• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Managing Agent's issue

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The implication of AIM-FMSS saga is far beyond FMSS to WP.

The implications of AIM-FMSS saga is this...

In all fairness, I have not attacked WP unreasonably in any ways. We want opposition in parliament but what WP has given us really fall short of first world or first class as they claimed. Right from sex scandal to conflict of interests in management.

As opposition supporters, you should worry more of the dwindling credibility of the only opposition in parliament than anything else. Don't really need to worry about me.

PAP cannot divert attention if there is nothing for them to fire. Whose fault? Well, frankly speaking, whatever PAP tried to justify AIM, nobody will believe because people have already made up their minds. The problem is, WP got itself into this mess because of its inability to safeguard a stringent standard against potential conflict of interests. This could mean a lot more things in terms of playing the role of opposition in parliament. It would mean that it has lost its moral high ground totally on good governance and good practice to point fingers at PAP's wrong doing in future. It would mean that it will have to condone various bad practices happening in the government...

To put it straight, it has even no moral authority to criticise PAP over the bomptom bike tender procedure! It would have lost all its effectiveness as opposition in parliament to give the necessary checks and balances.

It is not just about AIM nor FMSS anymore. It is about something more damaging towards Democratic development for Singapore.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't think Singaporeans are blind or ignorant of the various blatant conflicts of interests in PAP government but Singaporeans have endured it throughout the decades. i.e. Singaporeans have continued voted PAP in the past to return it into monopoly power.

However, I would say Singaporeans are just hoping to have a BETTER alternative to PAP, a party that would be different from PAP in the way it manages the system and governance. WP has promised that First World First Class alternative but once this FMSS being revealed, all hope has been decimated. That is the level of damage WP is suffering.

What is more disturbing is that WP doesn't seem to know what went wrong and still insists they are above board... above legality but not ethical good governance. They are using the very same low standards that PAP has applied to themselves and it will send doubts into people that they won't be better than PAP after all. This is the vast damage WP is suffering from this FMSS saga

Goh Meng Seng

Somewhat surprised by this. Shouldn't the PAP have higher standing and expectations than WP? They are after all supposed to be the best of the best that Singapore has to offer which is why we have to pay them so much. How did we end up with WP now being ahead of the PAP?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

The fact is, the present AHTC is still run by the ex-GM of HGTC and her husband plus the other staffs from HGTC. period.
Paid up capital aside, both companies are skeleton empty shell companies without any backbone staffs.
Wee Cho Yaw didn't subcontract the management of his bank to a company he owned and still sits as Chairman of the bank
AIM, still subcontract out maintenance to another company, just like FMSS subcontracting cleaning services out.

For the interests of Singapore, BOTH PAP and WP will have to be taken to task for the glaring and blatant potential conflict of interests in their dealings.

I hope I have answered you.

Goh Meng Seng

A few questions on FMSS-gate for Rabid GohMS aka Mr I'm-always-right aka Mr I-always-have-the-last-word:-

a) Has anyone deliberately hide any facts like in AIM-gate where the directors are some White Scums and when the fire started to spread $8 Malaysian Cow belatedly admitted AIM is White Scum, White Scum is AIM?

b) Is anyone, other potential bidder to the TC tender, residents, etc, etc, deliberately disadvantaged like in AIM-gate where the bidder for some strange reasons must have directors with TC experience?

c) Is there any law, real or imaginary, that forbids associates of WP to bid for the TC tender?

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, I would say Singaporeans are just hoping to have a BETTER alternative to PAP, a party that would be different from PAP in the way it manages the system and governance. WP has promised that First World First Class alternative but once this FMSS being revealed, all hope has been decimated. That is the level of damage WP is suffering.

Only in your wildest wet dreams are the Worker's Party suffering from any damage from this saga. From what I've seen, nothing has changed. The only people that are attacking the Worker's Party with Teo Ho Pin's message are the same people that have already been attacking the Worker's Party before. Considering that the biggest criticisms now, apart from known PAP supporters, come you, I don't think it is something the Worker's Party is going to lose sleep over.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If WP isn't losing sleep, Sylvia won't be issuing so many media releases within such a short span of days. :wink:

Well, at least Sylvia is losing a lot of sleep. Such things, you can't fool people one.

Goh Meng Seng

Only in your wildest wet dreams are the Worker's Party suffering from any damage from this saga. From what I've seen, nothing has changed. The only people that are attacking the Worker's Party with Teo Ho Pin's message are the same people that have already been attacking the Worker's Party before. Considering that the biggest criticisms now, apart from known PAP supporters, come you, I don't think it is something the Worker's Party is going to lose sleep over.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WP responds, they are scared; if they don't, they are idle.

Heads you win, tails they lose. You solid lah.

If WP isn't losing sleep, Sylvia won't be issuing so many media releases within such a short span of days. :wink:

Well, at least Sylvia is losing a lot of sleep. Such things, you can't fool people one.

Goh Meng Seng

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Your record of past political predicitons speaks volumes. So when you say WP will suffer from this saga I will not lose any sleep over it.

Remember Mr. 5% Tan Kin Lian advisor aka Goh Meng Seng.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, both PAP and WP are guilty, the more I see WP trying to defend themselves, the more guilty they become.

Singaporeans are practical people, why should they pay 50 percent more in a WP town council as in $8.04 vs $4.99 in a PAP town council? People get to save money if they have a PAP town council! Wonder where is that value for money that Ms Sylvia Lim talked about.

WP would come out a hero if they have called proper tenders and does not award contracts to party supporters and friends, same goes for PAP. Now it looks like WP has joined PAP in the business of croynism..

In the August 2012 tender, FMSS increased the unit rate to S$8.04. This is more than 50 per cent higher than the unit rate (S$4.99 in 2012) paid by Tampines TC, a comparable-sized estate, to its MA.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Mei,

Honestly even the quote from Tampines is in doubt. Firstly its even lower than what CPG was charging the PAP and what CPG was charging Punggol East and thats even assuming the contracts are standardised.

Locke

Aiyah, both PAP and WP are guilty, the more I see WP trying to defend themselves, the more guilty they become.

Singaporeans are practical people, why should they pay 50 percent more in a WP town council as in $8.04 vs $4.99 in a PAP town council? People get to save money if they have a PAP town council! Wonder where is that value for money that Ms Sylvia Lim talked about.

WP would come out a hero if they have called proper tenders and does not award contracts to party supporters and friends, same goes for PAP. Now it looks like WP has joined PAP in the business of croynism..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As if WP wants an insect back. This insect is full of shit hence Mr Got More Shit. He attacks WP without any proper reason n yet keep quiet about all the shit PAP is throwing out. GUESS PAP is throwing him the shit and he throws it at WP. Wat a low life sorry excuse of an opposition member. He is a pappie dog lapping up his master's crap.

I thought he was supposed to rejoin WP?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly and well said. PAP has monopolised this space and has set the standards. If they a really concerned about residents, they would have kept TC firmly under HDB or MND. Not only will residents face cheaper conservancy charges arising from economies of scale, they would control at a high level. The PAP was happily sharing spoils with their various sycophants and grassroots supporters and giving a role to PSP candidates rejected at the polls but even doing trivial things like selling funeral blankets to TCs.

Somewhat surprised by this. Shouldn't the PAP have higher standing and expectations than WP? They are after all supposed to be the best of the best that Singapore has to offer which is why we have to pay them so much. How did we end up with WP now being ahead of the PAP?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
crap... argue so much for what? asked my kopi kakis around the neighborhood and we all agreed we'd still be voting against the MIW in the next GE.

KBW, THP, wu chee put your names as candidates in the Aljunied GRC chee kua mai.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good questions.

A few questions on FMSS-gate for Rabid GohMS aka Mr I'm-always-right aka Mr I-always-have-the-last-word:-

a) Has anyone deliberately hide any facts like in AIM-gate where the directors are some White Scums and when the fire started to spread $8 Malaysian Cow belatedly admitted AIM is White Scum, White Scum is AIM?

b) Is anyone, other potential bidder to the TC tender, residents, etc, etc, deliberately disadvantaged like in AIM-gate where the bidder for some strange reasons must have directors with TC experience?

c) Is there any law, real or imaginary, that forbids associates of WP to bid for the TC tender?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another good suggestion.

If they are so concerned abt of Aljunied, ask these 2 clowns to put their mouth where their money is. If they win they can throw out the Managing Agent which they are so upset with.

crap... argue so much for what? asked my kopi kakis around the neighborhood and we all agreed we'd still be voting against the MIW in the next GE.

KBW, THP, wu chee put your names as candidates in the Aljunied GRC chee kua mai.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure people will be upset on why a tender was not called. But this does take into account what WP faces compared to the PAP in this space. Nobody with means will bid to avoid the wrath of the PAP. There is also the desire to do good for residents who have given the mandate. I am sure they are not going to do it again.

i am sure the residents are not facing higher charges from AHTC. Someone please clarify. This is the total award costs divided by units. The PAP contractors are govt linked and have huge economies of scale. EMS for instance is huge. And guess where it was hived from. The economics alone is mind boggling.

The specs may also differ in terms so we might not even be comparing apples to apples.

If the PAP is sure there is malice, fraud or underhanded practices in AHTC, ask them to hold an inquiry that is independent which must include all TCs, their contractors, related parties, involved with political parties etc. if they are concerned about Singapore, let me see them do it.

They failed miserably to even explain AIMgate. In a report accepted by the PM, it states that the TCs controlled by PAP felt that AIM a $2 company has track record and IT experience. Ask AIM to release their resume, their audited 5 years P&L accounts, references from their past customers. I do not need anything else from the AIMgate affair.

In the scheme of things, we are talking about a serial Gang Rapist (PAP) accusing a young adolescent boy(WP) of touching the perky tits of his school mate. And GMS has all his lights shining on the school boy.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The battle is won via the middle ground shift, not from the die hard core supporters. Middle ground look at things very differently from the die hard core.

Goh Meng Seng

Another good suggestion.

If they are so concerned abt of Aljunied, ask these 2 clowns to put their mouth where their money is. If they win they can throw out the Managing Agent which they are so upset with.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

On the basic rates of S n C conservancy which is between Tampines and Aljunied it is broadly comparable and with it seems AJ coming in a bit lower

The issue at hand is how that S n C charges are managed in order to deliver everything or the final product to the resident as laid out in the town council act hence the main con and sub con analogy as laid out earlier.

How more expensive is the WP main con versus a GLC main con is the subject of debate. The rate shown in Tampines by KBW is lower by 50% then the WP rate. However because we do not know exactly what goes into being a Tampines Main Con or MA we have no clue whether its apples oranges or apples and bananas.

The response was that the rates for FMSS were negotiated with reference to previous contracts by the same agent for Tampines with built in inflation and cost allowances as per previous AJ contracts. The difference was then only 20% higher with an explanation from WP that there was a larger scope of work included and described.

The rest who knows.

Locke

I am sure people will be upset on why a tender was not called. But this does take into account what WP faces compared to the PAP in this space. Nobody with means will bid to avoid the wrath of the PAP. There is also the desire to do good for residents who have given the mandate. I am sure they are not going to do it again.

i am sure the residents are not facing higher charges from AHTC. Someone please clarify. This is the total award costs divided by units. The PAP contractors are govt linked and have huge economies of scale. EMS for instance is huge. And guess where it was hived from. The economics alone is mind boggling.

The specs may also differ in terms so we might not even be comparing apples to apples.

If the PAP is sure there is malice, fraud or underhanded practices in AHTC, ask them to hold an inquiry that is independent which must include all TCs, their contractors, related parties, involved with political parties etc. if they are concerned about Singapore, let me see them do it.

They failed miserably to even explain AIMgate. In a report accepted by the PM, it states that the TCs controlled by PAP felt that AIM a $2 company has track record and IT experience. Ask AIM to release their resume, their audited 5 years P&L accounts, references from their past customers. I do not need anything else from the AIMgate affair.

In the scheme of things, we are talking about a serial Gang Rapist (PAP) accusing a young adolescent boy(WP) of touching the perky tits of his school mate. And GMS has all his lights shining on the school boy.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't need to speculate.

Agree. At most we can accuse WP's TC of not being transparent, but before information is out, saying that the TC's key staff are overpaid is a speculation. It's clear who made that speculation.

Last edited: