• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What's for dinner tonight?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
try instant noodles with deep fried spam. garnish with poached egg, green onions and shallot. shiok.

Why you miss Hong Kong?

First attempt at making Cordon Bleu, pan fried instead of deep fried.

78836CBB-D995-4923-8DE1-83193BC4C8C3.JPG

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
try instant noodles with deep fried spam. garnish with poached egg, green onions and shallot. shiok.
my specialty is way above that. i would boiil the noodle in a pot and dump the msg etc, then i would grab some choy sim and and boil it in a new pot of water and dump the choy sim.
keep the greened soup in a boil, batter an egg well pour it over the hot soup so the egg forms a white cloud over the soup, off the flame and left to simmer. and pour the egg and soup over the bowl of cooked noodle.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the hardest part. The right chill for home cooked nasi padang, chicken rice, etc is a never ending search. Glory Foods near the junction of Joo Chiat and East Coast Road was at one stage appeared promising as they came out with some close versions but then stopped.

I'm still looking for the right sambal recipe.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It will be on my list, any location in particular?

I always spend the evening eating at Mong Kok first. You can find all the goodies there including both fried and sauced pig part, beef offal, and squid and octopus tentacles that your cardiovascular system will love. I usually head to Victoria peak after that.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always spend the evening eating at Mong Kok first. You can find all the goodies there including both fried and sauced pig part, beef offal, and squid and octopus tentacles that your cardiovascular system will love. I usually head to Victoria peak after that.

My first stop is always Fuji building. Great makan there.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 33991

A drier version tonight. Shiok!
these days fried hokkien mee not enough wok hei. it's very hard to find flied hokkien yellow noodles and bee hoon that are caramelized close to chow tar in sg. at least burnt marks on noodles. the one that cums close is at newton food center, and they use chor bee hoon. the 18 best hokkien mee is also better fried than most. and the chili paste is bagus.
Yang-Zhou-Fried-Hokkien-Mee-2.jpg

newton food center...
28fe22a5be05a208cba1248628_original.

Last edited: