• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hasselblad is on the verge of announcing a new camera

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phone cams are all crap because :

1. The sensor is far too small and as a result is very noisy and has a narrow dynamk ic range.

2. The optics are inferior.

3. The shooting parameters aren't sufficiently customizable to enable some degree of control of what sort of image you want. The phone decides that on your behalf.

U can write to Hassle Bert to incorporate a mobile phone into their camera

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with most of what you said, but depending on the eventual price, this Hassie might still find a place in:
  • studio work, especially in fashion, portraiture and boudoir
  • outdoor pre-wedding photography
  • landscape work.

In terms of its looks, the customers will adjust; just think of how shocking the Leica M3 must have been when it first replaced those big cameras. And like the Leica, the brand is as important as the size.

In terms of battery life, Hasselblad will probably make updates if sales pick up.

That said, I'm not rushing out to get the Hasselblad, yet.

Cameras are like cars. Each model is designed for a specific market segment.

This camera does not seem to fall into any of the practical categories ie sports/action, portrait, photojournalism, fashion/glamor.

A medium format camera with 50 Megapixels is not going to be used by those who want to snap images and upload them on the go because the files are massive... 30 to 40Mb.

The camera can't be used for sports events either because it does not have the sophisticated focus tracking abilities and the high iso capabilities to match the likes of the Nikon D5 and the Canon 1DX. The battery life good only for 300 images means it won't last more than 30 minutes of shooting at a fast paced event.

Pros won't use it at fashion shows because it does not look like a pro camera. Size does matter as a professional photographer. The battery life is inadequate for a fashion shoot too.

I can only conclude that it is for the snobs. :biggrin: It's like wearing a Rolex or driving a Bentley.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I agree with most of what you said, but depending on the eventual price, this Hassie might still find a place in:
  • studio work, especially in fashion, portraiture and boudoir
  • outdoor pre-wedding photography
  • landscape work.

In terms of its looks, the customers will adjust; just think of how shocking the Leica M3 must have been when it first replaced those big cameras. And like the Leica, the brand is as important as the size.

In terms of battery life, Hasselblad will probably make updates if sales pick up.

That said, I'm not rushing out to get the Hasselblad, yet.

High megapixels makes me a lazy photographer.

When I shoot with my 60megapixel medium format, I don't bother much about framing the image. I'll do that later on my RAW converter. With megapixels to spare I can crop aggressively and still have enough pixels left over for a razor sharp A0 print. As a result I just plonk the main subject at the centre of the frame where the focus circle is and hit the shutter.

If I shoot with the Nikon D810 (36 megapixels) I put in more effort to compose the shot because I might need all the pixels later.

For 99% of all the work that I do, 24 Megapixels is more than sufficient as it will end up being viewed on a monitor, tablet or phone.

Dynamic range is probably the most important parameter to me as it is what makes the image pop after editing. It is followed by battery life and then high ISO noise levels.