• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Independent Claimed that Chan Chun Sing is a liar and cheat in Parliament

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Ye Kung is certainly a contender. Politically astute and father is a former MP and solid ties to clan and grassroots albeit on the other side. Though not a scholar, went thru Admin Svc - including all the hurdles such as PPS for PM.

He was most publicised of candidates prior to 2011 - remember staging managing the football game at Malay Boys home.

Also interesting that they announced his resignaton as Exe Secretary of the National Transport Workers Union and NTUC on 26 Sept to take effect on 25 Nov. The next day 171 bus drivers walked out in the disastrous and embarrassing wildcat strike that crippled bus services in some major routes in decades. And it was due to the inability to make progress during the negotiation.

Because of your background you would know how union negotiations are handled and how troublemakers are tracked and handled plus what the Research Unit does and he headed that as well.

Yet the press as well did not put put the connection about jumping ship. So you are looking not only at a political astute individual but a highly protected individual. Cable to LHL.

My insider updated me recently that we should not rule out Ong Ye Kung as PM. Inside the PAP and MOE, he is taken very seriously. Let's wait for his next appointment. If Defence or Finance, I think HSK will have a formidable opponent. CCS has been CFF - concluded for filing.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does appear that they are going to skip a generation and work on the next. It also like LHL is not gong to step down anytime soon. His approach of having 3 Coordinating Super Ministers suggest that his burdened has been lightened significantly and he can carry on comfortably.

I don't CCS is going to cut the mustard. Tan Chuan Jin is quiet performer and has progress and impressed people from what I can gather. This is just one isolated incident but does tell something about the man.

Last year one undergrad who apparently had mental issues began sending out letters to various people holding political appointments. He went to the house personally and spoke to the parents and provided them with the letters sent and asked if they knew what was happening. The undergrad is now seeking treatment. The parents are very grateful and some of us who heard about this thought this guy was going to milk this. Nothing came out.

Grace is not in the running, making up the quota, not very bright, given job as Whip similar to WKS who was also voted the least bright in the cabinet. Desmond not in the running as he is mild mannered as his father. Koh Poh Koon would probably fall victim to a road rage incident or would have killed himself politically as Howe did. Lawrence Wong is also a contender as well Ng.

Interesting times.

HSK has never held the defence portfolio. His portfolios included the all-important education and finance. Age is against him. But he is regarded as an expert in finance like Richard Hu, Tharman.

CCS has held a portfolio in defence and army background. Plus he has been given a portfolio to have some experience with grassroots. Only thing missing is education and finance portfolios.

OYK on the other hand, has been entrusted with education right from the beginning. Where he goes from there will give you a clue. To be an ex-PPS to PM is regarded as something to have confidence of LHL.

You have the others in the next generation to watch for:
Lawrence Wong
Tan Chuan Jin
Grace Fu
Ng Chee Meng
Koh Poh Koon
Desmond Lee

The mantle has not been settled I guess. It is likely HSK for 2 terms followed by CCS as of now.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does appear that they are going to skip a generation and work on the next. It also like LHL is not gong to step down anytime soon. His approach of having 3 Coordinating Super Ministers suggest that his burdened has been lightened significantly and he can carry on comfortably.

That is great news. More than ever, we need his steady hands to guide us through these trying times. I am looking forward to many more years of his guidance in the cabinet as Senior Minister Mentor for our many promising but inexperienced ministers. More good years! :smile:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I will be the last person to ever allow the PA to be politicised,” Mr Chan reassured.

Is he foreshadowing his, and the PAPzis' downfall?

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by GoldenDragon
My insider updated me recently that we should not rule out Ong Ye Kung as PM. Inside the PAP and MOE, he is taken very seriously. Let's wait for his next appointment. If Defence or Finance, I think HSK will have a formidable opponent. CCS has been CFF - concluded for filing.

Ong Ye Kung is certainly a contender. Politically astute and father is a former MP and solid ties to clan and grassroots albeit on the other side. Though not a scholar, went thru Admin Svc - including all the hurdles such as PPS for PM.

He was most publicised of candidates prior to 2011 - remember staging managing the football game at Malay Boys home.

Also interesting that they announced his resignaton as Exe Secretary of the National Transport Workers Union and NTUC on 26 Sept to take effect on 25 Nov. The next day 171 bus drivers walked out in the disastrous and embarrassing wildcat strike that crippled bus services in some major routes in decades. And it was due to the inability to make progress during the negotiation.

Because of your background you would know how union negotiations are handled and how troublemakers are tracked and handled plus what the Research Unit does and he headed that as well.

Yet the press as well did not put put the connection about jumping ship. So you are looking not only at a political astute individual but a highly protected individual. Cable to LHL.
hahaha...empty vessels masturbating each other....
Ong YK will not have a chance to succeed Lee HL...
simple analysis....
Lee HL is already 64 y.o....even if he stayed another 2 terms until 74 y.o. (anyway i doubt he will stay beyond 70 y.o.)...which is 10 years down the line.....
Ong YK will still not be ready to take over as PM....as he is only acting Ministar now...
truly retarded....

Pse bookmarked this.....to be revisited when the next PM is confirmed...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The secret weapon which was unleashed in GE 2015 will ensure that the PAP remains in power for at least another 20 years. In the next 20 years, the use of the weapon will ensure that they enjoy a popular vote of between 65% to 70%. Aljunied will most likely be retaken by GE 2020 and WP will be reduced back to having only 1 elected MP. The potency of the secret weapon is the reason for why there is an urgent need for increasing the number of NCMP seats so that there is some semblance of "democracy".

With external threats effectively neutralized, LHL will now be looking to address the enemies within. It will be at least 2 GEs to "fix" everyone on that shortlist that was drawn up in the run up to GE 2015. Given the lack of loyalty, there are no safe hands to pass the baton to. Also as was shown in the past, even the most trusted of lieutenants can develop their own ambitions of power over time. There will therefore most likely be a direct handover rather than regency rule as was before.

The secret weapon however carries within it the seeds of its own destruction. That will however be the story of the next generation. The fate of the current generation of Singaporeans is sealed and there will be no more good years for a very long time.

It does appear that they are going to skip a generation and work on the next. It also like LHL is not gong to step down anytime soon.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The secret weapon which was unleashed in GE 2015 will ensure that the PAP remains in power for at least another 20 years. In the next 20 years, the use of the weapon will ensure that they enjoy a popular vote of between 65% to 70%. Aljunied will most likely be retaken by GE 2020 and WP will be reduced back to having only 1 elected MP. The potency of the secret weapon is the reason for why there is an urgent need for increasing the number of NCMP seats so that there is some semblance of "democracy".

With external threats effectively neutralized, LHL will now be looking to address the enemies within. It will be at least 2 GEs to "fix" everyone on that shortlist that was drawn up in the run up to GE 2015. Given the lack of loyalty, there are no safe hands to pass the baton to. Also as was shown in the past, even the most trusted of lieutenants can develop their own ambitions of power over time. There will therefore most likely be a direct handover rather than regency rule as was before.

The secret weapon however carries within it the seeds of its own destruction. That will however be the story of the next generation. The fate of the current generation of Singaporeans is sealed and there will be no more good years for a very long time.

Welcome back Aurvandil.

I don't think the secret weapon is of sufficient numbers yet to skew an election result. If it was, the PAP wouldn't have gone on record saying that their margin (69.9% in 2015) was narrower than it appears. That is a pretty strange thing to say, and it suggests that they knew one-off factors contributed significantly to the swing (LKY + SG50).

The immediate concern is BB BE where this effect might persist and cause PAP to maintain this level of support. LWL made a good dent here and I'm sure her brother was not pleased that she destroyed something he carefully planned and created.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't CCS is going to cut the mustard. Tan Chuan Jin is quiet performer and has progress and impressed people from what I can gather. This is just one isolated incident but does tell something about the man.

I always see CCS as a goofy character ever since his kee chiu introduction. He simply does not have the refine mannerism of LHL and the old man.

Heng Swee Keat is another contender but he is a bit too old and his lack of stature is going to prevent him from looking tough. Physical appearance do matter a lot when it comes to being head of a country.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always see CCS as a goofy character ever since his kee chiu introduction. He simply does not have the refine mannerism of LHL and the old man.

Heng Swee Keat is another contender but he is a bit too old and his lack of stature is going to prevent him from looking tough. Physical appearance do matter a lot when it comes to being head of a country.

like dat, i place my bet on ng chee meng :biggrin:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
When measuring the power of the weapon, you need to take into account that many of them are family members of native born Singaporeans. There are also many native born Singaporeans with spouses/relatives on PR, LTSV and other passes. Such Singaporeans would be adverse to a "Singaporean First" policy as advocated by so many Opposition parties.

A second point to consider are the new "integration" ratios introduced by HDB for the resale market. These have the power to control who lives where and can therefore be used to shore up electoral support where it is needed. The "surprise" bounce in support in East Coast GRC was likely the result of this policy. The loyal ah gong's and ah ma's who passed away were replaced by a demographic that was equally loyal.

The reaction of many in the PAP to the results of GE 2015 is indicative is that the secret weapon is known only to a very select few in the PAP elite. You can see who is running NPTD to see just how closely this weapon is held. There are in fact signs that those who knew about the weapon encouraged the belief that a huge electoral defeat was imminent in 2015 so that they could flush out who was loyal and who had ambitions. Perhaps it was even a dying father's last piece of advice to his son.

I don't think the secret weapon is of sufficient numbers yet to skew an election result.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yep agree with you here. "Goofy" describes CCS to a "T". He is very smart-alecky as well.

I would count HSK out. As you said, no stature.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When measuring the power of the weapon, you need to take into account that many of them are family members of native born Singaporeans. There are also many native born Singaporeans with spouses/relatives on PR, LTSV and other passes. Such Singaporeans would be adverse to a "Singaporean First" policy as advocated by so many Opposition parties.

A second point to consider are the new "integration" ratios introduced by HDB for the resale market. These have the power to control who lives where and can therefore be used to shore up electoral support where it is needed. The "surprise" bounce in support in East Coast GRC was likely the result of this policy. The loyal ah gong's and ah ma's who passed away were replaced by a demographic that was equally loyal.

The reaction of many in the PAP to the results of GE 2015 is indicative is that the secret weapon is known only to a very select few in the PAP elite. You can see who is running NPTD to see just how closely this weapon is held. There are in fact signs that those who knew about the weapon encouraged the belief that a huge electoral defeat was imminent in 2015 so that they could flush out who was loyal and who had ambitions. Perhaps it was even a dying father's last piece of advice to his son.

Okay, I think I get your point. You're talking about a multiplier effect through association with Singapore natives. Fair enough. But hard to measure.

There was indeed a well-organized effort to create the illusion of a huge PAP loss in 2015. Some forum nicks who were the main participants in SBF went missing immediately after the GE. Though one of them (the one who likes Chinese tonics) has begun to post occasionally. I did not see that coming. Wwabbit was the only one in SBF who warned that we were all overly enthusiastic in predicting the loss of Fengshan, EC, Joo Chiat, etc. Wwabbit I believe has statistics background too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I heard that the wife took leave to run the campaign from start to finish, I suspected as you stated that there would not be any regency rule. I also wondered if the gap is too wide. She is now involved in the EP as well behind the scenes. The EP has become a major embarrassment. Nobody in his right mind will step forward to be nominated if they are going to get embarrassing results. It also shows poor foresight.

It will be interesting to watch how the entry into politics is made. For his son old man did the Army approach. The army nor the Admin Service appeal to any of the grandsons so the entry would have been via another institution such as think tank or an industry leadership body.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From day one everyone has treated him as a novelty. I have no idea why the media alluded that he was PM material and gave the impression he was more or less the chosen one and bear in mind that both the Chinese and English media did it. His photo of appearance at the funeral also added fuel to fire. I think he has become a joke and continues to be joke. The only thing going of him is that the aunties love him.

Forget the appearance, and I began looking for words of wisdom and any insight that he might offer to gauge his substance. Nothing so far.

Heng Swee Kiat has always kept a low profile and his DNA is not into impressing people. He has however the capability to do it. I am however not sure if he is prepared to do the bidding of the family. This guy when he was in his 20s told his boss to take a flying fuck for asking him to do silly things. The boss gave him a bad report which he challenged. When the superiors found out what was the silly reason for marking him down, they revised it and kicked his boss instead.

Interestingly HSK marked down the son of a very influential individual who was in the admin service who just could not cut the mustard. So this guy has the balls.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tan Chuan Jin is quiet performer and has progress and impressed people from what I can gather. This is just one isolated incident but does tell something about the man.

TCJ has the capability of impressing people from all political persuasions. Even opposition supporters have praised him for job well done.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The primary driver for 2015 was for PAP to close down the burning issues. They did that very well. They also shut down the alternative media with the new law so the country did not have the same access or the reach to disseminate. Not helped by people like TRS which has been discredited. If you look on the cases here where the PAP lost
See Ai Mee - no need to explain
Koh Poh Koon - no need to explain
Anson 81 - JBJ plus Port Workers Housing issue between HDB and PSA
Chiam - Hard work plus arrogance of the PAP on candidates qualification when PP was at that time had a rural farming community
Chee Chai Chen - Nee Soon Central temple issues
Hougang - hard work and big teochew community
Png Eng Huat - hardwork and Low goodwill

Though new Singaporeans are a factor I think the local born numbers will continue to play a big part plus we provide the right hardworking candidate. And the PAP stuffs up.

Okay, I think I get your point. You're talking about a multiplier effect through association with Singapore natives. Fair enough. But hard to measure.

There was indeed a well-organized effort to create the illusion of a huge PAP loss in 2015. Some forum nicks who were the main participants in SBF went missing immediately after the GE. Though one of them (the one who likes Chinese tonics) has begun to post occasionally. I did not see that coming. Wwabbit was the only one in SBF who warned that we were all overly enthusiastic in predicting the loss of Fengshan, EC, Joo Chiat, etc. Wwabbit I believe has statistics background too.