• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toyota Hilux Revo - all new pickup truck to be launch soon

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was told the baby had finally arrived and dealer preparing it with extra accessories. :biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hilux is virtually indestructible. just ask top gear.

topgear.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
During the test drive i did not have a close look at the dash now I've found it to be very very nice with lots of bells and whistles

Like this colour too looks better than on photo

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have a chance to finally test the Revo over the weekend for long distance and into small roads.

Conclusion of this truck is the ride is still quite "pickup" like comparing with the D-Max which is good. The handling is I have to say very car like and for me its comfort but for some may not like. Another plus point for me is the sound damper is rather good again compare with D-Max which again makes the pickup very comfortable to drive and with the cruise control which is the first for Toyota pickup it adds in the comfort level for long distance driving in Thailand. As I use it for recreation or weekend driving for me these car like features are a plus point for me.

The front

Plenty of storage

Passengers in the rear can sit comfortable with enough leg space

Very modern dashboard

Steering and bright optitron instrument cluster

Big screen navigation, entertainment, control and information centre

Gear

Automatic foldable side mirror

Automatic windows for all 4 windows

Aircon control

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Have a chance to finally test the Revo over the weekend for long distance and into small roads.

Conclusion of this truck is the ride is still quite "pickup" like comparing with the D-Max which is good. The handling is I have to say very car like and for me its comfort but for some may not like. Another plus point for me is the sound damper is rather good again compare with D-Max which again makes the pickup very comfortable to drive and with the cruise control which is the first for Toyota pickup it adds in the comfort level for long distance driving in Thailand. As I use it for recreation or weekend driving for me these car like features are a plus point for me.

Aircon control

Is the aircon icy cold which is what it should be for the tropics?

The biggest problem I used to find with continental cars in Singapore was that the airconditioning was pathetic. The Japs did it so much better. My Honda Accord aircon was so powerful it used to ice up if I set it too cold.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is the aircon icy cold which is what it should be for the tropics?

The biggest problem I used to find with continental cars in Singapore was that the airconditioning was pathetic. The Japs did it so much better. My Honda Accord aircon was so powerful it used to ice up if I set it too cold.

Yes it's very cold as usual thanks to Denso. Past two days were very hot in Bangkok and setting 23degC is too much 24.5 is enough.

One more thing good with this truck is it's got air conditioning at the back as well

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this shows that without the toyota truck,the terrorist movements since the 1980s would not have been this successful.its not the ak47 or the rpg or the CIA or
Israeli funding that makes a terrorist organisation.the backbone of the terrorist is the toyota.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Surprised Toyota had installed their latest interactive dash board information system for this pickup. Saw this being use in higher end Toyotas and also new Lexus models

Nav

Media

Vehicle information

Settings

All the above controlled from the right side of the wheel here

Like the above feature as its so convenient and easy to use

The left side of the wheel is for media and phone

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Toyota Fortuner walks the torque

aptoyfor1.jpg

The new Toyota Fortuner is expected to go on sale here from early 2016.

Boss, did you have a chance to test the Fortuna? Have any comment?

Am in Jakarta now found out they do not have 2.8 diesel here only the 2.4 just went to take a look yesterday if you had seen or test it what you think about this?

Last question, is X-Trail a popular car in NZ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss any comment on above?

Yes I went to test drive the 2.8 litre diesel. The drive was excellent and the engine was very quiet at cruising speeds.

However what I did not like was the fact that NZ imports the 7 seater version only and the seats fold sideways instead out of sight into the floor pan.

This reduces the rear storage space considerably and to make matters worse my poor dog cannot see out of the side windows because they are blocked by the upfolded seats. A very poor design I must say.

You can see the result here....

toyota_fortuner_india_interior_DSC03584.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes I went to test drive the 2.8 litre diesel. The drive was excellent and the engine was very quiet at cruising speeds.

However what I did not like was the fact that NZ imports the 7 seater version only and the seats fold sideways instead out of sight into the floor pan.

This reduces the rear storage space considerably and to make matters worse my poor dog cannot see out of the side windows because they are blocked by the upfolded seats. A very poor design I must say.

You can see the result here....

toyota_fortuner_india_interior_DSC03584.jpg

Thanks for the comment -

- Problem here in Jakarta is it comes with the 2.4L diesel and 2.7L benzene, my truck in Thailand is the 2.8L and I have no complain . . . . ok ok ok gotta test drive this n cut time I'm in Jakarta
- besides your dog can't see the outside the bloody folded 3rd row seats prevent the second row to move back further or the back to be lowered so it coul be uncomfortable for back seat passengers when their seats are limited in position. Believe me I have this fucking problem with my Inova Kijang in Jakarta. The solution is ton have the 3rd row seats set up but then wtf the space for the dog is bloody gone.
- the solution is to remove the 3rd row altogether.

Ok then I've got to test drive this 2.4 diesel the next time I'm there, it's time to replace my 3 year old Innova in Indo getting sick and tired of this low quality sucker.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes it is very popular with the ladies and gays. Not a real man's car.

The X-Trailnseem to be very popular in Jakarta, see it all over, salesman offered me a good special discount yesterday IDR450M discount by to IDR400m for the 2.5L top model tested the car feels it's too low and somewhat small for my liking