• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good Young Couple Trashes Pioneer Over Hawker Centre Table Choping!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the employer of the pushy fucker and the tuition agency of the bitch are revealed, there should be a mass boycott of these 2 organizations until the 2 are sacked. :oIo:

Typical dumbfuck singo response....brains reside in the ass and have been pushed so far up by marauding bangla cocks that clear thinking is elusive.

jw5

Loyal
Typical dumbfuck singo response....brains reside in the ass and have been pushed so far up by marauding bangla cocks that clear thinking is elusive.

This is the dumbfuck singo. :oIo:

attachment.php

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bang a old man must go jail.what law is Singapore?

Since when has the law of Singapore been fair? Dr Chee has first hand experience with it and so do many others who were locked up for going against the establishment. Taxi drivers too have their stories about being punched and the offenders, mostly foreigners, get away scotts free. I am beginning to question whether Singapore still have laws to protect its own people. I won't be surprised if these two bastards turned out to be PAP RC people (Remember Alice Fong the fat bitch incident is not dissimilar).

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be very interesting to find out what that bitch told her husband over the phone, that made him come over and barge the old man in the back. :rolleyes:
He might even consider throwing his wife under the bus to get himself a lighter punishment. :biggrin:

Rest assured the police already in touch with the 3 telcos to hear their conversations. Just in case another

Video clip surface.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the employer of the pushy fucker and the tuition agency of the bitch are revealed, there should be a mass boycott of these 2 organizations until the 2 are sacked. :oIo:

That burgger and wife seems regulars at the tp fc. Judging by the response from onlookers.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

A self-employed man was sentenced to three weeks in jail on Monday for slapping teenage blogger Amos Yee outside the State Courts last month.

Neo Gim Huah, 49, was charged in court on Monday. He was not represented and gave a long mitigation plea in Chinese, explaining why he did it. He told the court earlier he wanted to teach Yee a lesson.

Neo, who runs his own air-conditioning and electrical engineering business, said he had taken offence at portions of the video posted online by Yee which he found disrespectful to Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, i think some of the reaction is a knee jerk. Are we going overboard as a society?

Why not jail their parents too for not "teaching" them how to "respect" elders?

The truth of it was, the old man was just ranting that the seat is not shared. I don't think he wants them to get fined or go to prison.

The old man was also nudged but thankfully did not suffer any physical injury (if he did, that's another discussion)

Come on, let's be reasonable

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be very interesting to find out what that bitch told her husband over the phone, that made him come over and barge the old man in the back. :rolleyes:
He might even consider throwing his wife under the bus to get himself a lighter punishment. :biggrin:

this i agree. we must understand what transpired first. If indeed his wife is wrong, he should apologise. if we listen to testaments of other witnesses, surely we can give the couple a fair trial to defend themselves as well.

but to crucify them like this, uncalled for in my opinion

roastgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
this i agree. we must understand what transpired first. If indeed his wife is wrong, he should apologise. if we listen to testaments of other witnesses, surely we can give the couple a fair trial to defend themselves as well.

but to crucify them like this, uncalled for in my opinion

The use of physical force made the younger person wrong. Period. Would he dare to do this to a 6ft big size ang moh? Likely not. So this is also bullying.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
But last Friday evening at a Toa Payoh hawker centre, this simple request by a 76-year-old man sparked such an ugly reaction by a couple that several people made police reports against them for allegedly abusing the man.

A video of the incident, which shows a man shoving an elderly man from behind so forcefully that he lurches forward, has gone viral.

Witnesses said the victim remained calm throughout the incident. He did not even tell his daughter, who only found out through social media.

While admitting that her father could be "a little stubborn, a little long-winded", she was shocked by the "violence" used against him, especially since he has a medical condition and would not be able to withstand a fall.

The couple have since been arrested by the police for an offence of public nuisance.

The smartly-dressed pair - a 46-year-old man and a 39-year-old woman - can be fined up to $1,000.

But the court of public opinion earlier tried to exact its own brand of "justice" by exposing the couple's identities.

Just hours after the video was uploaded, the netizen CSI team sprang into action to disgrace the couple, only to drag a wrongly-identified young woman into the muck-raking.

She was so distressed by the online attention that she made a police report.

United Overseas Bank, wrongly identified as the couple's employers, also issued a statement to clarify that the couple were not staff members of its Toa Payoh branch.

The incident may have been isolated, but it has also brought into focus our unique "chope" culture at makan places because the woman told the elderly man that the table, which has six seats, was "reserved".

Though some find the practice distasteful, let's be clear that "choping tables" is not on trial here.

It is ugly behaviour on the part of the couple for treating their victim with disdain, and that of the online lynch mob for maligning innocent parties.

"Choping", or reserving, seats and sharing a table with strangers at packed eating places are common Singaporean traits.

Some might think using a tissue packet, name card, or umbrella to "chope" a seat is an ugly manifestation of Singapore's "kiasu" culture.

But exceptions can be made, particularly for those dining alone who are worried about circling a crowded hawker centre for ages while carrying a loaded tray. Of course, solo diners are to share their table with others.

Perhaps more can be done to make table-sharing a more pleasant experience.

It could be as simple as adjusting the shape of the table (for instance, long, rectangular tables to signal that they are for sharing with strangers).

I also noticed the table in dispute was filled with dirty dishes. Perhaps the couple might have felt more inclined to share the table if it had more space?

At peak hours, it is humanly impossible for the cleaners, usually elderly folk, to clear the tables fast enough. Returning your trays, still hardly practised by diners here, should be encouraged, incentivised, or if needed, coerced.

Dr Amy Khor, chairman of the Hawker Centre 3.0 Committee, said last month that the National Environment Agency will work with cleaning contractors to dispel the misconception that clearing your trays will make cleaners jobless, as well as enhance tray-return facilities to make them more prominent and accessible.

Ultimately, it is about being gracious and, sadly, the couple were not. A witness claimed the man angrily dumped the dirty plates on the floor after the argument.

But let's take heart that graciousness lives on in our hawker centres. The victim eventually got to eat his food, thanks to a kind bystander who stepped in during the confrontation to offer him a seat at his table.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets wait.
Lets see wait for 76 y.o. ah pek's medical report. A bang from behind like that sure got blue black and some bones dislocated.

Personally, i think some of the reaction is a knee jerk. Are we going overboard as a society?

Why not jail their parents too for not "teaching" them how to "respect" elders?

The truth of it was, the old man was just ranting that the seat is not shared. I don't think he wants them to get fined or go to prison.

The old man was also nudged but thankfully did not suffer any physical injury (if he did, that's another discussion)

Come on, let's be reasonable

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Singaporeans find it difficult to clear their meal trays are beyond me. It is a simple task which requires hardly any effort but more common sense

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Singaporeans find it difficult to clear their meal trays are beyond me. It is a simple task which requires hardly any effort but more common sense

Because it's initiated by pap.
Civil disobedience show pap the middle finger.
Btw this incident isn't about clearing trays but is the moronic dumbfuck chope-ing culture