• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Man's Daughter vs Devan Nair's son

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/janadas-de...ew-was-not-bothered-but-pm-lee-scolds-editor/
Janadas Devan accuses ST editor of being sly – Lee Kuan Yew was not bothered, but PM Lee ‘scolds’ editor
By The Independent - April 2, 2016 4 3278
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

UPDATE: Dr Lee in a subsequent post in her Facebook said, “Janadas texted me from Texas yesterday, probably after reading yesterday’s post.

“I never called Cheong sly” Mr Devan said.

Dr Lee said that the conversation took place in 2013, and that she may not recall the exact words Mr Devan used. “But he expressed his displeasure with Cheong with great emotion and this was directed to the fact that Cheong made use of my father,” Dr Lee said.

“”Sly” seemed appropriate word to convey what he said to me,” she added.

Dr Lee further said that henceforth there will be times where she cannot reveal names, “because the powers that be may take retribution, so i then have to be less frank without being dishonest.”

Dr Lee Wei Ling, daughter of Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew recounted an incident in her Facebook about revolving around the publication of a book by the former editor of The Straits Times, Mr Cheong Yip Seng. Mr Cheong’s book, ‘OB Markers’, was published in January 2013.

Dr Lee said that after ‘OB Markers’ was published, Mr Janadas Devan (who shortly before the book’s publication was appointed as chief of government communications) complained to her that “Cheong was sly, that he asked my father to write a foreword, then criticized my father in the book.”

Dr Ling said that she had not read the book when Mr Devan made that complain to her, but that she repeated what he said to her father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

“Pa merely shrugged his shoulders,” she said.

Dr Lee said that she read the book a few weeks ago and discovered that it was “all factual narratives”.

“I did not think there was any attempt to criticize. Pa does not worry about factual comments of him,” Dr Lee said.

Dr Lee said that she mentioned the incident to a friend who is a PAP cadre, and that the cadre told her that her brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong reacted differently to Mr Cheong’s book.

“Hsien Loong, who was by then PM, had called up Cheong to scold him,” Dr Lee said.

Dr Lee further recounted that on the spur of the moment, she phoned Mr Cheong to tell him that her father was not bothered by Mr Devan’ accusations, and the Mr Lee’s only response was a shrug.

To which Mr Cheong replied, “Wei Ling, your father is too big for this.”

Dr Lee went on to tell Mr Cheong that she was told that the Prime Minister had called him up to scold him, and Mr Cheong replied, “not scold. He wanted to point out some issues. I tried to explain to Hsien Loong that I was defending your father, not attacking him.”

Dr Lee said that her father never restricted freedom of speech. Mr Lee Kuan Yew only just chose to defend his reputation in court if it was slander, she added.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.............Dr Lee said that her father never restricted freedom of speech. Mr Lee Kuan Yew only just chose to defend his reputation in court if it was slander, she added.

IHT: You and others have also talked about the need to open Singapore up a little bit more in the modern world of fast moving technology and information and communications.

Lee Kuan Yew: No other way.

IHT: No other way. But this is going slowly. Former Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong talked about thinking and acting like revolutionaries. It was very hard to decree looseness and boldness. But is this a direction that you would like to go in?

Lee Kuan Yew: No, I think we have to go in whatever direction world conditions dictate if we are to survive and to be part of this modern world. If we are not connected to this modern world, we are dead. We'll go back to the fishing village we once were.

IHT: The marketplace of ideas is so often discussed outside of Singapore. You have said it is a beneficial notion so that there will be a ferment and growth. But . . .

Lee Kuan Yew: If we don't have that stimulus, if we are not connected to the world and know what's going on, how could we keep abreast of it? How can we know where the action is? Where are the expanding sectors we should be in?

IHT: But won't that require a greater opening up of society here? A loosening of the press, of free speech, of political competition?

Lee Kuan Yew: You're giving me the classical . . .

IHT: I am, I want to . . .

Lee Kuan Yew: No, the classical, Western, liberal approach.

IHT: It's not my practice . . .

Lee Kuan Yew: No, no. It's the Western, classical, liberal approach.

IHT: Right.

Lee Kuan Yew: I'm giving you the answer of a pragmatist.

IHT: That's what I want to hear
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/29/world/asia/29iht-lee-excerpts.html

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/janadas-de...ew-was-not-bothered-but-pm-lee-scolds-editor/
Janadas Devan accuses ST editor of being sly – Lee Kuan Yew was not bothered, but PM Lee ‘scolds’ editor
By The Independent - April 2, 2016 4 3278
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

UPDATE: Dr Lee in a subsequent post in her Facebook said, “Janadas texted me from Texas yesterday, probably after reading yesterday’s post.

“I never called Cheong sly” Mr Devan said.

Dr Lee said that the conversation took place in 2013, and that she may not recall the exact words Mr Devan used. “But he expressed his displeasure with Cheong with great emotion and this was directed to the fact that Cheong made use of my father,” Dr Lee said.

“”Sly” seemed appropriate word to convey what he said to me,” she added.

Dr Lee further said that henceforth there will be times where she cannot reveal names, “because the powers that be may take retribution, so i then have to be less frank without being dishonest.”

Dr Lee Wei Ling, daughter of Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew recounted an incident in her Facebook about revolving around the publication of a book by the former editor of The Straits Times, Mr Cheong Yip Seng. Mr Cheong’s book, ‘OB Markers’, was published in January 2013.

Dr Lee said that after ‘OB Markers’ was published, Mr Janadas Devan (who shortly before the book’s publication was appointed as chief of government communications) complained to her that “Cheong was sly, that he asked my father to write a foreword, then criticized my father in the book.”

Dr Ling said that she had not read the book when Mr Devan made that complain to her, but that she repeated what he said to her father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

“Pa merely shrugged his shoulders,” she said.

Dr Lee said that she read the book a few weeks ago and discovered that it was “all factual narratives”.

“I did not think there was any attempt to criticize. Pa does not worry about factual comments of him,” Dr Lee said.

Dr Lee said that she mentioned the incident to a friend who is a PAP cadre, and that the cadre told her that her brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong reacted differently to Mr Cheong’s book.

“Hsien Loong, who was by then PM, had called up Cheong to scold him,” Dr Lee said.

Dr Lee further recounted that on the spur of the moment, she phoned Mr Cheong to tell him that her father was not bothered by Mr Devan’ accusations, and the Mr Lee’s only response was a shrug.

To which Mr Cheong replied, “Wei Ling, your father is too big for this.”

Dr Lee went on to tell Mr Cheong that she was told that the Prime Minister had called him up to scold him, and Mr Cheong replied, “not scold. He wanted to point out some issues. I tried to explain to Hsien Loong that I was defending your father, not attacking him.”

Dr Lee said that her father never restricted freedom of speech. Mr Lee Kuan Yew only just chose to defend his reputation in court if it was slander, she added.

His father Devan Nair was destroyed by the ruthless dictator, and yet he as the son could suck up to him.

Janadas, you're a fucking disgrace!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Can someone explain to me how The Chief Communication Officer of the Government Ministry of Communication and Information, and Chief of Government Communications be living in Austin, Texas? What the fuck? Singapore too expensive a city for him, even with his high government pay?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Janadas is the ultimate eunuch lapdog. He attempted to borrow the climate of authoritarianism to sow discord. Crown princess catches him out but with a crucial caveat: there is only freedom of speech within certain boundaries. She does not spell it out exactly like this, but the inference is readily made.

Cheong, janadas and LWL: and tango makes three.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He and the family moved to the US nearly 20 years ago. Wife Geraldine works there and they have a house in Austin Texas. After what happened to the father, he was given a job in SPH and submitted articles while residing in the US. Interestingly he was appointed Deputy Secretary in the Civil Service, second only to PS. Commutes now.

Can someone explain to me how The Chief Communication Officer of the Government Ministry of Communication and Information, and Chief of Government Communications be living in Austin, Texas? What the fuck? Singapore too expensive a city for him, even with his high government pay?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Janadas is the ultimate eunuch lapdog. He attempted to borrow the climate of authoritarianism to sow discord. Crown princess catches him out but with a crucial caveat: there is only freedom of speech within certain boundaries. She does not spell it out exactly like this, but the inference is readily made.

Cheong, janadas and LWL: and tango makes three.

Money heals old wounds, wounds suffered by his old man apparantly. Restitution was made, that is all that matters now.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it in the Indian gene to betray their parents and sibling.

Press KJ to say what he think of his brother plp PAP.

Money heals old wounds, wounds suffered by his old man apparantly. Restitution was made, that is all that matters now.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He and the family moved to the US nearly 20 years ago. Wife Geraldine works there and they have a house in Austin Texas. After what happened to the father, he was given a job in SPH and submitted articles while residing in the US. Interestingly he was appointed Deputy Secretary in the Civil Service, second only to PS. Commutes now.

Why don't WP ask how can the second ranking civil servant in singapore be commuting from the US? Who pays for his flights, first class, no doubt? The govt? Out of his own pocket? Does he also hold US citizenship? Did his kids do NS? This is fucking bullshit

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't WP ask how can the second ranking civil servant in singapore be commuting from the US? Who pays for his flights, first class, no doubt? The govt? Out of his own pocket? Does he also hold US citizenship? Did his kids do NS? This is fucking bullshit

if chief of propaganda can commute from bedok bay area, chief cummunicating officer can cummute from austin, tx.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me about it! Its hard for a genuinely good civil servant to act a mercenary and a media thug for government. I am sure he knows full well what his role is but they needed to give him the designation and cover. He probably has a green card and typically people in this situation would have the wife and kids holding citizenship of their new country. They also gave him the rank to cover the cost of the trips and other expenses.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tell me about it! Its hard for a genuinely good civil servant to act a mercenary and a media thug for government. I am sure he knows full well what his role is but they needed to give him the designation and cover. He probably has a green card and typically people in this situation would have the wife and kids holding citizenship of their new country. They also gave him the rank to cover the cost of the trips and other expenses.

I can't imagine the White House Press Secretary being allowed ever, to live in singapore and commute to DC

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ST editors and senior management are PAP's censors and propagandists, they are PAP's servants and many of them are PAP members.

Seems like Lee Wei Ling has been living in an alternate universe, time to wake up and look at what her father and brother as PAP dictators have done to freedom of speech in Sinkieland over the last 50 years.

Lee Wei Ling should sent to ST the quotes of her father LKY when he was the opposition leader, her father was very much like CSJ fighting for democracy. But power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, for the past few decades, PAP and their cronies have controlled the MSM tightly repressing Sinkies' freedom of speech and publication and disseminating PAP propaganda.

Lee+Kuan+Yew+democracy.jpg

repression.jpg

open-or-closed-society.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the siblings were growing up, those outside the family, those in Govt and their minders felt that LWL was very similar to her father. They also thought she would make a better leader than her brother.

She used to put her hands up for everything and she persuaded her parents to allow her to follow her elder brother for pre NS physical conditioning. The instructors felt that she was much better than he was.

Note that when she began writing her articles, it was similar in style to the old man and it was felt that she was filling his shoes as he was getting very fragile. Now that he is gone, I suspect that she is lost. There was also this sense that she was very protective of her father and took on those who he trusted but she felt was making use of her father. The incident with Philip Yeo comes to mind.

The ST editors and senior management are PAP's censors and propagandists, they are PAP's servants and many of them are PAP members.

Seems like Lee Wei Ling has been living in an alternate universe, time to wake up and look at what her father and brother as PAP dictators have done to freedom of speech in Sinkieland over the last 50 years.

Lee Wei Ling should sent to ST the quotes of her father LKY when he was the opposition leader, her father was very much like CSJ fighting for democracy. But power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, for the past few decades, PAP and their cronies have controlled the MSM tightly repressing Sinkies' freedom of speech and publication and disseminating PAP propaganda.