• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I confront the teacher?

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
My son was suspended from school for 4 days cos his classmate who is a student leader complain that my son bully him during tutition. I check and was told that the tutor feel that it was a group quarrel and they did not even think it was serious enough to inform me cos boys at tat age tends to quarrel and push one another. My son was also issue warning from the school that 1 more time and he will be expel. My son suffered in silence about this and we only learn about it after 2 weeks from a third party. I am very angry with the school as they did not even call the tutition centre to clarify and just take the word of their student leader. They also did not tell me about the punishment.

What can I do? The centre is prepare to testified that there was no bulling but I worried my son will be marked. My son is in Sec 2 and there is another 2 years to go before he can get out of the school. My son is playful and mischievous in school but he is also helpful and gets along very well with younger kids. In fact he is giving free coaching at RC to the needy kids at the lower primary level. He used his pocket money to buy sweets etc to bribe the kids to study cos that was the way the tutors taught him when he was young. Of course he forgot that his parents paid for it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your son must be an idiot to buy kids sweets. What kind of values have you imparted him?

Don't try to white wash your son as an angel. He is obviously a product of poor parenting. yes that's YOU.

My son was suspended from school for 4 days cos his classmate who is a student leader complain that my son bully him during tutition. I check and was told that the tutor feel that it was a group quarrel and they did not even think it was serious enough to inform me cos boys at tat age tends to quarrel and push one another. My son was also issue warning from the school that 1 more time and he will be expel. My son suffered in silence about this and we only learn about it after 2 weeks from a third party. I am very angry with the school as they did not even call the tutition centre to clarify and just take the word of their student leader. They also did not tell me about the punishment.

What can I do? The centre is prepare to testified that there was no bulling but I worried my son will be marked. My son is in Sec 2 and there is another 2 years to go before he can get out of the school. My son is playful and mischievous in school but he is also helpful and gets along very well with younger kids. In fact he is giving free coaching at RC to the needy kids at the lower primary level. He used his pocket money to buy sweets etc to bribe the kids to study cos that was the way the tutors taught him when he was young. Of course he forgot that his parents paid for it.

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is wrong with buying kids sweet? so did u buy your kid condom? wat value d u impart to yours? If you have nothing constructive pls fuck off

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like your son is a trouble maker

He gets his fair share of trouble. So far in his 1.5 yrs in sec sch, he is punished 3 times (inclusive of this). Is it a lot? I don't know. He is in a boy school and I think boys at this age tends to get into trouble.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. Go on the offensive. Hired good lawyers and sue their pants off.

Tell them "Nobody touches my kid !!!"

Teachers can be arseholes and judgemental too.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
He gets his fair share of trouble. So far in his 1.5 yrs in sec sch, he is punished 3 times (inclusive of this). Is it a lot? I don't know. He is in a boy school and I think boys at this age tends to get into trouble.

Obviously your son has a brain of his own. This is not a good thing. If he does not follow the herd and let people shit on him, he may very well vote for opposition when he grows up, or worse, join the opposition! That's not desirable.

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. Go on the offensive. Hired good lawyers and sue their pants off.

Tell them "Nobody touches my kid !!!"

Teachers can be arseholes and judgemental too.

If my son really bully that student leader, he should be punished. But according to the tutor, they quarrel and there were some pushing. She is prepared to testified.

My question is should I confront the teacher together with the tutor? So far I have very little info. Only that the student leader complain that my son bully him during tution and he is very tramatised by it. The teacher did not even call the tutor to check and suspensed by son for lesson. They have to stand by their student leader I suppose.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your son is incompetent whether as a bully or as a defender against being bullied. The competent one makes sure enough fear of consequences is instilled and inscribed into the hearts and minds of his opponents and teachers that they dare not blow any whistle about his aggression or retaliation.

Such competency is usually borne with, could be learned and acquired though a bit hard. Without which, one is better off recognising the lack thereof, take some blows in the stride and live with it.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
He gets his fair share of trouble...... He is in a boy school and I think boys at this age tends to get into trouble.

Boys ought to be walloped by the father for being naughty. So what's the big deal?
Accept it as part of his life. I don't think school suspend children. Suspension is usually for serious offence - such as bullying or intimidation or fighting - and usually parents are called in (but some parents are forever busy to come). But you mention tuition centre - that's the end of the story.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your son is a pussy and so are you, kena bullied and never retaliated and only leave it to his pussy old man to ask questions in an online forum "how ah? Can i comprain or not? People say my son bully people one leh?"

If you want to teach your son a lesson in standing up for himself, this is clearly a poor example of asking unconcerned strangers whether to confront his teacher or not. So next time when your son gets bullied and decides to confront his bully, would you like him to form an advisory panel of unconcerned strangers on whether to retaliate or not?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am confused and has doubts in TS's story, even though I am quite bright as my nick suggest.

Questions :
1. How is your kid's school related to the Tuition Centre ? If not related, why did the teachers took action of the complaint ? Teachers are well known to stay clear of any issues outside their school.
2. Why is the 'bullying' in tuition centre can get your kid punished in his day school ?
3. All serious warnings/punishment byu the school will always be preceeded by a call or letter to the parent to acknowledge or meet the teacher concerned. Did your kid at least told you anything about the earlier warnings/punishments?

Unless I read the passage wrongly, which I apologies if I really did, it just does not make sense of your kid's day school doing what they did, given that nowadays, schools are very very afraid of parents filing compliants to MOE directly as it can jeopardise their career in MOE, especially the principal.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What can I do? The centre is prepare to testified that there was no bulling but I worried my son will be marked. My son is in Sec 2 and there is another 2 years to go before he can get out of the school. My son is playful and mischievous in school but he is also helpful and gets along very well with younger kids.

Parents should NEVER confront teachers. Parents and teachers represent the voice of authority and should support each other when it comes to issues of discipline and punishment.

When I was at school, I once made the mistake of complaining to my dad about a particular teacher whom I felt had beaten the shit out of me for no valid reason whatsoever. Guess what! my dad gave me another good hiding which I remember to this very day. His logic was simple... it was his job to reinforce whatever disciplinary measures the school dished out. It was part of character building.

I learned my lesson and kept mum about what happened in school from then on. I also learned to fight my own battles.

Kids like your son are simply spoilt brats who go running to mummy over the smallest of issues. The best thing you can do for you son is to tell him face life like a man. It'll do him a world of good when he has to deal with the real world in the not too distant future.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your son is a pussy and so are you, kena bullied and never retaliated and only leave it to his pussy old man to ask questions in an online forum "how ah? Can i comprain or not? People say my son bully people one leh?"

hahahaha

This thread really tells a lot about TS's intelligence level and ability to handle issues.. Wu dai bo ji go online ask stupid questions...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why was your son so stupid to fight a student leader? This will teach him to 打狗看主人.

If you want him to grow up to be a real man, let him deal his own problems. This world is unfair and it will not be the last time he lands in trouble. What if in 10 years time, he punches an MP? The consequences will be unthinkable.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to confront but just ask loh. Why har?

Also impt for your kid to stand up for himself. If dare to be mischievous, must also stand up for himself. I think there are more serious issues involved.