• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Studying in NUS like studying in China..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Studying in NUS like studying in China..</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:48 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30388.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>From a reader's comments on YPAP fb:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Douglas DaftPunk Deviano
Subsidy of university is one thing, the studying environment is another. My Sister is in NUS now, there students from China and South East Asian Countries make up a pretty high percentage (obviously). She has to do a certain history project with her peers. half her group is from China. Therefore, half of the group doesn't do anything, the reason why? they cannot communicate. The China Scholars do their portion in chinese (they laptops keyboards are chinese characters) and then send it to you. You have a very hard time translating it to english, and in the end, u have to scrape his/her work and do it all by yourself. When you are in NUS, u feel like you're studying overseas in some Beijing or Shanghai university.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have encountered several ntu and nus PRC buggers. They can't even order a plate of fried rice with their atrocious English!

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah... wasn't there an incident (reported in the papers) where these PRC ppl go to Breadtalk to try to "order" something.... come on lah.... first of all, you don't order at Breadtalk.... you only pick and choose what's there.... Second of all, no one could understand their Chinglish....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is reason why when I was uni I hated doing group assignments. If there is a group assignment I would go solo if possible. I'm more effective working on it alone, and when its time to hand up/present, I see the 5-6 person group not completing it and trying to give silly excuses as to why. More then half of the person in the group are termed "leaches". I hate leaches, they just sit around doing nothing. Anything more then 3 person for a group assignment is overkill. The best assignments in uni can be done with 3 person with each doing clear and defined parts. Tell your sister in NUS to go solo and finish her assignment herself, the way you are describing the situation she would end up doing everything anyway, with the leaches on her backs. Dump the leaches straight away. If the professor/lecturer ask why she did it alone, tell her to say its "simple" see no point in doing it in a group, or, there are too many "leaches" prefer to do it alone. :wink:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is reason why when I was uni I hated doing group assignments. If there is a group assignment I would go solo if possible. I'm more effective working on it alone, and when its time to hand up/present, I see the 5-6 person group not completing it and trying to give silly excuses as to why. More then half of the person in the group are termed "leaches". I hate leaches, they just sit around doing nothing. Anything more then 3 person for a group assignment is overkill. The best assignments in uni can be done with 3 person with each doing clear and defined parts. Tell your sister in NUS to go solo and finish her assignment herself, the way you are describing the situation she would end up doing everything anyway, with the leaches on her backs. Dump the leaches straight away. If the professor/lecturer ask why she did it alone, tell her to say its "simple" see no point in doing it in a group, or, there are too many "leaches" prefer to do it alone. :wink:

1-3.jpg

They are not leeches, they are blood suckers. And they learned well from their Master(that is me).

Well Done my foreign pets! Well done! Keep sucking the stupid sinkies until they're dried up, then replaced them in my kingdom and multiple! Hahahaha!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate, my uni is in Australia. The biggest leaches or blood suckers as you point out are the sinkies! You have no idea how I try to avoid them during my uni days.

They are not leeches, they are blood suckers. And they learned well from their Master(that is me).

Well Done my foreign pets! Well done! Keep sucking the stupid sinkies until they're dried up, then replaced them in my kingdom and multiple! Hahahaha!