• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Make me a proposal - so cool

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My advice to him is to spend the afternoons with Khaw to help him with his never-ending saga of delays and mishaps that began with some duty free expert from Malaysia with an extremely bad hairdo that his wife hired with no background in transport, engineering or even management. A saga that began in 2011, and it is 6 years and we already lost 2 Ministers of Transport and the current one is intellectually dishonest when it comes to statistics and performance and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel.

My biz partners and I often joke be careful what we ask for in a crisis, the light at the end of the tunnel could be a rumbling train hurling itself towards us so be ever ready to run backwards :biggrin:. Does hold some truth.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is already a good system in NETS and credit cards like Visa paywave. Why not ride on it by reducing transaction fees so that more merchants are willing to install card machines or QR codes for transactions?

The infrastructure is not exactly a new science. The issue is the hidden costs that the merchants have to bear. As a towkay, I too prefer cash transactions as they reduce my costs.

John Tan actually talking some logic here.
This e payment issue is similar to taxi calls last time.
Reducing merchant fee would be a good start.
Just like Back then with the taxi shortage problem caused by high taxi call booking fees. Then came along grabtaxi the predecessor of grab. And effectively made taxi call booking fee obsolete.
GrabTaxi also covered all/most of the cab companies instead of each company having their own individual call Centres. so standardizing one main platform is also important.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cashless transactions will cause uncontrollable spending too. primary schools bookshop now use ezlink payment too, kids are known to buy a lot of useless trinkets from the bookshop using the ezlink card. it very easy to lose track on ownself spending as no physical money involved.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cashless transactions will cause uncontrollable spending too. primary schools bookshop now use ezlink payment too, kids are known to buy a lot of useless trinkets from the bookshop using the ezlink card. it very easy to lose track on ownself spending as no physical money involved.

Can put spending caps...just like credit cards

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cashless system can only work if u make it idiot-proof like Ezlink. Those old aunties won't know how to use anything more complicated than that.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats true. Its always important to realise what your strengths are. This PM has serious issues and he can't even convince his own siblings let alone his own population.

My biz partners and I often joke be careful what we ask for in a crisis, the light at the end of the tunnel could be a rumbling train hurling itself towards us so be ever ready to run backwards :biggrin:. Does hold some truth.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even sure what he wants to do. He does not seem to have an agenda that is coherent for this country. Seriously, diabetes is one third of nation's plan?

Thats all well and good but the PAP will not allow a foreign company to hold all the financial purchasing data of its citizens. Big brother wants a system it can control

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even sure what he wants to do. He does not seem to have an agenda that is coherent for this country. Seriously, diabetes is one third of nation's plan?

Why does he think this was a fantastic idea? Can you imagine Old Man or his old flank stooping to this? https://mothership.sg/2017/08/pm-lees-national-day-rally-blooper-video-shows-candid-side-of-pm-lee/

ScreenShot2017-08-24at9.49.29PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-24at9.49.18PM.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what happen to all the millions of foreign talents imported/allowed by the pappy into this country-end of the day still have to ask for a legally trained local for a proposal on IT/tech matter.

DBS Bank is looking to use India as a technology innovation hub...... the bank had announced to set up a technology centre out of Hyderabad, while launching India's first mobile-only bank with its offering Digibank.
In addition to the technology centre, the company now plans to set up an innovation lab, also in Hyderabad, to explore new applications based on emerging technologies such as augmented reality, big data analytics, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning among others.......According to Paul Cobban, chief operating officer, group technology and operations at DBS Bank, the bank is looking to hire about 2,000 engineers over the next 18 months who would be located in India and work in tandem with a yet-to-open innovation lab in Singapore
http://www.finews.asia/finance/22508-dbs-bank-to-start

Why is LHL not turning to the CEO of the govt bank Piyush Gupta and these chaps in India for a solution?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat the heck is li hongyi doing in pmo? isn';t this sort of things he is supposed to be doing???
or this is part of the kelong cronyism game being playes out? wat else is not possible when tcb can be cheated of e orez chance n a keling woman qualify to take part in malay only erection????????????????????

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happen to all the millions of foreign talents imported/allowed by the pappy into this country-end of the day still have to ask for a legally trained local for a proposal on IT/tech matter.

Why is LHL not turning to the CEO of the govt bank Piyush Gupta and these chaps in India for a solution?

if all cutting edge going to india or based there, wat is left for us? cow dung??????????

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

?

Ans: kelong.............I see hongli"s finger prints

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old aunties also can't top up electronically so you need manned counter that accepts cash. LPPL back to square one.

What is so big deal with having a manned counter? In HK..any MTR STN control can top up yr card..give u change etc...and please for those old aunties that don't use tech..they should be in their 70s...anyone younger will use technology...this sort of legacy customers will die out soon....no point society ground to a halt because of old farts..