• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious $2 Michelin Soya Sauce Chicken Rice Selling For $2M! Wants To Be Sinkie KFC!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hk-soya-sauce-chicken-rice-and-noodle-2-data.jpg

hk-soya-sauce-chicken-rice-and-noodle-4.jpg

SINGAPORE: Just two months ago, Mr Chan Hong Meng was one of two hawkers that were first in the world to have their stalls honoured with a Michelin star. At S$2 a plate, his signature soya sauce chicken on rice has been touted as the world's cheapest Michelin meal. Every day, snaking queues can be seen at Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle at Chinatown Food Complex, as tourists and locals alike wait for a taste of the famed dish.

Earlier reports suggested that Mr Chan is seeking to cash in on his success once and for all by selling off his secret recipe for S$2 million, but he has since clarified that this is not the case and that he is planning to expand his business beyond Singapore shores.

"I'm not just selling the recipe! In the end, it's the chef that holds the value, not the recipe. If they only have the recipe, it's useless," he said. Describing the S$2 million price tag as "an estimate", he added: "I won't simply sell my recipe to anyone that offers that amount of money. If there is a worthy business partner that meets my conditions, I would work with them."

Mr Chan listed three conditions for potential partners to fulfil: The other party must have the capability and desire to expand overseas; must guarantee that the quality of food will remain the same in every branch; and must be able to provide a guarantee that the recipe will remain within the business.

Mr Chan told Channel NewsAsia that he is currently in talks with five potential partners to take his business to the next level. At the moment, two parties are front-runners, but none fulfill the three conditions he has set out for a partnership, he said.

"MICHELIN STAR HAS OPENED DOORS"

Prior to his Michelin-star fame, Mr Chan did consider partnering with friends to open branches in Singapore, but that was the extent of his expansion plans.

"Michelin has now given me this chance. It has opened up doors to let the world know about us, and about Singapore as a food paradise. The way I see it, we should take the chance to let more know about this dish," he said.

"I want my business to expand all over the world, so people worldwide will know about soya sauce chicken - just like how KFC is known everywhere (for fried chicken). I hope that this dish will live on for generations," Mr Chan added.

"I just want to see my product expand worldwide. Even if there's just one restaurant in each country, I'll be happy."

If talks fall through however, the intrepid chef said he will keep to his initial plan: Work with friends to ensure there is more than one soya sauce chicken stall to his name, at least in Singapore.

Until then, he can be found at Chinatown Food Centre, working hard to ensure curious and hungry customers are fed.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...a-sauce-chicken-stall-eyes-world/3138898.html

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this guy will get knocked off and stomped into the ground before u can even say michelin one star,KFC my ass.it takes business genius and foresight to become a powerhouse like KFC,u think simply good chinken is enough?KFC can sell u shit on a platter and still make big bucks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf! what is 2 million nowadays, i hope he sell it for at least 5 mil. i am happy for him, at least, he dun have to slog like a dog anymore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf! what is 2 million nowadays, i hope he sell it for at least 5 mil. i am happy for him, at least, he dun have to slog like a dog anymore.

Dun be so simple minded.
Only those pappy connected minions can get 800k rubbishbin deal.
Peasants got no chance to get on that gravy train.
Kay Lee duck sold 2 million but that was with shop real estate attached and dun forget they kena stewed by pappies after that and sent to jail.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if he was a smart business man he would have licensed out his chicken rice,open up a few franchises with a couple of investors, jacked up his dish to $6 and see if that price point would hold but keep his $2 main flagship store,see if people are really cuckoo for coco puffs for his chicken rice,his profit would instantly double,triple,quadruple or quintuple.but he hasnt tested that concept,anyone whos going to pay 2 million for that recipe is going to be interested in seeing in how much u can suck from it,and they arent going to hand over 2 million willy nilly without seeing some numbers to justify the future,if hes proven the first franchise can work with at least 50k sales a month,others would be interested in a taste of his empire.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is right. The crux of success lies with the Chef. So what if you know the receipt ? It's the Chef that makes the difference. That's the problem with food. I will only eat at the stall that is helmed by him. Because when it comes to human intervention like cooking the Chef is the one not the receipt.

These things come from experience not via adhereing to a formula.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is right. The crux of success lies with the Chef. So what if you know the receipt ? It's the Chef that makes the difference. That's the problem with food. I will only eat at the stall that is helmed by him. Because when it comes to human intervention like cooking the Chef is the one not the receipt.

These things come from experience not via adhereing to a formula.

if he is the key to the success then he is selling himself short,he should upgrade his one michelin star hawker stall to a restaurant and be cooking chicken rice at $15 a plate........and people would still be swarming his store.lets face it,his is nothing but cheap $2 junk food high in msg thats makes it so addictive like crack cocaine.i admit im addicted to kfc and arnolds fried chicken too and cant get enough of that shit,even marrybrown if i was in malaysia.although kfc sg kinda sucks.

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
hk-soya-sauce-chicken-rice-and-noodle-2-data.jpg

isn't this char siew rice with soybeans? anyway pp will may 3 mio for rubbish like lee pengsan so pp might just pay him 2 mio...

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun be so simple minded.
Only those pappy connected minions can get 800k rubbishbin deal.
Peasants got no chance to get on that gravy train.
Kay Lee duck sold 2 million but that was with shop real estate attached and dun forget they kena stewed by pappies after that and sent to jail.
Kay Lee sold recipe for $2mil
With its shop is for $4mil.
Kay Lee Lady is a how Lian sai.
Or bi kana jail.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he is the key to the success then he is selling himself short,he should upgrade his one michelin star hawker stall to a restaurant and be cooking chicken rice at $15 a plate........and people would still be swarming his store.lets face it,his is nothing but cheap $2 junk food high in msg thats makes it so addictive like crack cocaine.i admit im addicted to kfc and arnolds fried chicken too and cant get enough of that shit,even marrybrown if i was in malaysia.although kfc sg kinda sucks.
U a Malaysian

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oi John, don't you know the difference between char siew rice and soy sauce chicken rice?

HK-Soya-Sauce-Chicken-Rice-009-800x537.jpg

Attachments

• HK-Soya-Sauce-Chicken-Rice-009-800x537.jpg
    HK-Soya-Sauce-Chicken-Rice-009-800x537.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 439

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy will get knocked off and stomped into the ground before u can even say michelin one star,KFC my ass.it takes business genius and foresight to become a powerhouse like KFC,u think simply good chinken is enough?KFC can sell u shit on a platter and still make big bucks.

Why are you so jealous of him?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's lots of good chicken rice stalls around. I don't see the need for me to queue for an hour just to try his $2 meals. I made my cheap serfs do that.

I prefer having my chicken rice at higher class places like boon tong kee, pow sing or chatterbox.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are u sure people queue up because of its good taste or because it is just $2.

A bit of both.
There are quite a few good soy sauce chicken competitors around in the same hawker center.
His is the cheapest.....taste wise also one of the better ones though my favourite is his rival Maria Virgin Chicken.....been eating since I was a kid.