• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“Goh Meng Seng is a Squirrel of a Man Who Doesn’t Dare Go it Alone”

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I refer to your stories on Goh Meng Seng’s impending return to politics, and his vision as Singapore’s PM.

Former NSP Secretary-general Goh Meng Seng has finally mustered enough courage to emulate M Ravi and throw in his lot in declaring that he intends to contest in the coming General Elections.

But the difference between him and Ravi is that the latter is transparent and bold enough to state unequivocally that he intends to form an independent team to contest against the PM in Ang Mo Kio GRC.

Brash he may be but I appreciate his brashness and candidness, and wish him all the very best in his endeavour.

As for this squirrel of a man Goh Meng Seng who has been in and out of the political scene at his own convenience, he has nothing concrete yet to announce save for his intention to contest.

Big deal to him but I for one would want to know who he is joining and where he is heading to. Is he going to keep this a secret until nearing the election?

What has he to fear?

Why make an announcement and leave unanswered questions? If he wants transparency from the PAP, then he should set the standard and not beat around the bush.

My guess is Goh cannot return to the WP. LTK and Sylvia will never take him back – not because he has an overly inflated ego and refuses to toe the party line, but simply because they have much better candidates than him.

For a person who is still harping that he was the former SG of NSP, my calculated guess is that he will try to engineer a return to the party. I mean where else can he go?

He needs a platform to contest and volunteers to help him campaign. What’s better than to have a party with all the resources?

If this is the case, then there is no mistake in me labelling Goh a self-indulgent and narcissistic man, someone who cares only for his own interest. He left the NSP shortly after the 2011 GE because he felt that he was too big for the party.

He thought that without his leadership, the party would plunge into the abyss. Well, he was proven wrong. The party flag is still unfurled no thanks to him. In fact, they will emerge stronger after their recent OPC where they were rid of problematic people and dead wood.

Witnessing the change of event, he is eyeing a return to the party which he had so unceremoniously abandoned just to suit his needs. To the new NSP CEC, my advice is not to touch him even with a 10 foot long barge pole or you will live to regret it.

To Goh meng Seng, I present him with this old Chinese saying;` A good horse will not return to eat at the old pasture’.

If you think you are worth your weight in gold, be bold enough to go independent and not take the easy way out. Let this be a test of your mettle.

Only then will you gain my respect and those who had rooted for you at the last election.

Can he do it fairly and squarely?

Only time will tell.

This letter was written by Tan Ah Lee.
Send us your letters at [email protected]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...As for this squirrel ....

SecretSquirrel.png

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS has poor vision! He shouldn't have put NS into Marine Parade GRC.

He wasted her talents.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS has poor vision! He shouldn't have put NS into Marine Parade GRC.

He wasted her talents.
poor vision yes and also greedy, trying to leapfrog wp to become oppo party no.1

how else do you explain his embarrassing decision to spread his resource, candidates thinner than the kaya on the coffeeshop breakfast set 1?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
So you see, how wrong you can be? How does it feel? :wink:

There is no need to make comparisons with anybody. M Ravi has decided not to contest anymore while, no, I didn't go back to NSP nor WP. And nope, I have proven the author wrong here that I have strong beliefs and ideology, so much so that I chose to form my own party instead of joining any of the existing ones.

Don't be too presumptuous in your thinking and writing over somebody like me whom you hardly know in person.

Goh Meng Seng

I refer to your stories on Goh Meng Seng’s impending return to politics, and his vision as Singapore’s PM.

Former NSP Secretary-general Goh Meng Seng has finally mustered enough courage to emulate M Ravi and throw in his lot in declaring that he intends to contest in the coming General Elections.

But the difference between him and Ravi is that the latter is transparent and bold enough to state unequivocally that he intends to form an independent team to contest against the PM in Ang Mo Kio GRC.

Brash he may be but I appreciate his brashness and candidness, and wish him all the very best in his endeavour.

As for this squirrel of a man Goh Meng Seng who has been in and out of the political scene at his own convenience, he has nothing concrete yet to announce save for his intention to contest.

Big deal to him but I for one would want to know who he is joining and where he is heading to. Is he going to keep this a secret until nearing the election?

What has he to fear?

Why make an announcement and leave unanswered questions? If he wants transparency from the PAP, then he should set the standard and not beat around the bush.

My guess is Goh cannot return to the WP. LTK and Sylvia will never take him back – not because he has an overly inflated ego and refuses to toe the party line, but simply because they have much better candidates than him.

For a person who is still harping that he was the former SG of NSP, my calculated guess is that he will try to engineer a return to the party. I mean where else can he go?

He needs a platform to contest and volunteers to help him campaign. What’s better than to have a party with all the resources?

If this is the case, then there is no mistake in me labelling Goh a self-indulgent and narcissistic man, someone who cares only for his own interest. He left the NSP shortly after the 2011 GE because he felt that he was too big for the party.

He thought that without his leadership, the party would plunge into the abyss. Well, he was proven wrong. The party flag is still unfurled no thanks to him. In fact, they will emerge stronger after their recent OPC where they were rid of problematic people and dead wood.

Witnessing the change of event, he is eyeing a return to the party which he had so unceremoniously abandoned just to suit his needs. To the new NSP CEC, my advice is not to touch him even with a 10 foot long barge pole or you will live to regret it.

To Goh meng Seng, I present him with this old Chinese saying;` A good horse will not return to eat at the old pasture’.

If you think you are worth your weight in gold, be bold enough to go independent and not take the easy way out. Let this be a test of your mettle.

Only then will you gain my respect and those who had rooted for you at the last election.

Can he do it fairly and squarely?

Only time will tell.

This letter was written by Tan Ah Lee.
Send us your letters at [email protected]