• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rumours on Presidential Review & Findings on GIC

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that orchestrated petition has been organised and PAP MPs will "demand" a review of GIC on "behalf " of the people. A Presidential Review is expected. An attempt to create an illusion that the govt is responding to people's cry for transparency and accountability.

But clearly on their own terms. Its appears that the Review will be done with the aid of "independent" experts. I won't be surprised that 3 things will emerge

1) Reflection of the market which is in crisis
2) Allocation and risk appetite was acceptable for mgmt of foreign reserves.
3) To understand that this a long term approach.

Lets not get hoodwinked.

Lets demand a Non-partisan parliamentary Select Committee review. Its has happened in the past. After Wong Kan Seng's definition of "independent" committee with his subordinate in it, I don't have any confidence in this govt.

Nothing less than a Parliamentary Select Committee review with opposition candidates represented. Lets demand and stick to that.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. one should know better that there is no such thing as 'independent' in a despotic regime... the pap propaganda machinery is going into hyper drive to show the worse cases..

usual tactic of the pap -- selective comparison... aka self-delusion governance...

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell them don't waste tax payers money on Wayang, as long as it is not "Outside" audit, don't bother.
How can the same syndicate that we are trying to audit, appoints the auditors and set rules?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. one should know better that there is no such thing as 'independent' in a despotic regime... the pap propaganda machinery is going into hyper drive to show the worse cases..

usual tactic of the pap -- selective comparison... aka self-delusion governance...

I will vomit, if I see the usual hangers-on of the govt who claim to be indepedent. No time for people like Ho Kwon Ping, Koh Boon Hwee, Ng Ser Miang, Fang Ai Lin, etc

I actually don't mind old man's daughter who has revealed more on gaps and shortcomings than all the usual independent clowns.

Just compare her column and Ho Kwon Pings which they share as parts of a series with others. Ho Kwon Ping wrote about his family trip to Japan, Ramen mee, Japanese atittude and its economy. What an absolutely safe subject! Might as well talk about disappearing Pangolins in our fast receding forest which I think is more relevant and a better read to Singaporeans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell them don't waste tax payers money on Wayang, as long as it is not "Outside" audit, don't bother.
How can the same syndicate that we are trying to audit, appoints the auditors and set rules?

Agree. Nathan unfortunately was groomed and identified by old man as his spy chief. I doubt people will accept any view of his as independent.

Last edited:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will vomit, if I see the usual hangers-on of the govt who claim to be indepedent. No time for people like Ho Kwon Ping, Koh Boon Hwee, Ng Ser Miang, Fang Ai Lin, etc
I actually don't mind old man's daughter who has revealed more on gaps and shortcomings than all the usual independent clowns.

better get the airline vomit bags ready... :biggrin::biggrin:

i have long given up on pap as the govt for the people... and seems like i have been right all along...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
340x.jpg

Like this u also know? My heart can't take it liao oready lah! *Ouch*

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

There is one hell of debate between me and GMS over GIC as well, but I agree debate and transparency will do us a load of good. For one full explanation of risk, balance, and portfolio mix will inform us whether we have made the right balances, we will also have to debate whether we want to minimize the stakes we can take in companies, giving us small stakes in many companies globally (Norwegians) or larger stakes in
fewer companies

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

There is one hell of debate between me and GMS over GIC as well, but I agree debate and transparency will do us a load of good.
Yeah, I know. Nothing like an important subject getting a good airing.

For one full explanation of risk, balance, and portfolio mix will inform us whether we have made the right balances, we will also have to debate whether we want to minimize the stakes we can take in companies, giving us small stakes in many companies globally (Norwegians) or larger stakes in
fewer companies
Locke

We need this badly. Singapaporeans are really in the dark.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Adolf Hitler:

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise. "

"I am not a dictator. I have only simplified democracy."

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims of a big lie than a small one."

From Benito Mussolini:

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."

William Shirer:

"You don't need a totalitarian dictatorship like Hitler's to get by with murder ... you can do it in a democracy as long as the Congress and the people Congress is supposed to represent don't give a damn?"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Adolf Hitler:

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise. "

?"

Yes, and people seem to think that everything is rosy.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Adolf Hitler:

Is that why LKY and his stinking scums now making comparison to Zimbabwe to show Sinkies that SIngapore under LKY is paradise?

HA HA HA HA

SINKIES GET WHAT THEY FUCKING DESERVED FOR VOTING FOR LKY

LKY GAVE SINKIES WHAT THEY FUCKING DESERVED BY GIVING THEM PRATAMAN AS PRESIDENT

AND HIS GANG OF CRONIES INTO ANY BOARDS OF REVIEWS

BUT DIDNT SINKIES KNEW THAT ALL THE TIME?

AND DIDNT SINKIES STILL VOTED FOR BASTARD LKY AND HIS SCUMS IN WHITE?

NOW THEY SEE 400++ BILLIONS OF THEIR MONEY SUCKED INTO TEMASICK AND GIC FOR LKY TO PLAY PLAY WITH