• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ξ Barclays Premier League Season 2015-16 Ξ

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp to run the rule over Sturridge for Southampton clash

23 October 2015 15:11

933709header.jpg

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will assess Daniel Sturridge's fitness before deciding whether to risk the striker against Southampton on Sunday.

Klopp is preparing for his first Liverpool league game on home soil and could be able to call upon his leading marksman for the first time.

Sturridge has been beset by injuries since scoring 22 goals in 29 Premier League appearances during the 2013-14 season and a knee knock sustained in training ruled the 26-year-old out of Klopp's debut in the Liverpool dugout at Tottenham last weekend.

He also missed Thursday's 1-1 Europa League draw against Rubin Kazan but the England international could come into contention to face Southampton – most likely as a substitute – if he impresses in training.

"[His situation] is not much better, we have to see day by day," Klopp told a news conference. "If he can train tomorrow [Saturday] completely normal then he's an option.

"Maybe not as a starter but he's an option and I have to wait."

Divock Origi has started both matches under Klopp as a lone striker but his Belgium colleague Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino returned from injury as substitutes against Rubin - bolstering the options available to the manager, who is open to starting with two recognised forwards in order to give his shot-shy side an attacking edge.

"If all the strikers are fit we have four and we have to think about how we take that quality in our game," Klopp added

"I don't know if we play with two on Sunday, but it's an option. Christian and Roberto had two training sessions with the team, usually it’s too early but they did well.

"Christian was unlucky [to hit] the post, Roberto became better within the game. [They are] two important options for Sunday."

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho hits out at lack of media respect

23 October 2015 15:03

933714header.jpg

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has hit out at sections of the British press following an incident in which he was filmed by a member of the public walking around London this week.

Mourinho reacted angrily to being filmed by a young man and used Friday's news conference to hit back at the coverage it received.

The Portuguese is well known for his entertaining sound bites when speaking to the media but, after a Chelsea spokesperson stated his legal representatives would monitor the filming incident, Mourinho warned his relationship with the press would take a turn for the worse.

"You don't get from me good and funny headlines because I am going to treat your bosses like they treat me. No respect," he said.

"Not with football, with football I'm ready to accept every criticism, even stupid ones. But my private life and stupid things that you bring – I don't say you personally – I don't like it.

"So we go to a different level of a professional relationship."

A subdued Mourinho was also asked about his side's recent upturn in form, having kept clean sheets in the win over Aston Villa and Tuesday's Champions League draw at Dynamo Kiev.

Eden Hazard and Nemanja Matic have come in for criticism this term for below-par displays, but Mourinho backed both to continue their return to form.

Asked whether Hazard needed to continue working hard for the team, he added: "I don't have to answer, you have lots of people giving opinions. I prefer not to individualise.

"I am happy with his contribution against Dynamo and that's it. The Premier League is different [to the Champions League]. It's 38 matches, lots of points.

"In this moment in the Premier League we are not afraid to lose matches.

"We will play normal [against West Ham on Saturday]. The team performance and the results in the victory against Villa was very good, Dynamo was positive, we could feel some individual perfomances.

"Just to give one example, I don’t like to, but Matic went from being on the bench against Villa to playing the second half positively to being man-of-the-match for UEFA three days later.

"That is one example, but other players also improve performances."

Baines

Alfrescian
Loyal

Soccer fan Xi Jinping rounds off UK state visit with selfie at home of Manchester City

Former China and City footballer Sun Jihai also due to be inducted into National Football Museum Hall of Fame

PUBLISHED : Friday, 23 October, 2015, 2:50pm
UPDATED : Friday, 23 October, 2015, 10:19pm

Agencies

xis_selfie.jpg

President Xi Jinping (left) and British Prime minister David Cameron pose for a selfie taken by Manchester City's striker Sergio Aguero. Photo: Manchester City

President Xi Jinping ended his state visit to Britain on Friday with a visit to Premier League giants Manchester City - and his first selfie.

He posed alongside Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron in a photograph taken by City's Argentina striker Sergio Aguero.

Aguero wrote on Twitter: "Thank you for the selfie, President Xi".

After three days of banquets, processions and trade talks, Xi's final day saw him meet former players of both Manchester City and cross-city rivals Manchester United, whose current teams will play each other on Sunday.

On his tour of the northern England city, Xi was accompanied by British Prime Minister David Cameron on a visit to City’s academy, officials and representatives of the club said.

kevin.city_.reuters.jpg

Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne, centre, in action earlier this week in a UEFA Champions League match against Sevilla. President Xi will visit the club's academy for young players. Photo: Reuters

The state-of-the-art training facility includes a 7,000 capacity stadium and 16 football pitches that can cater for more than 450 players.

They observe a training match and met players who helped build the city’s footballing legacy, including former United player-turned pundit Gary Neville and former City stars Patrick Vieira and Mike Summerbee.

They were also sue to meet Denis Law, who scored 171 goals for United during the 1960s and 70s, but who famously scored a goal to relegate the club after transferring to City.

sunjihai.rtr_.jpg

Former Manchester City player Sun Jihai is to be inducted into the National Football Museum's Hall of Fame during President Xi's trip to the city. Photo: Reuters

The two leaders were also due to tour of the National Football Museum, which houses Chinese and British artefacts including the 1930 World Cup ball and a seven panel football, a gift from the China Football Museum, which pre-dates 1914.

Former City player and China international Sun Jihai was due to be inducted into the National Football Museum Hall of Fame.

The British government is keen to show off its “Northern Powerhouse” project, in which councils in the post-industrial north are being given more powers in an attempt to stimulate their economies.

Britain is courting Chinese involvement in US$37 billion of investment projects in the north of the country as part of its plan to regenerate the region, whose development has lagged the more prosperous southeast.

Hainan Airlines will announce the first direct flights between Manchester and China, a deal which Britain said could boost the city’s economy by about US$77 million.

Partnerships to build and finance the regeneration of parts of the city will also be agreed, plus the finalisation of Hong Kong-listed Fujian province firm Netdragon Websoft’s US$130 million acquisition of educational supplies company Promethean World.

As part of a raft of partnership deals, Hainan Airlines is expected to announce its first direct flights from Manchester Airport to China.

“China is a key trading partner for the UK and the partnerships being made today will see real investment going into the North,” Cameron was due to say, according to extracts from a speech released by Downing Street.

Agence France-Presse, Reuters

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal blasts critics: I'm sick of Rooney questions!

louis-van-gaal-manchester-united_1tjdb8qoiel281vmfoju64k75r.jpg

By SW Lim
Oct 26, 2015 00:24:43

The Dutch coach is refusing to entertain any more questions about the Manchester United captain after his side fired blanks once again, this time in the Manchester derby

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal lashed out at critics for constantly discussing Wayne Rooney, saying he would not answer more questions about the striker because he is "sick of it".

The Old Trafford side missed the opportunity to go top of the Premier League with a dull 0-0 draw against neighbours Manchester City, with an attack led by captain Rooney guilty of firing blanks.

However, his boss Van Gaal has had enough of the scrutiny being placed on the 30-year-old, and struck out at the England forward's critics following the result.

"I have to talk every week about Rooney, why?" the Dutchman said to reporters.

"Write it down, it's your opinion. I don't give any more answers about Rooney because I'm sick of it."

The striker has endured a underwhelming start to the season in front of goal, netting only twice in nine Premier League outings so far.

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Howe confident Boruc will bounce back from Tottenham horror show

arturboruc-cropped_mbmqmh1gbwe91kk6es3e73jgh.jpg

By Nicholas McGee
Oct 25, 2015 18:40:01

The goalkeeper was at fault for three of the five goals conceded by the hosts as Harry Kane hit a hat-trick, but his boss believes he will bounce back

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe does not expect Artur Boruc to have any problems bouncing back from his poor performance in their 5-1 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday.

After Matt Ritchie gave the hosts a first-minute lead, Tottenham eased to an emphatic win, with the visitors receiving a huge helping hand from goalkeeper Boruc.

The Pole conceded a penalty in the ninth minute after fouling Harry Kane, allowed Erik Lamela to pounce on the ball to make it 3-1 and then knocked Toby Alderweireld's header into the path of Kane for his hat-trick.

Howe told reporters: "The goals we've conceded have totally drained any confidence we had in us, and the manner of the goals doesn't help as well.

"The second half was a difficult one to watch, as soon as the fourth one went in it was a game over really and it was just a case of making sure the scoreline was respectable.

"He's [Boruc] very strong mentally, he's resolute when it comes to goalkeeping errors, he's seen it, been there and done it, so I think I won't have a problem lifting him.

"Obviously there's a need for the team that we eradicate those errors and make sure our goalkeepers rediscover their form because they're so important in every game and your ability to keep clean sheets.

"He's been excellent since he's been here, played a huge part in our promotion. It's part of the goalkeeper's job, they are going to make mistakes and errors, we just need to make sure he responds in the right way."

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sherwood leaves Aston Villa

25 October 2015 13:05

934879header.jpg

Aston Villa have parted company with coach Tim Sherwood following their eighth defeat of the Premier League season at home to Swansea City.

Villa suffered their sixth consecutive loss as Garry Monk's side came from behind to take all three points at Villa Park on Saturday.

"Aston Villa Football Club has parted company with manager Tim Sherwood today," a club statement read.

"The Board has monitored the performances closely all season and believes the results on the pitch were simply not good enough and that a change is imperative.

"However, the Club would like to place on record its sincere thanks to Tim for all his efforts during a difficult period last season and for the many positive contributions he has made to the entire football setup during his time with the Club. We wish him well in the future.

"Assistant manager Ray Wilkins, first-team coach Mark Robson and performance analyst Seamus Brady have also left with immediate effect and do so with our best wishes.

"A search for a new manager has commenced and the squad will be managed in the interim by Kevin MacDonald.

"There will be no further comment from the Club at this stage."

Villa have not won in the Premier League since the opening weekend of the season and reports suggested Sherwood had come under increasing pressure in recent weeks.

Having lost key players such as Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph in the close-season, Sherwood previously spoke of his side lacking quality, adding that the club was "in a hole".

Speaking after the Swansea defeat on Saturday, he told reporters: "Am I going to be in the job next week? I'm not the person to ask.

"I feel like the club is in a hole."

MacDonald's first task as interim boss will be a trip to Southampton in the fourth round of the League Cup on Wednesday.

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Why don't you shoot?' - Van Gaal AGREES with Man Utd critics

louisvangaal-cropped_1h2ezxpiidiw91u4byca4g1ysx.jpg

Oct 25, 2015 16:55:00

The Red Devils did not muster a single shot in the first half against City, and did not force Joe Hart into a save until the 89th minute, and the Dutchman is worried by what he saw

By Kris Voakes at Old Trafford

Louis van Gaal says his philosophy is not to blame for Manchester United's lack of shots against rivals City on Sunday, and insists he DID encourage his players to shoot more at the half-time interval.

The Red Devils did not register a single shot in the first half of a match for the first time since Opta began recording statistics back in 2003, and Van Gaal admits he was unimpressed with his side's lack of bite at Old Trafford.

"I said at half-time that we can also shoot from outside the box, you don't have to wait for the 16-metre area," explained the Dutchman. "That was my remark also, I thought 'You can shoot, why don't you shoot?'"

Asked if his team were too preoccupied with trying to score the perfect goal, he continued: "I like the question because I see that also but I don't have time yet to see my players and speak to them."

One culprit for United's lack of firepower was the out-of-sorts Wayne Rooney, but Van Gaal refused to discuss his skipper and instead pointed out City's excellent defensive performance.

"I have to talk every week about Rooney, why? Write it down, it's your opinion. I don't give any more answers about Wayne Rooney because I'm sick of it.

"We should have scored one of our three chances, although [Jesse] Lingard did very well and it wasn't easy for him. But it was so difficult with the way they played so organised and played on the counter-attack. It's just like the game against Moscow - they were also organised."

Asked if only one side had turned up to win, he continued: "You have to ask not me but my colleague. You have seen that Manchester United has attacked. They have the right to play compact and they have done it.

"They have a fantastic team on the counter-attack but we have controlled that. I am disappointed that we don't have the luck because I have seen on the video that [Ander] Herrera - it was a penalty - but the referee has not given us the benefit.

"Of course I can see the video, that he doesn't touch the ball but the legs of Herrera. But that luck we don't have this season, though I understand it is not easy for the referee, but it is not the first time I see it has gone that was."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Klopp has found out in two games... Liverpool are average'

2138512_heroa.jpg

By Tom Davis
Oct 25, 2015 17:15:00

The Anfield favourite feels the players available to the German coach are lacking in quality, and blasted the "slow" and "boring" brand of football being played

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has needed just two-and-a-half games to discover that he has an "average squad" at his disposal, according to former player Jamie Carragher.

The 48-year-old German coach replaced Brendan Rodgers in October and began his reign with a 0-0 draw away at Tottenham, before playing out a frustrating 1-1 draw with Rubin Kazan in the Europa League on Thursday.

Klopp took charge of his first Premier League game at Anfield against on Southampton on Sunday yet, with his side entering the interval at 0-0 having struggled to break down the Saints, Carragher hit out at his ex-club.

He told Sky Sports during half-time: "[Derrick] Origi, [Philippe] Coutinho, [Adam] Lallana have done nothing. They're not aggressive enough. They're too nice.

"Watching Liverpool now, Jurgen Klopp has soon found out in two-and-a-half games it's an average squad of players.

"He's come in with the idea of heavy metal football but for two-and-a-half games Liverpool have been playing like a church choir. That's what it's been like; slow, boring, nothing happening, no aggression, everyone's nice."

Sturridge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anfield evacuated after security alert

27 October 2015

936164header.jpg

Anfield was evacuated following a security alert earlier on Tuesday, Merseyside Police have confirmed.

Police were called to Liverpool's stadium at around 3pm local time and the ground was cleared of both staff and visitors taking part in a tour.

A police spokesman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm officers are in attendance following security concerns at Anfield Stadium today.

"As a precautionary measure, the club has evacuated the stadium and officers are now carrying out enquiries at the scene."

Liverpool later confirmed to Omnisport that the ground had been evacuated out of precaution

A spokesman said: "There is an incident at Anfield. As a precautionary measure, the facility has been evacuated.

"Our priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone at the ground.

"The emergency services aware of the situation."

Early unconfirmed reports suggested two men went missing while on a guided tour of the stadium, prompting a security alert.

Anfield is currently undergoing extensive redevelopment work to the main stand and is due to play host to Liverpool's League Cup tie with Premier League rivals AFC Bournemouth on Wednesday.

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Coloccini red rescinded as FA charge Newcastle

27 October 2015

936155header.jpg

Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini will not serve a one-match ban after a successful appeal against his red card in Sunday's 3-0 Wear-Tyne derby defeat to Sunderland.

However, his club have been charged for failing to control their players during the Premier League match by the Football Association.

The Argentina international was shown a straight red card during first-half stoppage time at the Stadium of Light after he was adjudged to have committed a professional foul on Steven Fletcher, with Adam Johnson converting the resulting penalty to give Sunderland a 1-0 lead.

Referee Robert Madley's decision prompted a furious response from Newcastle manager Steve McClaren and his players, and the FA's Independent Regulatory Commission has ruled that the official "made an obvious error".

A statement released on the FA website read: "Fabricio Coloccini will not serve a one-match suspension after his wrongful dismissal claim was successful.

"An Independent Regulatory Commission found that the match referee had made an obvious error in dismissing the Newcastle United defender for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during the game against Sunderland on Sunday 25 October 2015."

Coloccini will now be available for Saturday's home Premier League match against Stoke but the FA added that Newcastle have been charged "for failing to control their players in relation to their reaction to the match referee’s decision".

The club have until 6pm on Friday to respond to the charge.

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Richards charged with improper conduct

27 October 2015

936023header.jpg

Aston Villa defender Micah Richards has been hit with an improper conduct charge by the Football Association.

Tempers flared between Richards and Swansea City defender Federico Fernandez towards the end of the first half of Saturday's game at Villa Park, with Fernandez seen pushing his head towards the former Manchester City man.

While the FA have determined that neither player should face violent conduct charges over that incident, they are set to punish Richards over an altercation which took place in the tunnel following Villa's 2-1 defeat.

"Aston Villa's Micah Richards has been charged with improper conduct following an incident which occurred in the tunnel at the end of the game against Swansea City on Saturday [24 October 2015]," read an FA statement.

"He has until 6pm on Thursday [29 October 2015] to reply.

"The FA referred a coming together involving Richards and Swansea's Federico Fernandez in the 30th minute which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video to the three former elite referee panel.

"On this occasion, the panel did not find that either player had committed an act of violent conduct, therefore, no further action will be taken."

Tim Sherwood, who was sacked as Villa manager after the defeat, believes Fernandez was lucky not to receive a red card.

"The ref has to send him [Fernandez] off," he said afterwards. "He will probably get done but it doesn't help us out.

"He stuck his head into Micah."

Richards has made 11 appearances for Villa in all competitions so far this season.

Baines

Alfrescian
Loyal

FA looking into Rooney laser incident

29 October 2015

937348header.jpg

The English Football Association (FA) has confirmed it will look into the incident during which Wayne Rooney had a laser shone at his eyes as he stepped up to take a penalty in Manchester United's League Cup defeat at the hands of Middlesbrough at Old Trafford.

Both sides failed to find the net from open play, with a penalty shootout eventually deciding Wednesday's encounter.

Rooney was first to step up for United, but a green laser beam appeared on his face as he prepared to take his penalty. The England international took his shot regardless of the laser, but saw his effort kept out by goalkeeper Tomas Mejias.

The 30-year-old refused to blame the laser for his failure from the spot in post-match interviews, yet the FA has nonetheless opened an investigation into the incident.

"We are aware of what happened and will look into the matter," a brief statement to Omnisport reads.

Rooney's miss from the spot was followed by unsuccessful spot kicks from Michael Carrick and Ashley Young as Middlesbrough eventually recorded a 3-1 win after penalties.

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fabregas: Chelsea can still win the title

29 October 2015

937308header.jpg

Cesc Fabregas remains confident Chelsea can still successfully defend their Premier League title.

The reigning champions have endured a dismal start to the season, and sit 15th in the table with just 11 points from 10 games ahead of Liverpool's visit to Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Jose Mourinho's men trail joint leaders Manchester City and Arsenal 11 points, yet Fabregas refuses to throw in the towel just yet.

"I'm sure we can still win the league," the Spain midfielder told Match of the Day magazine.

"We just have to get our confidence back, win a few games on the trot and from there we'll see what happens.

"In the Premier League anyone can lose points to anyone."

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Villas-Boas rules out Zenit move for Chelsea star Falcao

29 October 2015

937247header.jpg

Zenit head coach Andre Villas-Boas has dismissed speculation that he will make a January move for Chelsea striker Radamel Falcao despite trying to sign him in the close-season.

Falcao is on a season-long loan at Stamford Bridge having endured a poor loan spell at Manchester United last term in which he scored just four goals in 26 Premier League appearances.

The Colombia international has found regular playing time hard to come by under Jose Mourinho, though, and has started just once in the Premier League for the struggling champions.

Rumours subsequently circulated that Villas-Boas, who coach Falcao during his time at Porto, was keen on a reunion with the 29-year-old.

But the Portuguese says that a move is not possible, telling Zenit's official website: "I haven't had a conversation with Jose, the player belongs to Chelsea, on loan from Monaco.

"It's difficult to bring such a player to Russia with the rules and regulations we have, we tried to bring him here in the summer at the start of the season, but then the rules changed a week before the season started.

"We can't bring him here because of the rules and we don't have space. We have (Artyom) Dzyuba, his form is great for the club and the national team and he deserves respect.

"Due to the limitations we can't bring Falcao here, his salary is immense too and the financial rules in place prevent this."

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Diego Costa hospitalised with rib injury

27 October 2015

936390header.jpg

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that Diego Costa has been hospitalised with a rib injury following his side's League Cup penalty shootout defeat at the hands of Stoke City.

The Spain international featured from the start in Tuesday's encounter at the Britannia Stadium, but was forced to leave the pitch in the 33th minute after picking up a knock.

Costa was replaced by Loic Remy and was taken to the hospital for further examination on his rib injury.

It is unknown how serious the injury is, but the 27-year-old could miss Saturday's Premier League encounter with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge as a result of his injury.

The former Atletico Madrid star had been in fine form for Chelsea in recent weeks, scoring once and setting up another in the 2-0 win over Aston Villa earlier this month.

Costa's premature exit was not the only bad news for Chelsea as they eventually lost the game on penalties, with Eden Hazard missing the decisive spot kick.

Jonathan Walters had given the hosts a 1-0 lead in the 52nd minute, but Remy levelled the scoring in stoppage time to send the game into extra time.

Sturridge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fairclough: Sturridge lacks attitude and desire

28 October 2015

936471header.jpg

Former Liverpool striker David Fairclough has questioned the "attitude and desire" of injury-ridden Daniel Sturridge.

Sturridge will miss Wednesday's League Cup clash against AFC Bournemouth, with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp unable to put a timeline on his return.

The 26-year-old suffered a knee injury over three weeks ago, having missed Liverpool's first eight games in all competitions this season with a hip injury.

The England international has been plagued by injury in his time at Liverpool, making just twelve appearances and scoring four goals last term.

Fairclough, who won six league titles with Liverpool between 1975 and 1983, believes there may be something psychological behind Sturridge's continued absences.

"Daniel has real star quality but he has to work on his attitude and desire," Fairclough told Talk Sport.

"Picking up these little knocks – surely from time to time they aren't as bad as first feared?

"Maybe the medical team offers players excuses because the modern footballer would not have gone through the pain barrier like older players did.

"You do have to be careful but sometimes you hope people show their grit and determination and put it aside to get out there."

Schweinsteiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scholes upset with youth academies ´riddled´ with foreigners

30 October 2015

937681header.jpg

Paul Scholes is dismayed by the lack of English youth prospects graduating through top clubs' academies, claiming the big Premier League teams are "absolutely riddled" with foreigners.

The Manchester United great, who singled out Chelsea and Arsenal for criticism, fears English teenagers are being forced out by a focus on talent from abroad.

Scholes believes the lack of homegrown talent advancing to first-teams is damaging the England national team.

"You look at under-16s or under-17s and it’s absolutely riddled with foreign players," he told BBC Radio Manchester.

"What chance does that give to young English players? It gives them virtually no chance.

"You look at Chelsea and Arsenal’s youth teams and you do well to spot an English player. It’s really sad.

"There are hardly any players to play for us. It’s nowhere near what it should be and you can see why we struggle."

Manchester City became the first team this season to not name a single Englishman in their starting XI in Wednesday's League Cup tie with Crystal Palace.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘I can’t believe that England is so impatient!’ – Klopp in no rush to make signings

jurgen-klopp-christian-benteke-dejan-lovren-liverpool_1wejw6uim5kn718lpjttjfjcoe.jpg

By Gill Clark
Nov 1, 2015 23:30:43

The Reds boss says he wants time to evaluate his current squad before deciding whether to splash the cash when the transfer window reopens

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says English football is impatient and insists he is in no rush to bring new players to Anfield.

The German picked up his first victory as Reds boss on Saturday, overseeing an impressive 3-1 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The results leaves his side eighth in the table, but Klopp is keen to work with the players he has before deciding whether to add to his squad when the transfer window reopens.

“I can’t believe that England is so impatient! It is much more difficult. I have been here three weeks,” he told reporters.

“Everyone tells me ‘you want to buy this player, this player, this player’.

“But development is to work with the players you have. It’s like if you have a problem with your wife, you don’t want to change every day!”

“That is the thing, you just work and work and get better. You don’t think about the summer of 2016. I don’t know what will be there.

“We have to try and work, and get closer and see what we can achieve.”

Liverpool are just four points off a Champions League spot but Klopp refused to speculate where the Reds could finish at the end of the season, insisting it was far too early.

“We have to improve everything and then we can talk about where we will be in the table but, at this moment, in November, we cannot talk,” he added.

“I have my first free day since I am in Liverpool and then we start again. We will see what we can do.”

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wilkins angered by Chelsea dressing room claims

1 November 2015

939053header.jpg

Former Chelsea first-team coach Ray Wilkins was angry to learn of reported dissent from within the Stamford Bridge dressing room towards under-fire manager Jose Mourinho.

Chelsea's pitiful Premier League title defence lurched from bad to worse on Saturday as they surrendered a 1-0 lead to lose 3-1 at home to Liverpool, a sixth defeat in 11 league matches this season.

Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic, Diego Costa, Branislav Ivanovic and Cesc Fabregas have been among those to struggle badly so far this season, while long-serving captain John Terry was also dropped in September.

Wilkins appeared as a guest on BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme to address claims that an unnamed Chelsea player has turned decisively against Mourinho.

Host Garry Richardson said that "a Chelsea first-team player" had informed him through "a football contact" that Mourinho's dressing room "relationship, in particular with Eden Hazard is under immense strain".

Most damningly, Richardson reported that the player said "I'd rather lose than win for him [Mourinho]".

Wilkins, who most recently worked on the Stamford Bridge staff between September 2008 and November 2010, said: "First and foremost, I'd like to pick up what you said about the player in the dressing room - what about winning for yourself and your team-mates?"

"I'd love to know who that guy was, I'm intrigued. I find that an appalling statement that he's come out with.

"It angers me a touch, I have to say. Get on with your own job."

Wilkins believes that senior members of the Chelsea dressing room remain behind Mourinho, who he feels is still the right man for the job.

He added that disgruntled players are part of life at any football club.

"You're talking about an individual that's come to you [Richardson], or spoken to you or spoken through a third party who is coming out with these tales," he said.

"In any dressing room if a player isn't selected, a player isn't happy. He only keeps 11 players happy at one given period.

"Whichever manager you are, whichever club you manage - you keep 11 people happy. The rest are disgruntled. Disgruntled players will be from 12 onwards."

Wilkins served as assistant to Tim Sherwood at Aston Villa until the latter was sacked earlier this month.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp has final say on transfers – Ayre

ianayre-cropped_iwbhmgoq2vga1oub8eaon96v8.jpg

By Stephen Creek
Nov 3, 2015 20:36:32

Liverpool's CEO insists the German manager has the final say on all incomings at Anfield - not the club's transfer committee as some have suggested

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp does not require the approval of a committee on transfers, according to club CEO Ian Ayre.

The process for scouting and signing players has not changed in eight years, according to Ayre, who played down the popular idea that Klopp's predecessor, Brendan Rodgers, had his activity in the transfer market restricted by a committee.

Speaking at the Web Summit at the RDS in Dublin, Ayre said: "Brendan had the final say on all the players we signed.

"There's only one person that has the final say over what players at Liverpool Football Club and that's Jurgen Klopp right now. That's always been the case for as long as I've been here.

"The words 'transfer committee' I think got used once and became this idea that we all sit round a table and have a vote on every player we sign. That couldn't be further from the truth.

"The manager will say we are looking for somebody in this position and a bunch of people - a mix of traditional scouts and more recently analytical and digital-based information - bring all of that together as was always the case.

"Then we look at two, three, four players - the best players for that position - show them to the manager, and the manager can go watch or have the scouts go watch those players and narrow it down.

"At that point I'll become more involved and start talking to clubs, agents, players on a negotiations basis and then the manager will choose.

"That's never changed. I've been at the football club eight years. The committee, and we don't think of it as a committee, just the media do, is really a collaboration of all those people that all contribute to let the manager make that decision, and I think that's very smart."

Klopp has already taken charge of three Premier League matches, a Europa League fixture, and a League Cup win over AFC Bournemouth since arriving at Anfield on October 8, and Ayre stressed the point that managers have very little time to devote to transfers.

"Look at the last three months," he said. "We had a game every three days. When is the manager going to fly around the world and watch players? When is the manager going to negotiate with an agent?

"That's not the same as making the decision. The point is using smart processes and people, all of whom have all learnt at all manner of different football clubs and have great experience in the game.

"They are there to provide the manager with the best tools to make the best decision."