• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘American Pie’ singer Don McLean arrested on suspicion of domestic violence

Bitcoin

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘American Pie’ singer Don McLean arrested on suspicion of domestic violence

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 19 January, 2016, 9:46am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 19 January, 2016, 9:46am

Tribune News Service

44463b1a-be4d-11e5-9503-d84cbca18933_1280x720.jpg

A photo provided by Knox County Jail shows Don McLean’s January 18 mugshot. He was arrested on a misdemeanour domestic violence charge in Maine. Photo: AP

Don McLean, the singer-songwriter best known for the classic American Pie, has been arrested on a domestic violence charge.

The 70-year-old was arrested early Monday on suspicion of misdemeanour assault and released from Knox County Jail after a couple of hours on US$10,000 bail, a law enforcement source said.

Police responded to a 911 call made around 2am from the Camden, Maine, home he shares with wife Patrisha McLean, the Portland Press Herald reported. The singer was arrested without incident, Camden Police Chief Randy Gagne told the outlet.

The charge is the lowest level of assault crime, police told WCSH-TV Channel 6.

Patrisha McLean, Don McLean’s wife since 1987, is a photographer. The couple, who have two adult children, have lived in Camden for more than 20 years.

The singer has a February 22 appearance scheduled at Knox County Superior Court in Rockland, Maine, according to the Wiscasset Newspaper. Courts were closed Monday for the Martin Luther King Jr holiday.

The court date works with his tour schedule: McLean has performances on tap at the end of January in Chicago and a couple of Texas venues. He’ll hit Southern California — La Mirada specifically — on March 5, then it’s off to Australia for 11 dates before he returns for U.S. shows in Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

McLean sold the original, handwritten manuscript of his 8 1/2-minute epic American Pie last April for US$1.2 million.

“I have two children and a wife, and none of them seem to have the mercantile instinct,” McLean told Rolling Stone before the auction. “I want to get the best deal that I can for them. It’s time.”

“Over the years I’ve dealt with all these stupid questions of ‘Who’s that?’ and ‘Who’s that?’” he told the magazine. “These are things I never had in my head for a second when I wrote the song. I was trying to capture something very ephemeral and I did, but it took a long time.”

In a statement released to Christie’s when the auction was announced, he said: “It was an indescribable photograph of America that I tried to capture in words and music and then was fortunate enough through the help of others to make a successful recording.”