottenham racism incident at Inter
Lord Herman Ouseley, chair of the campaign, believes the governing body must take action after Spurs players suffered abuse during their last-16 Europa League tie with Inter

263200_thumb.jpg

El Shaarawy: Milan must focus on Serie A again after Barcelona loss
The Italy international has set his sights on automatic qualification for next year's Champions League and has urged his team-mates to move on from the loss versus Barca

238653_thumb.jpg

'Several' Russian clubs interested in Bendtner, claims agent
Despite failing to impress while on a season-long loan deal with Juventus, the Arsenal striker is attracting admirers from England, Italy and the oil-rich league

247923_thumb.jpg

Giaccherini plays down Juventus' Scudetto hopes
The versatile attacker says that the title race is not over just yet, and has underlined the importance of the next few weeks for the Old Lady

252882_thumb.jpg

Moratti: Inter proved critics wrong
The club president felt his side put in a strong performance to silence their critics, and wants them to keep up their current form

258696_thumb.jpg

Gilardino eager to play for Italy at World Cup 2014
The 30-year-old is determined to feature for the Azzurri at the tournament and believes he can play on for more than five seasons

262438_thumb.jpg

Pogba honoured by first France call-up
The 19-year-old has been rewarded for his performances in Serie A by being named in Didier Deschamps' latest squad

263039_thumb.jpg

Zanetti: We saw the real Inter in the second leg
The veteran full-back was pleased with his side's display and feels they must use the performance as a springboard for the rest of the season

261258_thumb.jpg

Juventus have Conte's characteristics, says Jugovic
The 43-year-old says the Old Lady have displayed the same desire and strength as their current leader

263584_thumb.jpg

Mihajlovic: I want to be Inter boss
The former Nerazzurri defender would love to return to the club as coach, but wants to see current boss Andrea Stramaccioni to be a success

202049_thumb.jpg

Varane & Pogba in France squad to face Georgia & Spain
The teenage pair have been rewarded for their breakthrough campaigns at European giants Real Madrid and Juventus with call-ups to Didier Deschamps' latest Bleus selection

261277_thumb.jpg

Wolfsburg turn attention back to Quagliarella
The former German champions are closely monitoring the situation of the Bianconeri forward, and are also keeping tabs on Alessio Cerci

238653_thumb.jpg

Bendtner must take 'step down' in search for new club, says Arnesen
The Dane has failed to score a goal while on loan at Juventus, and the Hamburg sporting director - who the Gunner has previously rejected - says he must make more realistic choices

150871_thumb.jpg

Chivu: Inter should not dwell on past achievements
The 32-year-old has voiced his opinion that there is no time to think about the club's recent successes as they are re-building the team

245872_thumb.jpg

Zapata: Milan must bounce back in Serie A
The Colombia defender says the Rossoneri must forget about their collapse to Barcelona and focus on securing automatic qualification for next season's Champions League

208477_thumb.jpg

Chivu: Players must take responsibility for form
The Romanian defender says that the players must take the lion’s share of the blame for their recent defeats, and defended coach Andrea Stramaccioni

232303_thumb.jpg

Longo happy to extend Espanyol stay
The on-loan Inter striker says he is prepared to spend another season in La Liga and admits it is a dream to play in the Premier League

260200_thumb.jpg

My future will be decided at the end of season - Stramaccioni
The Nerazzurri coach feels that individual results will not decide whether he will stay at the club as his side prepare to face Tottenham

228840_thumb.jpg

Juventus lack a real top striker, says Deschamps
The 44-year-old has highlighted the lack of a great striker as one of the Bianconeri's weaknesses as they aim for Champions League glory

231689_thumb.jpg

Rami and Varane must start against Spain, insists Mexes
The AC Milan central defender thinks his country should look to their younger players ahead of two important qualifying matches for the 2014 World Cup

210897_thumb.jpg

Sannino confirmed as new Palermo coach
The trainer, who began the season with the Rosanero, returns with 10 matches remaining to save the Sicilian side from relegation after a very disappointing campaign

242573_thumb.jpg

Ibrahimovic on par with Messi & Ronaldo, says Nedved
The former Juventus star has nothing but respect for the towering attacker and would love to lure him back to Turin

183560_thumb.jpg

De Ceglie heading for Juventus exit
The former Italy Under-21 international's spell with the Serie A leaders is likely to end come the conclusion of the season

141598_thumb.jpg

Kucka set to join AC Milan
The Slovakia international is on his way to the San Siro outfit after both clubs successfully concluded talks after Friday's Serie A encounter

204345_thumb.jpg

The door is always open for Cassano, insists Prandelli
The Italy coach has stressed that his focus is on developing the side around the young Azzurri talent, but maintains the experienced forward could still have a part to play

258701_thumb.jpg

'Inter deluded & angry over poor form' - Moratti
The Nerazzurri president has conceded that morale is low in Andrea Stramaccioni's squad and admitted his distaste at their 1-0 loss to Bologna

262422_thumb.jpg

Coaches fall in love with Giaccherini, says agent
The player's representative says his client's ability to play in several different positions makes him a valuable asset for any team

216848_thumb.jpg

Man City target Jovetic fully focused on Fiorentina
The Montenegrin has insisted that all of his attention is on matters at the Artemio Franchi as Vincenzo Montella's side chase a Champions League spot

262422_thumb.jpg

Juventus all but clinch the Scudetto - now they can focus on the Champions League
After moving nine points clear at the summit of Serie A, the Bianconeri are now in the enviable position of being able to rotate players in the league with Europe in mind

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Pressure on Napoli as Juve near Scudetto

15 March 2013

307561header.jpg

Juventus will look to further close in on the Serie A title at Bologna, while Napoli risk losing second place when they host Atalanta.

Defending champions Juventus moved nine points clear at top of the table last week following a 1-0 victory at home to Catania.

For 90 minutes it seemed Juventus would be held to a scoreless draw, before substitute Emanuele Giaccherini broke the deadlock in stoppage time.

The result was a heartbreaking one for Napoli, who all but conceded defeat in the title race after a shock 2-0 loss at Chievo.

Juventus tackle Bologna on Saturday, where striker Manolo Gabbiadini will come up against one of the clubs who owns him.

Gabbiadini moved to Bologna on loan last August after Juventus purchased 50 percent of his contract from Atalanta.

"We know that the city is eagerly awaiting this game. It is an important match and we are preparing for it as we do every week," he told the Bologna website.

"Nor will it be a different game for me. With all due respect to which opponent I have in front of me, I will not be affected by anyone."

With just four points in five matches, Napoli could slip to third spot if they lose to Atalanta on Sunday.

Napoli were once considered genuine threats to Juventus, but could miss out on a European berth altogether with AC Milan, Fiorentina, Inter Milan and Lazio looming.

In other Sunday matches, Milan, two points behind Napoli, are expected to beat bottom-placed Palermo, while Fiorentina entertain Genoa, who could fall into the relegation zone if they fail to cause an upset.

Inter, stunned by Bologna last week, travel to 11th-placed Sampdoria, and Lazio will aim to bounce back from two straight losses when they tackle Torino.

Seventh-placed Roma, unbeaten in four games, take on 12th-placed Parma, while relegation-threatened Siena, fresh from their victory over Palermo, journey to 13th-placed Cagliari.

Pescara , reeling from four consecutive losses, welcome 16th-placed Chievo, and eighth-placed Catania take on ninth-placed Udinese in the opening match of the weekend on Saturday.

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Several' Russian clubs interested in Bendtner, claims agent

By Oliver Wheeler
Mar 15, 2013 9:55:00 AM

238653hp2.jpg

Despite failing to impress while on a season-long loan deal with Juventus, the Arsenal striker is attracting admirers from England, Italy and the oil-rich league

Arsenal forward Nicklas Bendtner is interesting a number of Russian clubs, according to the player's agent.

The 25-year-old has struggled to impress during his current season-long loan deal at Juventus, where he has failed to score in just eight first-team appearances after being hampered by injury.

Hamburg sporting director Frank Arnesen recently hit out at Bendtner after snubbing a move to the Bundesliga side, urging him to to find a club more in keeping with his ability - but the striker's representative, Tom Brooks, has claimed that a number of Russian clubs are keen on the Dane.

"We’ve had contact several times with Russian teams," Brooks told Russian newspaper Izvestia.

"Interest has also been shown by English and Italian clubs and Nicklas would like to play regularly in the Champions League."

Samuel Eto'o and Hulk are amoung the recent high-profile transfers to the league, with wealthy owners dominating the 16-team competition.

He added: "A large number of talented players have gone to Russia in recent years. If a solid proposal arrives, we will consider it."