• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [SONG BOH] GIC’s annualized real rate of return fell to 3.7 percent from 4 percent!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean sovereign wealth fund GIC Pte warned that investors are being too complacent about looming market risks, while disclosing that its main performance gauge fell for the second straight year.

“We are cautious because valuations are stretched, policy uncertainty is high and there are still unresolved economic imbalances,” Lim Chow Kiat, GIC’s chief executive officer, said in an interview in the city. The "uncertainty level is very high," in contrast to "very low" actual equity price volatility, he said. "We think this indicates investor complacency, another reason for us to be more cautious."

GIC’s annualized real rate of return fell to 3.7 percent in the 20 years to March 31, from 4 percent in the prior comparable period, Lim said in the interview ahead of the Monday release of the numbers. The decline partly reflects the fact that the calculation now excludes the year through March 1997, when rallying markets boosted returns. The fund’s nominal five-year annualized return in U.S. dollars climbed to 5.1 percent from 3.7 percent.

More at GIC Warns Investors Aren't Fearful Enough

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: [SONG BOH] GIC’s annualized real rate of return fell to 3.7 percent from 4 percen

Ho Ching and the team managing our portfolio at GIC and TH are better than Warren Buffet and George Soros combined. This is just a slight blip on their otherwise fantastic record.

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [SONG BOH] GIC’s annualized real rate of return fell to 3.7 percent from 4 percen

Ho Ching and the team managing our portfolio at GIC and TH are better than Warren Buffet and George Soros combined. This is just a slight blip on their otherwise fantastic record.

I didnt know that. Looks like I had better quickly go and top up my CPF tomorrow so that she and her team can enrich me further.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I didnt know that. Looks like I had better quickly go and top up my CPF tomorrow so that she and her team can enrich me further.

I'm a step ahead of you, buddy. I've already made a phone call to my insurance agent to buy more CPF related investment plans.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean sovereign wealth fund GIC Pte warned that investors are being too complacent about looming market risks, while disclosing that its main performance gauge fell for the second straight year.

“We are cautious because valuations are stretched, policy uncertainty is high and there are still unresolved economic imbalances,” Lim Chow Kiat, GIC’s chief executive officer, said in an interview in the city. The "uncertainty level is very high," in contrast to "very low" actual equity price volatility, he said. "We think this indicates investor complacency, another reason for us to be more cautious."

GIC’s annualized real rate of return fell to 3.7 percent in the 20 years to March 31, from 4 percent in the prior comparable period, Lim said in the interview ahead of the Monday release of the numbers. The decline partly reflects the fact that the calculation now excludes the year through March 1997, when rallying markets boosted returns. The fund’s nominal five-year annualized return in U.S. dollars climbed to 5.1 percent from 3.7 percent.

More at GIC Warns Investors Aren't Fearful Enough

Is this a warning that cpf rates may fall ?

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is this a warning that cpf rates may fall ?

I dont think so but they may make us contribute more so that they and us can feel richer when we look at our CPF money. If you dont believe me then go ask toothpick yourself.