• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sat ERP!!

action_seeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure how many of you are affected..... but with the Saturday implementation is really a pain in the butt ...... as I thought originally ERP was to help ease congestion for business during peak hours and mainly 5 days working days for the masses.

With the new implementation, I found that now it does not make sense to get into town and as it cost $2 to get in..... and since I live just outside of town, all the routes that I'm so used to either gets jammed up due to all the rest trying to avoid the ERP or I found that the shortest way that I'm so used to can't be accessed anymore and had to go a big round just to get to my destination especially when its just on the opposite side but outside the ERP zone (or else I pay $2 twice - do and back! either that or spend more on the petrol!).

I also wonder how much it affects the businesses inside town that will lose customer like me ... like I use to go to Cold Storage Selegie - now I go to the Leisue Dome instead....

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ease congestions?? That is just another where jam built more gantries money spinning strategy.:rolleyes:

jetaime

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the ultimate aim is to force those who can barely afford to drive to give up owning cars ... businesses are not affected as people will go some other place to shop if they dont go into those affected, so overall to economy no difference. In fact for me in Chinatown, quite happy with the ERP and the timing extensions .... now no jam along upper cross street, eu tong sen, etc between 6-8pm .... else always huge jam, esp just after 7pm previously

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
hmm... wait till Sunday also got ERP... looks like our Government is really short of money...

DarthRevan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Saturday ERP implementation is simply illogical. The CBD area is not congested, yet drivers have to pay to get in. Most offices are on a 5-day-work-week system anyway.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one force car owner to drve thru ERP. Those cannot afford should no buy car. Pay car installment, insurance,parking, maintenance, fuel cost, ERP ...... monthly average $1K to $1.5K for the average car on the road.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
on 1 hand, they wanna sell more than cars... they wanna sell papers - called COE.
then, they fear congestion, so they introduce ERP to moderate/ deter traffic, which is ironic, cos majority of sgporeans dont buy cars for fun.... there're pragmatic reasons in having 1.

imagine all car owners scrap their cars, then the car retail biz slumps, putting lotsa car salesmen/women outta jobs. while every1 have their family outings via public transports. i cant imagine how the public transportation can handle the wkend commuters. combined w the FTs & skilled laborers r also out in full force on wkends, we'll soon see ppl stacking themselves on the roof of buses n trains, while others grab onto the tail boards.... in order to get from pt A to B on wkends/public holidays.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Saturday ERP implementation is simply illogical. The CBD area is not congested, yet drivers have to pay to get in. Most offices are on a 5-day-work-week system anyway.

I really wonder why there are still people who believe that the whole idea about ERP is to ease congestion.

Saturday - no ERP = no income
Saturday - ERP = Income

It doesn't matter how few cars paid ERP because its still better than collecting nothing.

The 154th has done a great job as there are still lots of people who believe that ERP is to ease congestion. At the rate its going, the next generation will believe that ERP helps businesses in the affected area:confused:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

I really wonder why there are still people who believe that the whole idea about ERP is to ease congestion. If the byproduct of ERP reduces conngestion, then all the better. However, I cease to believe thats the primary purpose.

Saturday - no ERP = no income
Saturday - ERP = Income

It doesn't matter how few cars paid ERP because its still better than collecting nothing.

The 154th has done a great job as there are still lots of people who believe that ERP is to ease congestion. At the rate its going, the next generation will believe that ERP helps businesses in the affected area:confused:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun b surprised dey wil increase car parking rates nex ...

logic is simple ... wif erp, less ppl drive ... so, dey leave their cars in ze carparks ... :rolleyes:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
but but???? didn't our highly rated grossly underpaid minister said that the ERP will help to boost businesses in the affected areas?

nexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way to make the road flow better is to cut down the number of cars on the road or expand the road. Not increase the price of ERP or increase the ERP gantry. Cars will moves else where. This is the idea though out by our scholars.

Is the people's money well spent on these scholars?