• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING: MRT Getting From BAD To WORSE. Why CEO Still Around?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">36854.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Posted on 30 Jul 2010
First the train, now you can't even get on platform at Jurong East station
mission_impossible_ll_now_you_cant_even_get_on-thumbnail.jpg

Enraged
84%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Shiok!
2%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> LOL!
4%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> So sad
4%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Sure or not?
2%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Bochup
4%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
The platform was so crowded that the commuters travelling up the escalator bumped into each other while trying to get off it to reach the platform, says STOMPer joseang0922.

The STOMPer wrote:

"I totally agree with the Stomper Angel611's earlier contribution on the difficulty of boarding a train at Jurong East MRT station, and would like to add my comments.

"I used to take the train from Jurong East MRT station to work every morning and I must agree that SMRT's services is utterly disappointing

"I wrote to SMRT on several occasions. On 6 August 2009, east-bound train services between Jurong East and Queenstown MRT stations were disrupted when a train at Clementi MRT station experienced a train fault.

"SMRT did not arrange for alternative transport for the commuters. I had to dial a taxi as the nearest taxi stand was packed with affected commuters. My taxi bill was SGD30.60 and I wrote in to SMRT to ask for a compensation but they refused me.

"After that incident, the service still did not improve. On 23 October 2009, there was another delay. The platform was so crowded that the commuters travelling up the escalator bumped into each other while trying to get off it to reach the platform.

"People were blocking the escalator but SMRT did not stop the moving escalator and send someone to direct the heavy human <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 50%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_0" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" leohighlights_keywords="traffic" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dtraffic%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dtraffic%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_underline="true">traffic</leo_highlight>. It is very dangerous as commuters could have fallen off the moving escalator.

"Not only that, the service ambassadors at the Jurong East station are also rude.

"On one occasion when I was taking pictures of the crowded platform, one of them came up to me and said that no pictures are allowed.

"On another occasion, 9 June 2010, 8.15am, a female service ambassador accused me of blocking the way when I was actually blocked by another commuter. Her tone was very rude and tactless.

"I gave up taking train to work every morning and turned to taking SBS Premium Bus Services or a taxi to work.

"It is not difficult to understand why the number of cars have not decreased even with ERP and other measures.

"When people cannot trust public transport like SMRT, how can private transport be reduced?"

crowd2-data.jpg

Keywords: Jurong East , MRT platform , crowded , SMRT
</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> </tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgopt" width="24%" nowrap="nowrap"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"> Reply</td><td class="wintiny" width="25%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr><td class="msgbfrbot"> </td><td colspan="3"> </td></tr></tbody></table> <!--PostMsgHTML--> <script language="JavaScript"> <!-- if (adPosition == 1){ GA_googleFillSlot("DF_ROS_inline_BTF_1"); } //--> </script> <!--/PostMsgHTML--> <!--PreMsgHTML--> <!--/PreMsgHTML--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%"> </td><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"> <td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">makapa <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">8:36 pm </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">makapa <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (2 of 3) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">36854.2 in reply to 36854.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Posted on 26 Jul 2010
<leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 50%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_1" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" leohighlights_keywords="mission%20impossible" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dmission%2520impossible%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_2/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dmission%2520impossible%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_underline="true">Mission impossible</leo_highlight>: Try getting into a train at this jam-packed Jurong East MRT platform
jurong_east_platform_is_sardinepacked_everymorning-thumbnail.jpg

Enraged
84%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Shiok!
2%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> LOL!
4%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> So sad
3%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Sure or not?
1%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div --> Bochup
6%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
At Jurong East MRT platform, commuters are packed like sardines as it is so crowded that almost the entire platform is filled with people. Many end up waiting for a few trains before they can board one, said STOMPer Angel611.

STOMPer Angel611 wrote in the email (July 26):

"This picture is taken on Monday morning, July 26 at Jurong East MRT station platform.

"Me and other commuters have to wait for a few trains before we can board the train.

"Look at the people at the platform, it's so crowded that almost 3/4 of it is filled.

"With so many pictures of this occurrence reported in the papers and websites, how can the SMRT CEO say, 'people can board the train, it's a matter of whether they choose to'.

"If the SMRT CEO is given a chance to board the train every morning at Jurong East MRT station, do you think she wants?

"It's madness every morning."

</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CEO's performance bonus will increase everytime commuters complain about overcrowding...this is because more people are squeezed into those sardine cans translating to more profits to the comapny.

Sinkies don't get it. Serve these assholes right for voting for PAP.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FTs say singapore got the best transport service in the world..

yet you are complaining...

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CEO was hired to solely to booast the retail aspect of SMRT Corporation. Overcrowding is someone else problem.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
build bigger station platforms n expand existing ones. :biggrin:

That might be the solution.

If they cannot put more trains to increase the frequency, they may want build a bigger platform or build a second station in the area. Maybe like Dover.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if there is a stampede and many sinkees get crushed to death? The PAP and prostitute press will come up with excuses exonerating the PAP and blaming Sinkees for blocking the way, and life and multi-million dollar paycheck goes on for the PAP.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
That might be the solution.

If they cannot put more trains to increase the frequency, they may want build a bigger platform or build a second station in the area. Maybe like Dover.

wahlaneh...
if they can expand n widen existing roads to facilitate smoother traffic flow why not do likewise to existing platforms?

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CEO was hired to solely to booast the retail aspect of SMRT Corporation. Overcrowding is someone else problem.

All of you have missed the point. The SMRT CEO was hired because she is connected to the highest in the land. Otherwise she would not be arrogant statements.

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine Singapore import 1mllion foreigners and train capacity remains the same...no planning ahead of transportation infrastructure against increase in population.. fail in duty..From the East to West in the morning is equally bad..

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of you have missed the point. The SMRT CEO was hired because she is connected to the highest in the land. Otherwise she would not be arrogant statements.

Yes, and given the cosy job of retailing. Dirty job like operations and overcrowding is not her job.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
in pte sector, CEO = chief executive officer (when things go wrong, his head rolls), in GLC or Stat board... the CEO = cant ever outcast (when things go wrong, his kakia's heads roll)