• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaacob Ibrahim: Response by PUB to Orchard Road flooding is “commendable”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Yaacob: Response by PUB “commendable”...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-19 11:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>34852.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Yaacob Ibrahim: Response by PUB to Orchard Road flooding is “commendable”

PostDateIcon.png
June 20th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/06/20/yaacob-ibrahim-response-by-pub-to-orchard-road-flooding-is-commendable/

Three days after the unfortunate flooding at Orchard Road which shocked the entire nation and caused millions of dollars in losses and damages, the PAP Minister of Environment and Water Resource Yaacob Ibrahim finally made an “appearance” not to apologize, but to commend his subordinates for their “response” to absolve his ministry from any blame.
The Orchard Road flooding was attributed to a “choked” drain, an explanation which has not gone down well with Singaporeans who questioned if there was a lapse in general maintenance by PUB.
PUB CEO refused to divulge details of what happened during a tense press conference yesterday though he admitted that PUB was “caught off guard” completely by the “freak flood.”
When Bukit Timah was flooded last year November, Mr Yaacob claimed that it was a “freak event” which occurred “once in fifty years” though he made a similar statement only three years earlier during another massive flooding in the same area.
Mr Yaacob was not present at the official PUB press conference, but (still have the cheek to) praised his subordinates for their “efforts” in controlling the flood at a community event.
“I think the response by the PUB, by the agencies, has been commendable. We have done our best to help the businesses affected, the people affected,” he was quoted as saying in the Straits Times.
He was quick to dismiss the screw-up as another “learning experience”:
Every event is a new learning experience for us. This rainfall was totally unexpected, I can be very honest about it. If you look at rainfall patterns, we’ve never seen such a pattern. Having said that, it means there are new things happening, so the approach we should be taking is to learn from this, improve upon it, and assure Singaporeans that we’ll do our best to prevent this as much as possible,” he added.
He also declined to answer questions from the media if PUB is prepared to compensate for the losses suffered by the retailers as a result of its oversight.
“‘At the end of the day, we will continue to assist them as much as possible, and the PUB has gone out of its way to help them clear the water.”
Mr Yaacob doesn’t seem to understand simple English. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what PUB does to help clear the water – the fact remains that the businesses have suffered millions of losses because of its failure to maintain the drainage system.
Given that he is paid more than $2 million dollars a year, such a lacklustre response is disappointing to say the least. Under Singapore’s unique system of ”meritocracy”, high-ranking leaders can get away with almost any mistake made without having to account to the public.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is no point harping over the past. It has happened. Let's move on.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“I think the response by the PUB, by the agencies, has been commendable. We have done our best to help the businesses affected, the people affected,” he was quoted as saying in the Straits Times.
Every event is a new learning experience for us. This rainfall was totally unexpected, I can be very honest about it. If you look at rainfall patterns, we’ve never seen such a pattern. Having said that, it means there are new things happening, so the approach we should be taking is to learn from this, improve upon it, and assure Singaporeans that we’ll do our best to prevent this as much as possible,” he added.

Yaacob Ibrahim should be BP CEO; imagine: “I think the response by BP, by the agencies, has been commendable. We have done our best to help the businesses affected, the people affected,” he was quoted as saying in the US Congress.
Every event is a new learning experience for us. This oil leak was totally unexpected, I can be very honest about it. If you look at oil leak patterns, we’ve never seen such a pattern. Having said that, it means there are new things happening, so the approach we should be taking is to learn from this, improve upon it, and assure Americans that we’ll do our best to prevent this as much as possible.”

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are we going to do about it ? :smile::smile:

This IS the crux of the problem.The Ministers are elected by the people and accountable to the SINGAPOREANS who voted him in.

Until and unless these incompetents are VOTED OUT, this circus will continue.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This IS the crux of the problem.The Ministers are elected by the people and accountable to the SINGAPOREANS who voted him in.

Until and unless these incompetents are VOTED OUT, this circus will continue.

10,000 lines of html and we still be here taking a backseat .

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uniquely Singapore's Reply to mistakes and problems....
I wonder if BP Chairman were to adopt our style of reply... I bet the Americans will march to the British Embassy and create havoc...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
He also declined to answer questions from the media if PUB is prepared to compensate for the losses suffered by the retailers as a result of its oversight.:mad:

CB yakult.:oIo:

what kind of fucking minister are you? cannot answer this type of straight forward question:oIo:

fuck you yaklut:oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He also declined to answer questions from the media if PUB is prepared to compensate for the losses suffered by the retailers as a result of its oversight.:mad:

CB yakult.:oIo:

what kind of fucking minister are you? cannot answer this type of straight forward question:oIo:

fuck you yaklut:oIo:

Look they only told me i need to hold some balls when i took this job.

IMG_0047.jpg

mbf%20book%20launch__80_6_1.jpg

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yaacob Ibrahim should be BP CEO; imagine: “I think the response by BP, by the agencies, has been commendable. We have done our best to help the businesses affected, the people affected,” he was quoted as saying in the US Congress.
Every event is a new learning experience for us. This oil leak was totally unexpected, I can be very honest about it. If you look at oil leak patterns, we’ve never seen such a pattern. Having said that, it means there are new things happening, so the approach we should be taking is to learn from this, improve upon it, and assure Americans that we’ll do our best to prevent this as much as possible.”

hi there

1. bro, good one!
2. yes, what's an analogy man!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
These so-called bestest brains, according to an old man, and taking millions a year, just to react to an event AFTER it happened ?

They should be anticipating any possible problem and stay ahead before it happen !

Taxpayers are paying for craps.

Well, on a personal note, if they stayed ahead and anticipate the problem, there will beno chance to show their presence/wisdom if 'nothing' happens as they at solve it before it happen and hence no one knows they been working hard !! An irony, isn't ?