• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Iphone 7 and apple

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I heard from 958, even iphone 7 launch also can't help to boost Apple share price

Consumers are dissaponited at iphone7 , no much difference with iPhone 6s

Seem like Apple no much innovation anymore?

So Apple share free fall?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No material difference except for the absence of a headphone jack.
But it won't stop Sinkie fanboys and girls buying it in their droves...:rolleyes:

Apple is going to end up like Nokia.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
So anybody buy iphone 7?
I am using iphone6s

Really the Apps too complicated then I prefer my ex phone , Samsung S4

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This morning I heard from 958, even iphone 7 launch also can't help to boost Apple share price

It depends on who you are, an investor or someone looking for a phone:confused:

Currently the iPhone 7 is probably one of the best phones around & I'm sure those in the market will take a look at it. Those who have already an iPhone 6 may opt to wait the for the iPhone 8 because next year will be the iPhone's 10th anniversary & they expect Apple to do a major redesign.

If you are an investor, Apple does provide a dividend of 57 cents/share per quarter & Tim Cook has promised to increase the dividend each year. They are doing a lot of buybacks & retiring many AAPL shares. So they should be able to increase the dividends for many more years. Companies like Berkshire Hathaway has invested $ in Apple. So has some retirement funds.

AAPL is I think under valued with a PE ratio of 13.09. Apple has plenty of cash $220+ billion or more. Don't forget that Apple is still selling millions of iPhones each quarter. It might not be at record levels to satisfy some analysts who predict that Apple is doomed. :smile:

To put into context how large Apple is, the following article may be useful:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth...-samsung-microsoft-and-alphabet/#2b52a9e89ee4

The World's Largest Tech Companies 2016: Apple Bests Samsung, Microsoft And Alphabet

May 26, 2016 @ 01:27 PM

When in April Apple AAPL -2.65% announced the first ever decline in iPhone sales, some observers questioned if the company’s best days are behind it. Despite the angst, Tim Cook’s Apple continues to outshine its peers in every metric that counts. Among global tech companies it has the highest revenue ($233 billion), profit ($53 billion), assets ($239 billion) and market cap ($586 billion) for the past year.

These results make Apple not only the biggest tech company in the world, but also bumps it to the 8th largest company in the world- -marking a return to the global top ten–and 4th largest in the U.S. on the 2016 Forbes Global 2000.

The Global 2000 is FORBES’ annual ranking of the planet’s largest and most powerful public companies and is based on four equally-weighted metrics: revenue, profit, assets and market value. The 2016 list includes companies from 63 countries. In the last year, these companies together produced $35 trillion in revenue and $2.4 trillion in profit. They have total assets worth $162 trillion and a combined market value of $44 trillion. (Here’s how we crunched the numbers.)

While China is sapping large company dominance from the United States — for the second year in a row Chinese banks held the top three spots on the full list — Apple sits atop a heavily American tech list

Fourteen of the 25 largest tech companies in the world hail from the U.S., including seven of the top 10: Apple AAPL -2.65%, Microsoft MSFT -0.40%, Alphabet , Intel INTC -0.05%, IBM IBM -1.63%, Cisco Systems CSCO -0.99% and Oracle ORCL -1.28%. The Asia-Pacific region is well represented the bulk of the rest of the list with eight companies– three from China, two each from Taiwan and South Korea and one from India. Germany, Sweden and Finland round out the top 25 in tech.

South Korea’s Samsung takes the number two tech slot, with $177 billion in revenue, $16.5 billion in profit, $206.5 billion in assets and a $216 billion market value. Next up Microsoft, had $86.5 billion in revenue, $10 billion in profit, assets of $182 billion and a $407 billion market value.

Last edited:

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha
My thread is purposely dedicated to Johnny as I knew you got.
So you think Apple share is so expensive now, well if they can't create something which make consumers happy then I think their share price my drop leh .

I got Apple but sold.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 5 year old niece got no problem using most apple apps.
Maybe smartphones are too advance for you

Yes. I really no idea what the apps about.
Even iCloud I also asked my Brother to download/ upload those video and pic

Haha, waste money for me to buy iphone

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha
My thread is purposely dedicated to Johnny as I knew you got.
So you think Apple share is so expensive now, well if they can't create something which make consumers happy then I think their share price my drop leh .

I got Apple but sold.

I started buying Apple shares way back when they were only US$30 & accumulated more over time. I did sell many of them but fortunately I kept some which back then I paid about $30 to US$150. Then Apple split the shares twice, each time by 2. The third time they did a 1 to 6 split.

Now that they are paying me a dividend & I don't mind holding onto the shares. I've already recoup the costs of buying the shares from the dividends I've received. With interest rates being so low & the poor economy I don't see any better alternatives out there.

The people at Apple are not stupid. Steve Jobs left behind his work ethic. So I am sure they are working on various projects. We are seeing some of it as the company attempts to expand into a services company distributing apps, apple TV, music, the beats headphone company, .... they are rumoured to be working on transport related projects.

They may not have another hit like the iPhone but which other company has managed to achieve a string of hits like Apple:confused:
As long as they can remain relevant for a few more years I'll be happy, then maybe the global economy will have improved & I can cash out some of my stocks & look elsewhere.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
SingTel release price, channel news Asia website publish it

Damn expensive and my Brother still want to buy.

Stupid

SkinTrade

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it cums with snorlax and mewtew i will buy it.

Only gay phone boleh! Your pokemon account won't get ban LOL LOL

[video=youtube;WkVLfsGPZS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkVLfsGPZS8[/video]

NEW POKEMON GO HACK v1.5.0 UPDATED COMPUTER + NO JAILBREAK 9.3.4! (Tap To Walk & CATCH RARE POKEMON)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What else can you do with a phone other than add functions? :rolleyes:

Apple has never been innovative. All they do is take an existing device and broaden its usefulness and appeal.

Here's what they have done since the 70s :

1. 70s - Apple I and II - Personal computer
2. 80s - PC with GUI (Mac)
3. 90s - iPod
4. 2007 - iPhone.
5. 2010 - iPad (which is just a large iPod)
6. 2014 - Watch.

That's it.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iphone 7 doesn't come with a headphone jack. You have to get an lightning rod to 3.5mm jack adapter. Luckily, it comes together with the phone package.

The explanation for doing away with the phone jack is, according to Apple's spokeman, Riccio, is ,"It was holding us back from a number of things we wanted to put into the iPhone.It was fighting for space with camera technologies and processors and battery life. And frankly, when there’s a better, modern solution available, it’s crazy to keep it around.”

The better and modern solution is to stream music via bluetooth or wifi.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no disk in the iPhone or any phone for that matter.

i mean it got bigger space, further more, the size of iphone suit my short fingers. i dun like using both hands for a smartphone. i am 独臂刀。:o