• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inside info about STTA on Liu Guo Dong

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Inside info about STTA on Liu Guo Dong</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Aug-31 10:17 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>2382.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>According to a reliable source, what I know about the STTA saga is this. Actually, before the olympics and even before the LBW bitch went in, the people inside already want to get rid of Liu Guo Dong. They do not have intentions to renew his contract when it ends at the end of the year. They were going to bring in another more reputable Chinese coach who is coaching in Japan right now.
The reason for not wanting to renew Liu's contract is because Liu is a slacker and a problematic guy. About the only contribution he made was to bring in Feng whom Liu met by chance in China one time when he was back there. It was not planned or anything like that.
With or without Liu, the girls team, with their skillsets and standings, STTA was confident that they would get a team medal at least, due to the change of formats in table tennis game for this Olympics.
But alas, the stupid LBW let the cat out of the bag at the wrong time. This upsets the whole situation and now they can't get rid of Liu. The management team is pretty pissed with LBW's outburst and handling of the matter. The intention not to renew Liu's has got nothing to do with the Gao Ning's case as the decision has already been made many months earlier before the Olympics. Now that with public opinion against LBW, LBW's bosses ask LBW to resolve this and keep Liu. Now Liu is upping his demand for the new contract.... STTA now lan lan got to try appease him.
If I hear more info, will let u bros know....
[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Z

Zombie

<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Inside info about STTA on Liu Guo Dong</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Aug-31 10:17 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>2382.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>According to a reliable source, what I know about the STTA saga is this. Actually, before the olympics and even before the LBW bitch went in, the people inside already want to get rid of Liu Guo Dong. They do not have intentions to renew his contract when it ends at the end of the year. They were going to bring in another more reputable Chinese coach who is coaching in Japan right now.
The reason for not wanting to renew Liu's contract is because Liu is a slacker and a problematic guy. About the only contribution he made was to bring in Feng whom Liu met by chance in China one time when he was back there. It was not planned or anything like that.
With or without Liu, the girls team, with their skillsets and standings, STTA was confident that they would get a team medal at least, due to the change of formats in table tennis game for this Olympics.
But alas, the stupid LBW let the cat out of the bag at the wrong time. This upsets the whole situation and now they can't get rid of Liu. The management team is pretty pissed with LBW's outburst and handling of the matter. The intention not to renew Liu's has got nothing to do with the Gao Ning's case as the decision has already been made many months earlier before the Olympics. Now that with public opinion against LBW, LBW's bosses ask LBW to resolve this and keep Liu. Now Liu is upping his demand for the new contract.... STTA now lan lan got to try appease him.
[email protected]

According to another source, STTA wanted the Chinese coach from Japan because of this outstanding match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoC8k5-h7qE

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great info bro ! Come to think of it LGD is a epitome of all PRC coaches in Singapore. Most or all can't speak proper English and expect all charges to understand Chinese. All have that boh chap attitude, all are damn lazy; plus their filthy habits.

Coming from a different sport perspective, it is more of a burden to the management because of their attitude despite their coaching skill sets. Still it is a Sinkie mentality, PRC coaches are cheep cheep.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
icon.aspx
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Aug-31 10:17 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>2382.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>According to a reliable source, what I know about the STTA saga is this. Actually, before the olympics and even before the LBW bitch went in, the people inside already want to get rid of Liu Guo Dong. They do not have intentions to renew ...... STTA now lan lan got to try appease him.
[email protected]

Now this gem is one of the reasons why I like this forum. You certainly can't expect the Shitty Times or any of the other state-owned propaganda machines to publish anything close to this.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was watching the TT matches on TV in Beijing and I thought I heard the commentator said that Liu was a "Pei Lian" (Sparring Partner) then in China. I
even asked my wife what does a "Pei Lian" do in TT teams in China.

So Liu was not a qualified coach in China before we bring him here? Just a sparring partner for the players?

sonic

Alfrescian
Loyal
icon.aspx
icon.aspx
[email protected]

send this to new paper or wanbao to be publish to generate more publicity.
would be interesting to hear what the stta comments over this.

Dunga

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was watching the TT matches on TV in Beijing and I thought I heard the commentator said that Liu was a "Pei Lian" (Sparring Partner) then in China. I
even asked my wife what does a "Pei Lian" do in TT teams in China.

So Liu was not a qualified coach in China before we bring him here? Just a sparring partner for the players?

Ya, and now he made Gao Ning as the sparring partner for the girls instead.
He himself enjoy life here. Thanks to LBW saga. :rolleyes:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liu is the elder brother of China Men's TT coach - Liu Guo Liang.

But unlike his brother who was a former world champion, I don't think Liu has anything to his name.

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
i sensed that his "demand" for citizenship got backfired...he chose not to respond when asked if he intend to apply for citizenship after gotten PR status recently - guess he's not well in somebody's book

Z

Zombie

send this to new paper or wanbao to be publish to generate more publicity.
would be interesting to hear what the stta comments over this.

If you have put the pieces together, the story is already there except for some small parts.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, thumbs up to STTA! Who even remembers the silver medal now...

They can renew LGD contract, and make him a sparring partner for the YOG team instead. Same goes for girlie boy Gao Ning if he loses another game 4-0 (in just 24mins + against an underdog) and blames it on others.

On a separate note, we should appreciate LBW and her strong stance on the issue. Which is that STTA is simply crap. Without her rash mouth, this would not have come to light.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
LBW might be unhappy with the current stage of STTA and with the manager/coach and as the new president, its her job to do something about it.

If she thinks that she can use the Olympic opportunity to blast the team and shed some bad light on them so that she can be the hero later by carryong out her plan to get rid of these black sheep, then she's not only wrong, she is damn stupid

This is a team that is showing results in international competition and it takes more than these tactics to get rid of them. I wonder how she can be president if she is so simple minded.