• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

server stopped responding...

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm using Sinktel.. Had problem loggin in to SBF since last nite.. Only managed to get thru at 1630 hrs earlier.. So far so good.. Hopefully there'll not be any problems later..

Many others had the same problems brother. It seems if it happens again, try using a proxy as it may help to bypass the bad connection.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Timing of each post also wrong.

My very embarrassing siggies also not showing up? Alamak! why har! Twas not so long ago when scroobal was made moderator, he edited posts and even title of threads must not meet his disapproval. Circle of life is not just a Disney animated movie.....LOL.....alamak......LOL

Alamak! I did not mean to reply to Alamaking lah.....Fingers slippery. :o Don't ask!:biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many others had the same problems brother. It seems if it happens again, try using a proxy as it may help to bypass the bad connection.

Thanks for the advice Bro.. Will consider using a proxy if the same problem occured again..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There is nothing wrong with the server at the moment. It's running very smoothly. It's probably your connection.

Classic answer why you all still kpkb?

THERE IS NO PROBLEM!

tripolitim-copy.jpg

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy Shit!

Coffeeshop at its lowest point

Courtyard - less than 170
Political - less than 30
Elsewhere - haunted
Very soon this Coffeeshop will be closed if it behaves like MRT.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Holy Shit!

It was real slow today in SBF. I suspect many members could not log in due to not being able to access the site. Sam Leong says there was nothing wrong. Anyone using Singnet has the same problems if you read the other threads.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sam set up this site and it's for free
If breakdowns like MRT, forummers will flee
I like the TCSS and atmosphere here
Any recommendation if this place is cleared?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Coffeeshop at its lowest point

Courtyard - less than 170
Political - less than 30
Elsewhere - haunted
Very soon this Coffeeshop will be closed if it behaves like MRT.

Since the server upgrade mid week, traffic has been excellent. I did a few changes to make the guest count more accurate as it was inflated previously. I'm very happy with the new set up. Stat graph is here :

graph_summary_barchart.png

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet the connection problem is probably limited to Singtel users. On Fri their services were down & when I called them they told me that they were doing "maintenance":wink: Yeah right:rolleyes:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I bet the connection problem is probably limited to Singtel users. On Fri their services were down & when I called them they told me that they were doing "maintenance":wink: Yeah right:rolleyes:

I was using Singtel Broadband previously in my old house and frankly speaking, I don't encounter any problem with their network. I have since shifted house and decided to give M1 fibre plans a try since their offer is one of the best in terms of speed and pricing. Hope they won't disappoint. But its taking a long time for them to come and setup the house. I need to wait 3 weeks!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Honesty is the best policy? LOL

I didn't inflate it on purpose. :wink: The vbulletin number depends a lot on the cookie time out parameters. It also seems to be affected by other server settings and proxies seem to affect the figure too.

The true number of connections at any one time can only be seen at server level if I log on via SSH or Cpanel and it's always lower than what vbulletin shows.

I don't judge traffic based on vbulletin or the number of connections at any one time. I use statcounter.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I didn't inflate it on purpose. :wink: The vbulletin number depends a lot on the cookie time out parameters. It also seems to be affected by other server settings and proxies seem to affect the figure too.

The true number of connections at any one time can only be seen at server level if I log on via SSH or Cpanel and it's always lower than what vbulletin shows.

I don't judge traffic based on vbulletin or the number of connections at any one time. I use statcounter.

So the recent low viewership is a constant reflection of the average? Peacocks here will be pulling out their feathers! Still can't access using mobile broadband.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was using Singtel Broadband previously in my old house and frankly speaking, I don't encounter any problem with their network. I have since shifted house and decided to give M1 fibre plans a try since their offer is one of the best in terms of speed and pricing. Hope they won't disappoint. But its taking a long time for them to come and setup the house. I need to wait 3 weeks!

You mean Open Net:confused:

How much will you be paying for the M1services :confused:

I'm skeptical about the improvement in connection speeds. Maybe if your connecting to local servers but I doubt that there's going to be any improvement for those trying to connect to servers outside of Spore. I suspect the fibre project is more about providing more paid services like MIO TV, etc than to provide "cheap" & "faster" internet services.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

So the recent low viewership is a constant reflection of the average? Peacocks here will be pulling out their feathers! Still can't access using mobile broadband.

Not at all. The overall traffic trend is excellent based on the very accurate figures from statcounter.com

Take a look for yourself. From Jan 2012 till yesterday. Green is the daily page views.

graph_summary_areachart.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

It didn't tallied when I add up all the viewers in all the forums

That's what I already said. Vbulletin figures are not accurate. That's why I don't rely on them. I configure statcounter to monitor traffic and participation levels in this forum.