• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chong Trying to Con Insutance Company?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Surprise contrast in price quotes for accident repairs
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS in a minor traffic accident recently where my car hit the back of a Nissan one night. The damage appeared to be only to the rear bumper of the Nissan, with none to my car.
The next morning, the Nissan driver and I went to Tan Chong Motor for a damage assessment, and realised the boot could not be closed, so there was some damage to the rear body panel as well. Even so, Tan Chong's service adviser quoted me a total bill of $3,000, including tentative replacement items to be confirmed after further checks, assuming I would pay the bill myself.
In the end, I decided to settle via insurance, and was surprised to hear from my insurance company's representative that Tan Chong quoted $6,000. I insisted on speaking directly to my insurance company. I did, and sent an e-mail message with Tan Chong's price quote to me to the claim officer.
After a couple of days, he called back and said Tan Chong quoted different prices to individuals and insurance companies, but the insurance company managed to bargain it down to $3,000.
Should an insurance company not be in a better position to obtain a lower price than an individual? Is it not also in the interest of the insurance company to pay less rather than accept double the price quoted by the car distributor?
Louis Lam