• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng steps down as NSP chief

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Opposition figure Goh Meng Seng has stepped down from his post as Secretary-General of the National Solidarity Party (NSP) for a breather and to take stock of his future.

Mr Goh also said in his blog on Sunday that he would not be contesting for a seat in the NSP Central Executive Committee. "I will go into partisan political sabbatical for at least two years," he said.

Mr Goh also said that in the next couple of months, he would try to help presidential hopeful Mr Tan Kin Lian in his campaign.

Mr Goh added that he could not answer for now if he would be back for the next general election.

He said he has had an exciting one year and four months leading the NSP for the recent general election.

He described the NSP's result as its "best" since its inception but it still did not meet his expectation of winning seats in parliament. "This is one of the small regrets I have so far," he said.

- CNA/ir

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1137257/1/.html

jw5

Loyal
After 2006, he had decided to retire from politics.
This forum when it started in 2008, is full of posts persuading him not to and of course, also some telling him good riddance. :biggrin:

The evidence is still here! :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All to best to Goh Meng Seng!

There might have been differences in opinions but I still respect him for the work he's done.

I hope he has a good rest and spend more quality time with his family.

jw5

Loyal

There might have been differences in opinions but I still respect him for the work he's done.

This I definitely agree. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He sold his flat to contest the just concluded election right? NSP took a beating, now he want to beat it!..beat it!.

I think he is flogging the wrong horse again, even though I never liked any of the 'tans'....:p

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Opposition figure Goh Meng Seng has stepped down from his post as Secretary-General of the National Solidarity Party (NSP) for a breather and to take stock of his future.

Mr Goh also said in his blog on Sunday that he would not be contesting for a seat in the NSP Central Executive Committee. "I will go into partisan political sabbatical for at least two years," he said.

KNNPCB didn't dat fat bastard loudmouth sore loser Goh Meng Seng vow to pack his bag and fuck off to Hong Kong if he lost the election? Why is he still in Singapore????? Didn't he sold his flat and getting ready to join his wifey in Hong Kong? What happen now? His wifey change her mind and decide not to let him stay with her in Hongkong arh? See lah...dis the consequences of a married like Goh Meng Seng fucking around with PRCs PDMM and later kena expose...:rolleyes::oIo::oIo:

GOH MENG SENG, KEEP YOUR PROMISE DAT U WILL FUCK OFF TO HONG KONG FOR GOOD IF U LOSE THE ELECTION....FUCKING LIAR!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, former Reform Party chaps take up a significant portion - 5 out of 15 or one-third. And then 10 out of 17 in the last CEC have gone. I wasn't too wrong last time. Basically one can say RP helped to renew NSP.

Surprisingly no change in President. Perhaps a VP from among the 5 ex-RP will be and most likely be Jeannette.

A large number of veterans like Cheo, Ken Sun, Yip Yew Weng, are not in, are either asked to give way or failed to get elected. Yadzeth and Raymond Chua would probably be more than happy to give way on the other hand. Obvious signs of heavy contests.

All 3 former WP chaps who went over to NSP in 2006 are out including Abdul Salim and Lee Wai Leng. But nothing much here to read into as they are not strongly into it.

Surprise entry of ex SDP's Kwan Yue Keng who is old and overseas and retention of Reno Fong who is mostly busy. Another obvious signs of heavy contests where everyone contested to retain position to support their buddies so the result became random.

Surprise renewal of young CEC include Webmaster Elvin Ong and Malay Bureau chief Nor Lella. Again, obvious signs of heavy contests where there is no planning. Perhaps co-optation will come.

Surprise absence of Jeisilan who was organising secretary in Reform and with exit of Abdul Rasheed, no more Indian representation. I suspect he contested but may be wrong.

Sebastian Teo (President)
Hazel Poa (Sec-Gen)
Christopher Neo
Gan Theng Wei
Ivan Yeo
Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss
Kwan Yue Keng
Nicole Seah
Noraini Bte Yunus
Raymond Lim
Reno Fong
Steve Chia
Syafarin Bin Sarif
Tan Chee Kien
Tony Tan

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is predictable. This is Sebastian's party and the role of SG was a joke and evident in press conference protocol.

I think it is an excellent strategic move by GMS. Keep the profile by forming a NGO, two to three years later morph into a Political party and begin the next campaign. Eventually the penny will drop for Jeannette and the newcomers and they will likely move to another party or to the one that GMS forms.

GD and I have previously mentioned about Sebastian and company.

Credit to GMS for being an honourable oriental gentleman and I mean that in a sincere way. He knew quickly that the setup was wrong but did not sabotage but did his best until the elections and exited without creating a dramatic fall-out.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now that I have stepped down, you should not have any problems with me commenting on other opposition parties, especially WP. :wink:

It is NOT surprising that you have NOT commented on the MORE interesting new WP CEC co-option but instead chose to commenting on NSP! :wink:

I would give you one GOOD advice. Don't try to speculate on things or situations you hardly know and try to stick to opposition party, like WP, which you know better!

For example, what so "surprisingly" about Sebastian remaining as the President? Your previous speculation about ex-RP taking over NSP is rather wrong! That's not really surprising to me! And in fact, 5 out of 15 CEC seats is just one third, nothing close to "total control" of NSP as you would have wished to see!

As I have said, NSP isn't that small as you think. So stop being "surprised". Unlike what you are so used to, "orderly planned election" (hey, what is that? Kelong?) NSP elected their representatives with their free will.

There is nothing wrong if no Indians is being elected into CEC if this is the consensus of all NSP congress members. Only "Kelong" election will try to dictate who we should have in CEC. There are two Malays in CEC. So what?

If your previous assertion is right that ex-RP people will take control of NSP, then ALL ex-RP people will be elected into CEC! But now, you turn around to say "it is hotly contested"? And then, suddenly claim "surprise" that veteran Kwang Yue Keng is elected! Hmm... head you win, tail I lose!

You can only have so many "surprises" when you just talking nonsense all the time. The truth is, it means that the integration between ex-RP people with the "old core" members have come to a certain level of maturity. People are voted in based on merits, not just because you belong to which groupings. Without the approval and support of either sides, nobody can get elected. Simple as that.

Please go and talk nonsense about other parties like WP which you know best. Leave NSP alone. You really know nuts about it. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

As expected, former Reform Party chaps take up a significant portion - 5 out of 15 or one-third. And then 10 out of 17 in the last CEC have gone. I wasn't too wrong last time. Basically one can say RP helped to renew NSP.

Surprisingly no change in President. Perhaps a VP from among the 5 ex-RP will be and most likely be Jeannette.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal,

You are pretty scary at times! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

This is predictable. This is Sebastian's party and the role of SG was a joke and evident in press conference protocol.

I think it is an excellent strategic move by GMS. Keep the profile by forming a NGO, two to three years later morph into a Political party and begin the next campaign. Eventually the penny will drop for Jeannette and the newcomers and they will likely move to another party or to the one that GMS forms.

Credit to GMS for being an honourable oriental gentleman and I mean that in a sincere way. He knew quickly that the setup was wrong but did not sabotage but did his best until the elections and exited without creating a dramatic fall-out.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now that I have stepped down, you should not have any problems with commenting on other opposition parties, especially WP. :wink:

It is NOT surprising that you have NOT commented on the MORE interesting new WP CEC co-option but instead chose to commenting on NSP! :wink:

I would give you one GOOD advice. Don't try to speculate on things or situations you hardly know and try to stick to opposition party, like WP, which you know better!

For example, what so "surprisingly" about Sebastian remaining as the President? Your previous speculation about ex-RP taking over NSP is rather wrong! That's not really surprising to me! And in fact, 5 out of 15 CEC seats is just one third, nothing close to "total control" of NSP as you would have wished to see!

As I have said, NSP isn't that small as you think. So stop being "surprised". Unlike what you are so used to, "orderly planned election" (hey, what is that? Kelong?) NSP elected their representatives with their free will.

There is nothing wrong is no Indians is being elected into CEC if this is the consensus of all NSP congress members. Only "Kelong" election will try to dictate who we should have in CEC. There are two Malays in CEC. So what?

If your previous assertion is right that ex-RP people will take control of NSP, then ALL ex-RP people will be elected into CEC! But now, you turn around to say "it is hotly contested"? And then, suddenly claim "surprise" that veteran Kwang Yue Keng is elected! Hmm... head you win, tail I lose!

You can only have so many "surprises" when you just talking nonsense all the time. The truth is, it means that the integration between ex-RP people with the "old core" members have come to a certain level of maturity. People are voted in based on merits, not just because you belong to which groupings. Without the approval and support of either sides, nobody can get elected. Simple as that.

Please go and talk nonsense about other parties like WP which you know best. Leave NSP alone. You really know nuts about it. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

In reality the NSP Sec Gen post is not the same as WP's or SDP's. The former isn't even included in the elections decision committee whereas the latter 2 actually heads it. There is a president (which means preside) and not chairman (which chairs meetings). The role has always been bogged down by admin, operations and the dirty work. The culture of the veterans does not help. Obviously Steve Chia didn't want it after the maid issue was long blown over, preferring treasurer.

Yes I give credit to the resident clown though I made my post largely to provoke him knowing what is on me is personal and very easy to get a response. That is why I haven't commented on other parties.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for your stubbornness, I think you wear your heart on your sleeve. You also have the nuance to be a first rate politician and do this country a lot of good. Politics must come from the ground and not dictated by some old prick from the Istana or a cabal of businessmen.

You achieved the biggest opposition swing in GE history and you were constrained by turf. The next GE is expected to be a wide open slather and previous turf rights would not be a factor. You have gained too much to give up. And I know that you have not given up.

Scroobal,

You are pretty scary at times! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fark you and your partisan political sabbatical. It is just an excuse for you to skive and reappear when the time comes. At least 2 years? I say at least until 3 months close to next GE.:oIo:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Except for your stubbornness, I think you wear your heart on your sleeve. You also have the nuance to be a first rate politician and do this country a lot of good. Politics must come from the ground and not dictated by some old prick from the Istana or a cabal of businessmen.

You achieved the biggest opposition swing in GE history and you were constrained by turf. The next GE is expected to be a wide open slather and previous turf rights would not be a factor. You have gained too much to give up. And I know that you have not given up.

My sentiments exactly.

No doubt we will see GMS in 2016. In the meanwhile, have a good sabbatical as you deserved a good rest. Later on, working the ground without any baggage and shackled by party politics, you can achieve much more. You have progress further than when you initially started after going into politics and it was a good fight. Congratulations and no doubt the next round will be even better.:biggrin:

The White Rose

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is lame duck position. I think many are not aware.

In reality the NSP Sec Gen post is not the same as WP's or SDP's. The former isn't even included in the elections decision committee whereas the latter 2 actually heads it. There is a president (which means preside) and not chairman (which chairs meetings). The role has always been bogged down by admin, operations and the dirty work. The culture of the veterans does not help. Obviously Steve Chia didn't want it after the maid issue was long blown over, preferring treasurer.

Yes I give credit to the resident clown though I made my post largely to provoke him knowing what is on me is personal and very easy to get a response. That is why I haven't commented on other parties.

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offence to all and especially GMS, but i think he made the right move (assuming it was voluntary). I wouldn't advise running for office again. You got no charisma, take pride in not playing to the gallery... By all means do the think-tank (whatever that means) but leave the fund raising side to other people. Am glad to see you out of public office, look forward to hearing unbridled views.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Captain Goh Meng Seng, me, my whole family and my Tampines buddies all voted for you during the recent GE.....

Even though you lost to MBT, you still soldiered on admirably despite the loss of your brother..

Wishing you all the best in all your future plans..:smile: