• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sungapore UNIVERSAL STUDIOs Goes HALAL?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I caught a fleeting report on CNA or Channel 5 news last night where some ANG MO Vice President was heard saying food outlets at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS are HALAL...blah blah. He even went on to say we are surrounded by muslim countries giving malaysia and Indonesia as examples.

WTF is this? The more we highlight such things the more problems will arise.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE WHOLE VIDEO INTERVIEW CLIP FROM LAST NIGHT TO GET A BETTER PICTURE OF WHAT WAS SAID. CAN SOMEONE POST THAT NEWS CLIP HERE? THANKS!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I warned of this just yesterday. http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=423991&postcount=2

The problem with non muslim Singaporeans is they still hold the mistaken belief that they form the "majority". The reality of the situation is that around 3 million non muslims are swimming in a sea of 300 million halal consumers. There is a huge wide world out there just a few kilometers beyond the titchy borders of the little red dot.

Businesses in Singapore can't afford to just cater for the domestic market. Their target customer base encompasses the whole region and muslims just happen to form the majority. There are going to be more and more halal joints whether the ethnic Chinese like it or not. I wouldn't even be surprised if Friday replaced Sunday as a day of rest in the not too distant future.

Sinkies need to look at the bigger picture and do some serious soul searching and ask themselves some hard questions regarding the long term viability of the tiny country they call home.

While the majority spend their time bitching about ministerial salaries, electoral boundaries, foreign talent invasions and Jack Neo's erotic adventures, these issues are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Singapore's very existence as a sovereign nation is at stake and it may not be too long before all the Tans are forced to become the Tantonos.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
true we are minority.
but you are also minority in sea of red necks.

While you might like to wish that upon me, it couldn't be further from the truth. I hardly ever come across red necks in my day to day life and those I have encountered seem to have no problems with me. Perhaps the colour of my neck is on their "white list" but that's a story for another day.

However, when I'm in Singapore, not a day passes without my being reminded that the region belongs to the muslims.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I warned of this just yesterday. .... before all the Tans are forced to become the Tantonos.

Don't paint the wrong picture lah. you talk as if Porky pig or haram food is found in universal studios, the camel riding ottomans will arrive and chop off our heads and ravage our women.

universal studios, like macdonald, kfc in singapore, choose to be halal become of the lucrative Indo/malaysia tourist market.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Don't paint the wrong picture lah. you talk as if Porky pig or haram food is found in universal studios, the camel riding ottomans will arrive and chop off our heads and ravage our women.

Invasions nowadays don't necessarily involve bloodshed. While it may be comforting to assume that the decision is purely commercial, what is less obvious but extremely pertinent is the fact that in going halal, the non muslims at these outlets are being deprived of THEIR rights and are being forced to consume food that has been prepared by going through a religious ritual that has nothing to do with their beliefs whatsoever.

When I want to indulge, Bacon, Eggs and Pork sausages is my favourite breakfast combo. I rue the day when it is forced off the menu by a religion that I am not a part of. You should too.

Wars have often been fought over the centuries to defend a way of life. However, the muslims are succeeding in imposing their ways without having to fire a shot a slit a single throat simply because the non muslims don't even realise what is happening.

By the time they do, it will be too late to turn back the clock. The majority need to draw a line in the sand NOW and stand up for their rights as they did with the McDonald's zodiac collection saga. With Sinkie based businesses going regional, it may be a losing battle but at least the non muslims can say they put up a good fight.

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam - you are over reacting.
The Muslim countries in this region do not practice full halal for all their makan places. look at malaysia, indonesia and brunei - they still maintain non-halal food joints for the non-muslims.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you aware that abstaining from eating scavenger meat like pork being the most common and less common shark catfish, shell fishes helps the body alot.

Muslims following the law is quite similar to the torah which is kosher (more comprehensive as they list almost all the common scavengers).

So the question you should consider is for the sake of health for the public who strives to eat well. should you be more considerate as the kitchen prepared cannot contain BOTH clean healthy food and bacteria prone meat?

perhaps a more better solution is to have different stalls some halal some open to all.

btw, im not muslim but i try to follow kosher diet and it has helped my health problems alot.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Invasions nowadays don't necessarily involve bloodshed. While it may be comforting to assume that the decision is purely commercial, what is less obvious but extremely pertinent is the fact that in going halal, the non muslims at these outlets are being deprived of THEIR rights and are being forced to consume food that has been prepared by going through a religious ritual that has nothing to do with their beliefs whatsoever.

When I want to indulge, Bacon, Eggs and Pork sausages is my favourite breakfast combo. I rue the day when it is forced off the menu by a religion that I am not a part of. You should too.

Wars have often been fought over the centuries to defend a way of life. However, the muslims are succeeding in imposing their ways without having to fire a shot a slit a single throat simply because the non muslims don't even realise what is happening.

By the time they do, it will be too late to turn back the clock. The majority need to draw a line in the sand NOW and stand up for their rights as they did with the McDonald's zodiac collection saga. With Sinkie based businesses going regional, it may be a losing battle but at least the non muslims can say they put up a good fight.

Yes,

that is the bigger picture.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam - you are over reacting.
The Muslim countries in this region do not practice full halal for all their makan places. look at malaysia, indonesia and brunei - they still maintain non-halal food joints for the non-muslims.

You miss the point. I'm not saying that non halal food is not available. I've had fantastic non halal food even in the most conservative of muslim nations.

What I am saying is that when large organisations and enterprises start changing their policies to pander to the requirements imposed by Islam, it should start raising alarm bells and the question should be asked as to what the end game is going to look like.

I used to make regular visits to Malaysia in the course of work. Most of the companies I visited had halal cafetarias. These were private companies mind you. The Chinese formed the majority of the workforce but they all had to eat Nasi Padang on a daily basis unless they went across the road to a nearby coffee shop. They could still get pork but doing so involved inconvenience and extra expense. Do you want Singapore to end up the same way?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Are you aware that abstaining from eating scavenger meat like pork being the most common and less common shark catfish, shell fishes helps the body alot.

People should have every right to choose their diet according to their own cultures and beliefs. I eat very little meat nowadays. I consume meat only on special occasions.

The issue here is not about what is good and what is bad. It's about the right to make your own choices and not have them imposed upon you by someone else.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You miss the point. I'm not saying that non halal food is not available. I've had fantastic non halal food even in the most conservative of muslim nations.

What I am saying is that when large organisations and enterprises start changing their policies to pander to the requirements imposed by Islam, it should start raising alarm bells and the question should be asked as to what the end game is going to look like.

I used to make regular visits to Malaysia in the course of work. Most of the companies I visited had halal cafetarias. These were private companies mind you. The Chinese formed the majority of the workforce but they all had to eat Nasi Padang on a daily basis unless they went across the road to a nearby coffee shop. They could still get pork but doing so involved inconvenience and extra expense. Do you want Singapore to end up the same way?

Sam, you raised a good point of discussion here. our no.1 enemies are not the 300m muslims around us, but the 3m fundamentalist/extremists who seek to impose the caliphate in SEA.

they will point to secular singapore as a bastion of evil and sin, corrupting the goods morals of pious muslims.

the existence of Singapore, the sovereign state, has been the main concern of our leaders since independence.

so if all it takes is halal food and other small compromises like halah markets in geylang in order to ensure survival of sovereign Singapore, then i think its a small price to pay.

to this end, the mega churches with their message of xtian supremacy will be a bigger threat to the survivability of Singapore than a halal universal studios.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the time they do, it will be too late to turn back the clock. The majority need to draw a line in the sand NOW and stand up for their rights as they did with the McDonald's zodiac collection sage. With Sinkie based businesses going regional, it may be a losing battle but at least the non muslims can say they put up a good fight.
Ha ha. you damn joker.
On 1 thread you are chastitising forummers for thinking they are owners of this lump of soil in the muslim region. now you are rallying us to fight for our way of life. You shifting your stance?

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, you raised a good point of discussion here. our no.1 enemies are not the 300m muslims around us, but the 3m fundamentalist/extremists who seek to impose the caliphate in SEA.

they will point to secular singapore as a bastion of evil and sin, corrupting the goods morals of pious muslims.

the existence of Singapore, the sovereign state, has been the main concern of our leaders since independence.

so if all it takes is halal food and other small compromises like halah markets in geylang in order to ensure survival of sovereign Singapore, then i think its a small price to pay.

to this end, the mega churches with their message of xtian supremacy will be a bigger threat to the survivability of Singapore than a halal universal studios.

i last checked SG is still majority chinese and 70% of the population, and we still still have freedom of religion.

this is about personal choice and not forcing their religion or culture on those who don't belive or live by it.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal

No I didnt miss the point la leong sam. I did propose a share of both halal and non halal and even better got vegetarian stores only.

I used to be a kway chap monster and then tried kosher before moving to vegetarian. The world of food and health is not just not eating pork or halal perse as we are aware too that mad scientist have got the go ahead to alter our food supplies so the freedom of choice is not an issue but the fight to eat only good food is the answer.

In fact Halal, like what you say is good and also bad. The hypocrasy of halal is that its using religion authority in the basis of "clean" and holy food. But they dont realise that if they go by the logic of "scavenger" as unclean then how about other scavenger meat like prawns and crabs, shark, catfish, etc??? thas why muslims can eat kosher prepared food but jews cant eat halal food. If im not wrong, halal used to ban shell fishes long ago, then perhaps someone like hey mee then no choice lor!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
i last checked SG is still majority chinese and 70% of the population, and we still still have freedom of religion.

this is about personal choice and not forcing their religion or culture on those who don't belive or live by it.

i do believe we are discussing hypotheticals here.

i agree its about personal choice, but the extremists don't agree with you, and that is the threat to sovereign singapore. so the discussion can be framed as "what does it take to counter the propaganda of the caliphate-building extremists?"

i merely suggested i could live with halal restaurants if it means i get to keep posting on sammyboy.