• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheng Bok to run for President - MIWs Caught Off-guard?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FRONT PAGE ST TODAY: (interestingly, story not available on-line at time of posting this, although there are other 'breaking' news. I suppose this is treated as 'braking' news.

TAN CHENG BOK KEEN TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT

"Former MP Tan Cheng Bok has quit the ruling party and indicated that he may be a candidate iin the coming presidential election.

He told the ST yesterday 'Many people having been urging me to stand as president, and I am very honoured.'

Contacted yesterday, several former PAP MPs expressed surprise of Dr Tan's possible candidacy. Others said they saw it coming as Dr Tan adopted a higher public profile in the recent months.

A Facebook page set up by annonymous supporters calling for Singaporeans to vote for Dr Tan as president has received more than 471 "likes".

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he will be an excellent choice!!! too bad I am sure the entire Leegime will be activated against him. I have no doubt that ISD will be digging furiously for dirt on him right now.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other two competitors:

b9541_bird-brained.jpg

andrew-kuan.png

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like Tan Cheng Bok very much. I'm still suspicious though that he might be a PAPzi approved candidate. As such, I'm waiting to see if anyone else steps forward. Would Abdullah Tarmugi be on the slate? What about Tan Kin Lian? Or Zainul Abidin Rasheed? If TCB is returned unopposed, or if some weakling is put up against him, then it must surely be another whitewash.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they got wind of it that's why president salary will be cut the most after review. President won't be highest paid anymore.
This time might see a credible contest, 3 corner fights even.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Tan Cheng Bok qualified ? Only backbencher leh. Was he ever a Minister of State ? The selection process is stringent, isn't it ?

Need not be a minister.

He is non-executive chairman of Chup Hup Investment Holding since 1991.

He also fulfils the requirement of having served for at least three years 'as chairman of the board of directors or chief executive officer of a company incorporated or registered under the Companies Act with a paid-up capital of at least $100 million or its equivalent in foreign currency'.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will vote for a Presidential Candidate who will promise Singaporeans that He, when elected as the Executive President of the Republic of Singapore, will use his executive powers to open the books of GIC, Temasek, CPF Board.

The rest can all fuck off. We don't need a kind hearted President; we want someone to ask the government 'where is our money ?'

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng Bok by his past association with PAP should be considered a tinted goods and view with apprehension for the Presidency. For him to adopt a high profile only recently is another indication of a setup. Remember, they all survive on PAP handouts. Better be safe than sorry!

Last edited:

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng Bok by his past association with PAP should be considered a tinted goods and view with apprehension for the Presidency. For him to adopt a high profile only recently is another indication of a setup. Remember, they all survive on PAP handouts. Better be safe than sorry!

Yea... don't think the MIW's caught off guard.
He's been with PAP for a very long time with many friends still in it.. So unless he has stop talking to any of them ?? ... which is highly unlikely....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said before, I say again- PAP's candidate this time would be a malay...

but whether Cheng Bok will stand remains to be seen - if he can be "persuaded" to step aside.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I go to check. This guy got guts. He got speak up in Parliament against his own big bosses before. Voted against his own pappies in parliament even whrn party whip not lifted. Become the feedback unit boss and started pissing off ministars who refuse to respond to ground people. Get considered as one of the "trouble maker" MP and told to retire. His Ayer Rajah people love him like mad. He last time MP that time give free medical consultation one.

I think this one can believe. We wait and see he get dirt dig up on him or not.