• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Kee Chiu: 'Marry The Woman You Love Or Love The Woman You Marry?'

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
featured-image-chan-chun-sing-702x336.jpg

Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Chan Chun Sing told Singaporeans that it is more important for students to give meaning to their pursuits instead of searching for meaning in all that they do in life.

Speaking at the first session of Temasek Polytechnic's (TP) graduation ceremony where 272 diplomas were handed out to students in the School of Applied Science, Mr Chan said that there are many choices in life and people are often searching for something that will give them meaning. But we will often fail and then we will be disappointed.

The Minister then urged students to change their perspective when it comes to achieving their goals in life and to think about how they can "do justice" to the jobs that they are doing instead of embarking on a search for the perfect job.

He asked, "Is it (more important) to marry the woman you love, or to love the woman you marry?", drawing the link between this issue to a common question in relationships.

The Minister also urged students to remain adaptable in a changing world. citing the example of veterinary technology student Sim Xin Xian, who got a job offer after an internship with a shrimp farm in Sumatra, Indonesia. Despite cultural and language barriers, she adjusted to life there and got along well with her colleagues. Mr Chan said that this is the kind of spirit that the country wants.

"You go to a new place, you don't know the people, you don't know the culture. But with the skill sets that you have acquired you learn to adapt - and you will survive and excel"

Many readers lashed out at the reports of his remarks and commented that the Minister just does not make any sense. Here is a sample of what they wrote:

Bernard Kew playing on the remarks of the Minister, wrote, "Vote the Minister you love or love the Minister that has been Voted. Facepalm."

Siti Suhana wrote "Says someone who probably has never worked in a blue collar job."

Trampas Django wrote, "Most of our women don't marry us locals, they marry foreigners. And we end up getting married to foreigners as well. Anyway, this guy doesn't know what he is talking about"

Joan Ark wrote, " I wonder if he married the women he loved or loved the women he married. Either way, his wife is enjoying his 1 million a month pay cheque."

Julia Teng Roo Seen wrote, "How does one equate marriage to a job?!? Is this guy even married then, if he is, how does his marriage make him spout such bullshit? And he was delivering this to some fresh diploma grads?? Stop misleading these young people! Get your ideas together, please. Do justice to the job that you are so highly paid for!"

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...s-remark-on-perspective-of-job-irks-netizens/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sounds like the song.. "are you gonna stay with the one who loves you, or are you going back to the one you love":biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this guy waxing poetica about his own life? there seems to be alot of loving who u marry going on in the PAP.

for me I rather choose death,if I can't marry the country I love,if I can't live my life among the Stars,then I rather let this life be extinguished.Is it better to die a good man or live a monster?

LKY realised this towards the end of his life.that without the gecko he loved in his life without his beloved sled "Rosebud",there was nothing else in Singapore that could interest him,the politics,the machinations,the machevialli no longer meant anything. he simply gave up the last few years of his life and wasted away.

Humans seems to desperately need to be loved,to go so far as to be with a bunch of people they do not care about.to fool themselves it's better to be loved than be alone.but it is just a hollow feeling,have u ever truly

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this guy waxing poetica about his own life? there seems to be alot of loving who u marry going on in the PAP.

for me I rather choose death,if I can't marry the country I love,if I can't live my life among the Stars,then I rather let this life be extinguished.Is it better to die a good man or live a monster?

LKY realised this towards the end of his life.that without the gecko he loved in his life without his beloved sled "Rosebud",there was nothing else in Singapore that could interest him,the politics,the machinations,the machevialli no longer meant anything. he simply gave up the last few years of his life and wasted away.

Humans seems to desperately need to be loved,to go so far as to be with a bunch of people they do not care about.

best advice is from someone who have been there and done that. :p

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's another problem. What if the women you love in your marriage "eat outside" ? Of course, i still love her.

Difference. Keechiu ask you learn to love the woman you marry, but what if woman you marry don't love you, like how PAP don't love Sir Luck no more, Flipeo no more, Georgeo no more. How? :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Lim Swee Say, consistent in the rubiish that he says. And thats why he landed in NTUC where the idiots have no idea what is going on.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Errr so sexist. What about the woman's choice? She should have a say as well. Takes two hands to clap.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is your potential future PM.

chan-chun-sing-biceps.gif

even more clownier than the royal clown.perhaps we might enjoy his version of sadomachistic nerd humor more.though i doubt he can ever top the classics like mee siam mai hum and onions and chilli.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even more clownier than the royal clown.perhaps we might enjoy his version of sadomachistic nerd humor more.though i doubt he can ever top mee siam mai hum and onions and chilli.
well, he's got his kai-fan and nasi lemak with that sek-tor-ti ler crap for more ma-ka-hai moments :(