• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's really tat bad..pinky would not have won't the erection with 70% of the vote.

Saddam won >90%. So PAP's 69.9% means nothing when the GE was not fair.

Look at the stress and opposition LHL gets from Singaporeans and you know that he is not well liked and he cant handle the job. 69.9% compared to Saddam's<90% is really bad

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense! It is the shareholders' fault. Why did they continue to vote for the Board of Directors who are not doing anything to arrest the decline of the company? SIA shareholders deserve it. Glad I no longer hold SIA shares. My children and I are proud owners of Air Canada and I thumb my nose at you foolish SIA shareholders. Ha ha!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense! It is the shareholders' fault. Why did they continue to vote for the Board of Directors who are not doing anything to arrest the decline of the company? SIA shareholders deserve it. Glad I no longer hold SIA shares. My children and I are proud owners of Air Canada and I thumb my nose at you foolish SIA shareholders. Ha ha!

what are you talking?

Temasek Holdings holds 55% of SIA shares. The PAP can do whatever they want with SIA without your and my consent

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Temasek owns more then 55% of SIA you stupid asshole. They determine who is on the BOD. In other words, Whore Jinx is the one who determines that, other shareholders even if combined together cannot over ride Temasek.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know how these fuckers at SIA can lose $138 million in the last quarter!! Seriously? Fuel prices are so low now, and yet can still lose money. They must be the only major airline that is losing money. Seems to me like NOL Part Deux, an unpleasant Deja Vu. Watch for them to be sold to a China airline in the near future. Even the shitty American airlines are making money hand over fist, you know them. they fly the old planes, have fat and old FA and give you peanuts or pretzel for your inflight meal.

Source:
Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Schedule P1.2 http://www.transtats.bts.gov/Fields.asp?Table_ID=295

The 24 U.S. scheduled service passenger airlines reported an after-tax net profit as a group for the 16th consecutive quarter.
In addition to the after-tax net profit of $ 1.9 billion based on net income reports, the scheduled service passenger airlines reported a $3.3 billion pre-tax operating profit in the first quarter of 2017, down from $4.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2016 and down from $5.6 billion in the first quarter of 2016. The airlines reported a pre-tax operating profit - as a group - for the 24th consecutive quarter (Tables 1, 4).
Net profit or loss and operating profit or loss are two different measures of airline financial performance. Net profit or loss includes non-operating income and expenses, nonrecurring items or income taxes. Operating profit or loss is calculated from operating revenues and expenses before taxes and other nonrecurring items.
Total operating revenue for all U.S. passenger airlines in the January-March first-quarter of 2017 was $39.7 billion. Airlines collected $29.4 billion from fares, 74.0 percent of total first-quarter operating revenue (Table 4).
Total operating expenses for all passenger airlines in the first-quarter of 2017 were $36.4 billion, of which fuel costs accounted for $5.9 billion, or 16.3 percent, and labor costs accounted for $12.8 billion, or 35.1 percent (Table 4).
In the first quarter, scheduled passenger airlines collected a total of $1.0 billion in baggage fees, 2.6 percent of total operating revenue, and $723.6 million from reservation change fees, 1.8 percent of total operating revenue. Fees are included for calculations of net income, operating revenue and operating profit or loss (Table 4).
Baggage fees and reservation change fees are the only ancillary fees paid by passengers that are reported to BTS as separate items. Other fees, such as revenue from seating assignments and on-board sales of food, beverages, pillows, blankets, and entertainment are combined in different categories and cannot be identified separately.
See airline financial data press releases and the airline financial databases for historical data.

they hedged on business & first class travellers. they were late to join the premium economy game.
unlike US airlines, there is no domestic flights to buffer.
they are like Cathay, suffering from high cost. the amount of expat pilots they have? anyone counted?

in a way they are let down by their premium image, they are still the most expensive airline today and the onslaught of budget airlines is driving them faster to the grave.
their budget arm - Scoot is doing ok.

maybe like the old man says, he will tear up SIA and start another one haha.
unlike NOL, SIA won't go the same way because landing rights and stuff, you need government to government level, thats airlines that are bleeding are still around, like Brunei and Vietnam.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
they hedged on business & first class travellers. they were late to join the premium economy game.
they are like Cathay, suffering from high cost. the amount of expat pilots they have? anyone counted?

in a way they are let down by their premium image, they are still the most expensive airline today and the onslaught of budget airlines is driving them faster to the grave.

unlike NOL, SIA won't go the same way because landing rights and stuff, you need government to government level, thats airlines that are bleeding are still around, like Brunei and Vietnam.

if SIA sticks to its old success formula of "SIA Girls" and "Best Way To Fly" and cant change, it will go extinct like the dinosaurs. Goh Choon Pong is not the man who can bring in changes. Blame the dire straits SIA is in on TH and SIA Mgmt Board

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA is losing market share and profits are plunging. Still say nothing wrong?

market share competition is not new, SIA group is not sitting still.

Not sure what u mean by profits plunging. What level of profits is not considered plunging.

SIA is well managed. Nothing to be worry

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

SQ has always had trouble making money out of operations. They used to make money selling old planes and thru fleet renewal. But the market for older wide bodies have largely died. Only the single aisle used planes like 737 still have a market. Not to mention the miscalculation of ordering all those Airbus 380s. Scoot is only surviving because SQ transfers to them planes they themselves badly need. Scoot flies new Dreamliners which SQ sure could use on their own routes.

Traditionally, the RSAF has been the largest source of captains and first officers for SQ and its subsidiary like Silkair. And the RSAF has just gotten bigger and bigger thru the decades. They have a lot more multi engine rated pilots now that fly anything from K-135, to C-130, Fokkers, etc. I don't know why they are still employing so many expats when they can source from the RSAF.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Not sure what u mean by profits plunging. What level of profits is not considered plunging.

Losing $138 million in one quarter when no one else is losing money is very worrisome. If this does not concern you, then there is something wrong with you.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
what are you talking?

Temasek Holdings holds 55% of SIA shares. The PAP can do whatever they want with SIA without your and my consent

If lack of representation is so bad, why are shareholders so stupid still holding on to SIA stocks? Shareholders are free to sell their stock if they don't like it. Obviously things are still good in SIA. Don't listen to all the naysayers trolling on the internet. :smile:

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
SQ has always had trouble making money out of operations. They used to make money selling old planes and thru fleet renewal. But the market for older wide bodies have largely died. Only the single aisle used planes like 737 still have a market. Not to mention the miscalculation of ordering all those Airbus 380s. Scoot is only surviving because SQ transfers to them planes they themselves badly need. Scoot flies new Dreamliners which SQ sure could use on their own routes.

Traditionally, the RSAF has been the largest source of captains and first officers for SQ and its subsidiary like Silkair. And the RSAF has just gotten bigger and bigger thru the decades. They have a lot more multi engine rated pilots now that fly anything from K-135, to C-130, Fokkers, etc. I don't know why they are still employing so many expats when they can source from the RSAF.

Selling planes and fleet renew to make money is not accurate. The ROA ,return on Assets is the one of the highest in the industry.

Fighter pilots may not have the right temperament to captain a large airliner. You dont want a Top gun maverick in the cockpit.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

SIA sank into the red with FY 17 4th qtr loss of $138m compared to profit of $224m a year earlier. Does that not signal profit plunging?

SIA is in danger of going into the red for FY18 for the 1st time in its history. You still dont see that there is something wrong with SIA?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are enlightened. But to me, rotting under the PAP is a no, no. I want to see pap asking for forgiveness for the mismanagement of SG.

PAP is doing a great job, relative to any asiatic, eastern european and latin american government. That's basically like 90% of the world.

Most voters have some valid grip with the PAP; costs of living, some job insecurity, xenophobic, mrt breakdown, decline of SIA, sale of NOL, etc. But all these pale in comparison to the mismanagement of most countries around the world. Most sinkies read daily about the corruption in the SEA countries, collapse of government in places like Venezuela, repressive regimes in North Korea and Russia, economic collapse of Greece, ISIS threats all over Europe, etc.

By comparison, the faults of the PAP are mild.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Selling planes and fleet renew to make money is not accurate. The ROA ,return on Assets is the one of the highest in the industry.

Fighter pilots may not have the right temperament to captain a large airliner. You dont want a Top gun maverick in the cockpit.

U definitely don't know any SQ pilots. So, shut the fuck up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are so many airlines fighting for the consumers $ why should someone pick SIA:confused:
Maybe if you are an angmo but I'm just an ordinary lesser mortal i.e. Sporean

I used to fly SIA & had to pay for the privilege. Even their frequent flyer program is not very generous. Don't know whether it is still true but if you are a Sporean you have to pay more than someone getting a ticket outside of Spore.

I've flown both business & budget & I can tell you that when flying budget you will usually encounter packed flights & the pinkerton syndrome i.e. racial prejudice. This kind of treatment from my own national carrier :rolleyes:

If you don't believe try flying with airlines like Emirates, Cathay, Quantas, EVA, & judge for yourself

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U definitely don't know any SQ pilots. So, shut the fuck up.

saf pilots not automatic sia pilots, and sia pilots not many saf (fighter) pilots. they are hiring cheap, young, and good from other cuntries. where is our sadharshimo to verify this?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are so many airlines fighting for the consumers $ why should someone pick SIA:confused:
Maybe if you are an angmo but I'm just an ordinary lesser mortal i.e. Sporean

I used to fly SIA & had to pay for the privilege. Even their frequent flyer program is not very generous. Don't know whether it is still true but if you are a Sporean you have to pay more than someone getting a ticket outside of Spore.

I've flown both business & budget & I can tell you that when flying budget you will usually encounter packed flights & the pinkerton syndrome i.e. racial prejudice. This kind of treatment from my own national carrier :rolleyes:

If you don't believe try flying with airlines like Emirates, Cathay, Quantas, EVA, & judge for yourself

direct roundtrip flight from sfo to sin for $699 how not to book? not just the low price, but service remains great. if i ask for white wine i know i get good bordeaux white. if i ask for red wine i know i get good bordeaux red which is usually a combo of cabernet sauvignon and merlot. on united flight for the same route i face fat and old attendants and scowling cheebye faces. only gay male attendants are friendly as they like to attract male passengers. all other cabin crew members are unionized holdouts with an attitude. even in biz class they tell you to fuck off. a passenger came in last in line and couldn't find space to hang his coat on the upper deck of an old 747 and when he approached the female attendant was promptly ordered by her to run downstairs to find space in clothes cabinets at the biz section below. with sia, they will bend over backwards to take care of you if you're in biz class. they will bend a little to show cleavage if you're in economy. better than grandma attendants who cover their wrinkled necks with scarves. all these little things add up. but i know when i fly sq, the cockpit crew is seasoned and the plane is new.