• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NATHAN say he is a symbol of the people and the nation

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRESIDENT NATHAN IN BAHRAIN
'S'pore needs right president'
Mr Nathan says the elected president must be a symbol heartlanders can relate to
By Kor Kian Beng :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
ST_18329384.jpg

MANAMA (BAHRAIN) - PRESIDENT S R Nathan yesterday said he would welcome a contest at the presidential election due next year, though he has not decided whether to run for a third consecutive term.

But he also stressed that what Singaporeans should be concerned about is whether they have the right person for the job.

Speaking to the Singapore media at the end of his visit to Bahrain, he spelt out the significance and role of the elected president.

He said Singaporeans' expectations of the elected president, who is a symbol of the people and the nation, are different from those of parliamentary candidates who represent constituencies.

Also, Mr Nathan said there is a need to select a candidate who can grow the elected presidency, which was conceived to safeguard the nation's financial reserves. The first elected president was the late Mr Ong Teng Cheong, who took office in September 1993.

Mr Nathan is serving his second term; he was elected unopposed in 1999 and 2005.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was not elected. SR Nathan is not from the people nor of the people. He cant claim to represent Singaporeans. He was nominated by the pap and he represents the pap.

I see him regularly during his morning walk and Singaporeans ignore him. He knows that he is just another singaporean in the eyes of other Singaporeans... no more, no less

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was not elected. SR Nathan is not from the people nor of the people. He cant claim to represent Singaporeans. He was nominated by the pap and he represents the pap.

I see him regularly during his morning walk and Singaporeans ignore him. He knows that he is just another singaporean in the eyes of other Singaporeans... no more, no less

Actually, less.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kind of ironic you should say that, the only elected President in our history was als nominated by PAP. We seriously need some competition for the next presidency. How come no one(who doesn't have a dubious past) wants to become president. I remember the guy who loss to OTC was also very reluctant to take contest

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kind of ironic you should say that, the only elected President in our history was alos nominated by PAP. We seriously need someone to competition for the next presidency. How come no one(who doesn't have a dubious past) wants to become president. I remember the guy who loss to OTC was also very reluctant to take contest

A person can be nominated.

But his legitimacy only comes in when he is elected.

OTC was nominated but he was elected when he contested against CKY. So OTC has legitimacy as elected President which SRN lacks and cant claim tt he was elected

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kind of ironic you should say that, the only elected President in our history was alos nominated by PAP. We seriously need someone to competition for the next presidency. How come no one(who doesn't have a dubious past) wants to become president. I remember the guy who loss to OTC was also very reluctant to take contest

Whoever is qualified to run for the Presidency is from the same PAP pot of shit.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you call a parasite that has taken it's fill from it's host. A Big Fat Leech, after taking all it can, it drops off it's host to enjoy a long vacation, free from all worries.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahahaha, he is a symbol for the jalan kayu prata lah.

u just show ur face in media and shaking hands wif ppl tatz all.:oIo:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you sure? I could have sworn it must be "more" with that girth of his. :biggrin:

to me, SR Nathan is just another singaporean. He is not my elected President. When I see him during my exercise, I may say "hi" to him if i feel like it just as I wld say "hi" to my fishmonger.

I dont know what is SRN to you

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What do you call a parasite that has taken it's fill from it's host. A Big Fat Leech, after taking all it can, it drops off it's host to enjoy a long vacation, free from all worries.

hi there

1. aiyoh! bro at least a parasite or leech work hard for survival mah!
2. sick fatso does not.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
A people's symbol is when they done good and are respected no matter how dubious his character is!

Elected president is when they are elected by the people not a losided win when there are no contest. Safely said sinkies rather have a maverick president that can stand up against stupid policies implemented, auditing on misuse of government funds for funeral.

Elected president checking on the states' financial reserve, why no questions was raised when the expenses for the YOG shot up way above budget? Was it another case of human error, caught unaware or simply just take your fat pay leech all you want and shut the hell up as you will never be heard?