• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

30% Drop in Pay for Peasants Compared to 10 Years Ago! FCUK PAPEE TRAITORS!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Lim 'cried' because cleaners pay too low</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Guestman551 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:11 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 26) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17918.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>A Manpower Ministry report last year showed that salaries of cleaners, labourers and other low wage workers fell or remained stagnant from a decade ago. A 2006 report stated that cleaners and labourers saw a 30% drop in take home pay as compared 10 years ago.
Lim Swee Say was 'full of compassion' when he said: "The cleaners deserve more decent work, more decent pay. Thats the bottomline". Hence NTUC is dangling a $2 million carrot to get private cleaning companies to look beyond the cheapest deal when awarding tender. Cash incentives is applied at $75,000 per contract.
How come First World country's pay decrease instead of increase?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very sad to read this, a fact, a lot of bros here already know. On one hand, we want to keep this part of the service cheap and squeeze the contractors so much that they can barely pay their cleaners. I think we can start with the Gov. Town councils should reward contracts not to the lowest bidders but to company that can do a good job at a reasonable price. The labour wage must also be clearly defined, a minimum amount say $1200 or so to ensure that the workers are fairly compensated. I guess the millions that the TC lost could be used in such a way, which I think we contribute to the community. I mean I rather the money used to give the cleaners a pay raise than squadering it in stocks and derivatives. I do not think we need a very large sinking fund. It's unlike the National Reserves.