• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ξ Barclays Premier League Season 2015-16 Ξ

DeBruyne

Alfrescian
Loyal

IN FULL: Chelsea's official statement on Mourinho sacking

2376432_heroa.jpg

By Tom Beck
Dec 17, 2015 15:30:00

The 52-year-old has been sacked by the reigning Premier League champions and the club insist "it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways"

Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Chelsea just seven months after he won the Premier League title, although the club's official statement claims that both parties have agreed on the decision.

The 52-year-old had remained adamant that he would not quit the club, who currently sit 16th in the Premier League with only 15 points from 16 games.

But Chelsea now claim that Mourinho has accepted that "results have not been good enough this season" and that his exit was the best course of action.

CHELSEA'S STATEMENT IN FULL

"Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today parted company by mutual consent.

"All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013.

"His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history.

"But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways.

"The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much-loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge."

Martinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ranieri and Shevchenko laugh off Chelsea job talk

17 December 2015 19:11

976517header.jpg

Claudio Ranieri and Andriy Shevchenko have both laughed off the prospect of becoming Chelsea's next manager following Jose Mourinho's departure.

Mourinho was axed at Stamford Bridge on Thursday following a disastrous run of nine defeats from 16 Premier League games to open the season after winning last year's title.

Ranieri, currently in charge of leaders Leicester City, insisted any reports linking him with a return to his former club - who Leicester beat 2-1 on Monday - were pure speculation.

"I think only about Leicester now," he said. "That is speculation. I am an old man and I have read a lot of speculation.

"But of course it's much better this kind of speculation than Greece speculation of course."

Former Chelsea striker Shevchenko, meanwhile, suggested he was not yet ready to begin a career in management.

Speaking at the Kuwait Champions Challenge, the 39-year-old laughed when asked if he wanted to manage the Blues and said: "Listen, I won't start my career for another year yet. When I have started, it will probably be the right question for me.

"Right now, I'm still thinking about by career as in management like as a sporting director or working in administration of a club. Maybe I will soon start my own career as a manager."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jose Mourinho sacking means Eva Carneiro could make dramatic return to Chelsea

Roman Abramovich's decision to ditch his misfiring coach could pave the way for sacked doctor to return

eva-carneiro_3529772b.jpg

Comeback trail: Eva Carneiro was relieved of her duties at Chelsea earlier this year Photo: REX

By Ben Rumsby
6:06PM GMT 17 Dec 2015

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea could pave the way for a dramatic return to the club by Eva Carneiro, Telegraph Sport has learnt.

But it may also leave Mourinho personally liable for massive damages over his treatment of his former first-team doctor if the Premier League champions allow the case to be taken to an employment tribunal without having indemnified their ousted manager.

Carneiro’s constructive dismissal claim is understood to include a formal request for reinstatement in the event of Mourinho’s untimely departure.

Representatives for her would not be drawn last night on whether she would definitely take her old job back if Chelsea offered it to her, while the club did not respond to requests for comment.

The deadline for them to submit their defences against her claim with London South Employment Tribunal was midnight yesterday, although the sacking of Mourinho may have prompted them to seek an extension.

Eva-Carneiro_3402375b.jpg

Carneiro attracted Mourinho's ire in the first game of the season

A private hearing at the Croydon courtroom was scheduled for January 6 at which Carneiro’s lawyers were expected to seek her reinstatement, damages for sex discrimination from Mourinho, as well as personal injury compensation and aggravated damages from the club.

Unless a deal is struck before or during that hearing in front of a senior judge, a date for a full tribunal will be fixed, most likely in the second week of June.

While Mourinho was employed by Chelsea, he could have expected the club to foot the entirety of any legal bill.

They did not respond to requests for comment on whether they would indemnify him now he is no longer employed.

Eva Carneiro taking Chelsea to court after both sides fail to agree severance package

eva-carneiro1_3486667b.jpg

Dr Carneiro is planning to take Chelsea to court Photo: PA

Carneiro’s banishing from the bench by Mourinho for treating Eden Hazard on the opening day of the season and subsequent departure appears to have been a key factor in the Portuguese’s downfall.

He was cleared by the Football Association of using sexist language towards her, having denied any wrongdoing, an outcome she criticised.

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where it went wrong for Mourinho at Chelsea

17 December 2015 18:30

976490header.jpg

When Chelsea were crowned 2014-15 Premier League champions in May, the Blues appeared ready to dominate the English top flight for years to come.

Star man Eden Hazard was named Player of the Season and seemed capable of challenging Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the best players in the world, Jose Mourinho was elected Manager of the Season to further add to his reputation as one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game and the relatively young average age of Chelsea's squad seemed a guarantee for more success.

Fast forward eight months, though, and Chelsea find themselves in an entirely different situation.

After nine defeats in 16 games, the Stamford Bridge outfit are battling against relegation, sitting 16th on the Premier League table.

To make matters even worse, Mourinho had seemingly lost the dressing room, with a number of reports suggesting key figures such as Hazard, Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas and Nemanja Matic had all fallen out with the Portuguese manager.

Chelsea therefore felt they had no other choice but to part ways with Mourinho on Thursday for the second time in his career, previously dismissing him in September 2007. Where did it all go wrong for the former Porto, Inter and Real Madrid coach?

Pre-season struggles

After seeing his team struggle for fitness toward the end of the 2014-15 campaign following a rather intense pre-season, Mourinho opted to go for a different approach this time around in an attempt to keep his players fresh throughout the season.

"We chose to give the players a proper holiday. Last year we started early and played a lot of matches before the start of the season and we had a fantastic start. We paid for that quick start and that fast pre-season in the end of the season. We were tired. The team had problems, the team was tired," Mourinho commented back in August.

Sadly enough for the Chelsea manager, things did not work out as expected, with the reigning champions winning just one of their five opening league games.

"This season we tried to go in another direction with a slower start, a short pre-season. Clearly some bodies didn't react as well as we expected."

Eva Carneiro has the last laugh

Chelsea's opening fixture at home against Swansea City ended in a 2-2 draw, but the post-match conversation was about team doctor Eva Carneiro rather than the game itself. Carneiro and physiotherapist Jon Fearn rushed on to the pitch to treat the apparently injured Hazard, resulting in an angry reaction from Mourinho.

Both Carneiro and Fearn were relieved of their first-team duties after the incident and the former eventually even left the club. Mourinho was cleared by the FA of making discriminatory comments, but the damage was already done as the incident continued to make headlines, distracting players and staff from the task at hand on the pitch.

To make matters even worse, Carneiro took legal action against Mourinho following the incident.

No more love for Terry

John Terry had always been one of the first names on the team sheet for Mourinho, yet the experienced centre-back was surprisingly hooked at half-time during the 3-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester City.

The Chelsea skipper was then handed a straight red card in the 3-2 win over West Brom the week after, resulting in a one-game suspension. Terry has since been in and out of the team and his relationship with Mourinho was damaged, perhaps beyond repair.

Southampton referee outrage

Mourinho has never been one to hold back when he feels his team is being treated unfairly by the match official, but he came close to losing the plot after his side's 3-1 defeat to Southampton at Stamford Bridge.

The former Madrid boss went on a seven-minute rant in a post-match interview, claiming referees are afraid to give decisions in Chelsea's favour after Radamel Falcao was denied a penalty versus The Saints.

Understandably, the FA was not impressed with Mourinho's comments and handed him a suspended stadium ban and £50,000 fine.

Wenger obsession

The on-going war of words between Mourinho and Arsene Wenger took a turn for the worse when both sides met on September 19. Chelsea would beat their London rivals 2-0, thus making amends for the Community Shield defeat earlier this season, but that did not stop the Portuguese from taking dig after dig at Wenger.

There were no direct consequences for Mourinho this time around as he evaded any punishment, but his focus was once more on anything but his own team, thus further damaging his reputation and leading to criticism from a number of high-profile names in the game.

West Ham dismissal

With pressure continuing to grow as Chelsea failed to replicate the form that saw them lift the Premier League trophy last term, Mourinho lost his cool in the away game versus West Ham.

The 52-year-old was forced to watch the second half from the stands after an altercation with referee Jonathan Moss at half-time at the Boleyn Ground following Matic's red card shortly before the break.

With Chelsea down to 10 men, Andy Carroll netted the winner in the 79th minute, Mourinho watching on surrounded by celebrating West Ham fans.

He eventually received another hefty fine for his behaviour and served a one-match stadium ban.

League Cup exit

With Chelsea effectively out of the Premier League title race already, the League Cup gained importance as a relatively easy route to silverware. Things were not meant to be for Mourinho's men, though, as Stoke proved to be too much of an obstacle in the fourth round.

Loic Remy netted a 91st-minute equaliser to cancel out Jonathan Walters' opener, but Eden Hazard eventually missed the decisive spot kick to end his side's hopes of League Cup glory.

Diego Costa bib-gate

After playing a major role in Chelsea's successful 2014-15 campaign, Diego Costa is nowhere near his best this term and Mourinho consequently opted to drop the Spain international for the trip to Spurs.

Diego Costa was not amused and threw his bib in the coach's direction after he was sent out to warm up, only to then be told to sit down again.

"Betrayed" at Leicester

With Chelsea beating Porto 2-0 to book their ticket for the Champions League knockout stages, they appeared to be back on the right track heading into the Premier League game against surprise package Leicester City.

The Blues failed at the King Power Stadium though, where Diego Costa was seen shouting at his own defenders, while Hazard decided to effectively substitute himself due to injury as Claudio Ranieri's men emerged victorious following goals from Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy.

Mourinho was furious at his players and accused them of betraying him in his post-match interview, effectively making it impossible for himself to continue in charge.

Baines

Alfrescian
Loyal

´I´m better than I thought´ - Mourinho defiant in final interview

17 December 2015 18:04

976484header.jpg

Jose Mourinho claimed the worst period of his career arrived too late to fully benefit him but described it as "an amazing learning process" in a television interview given days before his departure from Chelsea.

The Portuguese's second spell in charge at Stamford Bridge came to an end on Thursday, the manager having departed "by mutual consent" just eight months after securing his third and Chelsea's fourth Premier League title.

The Blues' defence of their crown has been an unexpected and spectacular failure to date, the team having managed just four wins from 16 league matches to sit 16th on the table, one point clear of the relegation zone.

Before learning of his removal, the 52-year-old gave an in-depth interview to BT Sport, scheduled to be broadcast later on the day of his departure, in which he insisted Chelsea's horror run of form was proving to be a valuable learning curve.

"I have to say it's a good experience," he said. "An experience that probably came too late, [it has] come after 15 years.

"I was ready to live with it, to cope with it because [of my] maturity and experience … but I can imagine that if this happened in the beginning probably my career would have been even better.

"This is an amazing learning process. About myself. About the players I think I know everything. About myself I still have some things to discover. And this period was important for me. I'm better than I thought."

Asked if he wanted to be measured on his response to the first major period of adversity in his time as a manager, the two-time Champions League winner said: "I prefer to be judged on my career."

Juande Ramos, Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink are among the names touted as potential candidates to replace Mourinho as caretaker, as manager-less Chelsea prepare to host fellow strugglers Sunderland on Saturday.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Six candidates to replace Mourinho at Chelsea

17 December 2015 17:18

976466header.jpg

Jose Mourinho's second spell in charge of Chelsea ended ignominiously on Thursday, with the Portuguese sacked just eight months after winning the Premier League title.

The 52-year-old has managed just four wins from 16 matches in the league so far this season, leaving the reigning champions only one point clear of the relegation zone.

The decision leaves owner Roman Abramovich again seeking to replace the most successful manager in the club's history.

Be it a short-term solution or long-term successor, the new man will be required to steer the team to safety and attempt to prolong the club's Champions League campaign, with Paris Saint-Germain awaiting in the round of 16 next year.

So who are the candidates to take over Stamford Bridge?

Juande Ramos

The former Sevilla and Tottenham boss had touted in the days leading up to Mourinho's dismissal as a possible caretaker. The Spaniard has been out of work since leaving Ukrainian club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in 2014. Ramos is unlikely to wow the demanding Blues supporters and may not have the passion necessary to rouse the squad from their prolonged slump.

Guus Hiddink

The 69-year-old Dutchman was linked by several outlets with the post in the immediate wake of Mourinho's sacking. The former PSV Eindhoven and Real Madrid coach succeeded Luiz Felipe Scolari on a temporary basis at Chelsea in 2009, guiding the team to FA Cup success. His stock has fallen since then and he was most recently spotted failing to impress during his second spell in charge of the Netherlands national team.

Brendan Rodgers

Once a member of Mourinho's backroom staff at Chelsea, the Northern Irishman has since earned promotion with Swansea City and taken Liverpool on a thrilling title challenge in 2013-14, securing Champions League qualification in the process, before receiving the sack earlier this season.

Apparently adamant he is deserving of a long-term role at a heavyweight club, a caretaker position may not be to the 42-year-old's liking, while Abramovich and his advisors would surely be reluctant to offer more than a deal until the end of the season. David Moyes, a flop at Manchester United and Real Sociedad, is also available.

Carlo Ancelotti

The Italian won the Premier League and the FA Cup with Chelsea between 2009 and 2011 before receiving his marching orders, going on to win Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain and the Champions League at Real Madrid.

Many feel he was harshly dismissed by Abramovich four years ago but it remains to be seen if he could be lured back. Ancelotti, who had back surgery after leaving Madrid earlier this year, has publicly stated his intention to wait until the end of this season to return to management.

Pep Guardiola

He will not be the caretaker, but the former Barcelona coach is expected to imminently announce his decision to leave Bayern Munich at the end of this season.

Manchester City, led by senior former Barca figures Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain, are believed to be in pole position to secure his services, but underperforming Manchester United and now manager-less Chelsea could yet enter the race.

Rafael Benitez

The ex-Liverpool boss won the Europa League with Chelsea after replacing Champions League winner Roberto Di Matteo, himself initially a caretaker, in 2012-13.

The Spaniard is now in charge at Real Madrid but is proving less than universally popular with the Santiago Bernabeu faithful. Perhaps a sensational straight swap could be possible, with former Madrid president Ramon Calderon - no friend of incumbent supremo Florentino Perez - touting a return for Mourinho to the Spanish capital.

And while that may be an unlikely prospect, so was the likelihood of Mourinho being sacked before the turn of the year when he lifted his third Premier League title in May.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Mourinho will make return soon'

jose-mourinho-cropped_6okccwm7f6v310pgpdni3a4rh.jpg

By Tom Webber
Dec 19, 2015 18:58:56

Chelsea's assistant coach believes a host of clubs will be desperate to hire the Portuguese after he left Stamford Bridge on Thursday
Chelsea assistant coach Steve Holland has backed Jose Mourinho to make a swift return to management.

The Portuguese was sacked on Thursday, leaving Holland to take charge of first-team affairs for the 3-1 win over Sunderland on Saturday alongside Eddie Newton.

Mourinho, who will not be taking a sabbatical according to a statement issued by his representatives CAA on Saturday, has already been linked with Manchester United and Roma, and Holland feels he will be itching to get another job as quickly as possible.

"There will be big clubs that want him. I think he's a guy who needs and wants football," he said.

"He's not, in my opinion, the guy who's going to spend six, seven, eight months sitting at home doing nothing.

"He'll want to get going again sooner rather than later, and it wouldn't surprise me if very big football clubs are interested in him.

"Our relationship is excellent and I think he would recognise I gave him everything and I would also recognise not only is he an exceptional coach but an exceptional person.

"That's not the guy you see very often, you see the competitor in front of a lens before or after a football match. He's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with."

Guus Hiddink was appointed Chelsea manager until the end of the season shortly before Saturday's fixture, returning to the club for a second spell.

Holland revealed the Dutchman spoke to some of the players following their victory over Sam Allardyce's team.

"I've just spoken to Guus and met him for the first time in the dressing room. I'm sure that'll evolve in the next few days," he added.

"He's not spoken to [the players] collectively, but he's spoken to some who are still around."

DeBruyne

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini: I hope Guardiola comes to City one day

pep-guardiola-cropped_gpmv2x43oui41hhovb5acasxs.jpg

By Joe Wright
Dec 19, 2015 23:05:38

The Bayern Munich coach has been heavily linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium, and the current boss believes City would thrive should he manage them

Manuel Pellegrini hopes to see Pep Guardiola given the chance to manage Manchester City in future.

The Bayern Munich boss will give an announcement on his future on Sunday, when he is expected to confirm he will leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of the season.

City have been touted as Guardiola's most likely destination, with former Barcelona directors Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain pulling the strings at the Etihad Stadium, though Chelsea and Manchester United remain rumoured potential options.

Pellegrini, speaking candidly about the prospect of being replaced by Guardiola, says any coach in the world would find the Premier League difficult to turn down and claims he would enjoy seeing City thrive under the former Spain midfielder in future years.

"I cannot talk about Pep, but I can assure you that all the important managers want to work in the Premier League, it is impossible not to want to work here," he said.

"I am sure Pep Guardiola will work here someday. I even hope he will have the opportunity to work at Manchester City too, because I love this club and I care about its future and I am sure he would do a good job.

When is the future, I don't know, but if the future turns out to be next year the most important thing for me to do is try to win the title again this season.

"To win two titles in three years would be quite an achievement, I think, and we were runners-up last season too. That was not our best season, I admit, but at least it was not a disaster."

Pellegrini also offered words of encouragement to axed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, claiming he could emerge a stronger manager for his experience this term.

"Mourinho has just had an important experience, the kind maybe he has not had before in his career and when he is 60 he will be a better manager for it," the 62-year-old Chilean added.

"Of course someday you have to finish, but I would say managers in their fifties and sixties are at the best age to handle big players and big clubs."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

In-form Leicester star Mahrez set to ´stay in January´

21 December 2015

978675header.jpg

Leicester City star Riyad Mahrez is set to stay with the surprise Premier League leaders during the upcoming January transfer window, according to his agent Kamel Bengougam.

The Algeria international has enjoyed a stunning 2015-16 campaign, scoring 13 times in 16 league appearances, including a double from the penalty spot in his side's 3-2 win at Everton on Saturday.

That result guaranteed Leicester will sit top of the Premier League at Christmas, with five of the last six teams to hold that status going on to win the title.

And the Foxes look likely to hold on to one of their key assets for the second half of the campaign after Mahrez's representative spoke of his confidence that the 24-year-old will remain at the King Power Stadium.

"I think he will stay in January," Bengougam told Sky Sports.

"I don't think Leicester want to sell him and he is focused on doing well with them."

Mahrez will be back in action when Leicester travel to face Liverpool at Anfield on Boxing Day.

Martinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Giggs deserves to replace Van Gaal, says Round

21 December 2015

978770header.jpg

Manchester United should turn to Ryan Giggs when the time comes to replace Louis van Gaal as manager, the club's former assistant boss Steve Round has said.

The Old Trafford side have fallen out of the top four in the Premier League as well as crashing out of the Champions League and League Cup as part of a run of just three wins in 13 games.

Those results have piled the pressure on Van Gaal and prompted speculation linking sacked Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola – who will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season – with the job.

But Round, who was part of David Moyes' coaching team with Giggs, feels it is only right that the Welshman becomes United's next manager.

"I would hope so, I think that is the right and proper succession plan for Manchester United," he said to Sky Sports when asked if Giggs would be the next to fill the role.

"Ryan was an absolutely magnificent player; he is certainly one of the best players I have ever worked with in the short period of time I was there. He was phenomenal, even at 39 years of age.

"Then he has stepped into coaching. With us he was part-coach, part-player and now he has stepped into being an assistant manager - the natural progression for him is to go on to be a manager.

"You would assume that would be at Manchester United; that is what they are grooming him for and getting him ready to take over eventually when that time comes.

"I think that is only right and proper - he needs and deserves to have that opportunity.

"Manchester United, to move forward, need to give him a chance to either succeed and thrive or fail and move away. I think that is part of the process and journey on Ryan Giggs' career path."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp: We lost our mind at Watford

20 December 2015

978354header.jpg

Manager Jurgen Klopp was left to rue his Liverpool side's temporary insanity during their 3-0 Premier League defeat at Watford on Sunday.

Klopp found his team a goal behind within three minutes at Vicarage Road, after Nathan Ake tapped in from close range when visiting goalkeeper Adam Bogdan dropped a left-wing corner, and by the quarter-hour mark Odion Ighalo had doubled the Hornets' advantage.

Ighalo added a third for Watford late on, taking his tally for the season to 12.

While he felt Ake had fouled Bogdan for the opening goal, Klopp was frustrated by the way in which his side caved in after falling behind.

"Our reaction has to be better. We lost our mind after the first goal, we lost our compact formation after the first goal," he said.

"We didn't play easy, what we should have done. The pitch is not the best one but it is possible to play football if you play easy football.

"With a little bit of wind you have to use the wind, you don't play against the wind. That's what Watford did with the second goal.

"We had nearly the same situation in the second half with Divock Origi. It was really difficult to defend with the wind so that the striker can go and win the ball. It's easier for him than for the defender who has the wind from behind.

"That's the situation – they scored the goal, we didn't score the goal."

Watford's win leaves the hosts just a point off the Champions League places. Liverpool, meanwhile, sit ninth on 24 points prior to their clash with table-topping Leicester City in six days.

"I would say hopefully it is the most disappointing moment in my whole Liverpool FC life from now on," said Klopp. "We don't feel good today because we came here to do something different to what you could see.

"It was a big gap and a big space between and that's what we have to fill in the next few days for the game against Leicester."

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Appointing Mourinho would show how desperate Man Utd are'

2425162_heroa.jpg

By James Goldman
Dec 21, 2015 19:35:00

The Old Trafford club would risk abandoning tradition through fear of falling behind Manchester City if they hired the former Chelsea boss, according to the Liverpool legend

Appointing Jose Mourinho as Manchester United manager in place of Louis van Gaal would demonstrate just how desperate the club are to return to their usual trophy winning ways, according to Jamie Carragher.

Saturday’s defeat against Norwich means Van Gaal has now presided over the club’s worst run of form in 17 years and his position is a matter of intense speculation, especially in the wake of Mourinho’s acrimonious departure from Chelsea last week.

Mourinho was snubbed by the Old Trafford board two years ago when they opted to employ David Moyes as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor.

And former Liverpool defender Carragher believes United would be pushing the panic button if they opted to dispense with Van Gaal and opt for the Special One, whom he believes is incompatible with the club’s unique demands.

"Is Jose the perfect fit for Man United? I’d say no," he said on Sky Sports.

"If I imagine United over the last 60 years, they’re about winning trophies and Jose ticks that box.

"Bringing young players through? No. Playing fast attacking cut throat football? That’s a no as well.

"If they go for him it will show the fear Man United’s board have got and the sections of the support have of other teams getting away from them.

"With Pep [Guardiola] maybe going to Man City there may be a sense that they are falling behind. They might forget the principles the club was built on just to get back to winning trophies."

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depay brands Giggs reprimand ´total nonsense´

23 December 2015

979960header.jpg

Memphis Depay has branded suggestions of a reprimand by Manchester United assistant coach Ryan Giggs as "total nonsense".

The Netherlands international inspired PSV to the Eredivisie title last season but his form for United since his pre-season transfer has been inconsistent, causing his place in Louis van Gaal's starting XI to come under threat.

Former Ajax head coach Co Adriaanse described Depay as "a Peruvian flute player" for his flamboyant dress sense earlier this season and blamed his ineffective form on complacency, while some reports in England suggested Giggs had taken the 21-year-old to one side to warn him about his behaviour.

But Depay insists criticism like that of Adriaanse has been blown out of proportion and insists he has never been questioned by the Old Trafford icon.

"The funny thing is, since I came to England, I've only been out one time. One time!" he told Algemeen Dagblad. "But recently I read that Ryan Giggs has accosted me about my reputation as a 'party-boy' and stuff. It's total nonsense! Completely made up!

"Often I think: 'Just let me do this. Let me wear the clothes I want to wear.' Why is everyone making such a big deal out of that? What is this all about? Just let me. I'm also just a 21-year-old boy.

"Why should I adjust? Some people collect stamps; I like fashion, discovering nice new things. I feel good about doing that. If I were to put on what you wanted me to put on, I wouldn't be myself anymore."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp expects Mignolet return

24 December 2015

980181header.jpg

Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp has confirmed Simon Mignolet will be available for Saturday's meeting with Leicester City.

The Merseyside club are without a win in their last three Premier League outings, the latest of which was a 3-0 defeat away at Watford.

Adam Bogdan was at fault for Nathan Ake's opener at Vicarage Road and he will likely be replaced by Mignolet when Liverpool entertain the league leaders, having returned to training after a hamstring injury ruled him out last weekend.

“Simon Mignolet is back. He trained normally today and will do so tomorrow," said Klopp.

The German coach will also be able to count on Dejan Lovren following a knee injury, but he was not positive on the chances of Martin Skrtel, James Milner and Daniel Sturridge featuring.

"Lovren is back in training and has trained two days in a row, completely normal with the team," Klopp added.

"For five or six days he has been in normal training. He is available for Boxing Day.

"Martin Skrtel is not good. It's a hamstring with a little of the tendon involved. He needs time.

"We don't know how long because Martin is tough and he usually recovers quickly, but we can't put him under any pressure. We have to wait a few weeks for sure.

"James Milner has no chance for Leicester, he has a calf problem. Nobody knows where it came from, but we have to wait one or two weeks.

"Sturridge is still doing his little pre-season. He will do this for seven, eight, nine, 10 days and then we will see."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

No quick fix to Chelsea´s problems, warns Hiddink

25 December 2015

980367header.jpg

New Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink has warned fans that appointing him as manager does not mean the squad have a quick fix to their recent problems.

The 69-year-old faces Watford in his first game back in charge on Saturday, after watching from the stands as Chelsea beat Sunderland 3-1 last week in the wake of Jose Mourinho's departure.

Hiddink, who led the club to the FA Cup in his opening spell at the helm back in 2009, reflected on the club's poor form prior to his arrival and stressed it would not be easy to turn the situation around.

He said: "If you look back a bit to last season where there was this huge success in winning the title then of course you go into the next season and you have your targets, your aims and your aims are the same.

"Getting the championship again, even though in the Premier League that is not easy, that was the main target. The other targets of course are to go into the Champions League and the FA Cup.

"But it is not easy to fix as sometimes after a championship you might relax a bit as a team and then you get a wake-up call from somewhere in September, but the situation is that they were down last week to one point off the relegation zone, which was frightening for everyone inside the club.

"It is not easy to say 'I am here and tomorrow the problem is solved'."

Nevertheless, Hiddink revealed he was impressed by much of what he saw from his new players against Sunderland.

"I was in the stand and of course I saw the game and they were playing in a way in general like they enjoyed it very much," added the former Netherlands boss.

"There were some sloppy moments in the first 45 minutes and then sometimes they even went a little bit over the top and didn't kill it off after going 2-0 up but it was good to see how they can play – the quality is there."

The Dutchman did not rule out the prospect of Chelsea finishing in the top four, but suggested it was a tough ask given the how open the Premier League has been this season.

"Mathematically it is possible, if you can add up then it is possible but this league is very strong," said Hiddink.

"That has been especially proven this year with all respect to the clubs at the top - Leicester, Crystal Palace, Watford - it is amazing and refreshing.

"It means that all the teams can kill each other."

Baines

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini: The title is not won in December

25 December 2015

980368header.jpg

Manuel Pellegrini has identified the need to pick up six points during the Christmas fixtures, but remains calm over Manchester City's Premier League title prospects.

City's 2-1 defeat at Arsenal on Monday left them four points behind Arsene Wenger's side and six shy of surprise leaders Leicester City.

The 2011-12 and 2013-14 champions travel to Leicester on Tuesday, but must first tackle struggling Sunderland at the Etihad Stadium on Boxing Day.

In each of their previous title triumphs, City have overhauled points deficits late in the season to lift the trophy and Pellegrini was keen to assert that no prizes are given out at the turn of the year.

"We are in this moment in third, four points against [behind] Arsenal and six points against Leicester," he said.

"We must play against Leicester on the 29th so it's very important to win these two games to finish the first round [of fixtures this season].

"The important thing is to be involved at the end of January, then try and win the title in the remainder of the season.

"We have to try to focus game by game – the next is Sunderland, we try to beat them at home which is never an easy game.

"Then we think about Leicester. We lost important points against Arsenal – a game of six points – but it was not a decisive game as I said before the match.

"You never win the title in December."

Pellegrini is set to welcome back captain Vincent Kompany for the Sunderland game following a calf injury.

City are unbeaten in the eight Premier League outings featuring the Belgium centre-back this season, winning six and conceding only once. The Arsenal loss was their fifth defeat in nine matches without Kompany.

Martinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bosnich backs Mourinho to replace Van Gaal

josemourinho-cropped_1xw3sv9vronbm1uctkynky9pvr.jpg

By Nicholas McGee
Dec 27, 2015 15:31:46

The former Chelsea and Manchester United goalkeeper believes the Portuguese should replace the under-fire Red Devils manager at Old Trafford

Mark Bosnich believes Jose Mourinho is the right man to take over at Manchester United should they lose patience with Louis van Gaal.

Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Stoke City only served to increase the pressure on Van Gaal, who has overseen a run of four straight losses and seven games without a win in all competitions.

Afterwards, Van Gaal - who earlier this week stormed out of his pre-match press conference - intimated he could resign from his post as manager.

If the Dutchman does depart then Mourinho, who left struggling Chelsea on December 17, would be among the favourites to take over.

And former United and Chelsea goalkeeper Bosnich told talkSPORT: "If one keeps losing continuously, it sometimes leaves the board with no choice.

"I watched his body language very closely on Saturday and he just looked like a defeated man. The fact that he actually said he might come out and resign told its own story in itself.

"Last week against Norwich [a 2-1 defeat] was a disaster, it was a little bit better on Saturday, but they're just not good enough.

"In football, it generally comes down to the manager and it's much easier to get rid of the manager than 11 players.

"Originally when Sir Alex Ferguson retired I thought [Mourinho] would have been the best choice to go for then.

"I know a lot of people have their doubts but the bottom line is he is one of the best managers in the world.

"Everywhere he has gone during his career he has won trophies and if you speak to the majority of Manchester United fans, they just want to get back to the glory days where they are in the hunt for the major trophies."

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Falcao: I haven't been given the opportunities I want

2455962_heroa.jpg

By Stephen Crawford
Dec 27, 2015 14:45:00

The striker is eager to get back on the pitch and show his worth to a club who were willing to gamble on a player widely believed to be in decline

Radamel Falcao has expressed his gratitude to Chelsea for taking a chance on him after a rocky season at Manchester United, but feels he hasn't been given the right opportunities to showcase his true worth.

The Colombian endured a tumultuous season with the Red Devils, suffering from the wrath of unimpressed fans due to a poor conversion rate despite his reputation as a proven goalscorer.

The Blues gave the striker another chance this season, however, offering Falcao a season-long loan deal similar to that of United, and the 29-year-old is eager to get more playing time to regain consistency after the club's showing of faith.

"Chelsea are the team who bet on me, and I took that opportunity," he told Hola Colombia. "However, it has been complicated because the team hasn't started the season the best, nor have I been given the opportunities I want.

"But I'm very grateful, very happy. As for the future, I hope to have more opportunities to show what I can do in the second half of the season."

In and out of the squad due to injury, Falcao has featured just nine times for Chelsea, scoring only one goal.