• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat So i just bought a condo

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Air is good.abit backward

From a Sporean's perspective most countries are backward because the pace of life & change in Spore is faster.

For example they have implemented self checkout counters in the supermarkets. We can make payments by internet or by AXS kiosks. Progress is fine if it makes our lifes better but just imagine how confusing it is for the old.

My mother would pay the utility bills via a 7-11 store because there was a live person who would do it. She could never adjust to those AXS machines or paying by internet.

The same will probably happen to us all when we get older:o
This is another reasons I want to move. Life in Spore will just get more complicated. The PAP cannot leave things alone & will implement changes for the sake of change.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From a Sporean's perspective most countries are backward because the pace of life & change in Spore is faster.

For example they have implemented self checkout counters in the supermarkets. We can make payments by internet or by AXS kiosks. Progress is fine if it makes our lifes better but just imagine how confusing it is for the old.

My mother would pay the utility bills via a 7-11 store because there was a live person who would do it. She could never adjust to those AXS machines or paying by internet.

This is another reasons I want to move. Life in Spore will just get more complicated. The PAP cannot leave things alone & will implement changes for the sake of change.

My grandmother cant speak a word of English,she cant write and barely read anything except numbers,barely finished psle.Lives in a bubble in another era,is highly superstitions like every baby boomer generation sinkie,loves gambling,4d toto and horses.why don't we all go back to a time which suits them?I suppose ur mother is about the same age group as my grandmother.

Using the axs machine I suppose is less about technology,and more about having a basic command of English or Chinese and understanding what is going on on the screen and choosing the right options.the only people I know who have trouble with ATMs and these machines are banglas which I suppose is due to their inability to read English well.

I love the auto checkout machines in Australia they are a million times better designed than the garbage SG supermarkets use.the instructions are simple and user friendly it's just a few large buttons that u push,it accepts coins and notes and never jams unlike fucking SG machines that reject ur notes a hundred times.the changes in SG is less about technology,it's more about socio economic issues and our way of life that PAP is fucking up.the stresses are great because alot of wealth is concentrated in this tiny country which is more like a state than a country.and the poor are unable to cope with the high cost environment as the richer and wealthier push the price of everything up.making Singapore a more advantageous country to those with capital than those who don't.the poor do not have a low cost environment to escape to unlike big countries with many different cities and states.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure about Thailand but there is alot of adjustment to retire in overseas like the kind of neighbours you meet. Before my encounter, I never imagined such barbarians can exist when they are young and educated around 30 years old. It's really eye opening to see people so selfish, inconsiderate, evil and vicious with no conscience at all.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using the axs machine I suppose is less about technology,and more about having a basic command of English or Chinese and understanding what is going on on the screen and choosing the right options.....

Back when I was living in Canada which was decades ago, I could already pay my phone bill simply by using the ATM machine. It was really straight forward. Unlike in Spore where you have to remember a customer bill number. That is why in Spore I always bring my bill so that the AXS machine can read the bar code.

The implementation of the AXS machines is terrible. I remember when the banks started issuing ATM cards with a chip. One had to insert the card into a different slot. It confused me & I thought that my card was faulty.

I'm using the AXN kiosks to to pay my credit card bills. The problem is that the AXS machines is that it cannot indicate how much I owe. I have to log in to my internet bank account to see how much I owe. Then I can go to a AXS kiosks & pay the amount. I can of course do it all via internet banking but I still worry about security. That is why I limit my internet banking.

Previously it was Simpler. I just called the Citibank automated phone line. After the system indicated the amount I owed, I would simply choose the option to pay from my account. All this was done via the phone. I think Citibank made the changes because they were told to by MAS:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about Thailand but there is alot of adjustment to retire in overseas like the kind of neighbours you meet. Before my encounter, I never imagined such barbarians can exist when they are young and educated around 30 years old. It's really eye opening to see people so selfish, inconsiderate, evil and vicious with no conscience at all.

I'm looking at renting 1st before committing to buying a property. The reason I'm in no hurry to buy is because I have enough $$.

I'm a realist & it won't be long until I have to consider moving to some retirement village :(

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually wanted to move to Pattaya but I found out in my last trip that it's too hot. I guess I'm getting old & sensitive. I found myself living like a vampire. Staying indoors during the day & going out only during the evenings.

That's why I prefer a place by the beach. Not for the sand but for the sea breezes.

Will also take a look at places like Bandung, Changmai, Bali, ... or maybe only visit during the cooler seasons.

By the time, u decided where to settle down, it is time to choose a coffin for yourself. Nobody is taking you seriously for all the crap on moving out..

This forum is for crackpot to spend their remaining days here living in their own imagery world.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking at renting 1st before committing to buying a property. The reason I'm in no hurry to buy is because I have enough $$.

I'm a realist & it won't be long until I have to consider moving to some retirement village :(

Oh yawn!!!! Yeah yeah yeah.. Whatever. No balls to move out..

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP lowlife.. Why not just make a holy statement of saying "Stay In Sinkieland and don't migrate..".

You and the rest of the pap clones talk so much crap here.. This is how PAP waste taxpayers money on such crackpot here.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the time, u decided where to settle down, it is time to choose a coffin for yourself. Nobody is taking you seriously for all the crap on moving out..
My thoughts exactly. He's been talking of long term abroad living for several years already, but still hasn't made the move. Among the reasons given is he needs 10 years to learn a new language, which I would disagree. How many more 10 years does one has at this age? Another barrier is his reluctance to learn and embrace new technologies, which will eventually occur everywhere around the world, not just in Singapore and one doesn't have a choice but to adopt and adapt to new technologies. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend where is his bugbear when he had claimed that his earlier career was also in the IT line/business. So, it's quite skeptical.

In many instances, one has also to adjust to suit to the new environment, but of course need not to be to the extent of being at full sacrificial. Otherwise, wherever you go, you are always not going to be contented.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This forum is for crackpot to spend their remaining days here living in their own imagery world.

wtf? johnny is still in sg?! for him every cuntry cannot but sg. this chap is on analysis-paralysis mode forever. by the time he settles down in his desired cuntry (which may happen to be sg afterall this cannot that cannot) i'll be 96 and ready to jump into bedok reservoir.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My grandmother cant speak a word of English,she cant write and barely read anything except numbers,barely finished psle.Lives in a bubble in another era,is highly superstitions like every baby boomer generation sinkie,loves gambling,4d toto and horses.why don't we all go back to a time which suits them?I suppose ur mother is about the same age group as my grandmother.

Using the axs machine I suppose is less about technology,and more about having a basic command of English or Chinese and understanding what is going on on the screen and choosing the right options.the only people I know who have trouble with ATMs and these machines are banglas which I suppose is due to their inability to read English well.

I love the auto checkout machines in Australia they are a million times better designed than the garbage SG supermarkets use.the instructions are simple and user friendly it's just a few large buttons that u push,it accepts coins and notes and never jams unlike fucking SG machines that reject ur notes a hundred times.the changes in SG is less about technology,it's more about socio economic issues and our way of life that PAP is fucking up.the stresses are great because alot of wealth is concentrated in this tiny country which is more like a state than a country.and the poor are unable to cope with the high cost environment as the richer and wealthier push the price of everything up.making Singapore a more advantageous country to those with capital than those who don't.the poor do not have a low cost environment to escape to unlike big countries with many different cities and states.

What about the octopus card in HK? More convenient and accessable n user friendly..Spore have to have separate cards for everything

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To each his own. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. Just to share that there are other options. Everyone should make their decision on what they want to do because at the end of the day they are the ones affected.

I'm just fortunate that I have more choices than most people. That is why I recommend that people start investing early, so that when you are older you have the $$$ & more options.

I've been satisfied with traveling frequently around this region: Indonesia, Malaysia, LOS,.. spending less time in Spore. All these countries have their pluses & negatives. I know of Sporeans who are doing the same. They still own their Spore home but spend more time in Australia & Bali. They make side visits to Malaysia for the durian season :smile:

They are already old & their children already grown up. They also have $$$. The reason they don't take up Aussie PR because they want to avoid the taxes. It's OK to consider moving there when you are younger because these taxes pay for the social benefits you are getting, but when you are older you don't benefit as much.

I know people who have emigrated to countries like Australia & Canada and they make frequent visits to Spore, Malaysia, London,.... When you are older you have the free time to travel & it gets boring to just stay at home.

With the announced increases in Spore, I will simply stay away longer. There are many places in this region that I haven't visited yet & many places I want to re-visit.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another barrier is his reluctance to learn and embrace new technologies, which will eventually occur everywhere around the world, not just in Singapore and one doesn't have a choice but to adopt and adapt to new technologies. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend where is his bugbear when he had claimed that his earlier career was also in the IT line/business. So, it's quite skeptical..

How old are you now? Have you taken the trouble to look at what's going on around you in the HDB heartlands of Spore?
The PAP gov't is sponsoring IT upgrade courses for the old. For example they are offering courses on how to use a smartphone:eek:
They also have MS Word courses:biggrin:

Many uncles & aunties of Spore are not IT literate. As you get older you will lose touch with the technology. Older citizens also become less flexible & may have problems adjusting to newer technologies. I'm getting getting old myself & can relate to this. You are probably too young to appreciate this but when you get older you will probably face the same problems.

It is easier in other countries because they don't change things simply for change. The problem in Spore is that we have too many people
who must come up with ideas for change i.e. KPI. Change is not always a good thing especially if it is from a civil servant who is out of touch.

In Spore there were few jobs with decent pay for Uni grads. During my time it was in the IT field. I was fortunate because nowadays there are plenty of cheap indian talents running around Spore.

Fortunately I was able to set aside $ to invest. I also received share options. That is why today I don't need to work:biggrin: As a matter of I haven't worked for 15+ years.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old are you now? Have you taken the trouble to look at what's going on around you in the HDB heartlands of Spore?
The PAP gov't is sponsoring IT upgrade courses for the old. For example they are offering courses on how to use a smartphone:eek:
They also have MS Word courses:biggrin:

Many uncles & aunties of Spore are not IT literate. As you get older you will lose touch with the technology. Older citizens also become less flexible & may have problems adjusting to newer technologies. I'm getting getting old myself & can relate to this. You are probably too young to appreciate this but when you get older you will probably face the same problems.

It is easier in other countries because they don't change things simply for change. The problem in Spore is that we have too many people
who must come up with ideas for change i.e. KPI. Change is not always a good thing especially if it is from a civil servant who is out of touch.

In Spore there were few jobs with decent pay for Uni grads. During my time it was in the IT field. I was fortunate because nowadays there are plenty of cheap indian talents running around Spore.

Fortunately I was able to set aside $ to invest. I also received share options. That is why today I don't need to work:biggrin: As a matter of I haven't worked for 15+ years.

Indeed, I'm doing the same thing now as well. My stock just went up 27.66% today. Huat AH! The IT field is full of indians sure. Fortunately, they are not all "bad".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf? johnny is still in sg?! for him every cuntry cannot but sg. this chap is on analysis-paralysis mode forever. by the time he settles down in his desired cuntry (which may happen to be sg afterall this cannot that cannot) i'll be 96 and ready to jump into bedok reservoir.

Isn't it obvious that I'm still in Spore? Never claimed otherwise.

I'm experiencing the haze, flash floods, MRT breakdowns, .... it makes the BART problems you wrote about trivial. If it bothers you go get a car.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
To each his own. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. Just to share that there are other options. Everyone should make their decision on what they want to do because at the end of the day they are the ones affected.

I'm just fortunate that I have more choices than most people. That is why I recommend that people start investing early, so that when you are older you have the $$$ & more options.

I've been satisfied with traveling frequently around this region: Indonesia, Malaysia, LOS,.. spending less time in Spore. All these countries have their pluses & negatives. I know of Sporeans who are doing the same. They still own their Spore home but spend more time in Australia & Bali. They make side visits to Malaysia for the durian season :smile:

They are already old & their children already grown up. They also have $$$. The reason they don't take up Aussie PR because they want to avoid the taxes. It's OK to consider moving there when you are younger because these taxes pay for the social benefits you are getting, but when you are older you don't benefit as much.

I know people who have emigrated to countries like Australia & Canada and they make frequent visits to Spore, Malaysia, London,.... When you are older you have the free time to travel & it gets boring to just stay at home.

With the announced increases in Spore, I will simply stay away longer. There are many places in this region that I haven't visited yet & many places I want to re-visit.

more sinkie excuses.. why not just admit that you got no fucking balls to move.

then don't claim that you want to move here and there. just admit you can only travel frequently and get out of sg frequently

BUT

got no balls to quit sg and no balls to emigrate. Just another ball-less sinkie loser.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, I'm doing the same thing now as well. My stock just went up 27.66% today. Huat AH! The IT field is full of indians sure. Fortunately, they are not all "bad".

Yes the stocks have been doing very well because of the promises Trump has made.

My Apple shares are at record prices & if they lower the repatriation taxes, companies like Apple will be able to move the money back to the USA & they have over $240 billion offshore :eek:

I think indians are getting a bad reputation because they like to play politics. If they are just programers & a minority then you are less likely to have problems.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more sinkie excuses.. why not just admit that you got no fucking balls to move.

then don't claim that you want to move here and there. just admit you can only travel frequently ahttps://www.youtube.com/nd get out of sg frequently

BUT

got no balls to quit sg and no balls to emigrate. Just another ball-less sinkie loser.

Take a chill pill & relax "you got to please yourself" :wink:

[video=youtube;ZBKbN6ipWao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKbN6ipWao[/video]