• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ON a single weekend, we get 3,600 new citizens

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some 3,600 people become new citizens of Singapore
By S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 22 August 2009 1709 hrs

phpeVEmbE.jpg

Mr Lim Swee Say (far right) with new Singapore citizens.

SINGAPORE: Some 3,600 people became citizens of Singapore on Saturday at citizenship ceremonies held islandwide.

The ceremonies took place at Group Representative Constituencies (GRCs), while the National Citizenship Ceremony was held in the Supreme Court Auditorium.

Ministers and Members of Parliament officiating at the ceremonies have called on both new and existing citizens to get to know one another better.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, Mr Lim Swee Say, also urged them to learn more than one language.

Many of the new citizens, who are of different ages and come from various countries, said they want to become Singapore citizens because the country is safe and secure, and they will not face discrimination.

Arevalo Sheila Marie Paloma, one the new citizens, said: "I feel very welcomed. My children have Chinese, Indian, Filipino friends and they get along well with them."

The status of being a citizen also comes with responsibilities to the country, like National Service.

Muthappan Krishnan, another new citizen, said: "I did chat (about National Service) with quite a few friends and what they said, I recall, is that it is a transition phase from boyhood to manhood, so I thought it's a good method to go through the process and I am happy about it."

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean emphasised that building a strong and closely knit community is a greater challenge during these difficult economic times.

"A number of us would have come from countries which are much more mono-ethnic and mono-religious, where most of the people are of one race or one religion. In some cases, you have come from countries where there may be tensions or conflicts amongst people of different races and religions.

"But when we come here to Singapore, we must commit ourselves to putting those things aside and commit ourselves to learning to live in peace and harmony, and understanding with our neighbours and fellow Singaporeans," he said.

A key theme during this year's National Day celebrations is the importance of integration between old and new citizens. New citizens are encouraged to be active citizens by joining various community activities in their constituencies.

The National Citizenship Ceremony is held in August to coincide with the National Day celebrations.

- CNA/so

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is hardly surprising.

This national problem of citizens not giving birth, has to be put in proper context and cannot be taken lightly !!

That is why you do not need rocket science to deduce the reason as to why so many young, qualified and educated foreigners are "encouraged" to study, work and settle here as citizens and PRs.

The paramount reason is the extremely low birth rate and the increase in the number of aged Singaporeans.

The problems are exerbated by the increase in the rising number of old lonely Singaporean singles and wretched bitter divorcees.

If this problem is not addressed, this TINY red dot will become a depressive GIANT old aged home !!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The status of being a citizen also comes with responsibilities to the country, like National Service.

Muthappan Krishnan, another new citizen, said: "... it is a transition phase from boyhood to manhood, ..." ...
ah muthappan ...

u nid dat 2 transit fr boyhood 2 manhood, meh? ...

2 transit fr boyhood 2 manhood, all u nid is n election ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The paramount reason is the extremely low birth rate and the increase in the number of aged Singaporeans.

Importing replacements is not really going to fix the problem.

The current generation have voted with their feet & left Spore. The same thing will happen to these "new" citizens as long as the familee is in power.

As for the problem of divorces. Other countries are facing the same problem but in Spore it's more of a problem because of the materialism that has crept into marriage.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
On one hand, PAP take good care of our Malays, but on another, they are afraid Malay's population blown out of proportion, which is why they have no choice but to bring in more foreigners as citizen.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
if not how to keep HDB CB holes at 300K to 800k.

PAP baboons are millionaires, if no FT citizens, PAP bastards and special -status malays become destitutes.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish you people will stop being silly. This is just the citizenship ceremony. They collect enough people then hold these citizenship ceremonies. We do not get 3,600 new citizens every weekend.

phpeVEmbE.jpg

SINGAPORE: Some 3,600 people became citizens of Singapore on Saturday at citizenship ceremonies held islandwide.

The ceremonies took place at Group Representative Constituencies (GRCs), while the National Citizenship Ceremony was held in the Supreme Court Auditorium.

Ministers and Members of Parliament officiating at the ceremonies have called on both new and existing citizens to get to know one another better.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, Mr Lim Swee Say, also urged them to learn more than one language.

Many of the new citizens, who are of different ages and come from various countries, said they want to become Singapore citizens because the country is safe and secure, and they will not face discrimination.

Arevalo Sheila Marie Paloma, one the new citizens, said: "I feel very welcomed. My children have Chinese, Indian, Filipino friends and they get along well with them."

The status of being a citizen also comes with responsibilities to the country, like National Service.

Muthappan Krishnan, another new citizen, said: "I did chat (about National Service) with quite a few friends and what they said, I recall, is that it is a transition phase from boyhood to manhood, so I thought it's a good method to go through the process and I am happy about it."

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean emphasised that building a strong and closely knit community is a greater challenge during these difficult economic times.

"A number of us would have come from countries which are much more mono-ethnic and mono-religious, where most of the people are of one race or one religion. In some cases, you have come from countries where there may be tensions or conflicts amongst people of different races and religions.

"But when we come here to Singapore, we must commit ourselves to putting those things aside and commit ourselves to learning to live in peace and harmony, and understanding with our neighbours and fellow Singaporeans," he said.

A key theme during this year's National Day celebrations is the importance of integration between old and new citizens. New citizens are encouraged to be active citizens by joining various community activities in their constituencies.

The National Citizenship Ceremony is held in August to coincide with the National Day celebrations.

- CNA/so

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kena sia ................

- CNA/so

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what are they holding in their hand. anyone have a close up shot of the toilet paper?

phpeVEmbE.jpg

- CNA/so [/SIZE][/B]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you fail your maths in school right? what kind of math is that, do you know something call exponential distribution- cumulative distribution function.
325px-Exponential_distribution_cdf.png

At this rate, we will get 3600x52 = 187200 new NS slaves per year. That's a population growth rate of 4.2%, fastest on this planet.

Ho say aa!

We are on track to getting 35.2 million people by 2059, exactly as I predicted in my thread
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=35947

So does anyone still think I exaggerated when I said we will have 35m people in 2059?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they need that newly minted pink IC to get into NUS and NTU or can they get into it on their own capabilities?

If it is the former, we don't need them.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the suckers and stupid ones. The smart ones would just be PR and fuck off after getting what they want.